Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 20, 2021 2:30 AM

Nov 2012
RedChrome said:
knktzvra said:
Damn, story progress goes brrr

So can I expect another x years skip and wait for Rio to come back and save the country and get his harem? Also the Haruto plot

I think the time skip will happen after encountering the assassin girl Latifa. sDhe appeared at the end of the ep and the next ep I'm sure she will make a full appearance in tracking down Kirito

You're damn right, I forgot about the assassin girl, probably the track - fight - reverse uno - routine and maybe the begin of their adventures, thanks for the reply!

My Candies:

Jul 20, 2021 3:41 AM
Apr 2020
Why did the ending have a memory montage as if it was the finale? And why is it so important to send an assassin for him, considering everyone thinks he died or got hurt after the fall when he saved Flora?
Jul 20, 2021 4:13 AM
Jan 2020
Not too bad an episode, hoping now that the story diverges a bit. The "commoner/outcas at school getting shit on by the nobles and framed for their mistakes" has been done in quite a few isekai/fantasy shows the last few years (Arifureta and Misfit at Demon King Academy come to mind), but unlike those mentioned, where the MC either uses their OP power to establish dominance, or gets revenge on the people who wronged them, Rio just kind of puts up with it so he doesn't make a scene, which made the rich kids behaviour even more cringe to watch. At this point things will hopefully get a bit more exciting, otherwise I may end up dropping. Seen far too many shows like this now.
Jul 20, 2021 4:18 AM
Jan 2020
mark_d said:
What a disappointing episode this was, while I love my Isekai this is being so generic with the shitty nobles troupe. 4/10, I'll read the manga instead.

EXACTLY my thoughts, it's been done to death now.
Jul 20, 2021 4:26 AM
Sep 2016
eliecher said:
Can someone tell me the reason that they have to chant "Enchanto pheeseecl Ability" instead of the japanese equivalent of it?

The spell is actually called Augandae Corporis, i dont know why they changed the name. Also, im pretty sure in this world monster corpses didnt just vanish like in a videogame...
Jul 20, 2021 4:37 AM
Sep 2016
Bio said:
So... question. Rio uses his superior Japanese kendo instead of their sword techniques. He uses his fantasy Japan spirit magic instead of even the basic magic skills. He never grew in status with the nobility. What did he actually get out of this school he bargained for? Seems like the only things he grew over the time skips were his height and his harem.

The anime is rushing so much that some things werent properly explained but to start, the MC didnt ask to enter this school,he was forces to do it. It wasnt a true reward but a measure the royalty took to keep him over watch as he was suspicious. He cant use regular magic because he is able to use spirit arts,it should be explained later but they might skip it too. And no, the MC cant just grow in status like that,he was still an academy student. He could have if he had choosen to become a Knight after graduating, but he didnt want too and shit happened anyway.
Jul 20, 2021 5:51 AM

Aug 2018
Nobility shitting on commoners as usual, wish they had found another fate facing the minotaur lul

I'm just glad Rio is leaving the academy, no more brats looking down at him or inventing stories to tarnish his reputation. Generally they never end up being punished which is naturally infuriating but well, another classic aspect.
Jul 20, 2021 6:12 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Spirit arts, eh? Interesting name. So, Rio really not posessed any magic power, but still able to immitating the technique by using that arts. Clearly interesting.

Damn it those kids, always noble be a shitty person, even on this kind of fantasy world. Oh well, thats an easy plotting doesn't it? Glad that Rio aka Haruto decided to left that piece of crap place asap. Cause i honestly don't have any patience watching that stupid kid behaviour. Though, with that being said, i may be a bit sad for not seeing white-haired loli sensei again. However, by a little surprise, Latifa got an introduction to fill Celia's spot on a good timing. Nice, i'd take that! Why not, right?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 20, 2021 6:32 AM

Oct 2016
Fuck them kids and fuck them nobles. Fine episode!

Ahh yes Matsuoka Yoshitsugu vs a Minotaur. Damn it, one of the things I really liked about the show is now sidelined for now, I hope someone will fill in the gap Celia left or better yet, she reunites with Rio immediately lmao. Latifa will assassinate Rio by joining his harem, stonks.
Jul 20, 2021 6:43 AM

Apr 2008
Siegfried10 said:
Bio said:
So... question. Rio uses his superior Japanese kendo instead of their sword techniques. He uses his fantasy Japan spirit magic instead of even the basic magic skills. He never grew in status with the nobility. What did he actually get out of this school he bargained for? Seems like the only things he grew over the time skips were his height and his harem.

The anime is rushing so much that some things werent properly explained but to start, the MC didnt ask to enter this school,he was forces to do it. It wasnt a true reward but a measure the royalty took to keep him over watch as he was suspicious. He cant use regular magic because he is able to use spirit arts,it should be explained later but they might skip it too. And no, the MC cant just grow in status like that,he was still an academy student. He could have if he had choosen to become a Knight after graduating, but he didnt want too and shit happened anyway.

You're right that I misremembered that first bit. He didn't make any requests. It's just what happened to him. I didn't mean why he didn't advance, though. I meant narratively what's the point of this school that didn't change his skills or relationships? He doesn't even seem much personally affected that he's delayed his life goal for nothing. Just to hit the magical school checkbox?
Jul 20, 2021 7:13 AM
Jun 2015
I'm dropping this... I can't handle this. I just can't. Gonna wait till finished airing... Just too frustrating to watch this weekly... Haven't been so frustrated on an Isekai since the Shield Hero Bitch... God I hate that country man. Can someone tell me if later episodes will have someone blow up that whole country and kill the princesses... then maybe I'll continue to watch weekly. TQ.
Jul 20, 2021 7:24 AM
Dec 2020
qoopxlp said:
I'm dropping this... I can't handle this. I just can't. Gonna wait till finished airing... Just too frustrating to watch this weekly... Haven't been so frustrated on an Isekai since the Shield Hero Bitch... God I hate that country man. Can someone tell me if later episodes will have someone blow up that whole country and kill the princesses... then maybe I'll continue to watch weekly. TQ.

I understand how you feel, but I think I'll try to continue weekly for now, the characters are all either annoying or stupid af. Those kids should get murdered slowly and painfully. I want to watch while it happens too.

Anyways, I'll give it a chance since hes about to go on his little adventure, hopefully wont see much about to dumb royals
some people...
Jul 20, 2021 7:29 AM
Dec 2018
Well damn. Fight Scene is fcked up. I thought I was watching a picture book or something. The story itself is fine though doesn't skip too much important detail from LN. Though ep 3 feels kinda dead though. Probably because of the animation. Was hoping they could redeem it with the other epsiodes that's coming.
danielcanariaJul 20, 2021 7:53 AM
Jul 20, 2021 7:32 AM

Nov 2016
These characters act so retarded. Hilarious af.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 20, 2021 7:35 AM
Jan 2017
I can't believe that I actually hated this episode, I love Isekais its in my top 5 genres and my Top 1 genre for mangas. Ive read up Ch 20 ish or so and I didnt mind the noble children because the manga was in a slightly faster pace and since its a manga you can read fast aswell so its even faster when you read fast(duh)

Let me get this clear I dont really hate the episode its just the noble children are so fucking annoying even the girl(dont know name they both have purple hair and they dont get shown for a few chapters after Rio left for journey) beside the girl that Rio saved she was so unreasonable, like are you seriously going to take other people's word, nay these little spoiled brats words when your sister said he saved her not once but TWICE.

Theres a problem that I saw at the end of the episode, frankly its not that big of a deal but since the pacing for the anime here is a lot slower than the manga, thhey showed a flashback for Celia's time with Rio in that room, WHY? they barely showed character interaction with each other and doesnt have any special bonds that was shown, we just had a 5 year time skip and assumed they had bonded closely and drink tea. And dont have a fucking time skip when its not even 1/3 of the anime is shown.

Regardless of what I said Im biased towards Isekai mangas but slightly strict on isekai animes, and Im probably going to rate this show 6 or 7 /10 if its done its visuals just fine, I was suprised how the slums was really different compared to the manga, the manga's side was the slums had 2-3 story buildings that impedes on sinlight making it much darker and resulting in alley ways that when you turn a corner there could be a drug deal going on in the shadows.

This is a criticism on the episode, not an argument that "oh you're just a hater" no, I like this show at least currently writing this I like it for now.
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Jul 20, 2021 7:37 AM
Dec 2018
eliecher said:
Am I missing something? How can Rio be accused of whatever they want to charge him with. Isn't Flora a clear witness. And won't her testimony will have much more weight as she is not only directly involved but also the princess of the monarchy.
Rio was basically set up. An scapegoat for the duke of huguenot. They doesn't want to take the blame because they might lose their position as a nobelty. Also if you read the LN you will see flora protesting against it but they simply just wont let her talk.
Jul 20, 2021 7:42 AM
Nov 2018
Bio said:
Siegfried10 said:

You're right that I misremembered that first bit. He didn't make any requests. It's just what happened to him. I didn't mean why he didn't advance, though. I meant narratively what's the point of this school that didn't change his skills or relationships? He doesn't even seem much personally affected that he's delayed his life goal for nothing. Just to hit the magical school checkbox?

Right, before he was dying from hunger in the slums, why would he want to delay that? The guy got food, shelter, formal education, learned to read, magic theory, geography, anything else he wanted to learn, got information about political forces in the kingdom, get acquainted with king, two princesses, powerful mage and retired knight instructor, had time to practice his new powers safely - what was the narrative point of all that? He was so much better as nobody in the slums without any real connection to the kingdom, friends or enemies. Well, to put it short your complaint doesn't make any sense.

"hit the magical school checkbox" - what does it even mean? It is just plain ridiculous. Heck, it is not even particularly generic magic school story.
Jul 20, 2021 8:28 AM
Jun 2017
Those nobles sure cant accept that Rio is beating them so they are charging some false accusations to them. How sad for rio though..
Jul 20, 2021 8:37 AM

Mar 2018
Self-insert Gary Stu protagonist: leaves the city due to discrimination and false accusation from shallow 'villains'.
The villains: send him a loli waifu.

Textbook example of mediocre anime logic.

And it's ironic the show tried to make viewers sad and sympathetic with Celia with that supposed-to-be emotional flashback while it only showed literally one scene of their bonding moment. It's obviously not enough so I didn't feel anything at all.

I kinda want to drop this show but at least the girls' designs are great so I'll try sticking around for a while. His harem ques- I mean, adventure will start next episode so I hope it gets better.

Jul 20, 2021 9:09 AM

Feb 2019
No good deed goes unpunished. Can’t believe they really tried making Rio into the bad guy for saving Flora. Sucks that he’s caught up in some political mind games. That montage with he and Celia’s past was pretty cute, hopefully it’s not too long before they see each other.
Jul 20, 2021 9:12 AM
Aug 2020
oh man, this bullying from his classmates is getting irritating. hope it ends soon
Jul 20, 2021 9:45 AM

Apr 2008
FreezePeach said:
Bio said:

Right, before he was dying from hunger in the slums, why would he want to delay that? The guy got food, shelter, formal education, learned to read, magic theory, geography, anything else he wanted to learn, got information about political forces in the kingdom, get acquainted with king, two princesses, powerful mage and retired knight instructor, had time to practice his new powers safely - what was the narrative point of all that? He was so much better as nobody in the slums without any real connection to the kingdom, friends or enemies. Well, to put it short your complaint doesn't make any sense.

"hit the magical school checkbox" - what does it even mean? It is just plain ridiculous. Heck, it is not even particularly generic magic school story.

The lifestyle issues became irrelevant from the moment he got ultimate magic power and some basic resources to start him off. I certainly don't expect him to face any particular challenges even though he's heading away from that shelter, and he doesn't seem worried either. We have no indication he practiced powers or was particularly safe to, since as you said this was a method to keep him under watch. The reading point is fair. Maybe he did learn other general knowledge things for the region he wouldn't have from his past life, which makes it weird we only get the school scenes where he has nothing to learn. The connections we're shown also didn't change. Princess still loves him for saving her, sister still mistrusts, teacher still cares for him, everyone else who matters still hates him. I guess it's more a complaint about the presentation that everything focused on is the same from before he started. I'd also say most things about this show are particularly generic.
Jul 20, 2021 11:19 AM
Sep 2016
Bio said:
Siegfried10 said:

Well, it built his relationship with Celia and while he didnt learn Magic he did improve his swordsmanship. He also learned more about that world's knowledge, as Rio was an orphan who didnt know shit and Haruto isnt from that world. This arc is also somewhat important for introducing some factions of Beltram and explaining a bit of how the Kingdom's politics are at the moment, which will be important later on in the story.

The school arc isnt that important and thats why it lasted only 1 volume in the LN.
Jul 20, 2021 11:22 AM
Sep 2016
Renkini said:
Self-insert Gary Stu protagonist: leaves the city due to discrimination and false accusation from shallow 'villains'.
The villains: send him a loli waifu.

Textbook example of mediocre anime logic.

And it's ironic the show tried to make viewers sad and sympathetic with Celia with that supposed-to-be emotional flashback while it only showed literally one scene of their bonding moment. It's obviously not enough so I didn't feel anything at all.

I kinda want to drop this show but at least the girls' designs are great so I'll try sticking around for a while. His harem ques- I mean, adventure will start next episode so I hope it gets better.

That flashback scene was ridiculous with just 3 episodes in and Celia being relevant in like 2. They could have used those minutes for the plot so it wasnt as rushed as it was.
Jul 20, 2021 12:32 PM
Nov 2020
RedChrome said:
Those noble kids are fucking annoying, the princess group are dumb and useless and it's up to Kirito to save them, sigh kinda wish they all got slaughter by the Orcs or the Minotaur
well said I feel the same
Jul 20, 2021 12:35 PM
Nov 2020
qoopxlp said:
Yea this perfectly sums up how I feel too the nobles are so annoying and frustrating to watch
Jul 20, 2021 12:41 PM
Nov 2018
Bio said:
FreezePeach said:

The lifestyle issues became irrelevant from the moment he got ultimate magic power and some basic resources to start him off. I certainly don't expect him to face any particular challenges even though he's heading away from that shelter, and he doesn't seem worried either. We have no indication he practiced powers or was particularly safe to, since as you said this was a method to keep him under watch. The reading point is fair. Maybe he did learn other general knowledge things for the region he wouldn't have from his past life, which makes it weird we only get the school scenes where he has nothing to learn. The connections we're shown also didn't change. Princess still loves him for saving her, sister still mistrusts, teacher still cares for him, everyone else who matters still hates him. I guess it's more a complaint about the presentation that everything focused on is the same from before he started. I'd also say most things about this show are particularly generic.

"The lifestyle issues became irrelevant from the moment he got ultimate magic power" - he was 7 years old, if he tried to use his magic to solve his problems he would end up dead very quick. If he miraculously survived he would be a rather hardcore criminal. It would be totally different story so here is the "narrative point" you were looking for.

"We have no indication he practiced powers" - sure, he did nothing for 5 years and didn't progress at all. He could totally beat those monsters fresh from the slums. That's equally ridiculous.

"we only get the school scenes where he has nothing to learn" - he learned tons in 5 years, if you got these scenes they would take entire episodes without advancing the story at all. Literally, long dumb information dump - and you were complaining about "narrative point"? Wow. We didn't have any info about what he learned in university either, you seem to be ok with it.

"The connections we're shown also didn't change" - WTH you talking about? Before academy arc there were none, after they were there. Motivation and attitude of both princesses are clear. There is literally zero chance that he will not return to the kingdom where all these relationships will be the basis of the plot. Most of the story so far happened in the academy and you don't see "narrative point"? Did I mention it is ridiculous?

"I guess it's more a complaint about the presentation" - I guess it is a complaint that make absolutely no sense and it's only purpose is to make you feel false superiority. Unfortunately it seems to be a motivation of 95% of criticism on MAL and I usually just ignore it. It's just that yours was particularly strange.
FreezePeachJul 20, 2021 1:05 PM
Jul 20, 2021 12:46 PM
Dec 2015
To me it looks like a light 13+ version of the redo of healer prologue. Perhaps I'll say goodbye to this anime.
Jul 20, 2021 1:32 PM

Nov 2011
Are the characters in this anime plain fucking stupid? Like how is it no one ABSOLUTELY no one see Rio save Flora? ALSO not only that but they REFUSE to believe Flora even when she is royalty...

I just don't get this anime sometimes.

It's not even bad just that there are stupid ass moments.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 20, 2021 1:51 PM
Nov 2008
This episode yet again left a bad taste in my mouth. All that over the top evil aristocracy shit and mc being obedient cuck just doesn't feel right. I hope that trend is over here and now from now on.
Jul 20, 2021 2:20 PM

Aug 2020
Well I am glad we won't have to see much of the annoying "noble" classmates for the time being, they were irritating to watch lol. Especially that one that got hit by the spear, made so much fuss and yet blames it on someone else, real noble of him.

Jul 20, 2021 3:43 PM

May 2013
no joke, I thought i was watching Kirito vs. The Gleam Eyes low budget. This discrimination thing is something we pretty much almost see all the time on these kind of noble/commoners kind of setting. Just beat their ass man, who freaking cares.
Jul 20, 2021 4:16 PM
Mar 2014
Can't speak for the source, but several posters on this page above made pretty important points regarding why things are the way they are. We even see Celia wanting to help him, but realizing that she can't because she doesn't have the power so she lets him go. The principle of the school himself was thinking about how the royal family is weak so it only makes sense that a member of the higher nobles would pin the blame on him rather than his own son and that he'd go with it.

It's true that Flora's sister is being extremely silly with her attitude. More so when you consider that he saved her sister twice! The other nobles already detested him and were not likely to change so it's not surprising either. While not great, you have to give credit to Rio for reading the situation he's in and acting accordingly as sad as it is. Fact of the matter is that his hands are tied and he can't do much so he chose to just listen and follow while building up his strengths.

A poster above was asking about what he got out of those 5 years? A ton of stuff. The most valuable being knowledge of the world he is in. Rio is an orphan and was young so he likely knew nothing about the world. This was a chance to learn all of this information in a "safe" zone. There is absolutely no way he could have learned as much in another setting, not to mention he built a strong bond (or two) with Celia at least who is really fond of him. I have no doubt that he spent a lot of his time just working on his studies and training his body/spirit arts etc...

Only thing disappointing about this episode is that Celia didn't follow him and it felt really short and quick. I would've liked to get even more information about the world and maybe a longer battle with the Minotaur though DanMachi and SAO flashbacks are more frequent now haha. It's still odd to think he's only 12 at this point when it feels like he's more 15-16 easy. I look forward to seeing where his adventurers take him and hope that he comes back to Beltram one day as OP as ever so he can shut up the nobles for their despicable treatment of him.
Jul 20, 2021 5:36 PM
Apr 2016
GrymKryzel said:
eliecher said:

Charging a commoner (Rio) is not coup d'etat.
You see if they blame Huguenot Family, it will cause an uproar on Noble Society, and they will cause a Coup d'état. Since the King is not that powerful he choose to turn a blind eye on that and sacrifice Rio.
What are they even accusing him of? Nobody died nor was seriously injured in the end, right?
Jul 20, 2021 7:14 PM
Mar 2012
MC saves Flora falling 2nd time. New false accusation, but there's nothing real to accuse of since no one injured from the team pushed around on cliff. More annoying royals, why focus so much on them when the op suggest there's a ton more characters? Are they key to the overall plot?
That animation... that budget much wuw.
Jul 20, 2021 8:05 PM
Sep 2019
JanPri said:
GrymKryzel said:
You see if they blame Huguenot Family, it will cause an uproar on Noble Society, and they will cause a Coup d'état. Since the King is not that powerful he choose to turn a blind eye on that and sacrifice Rio.
What are they even accusing him of? Nobody died nor was seriously injured in the end, right?
Stewart colliding to Flora, that cause her falling to death, if not Rio save her. Attempted Killing of Royalty, idk if that what it calls but thats still a crime that requires heavy punishment, and Duke Huguenot don't want any of that so they make Rio the suspect who push Flora, and let him take the responsibility.
GrymKryzelJul 20, 2021 8:10 PM
Jul 20, 2021 8:15 PM

Jun 2021
Celia is best girl and the ED dedicated to her was a nice touch.

However, she can only do so much to save this show. The villains are so generic to the point it's starting to get painful to watch them and I still don't care about Diet Kirito.

I also wish the fights were animated better, but even if it was, I don't even think that can save the mediocrity of this show

Won't drop it quite yet (hoping the new assassin girl is semi-interesting), but it's on its last rope.
Jul 20, 2021 10:55 PM
Dec 2015
GrymKryzel said:
JanPri said:
Stewart colliding to Flora, that cause her falling to death, if not Rio save her. Attempted Killing of Royalty, idk if that what it calls but thats still a crime that requires heavy punishment, and Duke Huguenot don't want any of that so they make Rio the suspect who push Flora, and let him take the responsibility.

It might only sound reasonable to a short-sighted idiot. In fact, the concept of justice exists for a reason. If tomorrow someone tries to kill the king's family, then no one will come to the aid of such a ruler. If they wanted, they could just hush up that situation if they didn't want to quarrel with the duke. The author just thoughtlessly follows the concept of "Ichigo betrayed everything" and escalates the situation from scratch.
Jul 21, 2021 12:44 AM

Feb 2018
Poor Haruto, Why did Haruto save that girl?
Jul 22, 2021 8:10 AM

Nov 2013
This was the most CRINGE episode so saturated with Clichés that I was tempted to drop it. Maybe I'll do just that after the next episode with cliché loli furry who'll definitely become MC's sidekick.
Jul 22, 2021 6:19 PM

Apr 2018
Poor Rio he really gets blamerd for everything because he is just that good. It makes sense why Rio is gonna leave the academy to stay out of trouble but please slow down the show its going way too fast imo.
Jul 22, 2021 8:46 PM

May 2019
What the hell happened to the animation in this episode?
It wasn't stellar to start with, but it was passable for the first two episodes.
This one was a bunch of stiff frames, badly done motion blur effects, and zoom-ins on dead fish faces.
The vocal performances and sound design shit the bed too. At least 2 times there was a huge buildup in the music that was either horribly timed or just sort of faded out unceremoniously with nothing of real import happening.
Jul 24, 2021 8:24 PM

Nov 2009
wait... so somehow they were able to go against the Princesses' words and witness in person? (the one that literally got physically saved from falling AND the minotaur)

the Fuck... previous episodes made it sound like they had the King's backings to defend Rio/Haruto... guess not? King is less in power than the school Principal?

No wonder the Royalty's status is decreasing... LUL

___ ___ ___

and Rio as expected, extremely mature, he already know what he had to do at the moment he was falling (already planned to leave even if he wasn't taking any blames)

The only one that took the biggest hit from this incident is probably Celia, since she spend the most time with Rio and has hidden feelings for him, not to mention she vowed to protect him when they were younger, but she can't go against higher nobility. (especially ones that's apparently more power than the King)

___ ___ ___

Yea, now I see what that other "rating going down" thread is about... the story and setting isn't that well thought out. (tho the art is quite well done)

Oh yea, and apparently end of this episode introduced a Fox? Girl that's apparently chained and trained to be an assassin? so slavery in Fantasy World once again... but WAIT, bet 1 zillion Fantasy coins the girl will end up being Rio/Haruto's traveling companion just like all other Isekai with Animal Girls that gets near MCs.

(TBH, animal girls are nice tho, they're cute, but also very overused, especially slavery animal girls and MCs getting together....)
amlgJul 27, 2021 8:45 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 25, 2021 11:14 AM

Aug 2013
I can't think of how non novel readers are enjoying this at this point. XD
They skip through everything and in 3 episodes we went from kindergarden to primary school to highschool.
The entire school arc only consist of 1 battle from the tournament and 1 extra curriculum.
They skip through everything making the anime so bland.

I'm just here for them cute waifus adapted. <3
Plot or character development doesn't matter anymore lmao.
They are gonna time skip so much again in later arcs from the looks of it.
Lambdaa-Jul 25, 2021 11:23 AM
Jul 26, 2021 7:16 PM

Nov 2013
It wasn't good. The animation was pretty poor and this harem tropes of every male besides the MC has to be a total dicks just need to die already. It's not nice to watch and I'm not feel better for Rio anyway.

The only amusing things

FACE ME SEKIRO!!!!

I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jul 27, 2021 3:26 AM

Apr 2011
Those two little noble pricks are just pathetic and are now blaming it on Rio even the headmaster is pathetic. These kind of people don't deserve to be nobles not even human beings. More like trash heap. Good thing Rio had enough of this BS and left because he knows he doesn't have no support against these, not even Celia can help. At least Flora is a decent person unlike his sister. Also the old guy who his combat teacher is decent too.

Its sad to see Celia cry now that Rio left and set off on his journey. Good to see the school part is over in three episodes so now we can watch the interesting part.
MagitoJul 27, 2021 3:53 AM
Aug 3, 2021 10:34 AM
Aug 2018
In five years, they were not able to change their evaluation of Rio ?
I really hate when the MC does some incredible stuff and everyone is saying "it's luck". The first time ok... but for five years ?
Anyway, the accusation against Rio don't make sense. The second princess can not even argue against her own classmate ?
And, even if by mistake, Rio had actually pushed the noble who pushed the princess, Rio jumped and saved her.
So, what's the problem ?
And are we supposed to believe no one watched the fight between Rio and the monster ? When three person just happened to run towards the princess just after the monster get killed ?
Rio saved the princess three times and she can't even try to protect him ?
If you want to exile your hero... do it right...
Well, at least, school arc is over.
I'm sure Latifa will join the MC :) It reminded me of shield hero...
Aug 12, 2021 8:27 AM

Apr 2015
The cliff scene was top notch comedy, like lmao look at all that quality.

This whole school conflict was really pathetic, good riddance if anything. Like I'm okay with characters being annoying but man those other boys were excruciatingly shallow cliches.

For some reason not inclined to drop it yet, probably because the apparent main characters at least aren't horribly grating at the moment(as they aren't doing anything of note)
Sep 22, 2021 3:40 PM

Jul 2015
Irresponsible to not let a teacher supervise the group of kids even if the teacher (Cecilia) is a kid herself or should I say loli since she's already 17.Well nice to see Rio escape that nasty bunch with their false charges (except Cecilia and Flora).

Sep 23, 2021 7:42 AM

Sep 2020
Lambdaa- said:
I can't think of how non novel readers are enjoying this at this point. XD
They skip through everything and in 3 episodes we went from kindergarden to primary school to highschool.
The entire school arc only consist of 1 battle from the tournament and 1 extra curriculum.
They skip through everything making the anime so bland.

I'm just here for them cute waifus adapted. <3
Plot or character development doesn't matter anymore lmao.
They are gonna time skip so much again in later arcs from the looks of it.

It's not that bad tbh. The quick pacing isnt that bad considering how painfully slow the start of the novel was. Fans of this series know how generic and mediocre it is but we love it regardless, they did skip most of the explanation regarding the magic but it's not that important for adaptation since most anime-only watchers prolly isnt that keen on that (think of how mahouka did it, people were actually complaining because they did not like how detailed theyve explained things lmao). The only important scenes that are really left out is how Rio was searching for clues regarding that "spirit" he saw, why he cant use magic normally, and how Christina is always monitoring him.

Also if you think about it the quick pacing is actually beneficial. This episode is the end of the first volume and best girl Celia wouldnt show up again until volume 5. So having a quicker pace mean the faster we get to see Celia again :>
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2021

158 by Playcool »»
Mar 11, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2021

70 by Kraum »»
Feb 2, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2021

62 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 21, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

86 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2021

66 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.