Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 18, 2021 7:44 PM
Jan 2021
In the title "Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! (Shinsaku Anime)" I think the important part to look at is in the parenthesis. Shinsaku (新作) means "new work" (correct me if I'm wrong) and that's followed by anime instead of OVA or Movie etc. That being said, I am going to preemptively and irresponsibly get my hopes up for the third season of Konosuba.
Jul 18, 2021 7:58 PM
#borntoboil

Jan 2021
i'd laugh if it's an 13 episode 1 minute ona lol
is it really worf to put things in here like nobody reads these

discord ~ ganjimex

Jul 18, 2021 9:10 PM
Jan 2017
Im pretty sure they highlighted how its a different studio from s1 and s2 but same studio as the movie, why would they mention that if they arent making a new season, theyve already tested the waters with the movie and it was a massive success so they shouldnt be scared to go for s3 now, I really do hope its season 3, theres a lot of demand for it after the movie, and LN is finished so they dont have a problem with source material. I put my money on season 3.
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Jul 18, 2021 9:19 PM

Jun 2019
GanjiMEX said:
I'd be throwing hands I stg
Jul 18, 2021 9:21 PM
Nov 2019
As much as I want it to be season 3, I feel like if it was they would just say so. As opposed to the vague "new project".
Jul 18, 2021 9:25 PM

Jun 2019
AnimeNerd99 said:
As much as I want it to be season 3, I feel like if it was they would just say so. As opposed to the vague "new project".
Maybe so, but at the same time it's a great way of generating hype by being vague.
Jul 18, 2021 9:34 PM
May 2020
GanjiMEX said:

i would actually cry lmao
Jul 18, 2021 10:28 PM

Apr 2018
Please be a season 3...
Jul 18, 2021 10:38 PM

Feb 2020
BSPancake said:
Shinsaku (新作) means "new work" (correct me if I'm wrong) and that's followed by anime instead of OVA or Movie etc.

OVAs and movies are also anime though, I have no idea what your point is.
Jul 18, 2021 10:40 PM

Jun 2016
Is this a tv right?
I’ve been waited for this.

This must cover the rest of the remaining arcs but sadly it got spoiled too much and I hope it has original anime ending.

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Jul 18, 2021 10:49 PM

Jul 2020
Let us believe this would be season 3 and hoping there would be more to follow 🙏
Jul 18, 2021 11:08 PM

Feb 2020
Well, the light novel is finally done with, and they've already animated about half of the novels. So might as well just make a push with another two seasons or so and finish animating that thing!
Jul 19, 2021 12:24 AM
Jan 2021
mazuchi said:
BSPancake said:
Shinsaku (新作) means "new work" (correct me if I'm wrong) and that's followed by anime instead of OVA or Movie etc.

My point is if it were a movie or an OVA, it would say so. Yes ,"Anime" is pretty ambiguous in this situation, but I can't help but think its a 1 cour TV series
Jul 19, 2021 12:25 AM

Dec 2020
GanjiMEX said:

I'll flip the table outta this world if that happens
Jul 19, 2021 12:34 AM

Feb 2020
BSPancake said:
mazuchi said:

My point is if it were a movie or an OVA, it would say so. Yes ,"Anime" is pretty ambiguous in this situation, but I can't help but think its a 1 cour TV series

And why does that logic not apply to TV anime??

I mean, I also think it'll be TV, but there is no way to conclude this from the word "anime" lol.
Jul 19, 2021 1:34 AM
Apr 2021
the whole reason they created the movie was to "test the waters". The promise to the fanbase was that if the movie did well they'd make a season 3. Seeing as how the movie did in fact do well, I don't see why they wouldn't greenlight a season 3. It makes the most economic sense IMO.
If they wait any longer then they risk another show coming in and filling the isekai comedy niche (such as the new season of the Devil is a Part-Timer). They'd have to be stupid not to be working on a season 3 right now.
Jul 19, 2021 1:41 AM
Jan 2021
mazuchi said:
BSPancake said:

I mean, I also think it'll be TV, but there is no way to conclude this from the word "anime" lol.

Do you just not want to understand? When you see the word "Anime" does your mind instantly default to an anime movie or OVA? Probably not.
Jul 19, 2021 2:02 AM

Feb 2020
BSPancake said:
mazuchi said:

Do you just not want to understand? When you see the word "Anime" does your mind instantly default to an anime movie or OVA? Probably not.

Well, after the thread title "Why I believe this is season 3" I expected something like a reason or an argument to support this, you know? Not just your intuition or whatever. Sorry that I gave you too much credit.
Jul 19, 2021 2:08 AM
Jan 2021
mazuchi said:
BSPancake said:

Well, after the thread title "Why I believe this is season 3" I expected something like a reason or an argument to support this, you know? Not just your intuition or whatever. Sorry that I gave you too much credit.

Forgive me for having just as much information on this as you do and using my own logic to deduct the answer to what everyone is wondering about. If you agree with my thinking process, great. If you don't, great. It's meant to be a discussion, not a presentation of concrete evidence.
Sep 3, 2021 9:34 PM
Feb 2020
Alex796 said:
Well, the light novel is finally done with, and they've already animated about half of the novels. So might as well just make a push with another two seasons or so and finish animating that thing!

They've already adapted less than 1/3 of the LN.
Sep 11, 2021 1:52 AM
May 2019
I think it's season 3 .. Hopefully longer than 11 episodes though, lol
Sep 14, 2021 4:00 PM
Aug 2019
I really hope it's season 3 but really don't think so.

*They just don't have any reason to hide it unless it's something else.
*Ai Kayano still have problems in China and not many studios are willing to take the risk of being canceled in one of the biggest markets
*Replacing Kayano is not very likely since she's quite loved outside of China and would only exacerbate the situation.
*There are more Konosuba related works besides the main series that they can capitalize on, they may go for the Megumin spinoff, Vanir or even Dust. And in doing so they could actually really test the waters in China for an upcoming 3rd season (At least that would be my reasoning if it was my money the one at stake)

...I just hope I'm wrong about this
Sep 15, 2021 1:04 PM

Apr 2018
XhionPime said:

*Ai Kayano still have problems in China and not many studios are willing to take the risk of being canceled in one of the biggest markets

What? I never heard of this before. If you don't mind me asking, what happened?
Sep 16, 2021 11:39 AM
Aug 2019
To sum up, she made a comment about the Yasukuni shrine: "It is not a good idea to go to Yasukuni Shrine during Chinese New Year" , and things started to escalate from there. To be fair, Japanese celebrities are supposed to know that it's not good to comment on the matter - it was a very awkward slip on her part but still... the punishment seems excessive for me.

Ever since (And as far as I know) Konosuba was removed from their strreaming platforms, she was removed as voice actor from several games (including Azur Lane and Arknights) and she has lost job opportunities because of that
Sep 16, 2021 2:13 PM

Apr 2018
XhionPime said:
To sum up, she made a comment about the Yasukuni shrine: "It is not a good idea to go to Yasukuni Shrine during Chinese New Year" , and things started to escalate from there. To be fair, Japanese celebrities are supposed to know that it's not good to comment on the matter - it was a very awkward slip on her part but still... the punishment seems excessive for me.

Ever since (And as far as I know) Konosuba was removed from their strreaming platforms, she was removed as voice actor from several games (including Azur Lane and Arknights) and she has lost job opportunities because of that

I'm sorry, but I'm so ignorant on this matter. I don't know what she meant by that comment, or why it was so bad.
Purple_Gh0st24Sep 19, 2021 7:05 PM
Sep 19, 2021 5:22 PM
Aug 2019
The story is somewhat long and begins to get political, so I better leave you the link to the Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasukuni_Shrine#Post-war_issues_and_controversies
Sep 19, 2021 7:28 PM

Apr 2018
XhionPime said:
The story is somewhat long and begins to get political, so I better leave you the link to the Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasukuni_Shrine#Post-war_issues_and_controversies

Thank you for sharing this. After reading everything I could on the matter, I'd like to correct a small mistake you made. She didn't say "It is not a good idea to go to Yasukuni Shrine during Chinese New Year," she said "It makes for a pleasant mood" after visiting the shrine, which understandably led to backlash considering the shrine honours war criminals and the shrine's website is full of nationalistic historical revisionism.

I can't find any news of why she visited or if she even knows about the controversies surrounding the shrine (though she should), so I can't say whether or not I'm thoroughly disappointed in her.
Sep 24, 2021 8:52 AM

Dec 2017
XhionPime said:
I really hope it's season 3 but really don't think so.

*They just don't have any reason to hide it unless it's something else.
*Replacing Kayano is not very likely since she's quite loved outside of China and would only exacerbate the situation.
*There are more Konosuba related works besides the main series that they can capitalize on, they may go for the Megumin spinoff, Vanir or even Dust. And in doing so they could actually really test the waters in China for an upcoming 3rd season (At least that would be my reasoning if it was my money the one at stake)

...I just hope I'm wrong about this

China's losing their goodwill towards studios and the general world populace fast. Don't see how this would last...
Sep 24, 2021 6:38 PM
Aug 2019
Yup
It may sound bad, but I think that's for the best; its level of censorship is increasing and I'm not only talking about anime. In any case, for now we can only wait and see.... and hope it's a third season :V
XhionPimeSep 28, 2021 8:13 AM
Sep 27, 2021 7:19 PM

Jan 2021
I hope it becomes season 3

More topics from this board

» Why the awful animation

EastIndiaCompany - Apr 14

33 by EastIndiaCompany »»
1 hour ago

» Dub?

TheHoodSenpai - 12 hours ago

8 by MrHunterxHunter »»
1 hour ago

» The new season is apalling. Please change my mind.

ChaosNe0 - Yesterday

35 by EastIndiaCompany »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 5

164 by Ranxomare »»
3 hours ago

» When's the next episode?

Piniv - Apr 20

13 by Otakupervert890 »»
Yesterday, 8:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.