Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 19, 2021 6:23 AM
May 2018
Really wondering when his phone will run out battery
Jul 19, 2021 12:27 PM

Mar 2013
_Karma_ said:
Really wondering when his phone will run out battery
It must have a solar charging system lol XD
Anyway, the cliffhanger was really... hmm... Okay, I need more... :D
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 20, 2021 5:30 AM

Jan 2016
Incranium said:
FireFistYK said:
Holy shit that Slayer opening! What a throwback!

But this episode was the best of the 3 so far. It'll probably be a harem but I've never had a problem with them so that's none of my concerns. The cast introduced in this episode were all to my liking
His phone could realistically survive a week if he turned it off and used it minimally so I'll let that "plot hole" pass

So this is definitely not an anime for people looking for a masterpiece or anything amazing, but I figure that it will keep most people entertained enough even with flaws, which is fine because not every series has to be critically acclaimed. In the end, anime is a hobby and something a lot of us use to relax, and frankly these good to OK shows helps balance it out nicely because it'd be difficult to watch 10-20 quality series each week. It'll serve as a decent palet cleanser

You are actually wrong about it being just good, although that depends on taste.

Episodes 5/6 to 12 of the anime will be the tightest writing you will ever see for a LN that does not focus on action ( this has plenty of action, mind you). I would put this part of the anime, if executed well, on the level of Jojo fights if you count strategizing as a battle. Although, do tone down your expectations considering how you like other anime.

I'm a bit confused, why should I lower my expectations when I don't rate it that highly? I just said that it's not as bad as people are making it out to be and that it's a decent show
Jul 20, 2021 7:52 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Interesting decision. Skipping parts to straight introduction them all. Oh well, not like i can complain much considering its just a usual way to fasten up a bit the story.

Strange, huh, Kazuya? That's what i think exactly when you got that phone still alive, got an auto-translated one language and had a poltergeist hand in your control.

Anyway, most of the part kinda missing and not so interesting after all. This is just Kazuya sitting and let them introduced whose them, whats their talent and their cases, one by one, just that. However, i think this is still fine considering the objective of this episode solely to introduced the five of them. That's it. Still, ugh, i feels shallow watching this, moreover with those not-so-wise cliffhanger.

However, i should've continue no matter what, and hopefully there's something more interesting goin on later....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 20, 2021 3:14 PM
Jul 2019
Whoa, is Liscia , being jealous when the guy approaches that songress?
Jul 21, 2021 3:08 PM

Mar 2016
Homeboy has a phone since when?

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police šŸ˜«
Jul 22, 2021 11:14 PM

Jul 2019
i already notice this from ep 1 but because this anime just start i not touching about it, but because this already ep 3 i will say it

MC say this in ep 3 "in this world everyone use only 1 language " but this character Amidonia Roroa use japanese slang!?

im not really remember from where slang she use but im 100% sure she use slang.
so why. why director do this!

now i 100% sure director brain cell melting inside his head
Jul 22, 2021 11:24 PM

Jul 2019
MenchiK1 said:
Everything in this was infuriatingly stupid. It's like it was written by a dumbass who thinks they are smart and are too stupid to know they aren't. And that's exactly how the king comes off. The only way this show could work now is if the supposedly smart guy just volunteered so he could manipulate him and take over. Easy drop.
i actually understand what you want to say but please believe me, this is not like what you see, author who write this is pretty smart actually, because the original creation is 100% more good than this, even manga adaptaion from this product 100% more good than adaptation anime so Please suppress your anger, if you want to curse, curse director who direct this anime and not the author.

(this comment is 100% from my respect to original creator who make this series and no other mean) (Please don't misjudge some series before until you confirmed about it)

Thank You
1_Narumi_1Jul 22, 2021 11:30 PM
Jul 22, 2021 11:57 PM

Apr 2010
1_Narumi_1 said:
i already notice this from ep 1 but because this anime just start i not touching about it, but because this already ep 3 i will say it

MC say this in ep 3 "in this world everyone use only 1 language " but this character Amidonia Roroa use japanese slang!?

She speaks what her world calls merchant slang. Because of the way the translation works for summoned heroes, MC hears it as Japanese slang.
antonnJul 23, 2021 12:00 AM
Jul 23, 2021 12:15 AM

Jul 2019
antonn said:
1_Narumi_1 said:

She speaks what her world calls merchant slang. Because of the way the translation works for summoned heroes, MC hears it as Japanese slang.
hooo~ im not notice about that thank for your help

(but i still think director brain cell is melting inside his head)
Jul 25, 2021 3:38 PM
Sep 2020
FireFistYK said:
Incranium said:

You are actually wrong about it being just good, although that depends on taste.

Episodes 5/6 to 12 of the anime will be the tightest writing you will ever see for a LN that does not focus on action ( this has plenty of action, mind you). I would put this part of the anime, if executed well, on the level of Jojo fights if you count strategizing as a battle. Although, do tone down your expectations considering how you like other anime.

I'm a bit confused, why should I lower my expectations when I don't rate it that highly? I just said that it's not as bad as people are making it out to be and that it's a decent show

Sorry about confusing you, I was just trying to say that the anime is not as mediocre as you might think as the meat of the story happens later on. I just wanted to change your opinion on the anime, so sorry about that.
Jul 26, 2021 7:35 AM

Jun 2016
A full ep of Kazuya judging peoples talents is not exactly what I'd call thrilling, but it is good that we get to at least see and meet the new characters. I wonder what that cliffhanger is going to be about.

The wacky camera movement from episode 1 is back.

Jul 27, 2021 7:07 PM

Jan 2011
lots of cringe moments and i hate being reminded that smartphone exist ,how does it still work for some reason i thought he tried to sell it off but that was in black company.

could not stop thinking about how bias he was to the guy that "eats a lot" i understand the kind of knowledge he'll have on foods of the world will be useful but right after him was a dude that was a walking encyclopedia ,i'd feel a bit insulted if that guy was given a title before even doing anything lol or anyone for that matter
Aug 2, 2021 6:34 AM

Mar 2012
The only thing I want to know is how his phone battery lasted that long.

Aside from that the talents of those chosen guys were weird in a bad way. A guy who has eaten dishes from all over the world!? Calling a chef who has prepared dishes from all over the world would be more useful! And what use would a singer be of!? So much for being "realistic"!
Aug 2, 2021 2:53 PM

Apr 2010
Maou_heika said:

Aside from that the talents of those chosen guys were weird in a bad way. A guy who has eaten dishes from all over the world!? Calling a chef who has prepared dishes from all over the world would be more useful! And what use would a singer be of!? So much for being "realistic"!

MC is supposed to be a"realist." The series isn't about being overly realistic, I mean there's magic for crying out loud.
Realist - "a person who recognizes what is real or possible in a particular situation : one who accepts and deals with things as they really are."

Poncho's talent is his knowledge of food from all corners of the world. That knowledge just might be a tad bit useful for a kingdom currently suffering from a food shortage.

What use does a singer have in today's world? There's your answer.
antonnAug 2, 2021 3:07 PM
Aug 3, 2021 7:43 AM

Mar 2012
antonn said:
Maou_heika said:

MC is supposed to be a"realist." The series isn't about being overly realistic, I mean there's magic for crying out loud.
Realist - "a person who recognizes what is real or possible in a particular situation : one who accepts and deals with things as they really are."

Poncho's talent is his knowledge of food from all corners of the world. That knowledge just might be a tad bit useful for a kingdom currently suffering from a food shortage.

What use does a singer have in today's world? There's your answer.
Yes, I'm well aware that the isekai has magic but I'm talking about his foolish decisions in hiring a singer and foodie. The foodie is useless unless he can cook what he has eaten. Also ever heard of Maslow's triangle? Their country has a shortage of food and funds, not the best time to be hiring a singer. Getting someone who has knowledge about farming/various crops or economy would have been far more useful.
Aug 10, 2021 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
I am so happy that it was Kazuya who got summoned to this failing country!
Aug 21, 2021 3:18 PM
Oct 2016
Aisha trying her best lmao

Aug 28, 2021 7:59 PM
Sep 2019
Nice teammates :D
And cliffhanger... at least I watched it after 8 episodes have already released haha
Aug 30, 2021 9:10 AM

Oct 2019
I like this show - so far. It is nice to see a change from the conventional Isekai / heroic / adventure cliches. Battles, wars and adventures are important but they are not the only things that matter. It is more effective and efficient to think of the big picture, like the lead does, with intellect and pragmatism. It is arguably more honorable as well, since battles and wars should always be the last, not the first resort.

The drawback of this though is how to keep the interest of the audience. 3 episodes on I think they've done well, but later on if they keep up the same pace the show might turn boring. We do not watch anime / read manga to see a faithful mirror of real life or to be treated to the most efficient solutions to various issues after all, we do it to be entertained and have fun.

So I really wonder if they are going to retain audience interest later on or if they lose most of it..
Sep 1, 2021 10:36 AM
Oct 2019
DUMB

"thin out the forest" even though forests survived for millennia without mankind needing to thin them

let's sing a fooking song. let's FOOKING NOT!!! i hate singing in anime. it's goddamn awful

his cellphone battery should've died by now. and broadcasting these people's skills to the whole kingdom seems like a bad idea in regards to the kingdom's "security" interests

i had moderately high expectations for this episode with the new characters being introduced. episode 2 was bad. but the king making a call for those who could assist him was the only thing that interested me. except their introduction is womp womp boring af

EDIT: this wolf girl has me intrigued, solely because of this cliffhanger ear whisper thing. but her shyness is...annoying
HagePotPotatoSep 14, 2021 4:40 PM
Sep 29, 2021 3:19 AM

Apr 2009
Dark elf martial prowess huh, no wood elves with their archery skills?

I was joking about American Idol auditions, apparently we got an Idol on this side too!

Maybe they will look for tastier and cheaper but nutritionally better food or cooking techniques, etc using the glutton's knowledge?

So this dude is our tactician/strategist?

Actually..."I need to pee./I'm hungry." is what I expect she will say. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 28, 2021 7:49 PM

May 2019
mozgow said:
Isshin said:
Slayers Next opening was fire. Pity that they didn't cast Megumi Hayashibara as Doma but Reina did great job too.
I recognized it immediately and said out loud "No fu**ing way. Slayers?" xD
And yes, it was fire and she did great job.

Isshin said:
Hope that means we will get new Slayers anime :D
I would love to see that, but it seems unlikely, if not impossible, right now :/

Lol Give a Reason was one of my fav OP songs, out from nowhere!

This tribute of JC Staff to their old popular series was the greatest easter egg in this anime and i see the zoomers in the audience had no idea lol.
Nov 28, 2021 8:02 PM

May 2019
MugenNoShirayuki said:
gaulby said:

You do realize that the phrase doesn't encompass all problems right? The phrase is basically used to to point out the convenience of magic in solving most of the problems, if not all. And creating food based on magic is not entirely impossible, similar to sci-fi settings recreating food by recreating it's molecular structure. But doing that needs an advanced understanding of science. And the current is medieval, get the point? Magic is convenient, but it still needs a level of understanding to properly use it.

And when you use that as your excuse, it stops becoming an engaging storyline in my eyes. Every time there's an infrastructure issue, I'm going to ask "okay, they have magic Facetime, why is there no magic to resolve this?"

The show is basically saying:

"We use magic to solve all of these problems."

"Okay, well what about THESE problems?"

"We can't use magic to solve them."

"Why not?"

"Because we need something for our MC to do."

When you're presenting a series that is ostensibly about solving problems the way this series is, there needs to be very clear reasoning why magic is off the table. Explain to me why they can't use, say, plant magic to make crops grow? I'm assuming they have water magic, fire magic, wind magic, etc. So why is it that the magic that would solve THESE problems is conveniently not available? It's contrived writing and it shows how lazy the magic system in this series is. Which, for a series that's purporting to be about realistic solutions to problems, is a very glaring flaw.

Good post bringing what is weak about this show.

I started this out of curiousity to compare with the other "being realistic in a fantasy" similar show:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/14833/Maoyuu_Maou_Yuusha

(The story seems fascinating, but the rushed anime adaptation destroyed it)

But both are inferior to the pure gold series that one day will gain a proper animation: Release that Witch

One of the best novel i've seem. The best non-wuxia fantasy from chinese author.

Even the way RtW links the realist hero and a world with magic is brilliant (it is in the title btw)
Nov 28, 2021 11:05 PM

Jan 2008
mozgow said:
Isshin said:
Slayers Next opening was fire. Pity that they didn't cast Megumi Hayashibara as Doma but Reina did great job too.

I'm right there with you. As soon as the song began I was like, "No. NO!" and nearly jumped out of my seat. I was beyond happy.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Nov 29, 2021 2:10 AM
Aug 2018
kevin_video said:
mozgow said:

I'm right there with you. As soon as the song began I was like, "No. NO!" and nearly jumped out of my seat. I was beyond happy.
it is good anime indeed
Feb 10, 2022 6:05 PM

Jan 2019
Is no one going to mention that fact that the gran chaos empire only has a population of 4 million?
May 12, 2022 11:39 PM

Jun 2020
Liscia looks so fine wearing her sleeping clothes, So the interview begins this should be good

Oh Liscia don't worry Kazuya won't just go after boobs right surely that was cute though, Damn I thought Juna's VA was going to sing that was a missed opportunity she was good

So I see he's still sharp as ever and actually praised Poncho for starters I was doubting but as he mentioned he's like expertise in cuisine Kazuya has sharp eyes, So Kwonmin is like Kong Ming that just makes it more interesting.
Jun 2, 2022 1:03 AM

Jul 2015
As a meme connoisseur, would've been pretty rad if Souma let Juna sing 'Never gonna give you up' and rickroll the whole country but I guess Slayer Next opening is also good.

Jul 29, 2022 4:38 PM

Jan 2017
The full song Give a reason is on the 1st OST and I am now addicted to it.
Aug 7, 2022 5:39 PM

Mar 2014
So not only is his poltergeist cloning ability good for mass-handling paperwork, but he can connect remotely to them in real-time to look up information when he needs it, nice.

They made it sound like a lot of people signed up, but there was only 5 there lol. Gonna be a lot more for the next recruitment drive though after he accepted Poncho.

I like how nonchalant he is about talking about his homeworld and flashing his phone when he needs it. "Oh you don't know a happy song? Just listen to this one from my phone." A lot of other isekai treat it like being from another world is some huge secret.
Jan 9, 2023 5:18 AM

Aug 2018
Hm.. Interesting that older more higher trees can prevent younger trees from growing.. By preventing them getting proper light and stuff.. This makes sense..
It seems that all talents can be quite useful.. But also some persons raise questions about their potential loyalty..
Jan 24, 2023 12:22 PM

Sep 2012
Kanezushi said:
Oh Liscia don't worry Kazuya won't just go after boobs right surely that was cute though, Damn I thought Juna's VA was going to sing that was a missed opportunity she was good
its not about the boobs, her hole figure is a bomb 

she is literally troya Helena who no1 can resist   
Mar 25, 2023 4:43 AM

Oct 2021
Bro just pulled out a iphone 12 with airpods in a fantasy world.
Inside of me you’re still living
Each time I think of you pain, suffering, sorrow, despair
You’re just an emotional decay, the one who took my life away
May 5, 2023 7:50 AM

Nov 2022
That's what we need in a ruler. One who doesn't turn people away depending on their talent and puts it to use. He was smart to get rid of those old retainers as well.
Jun 22, 2023 5:04 PM
Dec 2022
King Souma finds 5 people of talent. Interesting to see how this turns out.
Jul 17, 2023 12:00 AM
Jul 2020
Great episode. Looks like we're starting to gather the gang now hm
Aug 6, 2023 4:37 AM
Apr 2014
stupidest and unfunniness piece of media that I saw in a long time
Aug 6, 2023 8:22 PM
Aug 2018
dr_prof_germann said:
stupidest and unfunniness piece of media that I saw in a long time
it is good anime, if u not like then ignore, u cannot force others to drop it or change their opinion
Dec 4, 2023 7:49 PM

Nov 2023
Damn, he's already feeling it as a king right there
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

90 by PLPanda »»
Apr 2, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

86 by SaulN9903 »»
Mar 3, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

173 by SaulN9903 »»
Mar 3, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

145 by Solyth »»
Jan 24, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

56 by SrCobayo »»
Jan 20, 6:02 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.