Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 17, 2021 8:14 PM

Jul 2019
Full on cliché cluster of an episode. It's tolerable I guess but damn it ain't anything special. I'll give a 5 for now since isn't anything cringe or spectacular.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 17, 2021 8:16 PM

Jan 2017
damn this Kazuya Got Talent audition is 🔥

If the reasoning behind Poncho's acceptance is to instill more morale in the Kingdom since good food is a sure-fire way to get the job done, huge props to Kazuya. Same thing can be said about the singer and oh god Tomoe is so cute
Jul 17, 2021 8:45 PM

Jan 2013
Another great episode! So we finally met our contestants or better saying the best at the best at something.
I am indeed very interested in the smart guy, and also to see how the mc will use Poncho's ability. And that ending, what a cliffhanger! I really thought that they would say what she's the best at...

Anyways, can't wait for the next episode! It seems that he will go to the dark wood.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 17, 2021 8:51 PM

Dec 2020
aisha: im not bowing to you, i only bow to my master
kazuya: trees
aisha: *bows*
fucking LOVED that

kazuya can still use his phone, this time its used to help the lorelei girl sing but can't it be done to do a lot more things? looking forward to that if so
Jul 17, 2021 9:33 PM
Nov 2018
this episode is not bad can still be enjoyed, liscia immediately likes souma it's better that the scene is delete
Jul 17, 2021 10:16 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Lol, slayers next op? this is sure unexpected.
Jul 17, 2021 10:16 PM
Feb 2021
Lots of stills. Some cringey moments where it seemed a 14 yr old has written the scene. Very stereotypical in the sense that fat man can eat, slim black haired tall man can think, dark elf can fight and loli can connect with nature.
Also there were typical "king's guards are snobs who draw their swords at most inoffensive things and the broad minded king restrains them" scenes.
The writer clearly wanted a medieval setting but did not want to give up convenient things like broadcasting. So he came up with these laughable hologram things.

There is too much narration.

There was a scene of a glowing glove reading a book while its contents are being narrated in souma's voice. Idk about others but I thought that this was self explanatory. So I was irritated when after that we have a scene where souma explains this ability. It was like ruining a joke by explaining it.
eliecherJul 18, 2021 2:16 AM
Jul 17, 2021 10:44 PM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
Good third episode with that harem vibe starting to form
Jul 17, 2021 10:54 PM

Oct 2016
Great episode! Souma having Elfrieden's got talent was pretty entertaining lmao. I like the new characters. I thought Poncho would be a chef or something, didn't expect him to literally just be good at eating. His knowledge of cuisine and delicacies around the world will definitely be useful to the kingdom though. Juna is very very hot, that song was nice. Souma even has his airpods with him lmao.

Living Poltergeist is truly a very handy power. Looking forward to the next episode, I wonder what little Tomoe said to Souma.

Honestly liked that weird rotating shot they were doing this episode lmao.
Jul 17, 2021 11:02 PM
Jul 2020
Larsgamingyt said:
On the site i use to watch this for some reason the last few uploaded anime, including the third episode of this anime, the sub doesn't work. It's just the japanese version without subtitles. I think wrong uploads. Aniway, does anione know a website where i can watch it for free, with sub?

There is a site called animixplay .to
Jul 17, 2021 11:05 PM

Mar 2019
bit of a cliffhanger . guess we'll have to wait a week

Jul 17, 2021 11:19 PM
Mar 2012
A colorful new cast added. Nice Slayers version.
Minase's Kuroha appearing in that morning scene.
Wolf can be useful caring for livestock, forestry or military recon.
Jul 18, 2021 12:46 AM
Oct 2018
eliecher said:
Lots of stills. Some cringey moments where it seemed a 14 yr old has written the scene. Very stereotypical in the sense that fat man can eat, slim black haired tall man can think, dark elf can fight and loli can connect with nature.
Also there were typical "king's guards are snobs who draw their swords at most inoffensive things and the broad minded king retains them" scenes.
The writer clearly wanted a medieval setting but did not want to give up convenient things like broadcasting. So he came up with these laughable hologram things.

There was a scene of a glowing glove reading a book while its contents are being narrated in souma's voice. Idk about others but I thought that this was self explanatory. So I was irritated when after that we have a scene where souma explains this ability. It was like ruining a joke by explaining it.

You do realize that magic exists in the setting, right? Broadcasting is never out of the picture in a medieval fantasy setting, so what part of it does not make sense to you? It's convenient, yes, but that's part of the setting and still make sense. This is literally much more believable than Steins;Gate microwave lol.
Jul 18, 2021 12:53 AM
Feb 2021
gaulby said:
eliecher said:
Also there were typical "king's guards are snobs who draw their swords at most inoffensive things and the broad minded king retains them" scenes.

You do realize that magic exists in the setting, right? Broadcasting is never out of the picture in a medieval fantasy setting, so what part of it does not make sense to you? It's convenient, yes, but that's part of the setting and still make sense. This is literally much more believable than Steins;Gate microwave lol.

It does not fit with the setting. It does not make sense to me that the isekai people are backwards or on par with the medieval people of the real world in all aspects but one (mass communication). The knowledge of agriculture, economics, forestry, military (though not so sure on that one) and diplomacy are medieval. That is why I pointed it out.
eliecherJul 18, 2021 1:01 AM
Jul 18, 2021 1:17 AM
Oct 2018
eliecher said:
gaulby said:

It does not fit with the setting. It does not make sense to me that the isekai people are backwards or on par with the medieval people of the real world in all aspects but one (mass communication). The knowledge of agriculture, economics, forestry, military (though not so sure on that one) and diplomacy are medieval. That is why I pointed it out.

Why doesn't it? It makes perfect sense. The existence of magic is so convenient that it will basically stunt most science related field. Have problems? Use magic. That kind of train of thought is not impossible for these kinds of setting.

Next is the existence of the broadcasting device. It is related to the existence of magic and is currently unexplained in the Anime. But there is a reason why the communication device is not being actively used as previously stated where it was only being used for new year greetings.

I'm sure it won't be explained in the anime since it's not really critical to the story, but if you want to know anyway, then check the spoiler.
Jul 18, 2021 1:28 AM
Feb 2021
gaulby said:
eliecher said:

Why doesn't it? It makes perfect sense. The existence of magic is so convenient that it will basically stunt most science related field. Have problems? Use magic. That kind of train of thought is not impossible for these kinds of setting.

Next is the existence of the broadcasting device. It is related to the existence of magic and is currently unexplained in the Anime. But there is a reason why the communication device is not being actively used as previously stated where it was only being used for new year greetings.

I'm sure it won't be explained in the anime since it's not really critical to the story, but if you want to know anyway, then check the spoiler.

"Have problems? Use magic" okay, so why doesn't that non-answer work for any of the OTHER issues brought up by the MC? Food shortage? Magic up some food. No money to pay to this other kingdom for their protection? Magic up some gold.
Jul 18, 2021 1:56 AM
Oct 2018
MugenNoShirayuki said:
gaulby said:

"Have problems? Use magic" okay, so why doesn't that non-answer work for any of the OTHER issues brought up by the MC? Food shortage? Magic up some food. No money to pay to this other kingdom for their protection? Magic up some gold.

You do realize that the phrase doesn't encompass all problems right? The phrase is basically used to to point out the convenience of magic in solving most of the problems, if not all. And creating food based on magic is not entirely impossible, similar to sci-fi settings recreating food by recreating it's molecular structure. But doing that needs an advanced understanding of science. And the current is medieval, get the point? Magic is convenient, but it still needs a level of understanding to properly use it.
Jul 18, 2021 2:03 AM
Feb 2021
gaulby said:
MugenNoShirayuki said:

You do realize that the phrase doesn't encompass all problems right? The phrase is basically used to to point out the convenience of magic in solving most of the problems, if not all. And creating food based on magic is not entirely impossible, similar to sci-fi settings recreating food by recreating it's molecular structure. But doing that needs an advanced understanding of science. And the current is medieval, get the point? Magic is convenient, but it still needs a level of understanding to properly use it.

And when you use that as your excuse, it stops becoming an engaging storyline in my eyes. Every time there's an infrastructure issue, I'm going to ask "okay, they have magic Facetime, why is there no magic to resolve this?"

The show is basically saying:

"We use magic to solve all of these problems."

"Okay, well what about THESE problems?"

"We can't use magic to solve them."

"Why not?"

"Because we need something for our MC to do."

When you're presenting a series that is ostensibly about solving problems the way this series is, there needs to be very clear reasoning why magic is off the table. Explain to me why they can't use, say, plant magic to make crops grow? I'm assuming they have water magic, fire magic, wind magic, etc. So why is it that the magic that would solve THESE problems is conveniently not available? It's contrived writing and it shows how lazy the magic system in this series is. Which, for a series that's purporting to be about realistic solutions to problems, is a very glaring flaw.
Jul 18, 2021 2:06 AM
Mar 2020
Hakuya sounds way cooler in the anime than my impression of him in the LN and Manga.
Jul 18, 2021 2:21 AM
Oct 2018
MugenNoShirayuki said:
gaulby said:

And when you use that as your excuse, it stops becoming an engaging storyline in my eyes. Every time there's an infrastructure issue, I'm going to ask "okay, they have magic Facetime, why is there no magic to resolve this?"

"Why not?"

When you're presenting a series that is ostensibly about solving problems the way this series is, there needs to be very clear reasoning why magic is off the table. Explain to me why they can't use, say, plant magic to make crops grow? I'm assuming they have water magic, fire magic, wind magic, etc. So why is it that the magic that would solve THESE problems is conveniently not available? It's contrived writing and it shows how lazy the magic system in this series is. Which, for a series that's purporting to be about realistic solutions to problems, is a very glaring flaw.

Then you're basically saying all books out there are bad because they have convenient plotlines. There are reasons as to why good stories doesn't really go into depth on why things are available or not, or why are they are conveniently available or not. Imagine reading a book about saving a princess but the author goes over detailing how they are making leather armor, then entire process, the involvement of magic, how it is supplied, and all other information. Sure it would bring in more life to world-building, but are they necessary to the plot at all?

There is a thing called suspension of disbelief and this practically applies to all fantasy.

In addition, it's not like magic is just "imagining" it. Sure, people can use earth, wind, and fire magic, but do they have a basic understanding of how the plants pollinate in the first place? Have they noted the temperatures that is best to grow a certain plant? Does the noble even care about developing magic like the scientists in our world is?

There are tons of reasons, why magic can solve things if given proper knowledge and time, but also tons of reasons why they can't. In addition, it's a medieval setting, and as mentioned in the plot, the country has very low literacy rate which boils down to unavailability of proper education. Can you imagine a farmer using 3 different elements without even a vague understanding of how to use it?

There's also the problem of allowing everyone just to use magic at their own. It's like giving everyone a gun which is a disaster in waiting.
Jul 18, 2021 2:45 AM
Apr 2021
why’d they leave on such a cliff hanger, have to wait a week for to hear what she said then again it’s prolly a troll but nice episode overall.
Jul 18, 2021 3:03 AM

Nov 2013
Everyone speaks the same language? Wow... how convenient... Now you know that the lore won't be a top priority. BIG BOOBS and harem - is what will matter, I suppose.
Jul 18, 2021 3:35 AM
Jun 2021
loving this show so far
Jul 18, 2021 4:21 AM

Mar 2014
I thought the talent was gonna be some competition or something but nope they just skipped to the introduction of each nominee and their skills, this show really is bullshit
RedChromeJul 18, 2021 4:30 AM
Jul 18, 2021 4:38 AM

Mar 2014
Incranium said:
Antanaru said:
Ugh, LN level of writing is showing. That kind of active way of maintaining a forest applies to artificial forests, not natural ones where old trees fall and make space for saplings waiting in the undergrowth. Putting that aside, I'm pretty damn sure elves living in a forest know more about it than a high schooler from country that has close to no natural woodlands anymore.

Another thing, shouldn't fat twat be recognized for being a gourmet, instead of a glutton? Being a hog doesn't mean someone if actually knowledgeable in regards to food anyway.

The whole selection was pretty dumb as well. Why would he learn about gathered talents only the moment he meets the people and need to decide where to appoint them? Shouldn't he first receive a report of all talents, decide which are useful and only then held an audience to appoint chosen ones?

I know isekai pretty much equals bad writing but country building series can't be as lazy as every other.

Oh ye, one more thing, if everyone lives in the same small kingdom and speaks the same language, why are names so absurdly different? Reason other than usual lack of creativity and coherence.

To answer your doubts in a few words, the LN was quite a bit more informative, although your point is valid as well. For the language and what Poncho will do.. you'll get your answer if you continue watching it.

As for why you think LNs have bad writings, well, many LN authors are almost starving writers, and focus on tropes that sell well unless they have a good backer. The main demographic is teens (ages 13-15 mostly) so it might not sit with you well.

The only reason manga are more mature is because they nowadays have companies willing to display adult manga, which doesn't happen for LNs often.

Hope that answers most of your doubts

Oh I guess that would explain why I hate this series. Thx
Jul 18, 2021 4:45 AM

Jan 2016
Holy shit that Slayer opening! What a throwback!

But this episode was the best of the 3 so far. It'll probably be a harem but I've never had a problem with them so that's none of my concerns. The cast introduced in this episode were all to my liking
His phone could realistically survive a week if he turned it off and used it minimally so I'll let that "plot hole" pass

So this is definitely not an anime for people looking for a masterpiece or anything amazing, but I figure that it will keep most people entertained enough even with flaws, which is fine because not every series has to be critically acclaimed. In the end, anime is a hobby and something a lot of us use to relax, and frankly these good to OK shows helps balance it out nicely because it'd be difficult to watch 10-20 quality series each week. It'll serve as a decent palet cleanser
FireFistYKJul 18, 2021 4:49 AM
Jul 18, 2021 5:26 AM

Jun 2016
i loved this show very much !!!
Jul 18, 2021 5:41 AM

Jun 2020
Juna is gorgeous!!!!! And Poncho Panacotta lmaooooo

Liscia’s expressions when Juna & Souma were interacting lmao. And I can’t wait to see the scenes between Hakuya & Souma ♡____♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 18, 2021 5:58 AM
May 2019
did my eyes deceive me or did i see italian writes in middle age style xD?
Jul 18, 2021 6:27 AM
Sep 2020
RedChrome said:
I thought the talent was gonna be some competition or something but nope they just skipped to the introduction of each nominee and their skills, this show really is bullshit

Souma actually mentions having a competition between talents that clash in his speech in episode two, however, the anime doesn't show it to save time for the episode.

Another reason why the LN doesn't translate well into the anime I guess.
Jul 18, 2021 6:35 AM
Sep 2020
FireFistYK said:
Holy shit that Slayer opening! What a throwback!

But this episode was the best of the 3 so far. It'll probably be a harem but I've never had a problem with them so that's none of my concerns. The cast introduced in this episode were all to my liking
His phone could realistically survive a week if he turned it off and used it minimally so I'll let that "plot hole" pass

So this is definitely not an anime for people looking for a masterpiece or anything amazing, but I figure that it will keep most people entertained enough even with flaws, which is fine because not every series has to be critically acclaimed. In the end, anime is a hobby and something a lot of us use to relax, and frankly these good to OK shows helps balance it out nicely because it'd be difficult to watch 10-20 quality series each week. It'll serve as a decent palet cleanser

You are actually wrong about it being just good, although that depends on taste.

Episodes 5/6 to 12 of the anime will be the tightest writing you will ever see for a LN that does not focus on action ( this has plenty of action, mind you). I would put this part of the anime, if executed well, on the level of Jojo fights if you count strategizing as a battle. Although, do tone down your expectations considering how you like other anime.
Jul 18, 2021 6:49 AM

Aug 2014
>Sing something that will cheer up the people

>Prooced to sing Give a Reason

Me: Is this some kind of 4th wall breaker?
Jul 18, 2021 7:29 AM

Jun 2020
Incranium said:
RedChrome said:

Souma actually mentions having a competition between talents that clash in his speech in episode two, however, the anime doesn't show it to save time for the episode.

Another reason why the LN doesn't translate well into the anime I guess.

Oh man this would have been great to watch, even if a little. It felt pretty abrupt.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 18, 2021 7:30 AM

Aug 2020
I actually like this anime where the MC use his knowledge instead of cheating, this is much more better than those anime where the MC that can use cheat magic right away and all girls stick to him just because he's too OP

Jul 18, 2021 7:59 AM
Mar 2021
Conceptualhero said:
Antanaru said:
Ugh, LN level of writing is showing. That kind of active way of maintaining a forest applies to artificial forests, not natural ones where old trees fall and make space for saplings waiting in the undergrowth. Putting that aside, I'm pretty damn sure elves living in a forest know more about it than a high schooler from country that has close to no natural woodlands anymore.

Another thing, shouldn't fat twat be recognized for being a gourmet, instead of a glutton? Being a hog doesn't mean someone if actually knowledgeable in regards to food anyway.

The whole selection was pretty dumb as well. Why would he learn about gathered talents only the moment he meets the people and need to decide where to appoint them? Shouldn't he first receive a report of all talents, decide which are useful and only then held an audience to appoint chosen ones?

I know isekai pretty much equals bad writing but country building series can't be as lazy as every other.

Oh ye, one more thing, if everyone lives in the same small kingdom and speaks the same language, why are names so absurdly different? Reason other than usual lack of creativity and coherence.

The anime cut off much detail from the light novel. In the light novel, Souma gave a much deeper explanation of the problem, and the anime skipped over specific details, like the lack of trading between the Dark Elves and outsiders, which heavily contribute to the food shortage and other problems within the forest.

The process of selecting the candidates were much more in-depth than what was described in the anime. They spent, if I recalled, three days vetting out many of the applicants. There were also judges appointed to gauge and assess the applicants to weed out unwanted ones. The five who appeared before Souma were the ones who managed to pass the screening process.

For the "small kingdom" nitpick, there are countries outside of Elfrieden that resembles China and Japan. The universal language trope is there so the series won't be unnecessarily complicated.

This is what happens when a studio tries to cramp multiple volumes within 12 episodes.

betaweeb said:
how does his phone still has a charged battery?

He could have turned it off. It is not like he would have much use of his phone in his new world.

Hello, I have the same question with this person and it seems you haven't answered it yet. I wonder why Souma just know in this episode what ability that they have? Isn't it should be in screening process by the judges because they select the applicant based on what Souma need. But in here, Souma wondering what he should use the beast girl's ability for. Is there explanation about this in LN?
Jul 18, 2021 8:40 AM

Jul 2017
Souma's gathering of the talents in the Kingdom of Elfrieden, and let it be counted of the many, cut into 5:
- Dark elf Aisha, who needs help in their "God-Protected" forest realted issues); -
- Lorelei beautiful songstress Juna Doma, and Souma just lashing out with the music in his smartphone with what looks like AirPods, and Liscia looking all that jealous with their interaction. That Slayers OP "Give a reason" variant of a version though, wow what a #throwback.
- Glutton Poncho "Ishizuka" Panacotta (with a really direct reference to the dessert name itself), and Souma really looks up to this fatso...? He's a food tasting guinea pig to save the nation with his all-knowing knowledge.
- Intelligence man Hakuya Kwonmin who wants to be Souma's strategist, albeit his hidden motives a litmus test well explored. These two are bound to have manu conflicts incoming.
- Last but not least, wolf Tomoe Inui whom can converse with beings, and her secret would be one that will change the course of Souma's journey as a king.

I agree that the anime sure cut out a lot of detail from the LN, but as far as the manga adaptation of the LN, it's missing some detail from that as well. Oh well, give some foreshadowing for best.
Jul 18, 2021 8:49 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I wonder when will someone also recognize my talent for eating hmm. Kiddings aside, I really like this isekai where he doesn't have any OP skills and just pure knowledge and wisdom.
Jul 18, 2021 9:23 AM
Feb 2021
misterreicchi said:
I wonder when will someone also recognize my talent for eating hmm. Kiddings aside, I really like this isekai where he doesn't have any OP skills and just pure knowledge and wisdom.

Considering he conveniently knows everything about all problems and exactly how to fix them, I consider that an OP skill in and of itself.
Jul 18, 2021 9:24 AM
Nov 2020
Kwonmin being Souma's right-hand ....it vaguely reminds me of Reinhard and Oberstein from LoGH. If it's a similar dynamic, I expect good things to come in this show...

Also, that blue-hair singer girl is really pretty, and that was cute when Liscia started getting jealous. The wolf girl putting the tail between her legs and acting like a shy/nervous imouto was very cuuuute as well!
Jul 18, 2021 10:08 AM
Dec 2018
MugenNoShirayuki said:
gaulby said:

"Why not?"

In our society, political leaders can influence powerful, rich people to help with things like infrastructure, green energy, etc., but they don't really commit to doing so. They contribute in small ways, but nothing life-changing.

Elfrieden and other societies would need to rely on not only an altruistic emperor, but also a bunch of equally altruistic dukes, mages, and other politically influential figures.

On the point of magic, the anime series has not shown any in-depth information in regards to its magical system. Typically, advanced magic takes years of study. The average peasant or farmer would probably not be able to use magic at all. At most, they could probably use simple healing or elemental magic.

In addition, magic is divided into multiple schools. It would take the collaboration between different schools of magic for crops and the likes because you would probably need mages who specialize in water magic and also mages who specialize in plant magic to come together and work out solutions.

High-level magic users are probably busy with their own trade or goals to care about what happens to the populace. Similar to how the rich doesn't seem to care about the poor in our society.
ConceptualheroJul 18, 2021 10:35 AM
I like dub more than sub because I am not a weeb.
Jul 18, 2021 10:13 AM

Mar 2015
kuwangpa said:
Kwonmin being Souma's right-hand ....it vaguely reminds me of Reinhard and Oberstein from LoGH. If it's a similar dynamic, I expect good things to come in this show...

That is precisely the pairing that came to mind for me, as well!

However, I'm still keeping my expectations in check. Reinhard had Yang Wenli countering him, and they each made the other shine with their respective genius and ingenuity. So far, this show doesn't have anything remotely like a Yang Wenli to showcase the protagonist (though the merchant girl from the other kingdom does give off a Phezzan vibe).
"I shall grieve, and I shall weep. But I shall never regret."
~ Rider, Fate/Zero ~
Jul 18, 2021 10:35 AM
Apr 2021
since this seems to borrow memes from other stories, I wouldn't be too surprised if they borrowed 'In another world with my smartphone', and got a phone with a perpetual battery.

Granted, the finalists may not stand out so much...I suspect we'll be shown their 'special strengths' later. I'm still wading through the manga--there's a lot there.

betaweeb said:
how does his phone still has a charged battery?

edit - due to further information and arguments given in this thread, please ignore the dismissive and disparaging tone of the message above.
Jul 18, 2021 10:54 AM
Dec 2018
Alice0006 said:
Conceptualhero said:

The anime cut off much detail from the light novel. In the light novel, Souma gave a much deeper explanation of the problem, and the anime skipped over specific details, like the lack of trading between the Dark Elves and outsiders, which heavily contribute to the food shortage and other problems within the forest.

The process of selecting the candidates were much more in-depth than what was described in the anime. They spent, if I recalled, three days vetting out many of the applicants. There were also judges appointed to gauge and assess the applicants to weed out unwanted ones. The five who appeared before Souma were the ones who managed to pass the screening process.

For the "small kingdom" nitpick, there are countries outside of Elfrieden that resembles China and Japan. The universal language trope is there so the series won't be unnecessarily complicated.

This is what happens when a studio tries to cramp multiple volumes within 12 episodes.

He could have turned it off. It is not like he would have much use of his phone in his new world.

Hello, I have the same question with this person and it seems you haven't answered it yet. I wonder why Souma just know in this episode what ability that they have? Isn't it should be in screening process by the judges because they select the applicant based on what Souma need. But in here, Souma wondering what he should use the beast girl's ability for. Is there explanation about this in LN?

In the light novel, Souma created multiple tournaments and the five individuals were the winners of each. There was a martial arts tournament and a beauty/talent contest held over the span of three days.
I like dub more than sub because I am not a weeb.
Jul 18, 2021 11:10 AM
Jun 2020
Love all the classical references so far from Machiavelli to Three Kingdoms, very excited it seems like a worthy successor to log horizon and the gate so far. The forest thinning thing really got me, I love how souma does not go on about oh science we need science but instead pushes for efficient management of available resources. As a strategy gamer this show is great to watch.
Jul 18, 2021 2:06 PM

Aug 2018
This episode went by so fast
6 OUT OF 10
Jul 18, 2021 3:36 PM

Nov 2011
Aisha...fucking babe 100% I love her and Liscia though so we good on that front.

But damn I am really enjoying this anime. It really requires you to look in and pay attention as to what is going on in the anime.

That ending though...I hate that shit lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 18, 2021 6:04 PM
Dec 2020
betaweeb said:
Albaab19 said:

He would've found some way to charge it

in what is basically a middle ages level society? come on bro i know this is a petty nitpick, but no matter how convenient magic is this is just ridiculous.

Well its gonna be a lot easier to charge electricity into a container with magic than reading a book via a floating glove tho.
Jul 18, 2021 8:55 PM

Mar 2019
sitting on a throne
bathed in intellectual plight
open to the past
Jul 18, 2021 9:20 PM
May 2011
They cut out so much fat from the Light Novel to fit the anime that the show is starting to become flavorless. I’ll stick with it since I’m so invested in the Light Novel but let’s be clear that they really watered the story down.
Jul 19, 2021 1:11 AM
Jan 2019
Meh, they wasted the opportunities offered by the talent show in favour of some haremy stuff.
I do like the novels, so i'll keep watching. But at this point i'm not sure what is even the point of making the anime. Well, i did learn about the novels through anime, so that's okay i guess?

antonn said:

Technically, they do get a really convenient way to harness electricity down the line. They do need something of an adapter in order not to fry the phone though. Given the source of the electricity, charging the phone would make for quite a nice side story scene, but i guess the author didn't think of it yet.

Craeston said:
But I feel dissatisfied because only 13 episodes. If the studio announce 24 episode, perhaps 4 volume with more deep meaning like LN version would be adaptation. But still, I'm looking forward about next episode.
I'd be perfectly okay if they ended the first season Souma sorting out the internal problems of the country, leaving the orange hair girl's story for second season. That would give them a nice amount of breathing room to properly establish the foundation for the series going forward.
Given how the orange hair girl keeps appearing in every episode, though, they are probably going to rush her part of the story :(. Is she like the most popular waifu or something?
malMaxiJul 19, 2021 1:16 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

90 by PLPanda »»
Apr 2, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

86 by SaulN9903 »»
Mar 3, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

173 by SaulN9903 »»
Mar 3, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

145 by Solyth »»
Jan 24, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

56 by SrCobayo »»
Jan 20, 6:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.