Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 17, 2021 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, it looks like not everyone can be as energetic and outgoing as Sarasa.

This episode took a more serious and dramatic tone compared to the first two episodes imo. It showed the vulnerable side of a character, in this case Ai. I think this episode goes to show how personalities can really make or break a character outside of the academy.

Quite a realistic episode if you ask me.
Stark700Jul 17, 2021 9:14 AM
Jul 17, 2021 9:52 AM

Oct 2015
That was dark.
Ai's dislike more like fear/trauma of men was explained and some of her past before that traumatic event .... Taichi thankfully visited her and helped her through but the trauma is still there.

Sarasa is so cheery and when Ai is scared to go home she offers to walk Ai home because Ai met her fan who has been showing in the other episodes. I don't know if he's a bad guy or is it just his appearance that makes him look like one.

Overall nice episode.^^
Jul 17, 2021 10:16 AM

Apr 2014
Never expected to be this dark and dramatic. With that trash Seiji and Ai's mother who doesn't actually care about her, no wonder why Ai is afraid of men.
It's time for Sarasa to protect Ai from that creepy stalker.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 17, 2021 10:18 AM

Feb 2019
Grooming, sexual assault, body shaming and eating disorders holy shit I was not expecting this series to get this real. Set us up with the cutesy stuff and then introduced some very real concepts, shojo again showing why it’s the peak of the medium.

I’ll never understand parents like Ai’s, tho. I can’t fathom how you could put a man over your own flesh and blood. Like your daughter is clearly afraid of your bf and you just write it off as her being a crybaby? Some mfs really don’t need kids, and it’s sad because although this is anime, there’s a lot of people who actually do this shit. It’s highly unlikely a kid is going to make up being molested, it may happen 1 in a million times, but no way would there not be some type of digging from any reasonable parent.

Idk who directed the Ai childhood flashback sequence, but the animation and choreography was absolutely amazing despite the horrible subject matter. Great episode, picked up the first manga volume from the store the other day, looking forward to reading it
Marinate1016Jul 17, 2021 10:25 AM
Jul 17, 2021 10:21 AM

Apr 2012
Marinate1016 said:
Grooming, sexual assault, body shaming and eating disorders holy shit I was not expecting this series to get this real

Its a shoujo about a predominantly female show business, it was hard to expect anything else. It's good that, due to its specificity and fan traditions, Takarazuka avoids rape and sexual abuse.
Jul 17, 2021 10:21 AM

Feb 2020
Wow, I feel so bad for Ai. Seems like that waste of space is still living there too, which makes it even worse. I hope she tells her mother the truth at some point, not that she didn't try though.

Damn I really wanted to smack that bitch who called the girl fat. If it's that big of a deal then she should have brought it up in private, and with more tact so that the poor thing wouldn't become anorexic. But I am glad that it's showing the dark side of the school too and not just presenting it as some utopian place where dreams come true or whatever.

Loved that scene where Ai mowed down all the men, lol. hope no one calls me out for saying that (or have those types of guys all dropped this by now?)
Jul 17, 2021 10:24 AM

Feb 2019
RobertBobert said:
Marinate1016 said:
Grooming, sexual assault, body shaming and eating disorders holy shit I was not expecting this series to get this real

Its a shoujo about a predominantly female show business, it was hard to expect anything else. It's good that, due to its specificity and fan traditions, Takarazuka avoids rape and sexual abuse.

Not really, I watch a ton of idol series and have never seen them touch on actual issues like this. If you have that’s cool for you but don’t speak for me.
Jul 17, 2021 10:26 AM

Apr 2012
ponpokorin said:
Loved that scene where Ai mowed down all the men, lol. hope no one calls me out for saying that (or have those types of guys all dropped this by now?)

Someone must? This is not a show about radical feminism and most of the guys who watch it are well aware of it. You are at war with windmills.

Marinate1016 said:
RobertBobert said:

Not really, I watch a ton of idol series and have never seen them touch on actual issues like this. If you have that’s cool for you but don’t speak for me.

Most idol shows target a male audience and mostly idealize it very much. For obvious reasons. Shows that bring this up mostly do it either out of a desire to have a good storyline, or to take that! as is the case with Zomblieland Saga and Wake up, Girls! This is the same story as the eternal conflict over idealizing the lives of gay men in BL.
RobertBobertJul 17, 2021 10:29 AM
Jul 17, 2021 10:42 AM

Jun 2019
Well that was darker than I was expecting this anime to go. It makes sense that Ai hates men given that she never had a father, her mother was neglectful, and the man she brought in to be a father was a child molester. I don’t think the fan is there for sinister reasons and having Ai hear him out might help her come out of her shell a little more.

This is honestly up there with the best debuts of the season so I hope more people start to watch it (although I doubt it).
Jul 17, 2021 10:49 AM

Jun 2019
ponpokorin said:

If you want to see a group of people killed because of their race, ethnicity, gender, sex, orientation, etc., I suggest that you go to therapy.
Jul 17, 2021 11:17 AM

Jul 2015
Well, now we know why Ai is terrified of guys and I completely understand it, fuck that was hard to watch.

Jul 17, 2021 11:38 AM

May 2021
Magnificient and spectacular display of how deep trauma through the lack of compromise can affect your way of viewing the world. The whole Ai's backstory is just a sample of what many people have to endure day by day, it is just so real and put in a real and moral light. Weebs be afraid of this level of wokeness and realness though

Jul 17, 2021 11:41 AM

Jun 2013
This episode got me fucking heated!!
Jul 17, 2021 11:41 AM

Apr 2012
Gween_Gween said:
Magnificient and spectacular display of how deep trauma through the lack of compromise can affect your way of viewing the world. The whole Ai's backstory is just a sample of what many people have to endure day by day, it is just so real and put in a real and moral light. Weebs be afraid of this level of wokeness and realness though

I can understand how you linked trauma-induced phobia of men to wokeness, but what does the weebs have to do with it?
Jul 17, 2021 11:43 AM

Feb 2020
Blue_Maroon said:
ponpokorin said:

If you want to see a group of people killed because of their race, ethnicity, gender, sex, orientation, etc., I suggest that you go to therapy.

well, if she was really on a man-killing rampage, or if she were an actual person killing actual men, then I would not find it funny. but since it is nothing more than a comedic visualization of her mental state, I do find it funny, especially since I can personally relate to her struggle. Is that so wrong?
Jul 17, 2021 11:45 AM

Apr 2012
ponpokorin said:
Blue_Maroon said:

well, if she was really on a man-killing rampage, or if she were an actual person killing actual men, then I would not find it funny. but since it is nothing more than a comedic visualization of her mental state, I do find it funny, especially since I can personally relate to her struggle. Is that so wrong?

Then why did you assume beforehand that male viewers would find it annoying? I bet that if the show had a male character with a tram-induced phobia of women, he would have received offensive labels even before the show featured a male counterpart to the scene.
Jul 17, 2021 11:47 AM

May 2021
RobertBobert said:
Gween_Gween said:

I can understand how you linked trauma-induced phobia of men to wokeness, but what does the weebs have to do with it?

Because weebs are extremely afraid of facing the reality that some women endure because they want to keep the privilege

Jul 17, 2021 11:50 AM

Apr 2012
Gween_Gween said:
RobertBobert said:

Because weebs are extremely afraid of facing the reality that some women endure because they want to keep the privilege

I doubt that even ultra-paranoid Incel Alt-Rights deny that women, in principle, can be the victim of male abuse. And how do you imagine the correction of this "privilege"? To enable women to harass and sexualize men? But they do it and society does not consider it to be particularly bad.
Jul 17, 2021 11:52 AM

Feb 2020
RobertBobert said:
ponpokorin said:

Then why did you assume beforehand that male viewers would find it annoying?

I didn't assume that all male viewers would find it annoying, but some men hate everything even slightly, or humorously, anti-men, and would not have been big fans of Ai's imaginary massacre. But those kinds of men have likely already dropped this, which is why I said that.
ponpokorinJul 17, 2021 11:55 AM
Jul 17, 2021 11:53 AM

Mar 2016
I knew where this episode was going, having watched a ton of soap operas when I was a kid and la rosa de guadalupe kinda got me prepared but still that was gross, her mother should be nominated to the "mother of the year" award. At least she can trust her uncle, and I hope she can open herself to Sarase.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 17, 2021 11:56 AM

May 2021
RobertBobert said:
Gween_Gween said:

I doubt that even ultra-paranoid Incel Alt-Rights deny that women, in principle, can be the victim of male abuse. And how do you imagine the correction of this "privilege"? To enable women to harass and sexualize men? But they do it and society does not consider it to be particularly bad.

Never said so, I meant that some people would rather not look at the issue

Jul 17, 2021 11:57 AM

Jun 2020
Taichi is so cute. Nojima Kenji’s voice makes me want to melt♡

Omg.....poor Ai.... :(

She was such a sweet child. She didn’t deserve that. Her mum was HORRIBLE for not listening to her. How could you do that to your own child. I wanted to vomit when she was walking home after trying to stay late at her friend’s place but still having to go home. She had no one to turn to. That whole time I was hoping that Seiji fucker wouldn’t actually lay his hands on her. That dread was so real......that was so disgusting. That was so sad when she felt dirty & tied her stomach tightly as she thought she would get pregnant. I’m so glad Taichi came to her rescue. He’s amazing!!!!!!

Indeed that was so hard to watch. I feel so bad for Ai.

Sarasa is really so kind. But damn, what the flying fuck does that stalker want. Ai was right, he is gross. Leave her alone already, who does he think he is?!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 17, 2021 11:59 AM

Apr 2012
ponpokorin said:
RobertBobert said:

Then why did you assume beforehand that male viewers would find it annoying?

I didn't assume that all male viewers would find it annoying, but some men hate everything even slightly, or humorously, anti-men, and would not have been big fans of Ai's imaginary massacre

I don't see this as a problem until her trauma is used to justify negative attitudes towards men. Not to mention, this is not a pseudo-feminist yuri, so I am more than confident that in the future her trauma will be healed like many characters with a similar backstory do. And I think that if some guy finds it objectively offensive, then he clearly ignored the context of the story.
Jul 17, 2021 12:04 PM

Apr 2012
Gween_Gween said:
RobertBobert said:

I just don't understand things when people take very easy-to-understand cases and say that their potential opponent with no options will deny the possibility of this. Of course, there are people who believe only in what they want to believe, but fortunately, such insane people are still a minority.
Jul 17, 2021 12:09 PM

May 2021
RobertBobert said:
Gween_Gween said:

I just don't understand things when people take very easy-to-understand cases and say that their potential opponent with no options will deny the possibility of this. Of course, there are people who believe only in what they want to believe, but fortunately, such insane people are still a minority.

They wont deny it, they will brush it aside as woke culture

Jul 17, 2021 12:12 PM

Apr 2012
Gween_Gween said:
RobertBobert said:

In my experience, they are more likely to accuse feminists of manipulating this to demonize men.
Jul 17, 2021 12:14 PM

May 2021
RobertBobert said:
Gween_Gween said:

In my experience, they are more likely to accuse feminists of manipulating this to demonize men.

Yes, but that is an equivalent in my eyes

Jul 17, 2021 12:15 PM

Jun 2019
ponpokorin said:
Blue_Maroon said:

I’m not sure that scene was supposed to be comedic. Sure, you an view it as comedic in dark comedy sort of way because of how absurd it is, but that was meant to show her actual feelings toward men in general. These feelings are not ones that are supposed to be applauded and this anime makes it very clear that this is a flaw of hers.

Again, if you can relate to her struggle in this way, I recommend (in the nicest way possible) that you seek some help in the form counciling or therapy. Having these feelings is extrmely unhealthy and is not a good way to go through life.
Jul 17, 2021 12:17 PM

May 2016

can we get more people like this to tell the fatasses here that?
Jul 17, 2021 12:19 PM

Sep 2019
Oh wow I did not expect this kind of backstory at all. That hurt. She had a horrible childhood and had to put up a barrier against all man except for one. I hope she can become good friends with Watanabe, I feel like she'll make her life a lot better.
Jul 17, 2021 12:53 PM

Nov 2012
I can't find English subs. What site has them?
Jul 17, 2021 1:17 PM

Apr 2012
Gween_Gween said:
RobertBobert said:

Yes, but that is an equivalent in my eyes

But why? You can hardly manipulate a non-existent experience.
Jul 17, 2021 1:22 PM
Apr 2019
liked this episode

though I wish it was a little more clever with revealing some descriptive details of a sensitive topic

oh btw I think the stalker only came to apologize, so Im expecting facing her stalker will be Ai's first step in overcoming her fear of men
NakolHiraJul 17, 2021 1:26 PM
Jul 17, 2021 1:32 PM

Nov 2012
It kind of sickening to think this could happen in real life. Some actor/actress passed the peak of their prime so they use their kids as a way to gain a resurgence in popularity or relevancy through predatory producers. Human decency would make you such things would never occur, but unfortunately human depravity is a bottomless pit.
Jul 17, 2021 1:34 PM

Jun 2021
Damn, did not expect that kind of a flashback.

They really could have spent the entire episode on the flashback. Might have been one of the scariest episodes in recent seasons. You knew something bad was going to happen and it did and it really gives you this unsettling feeling watching it. Also props to Hanamori for her acting too. Both the past and the present scenes were done perfectly.

Rest of the episode was good too. Definitely looking forward to next episode.

Jul 17, 2021 2:23 PM

Jul 2011
The trauma/hate of men I get it.
But the part of not be open to have friends puzzle me, of how she got to the conclusion. Was because the mother is dismissive, and she doesn't trust women too?

Unpopular opinion: But Ai need therapy to get, what Taichi did for her, that was, shoving himself in other people's business to help her protect herself from the predator future step-father or whatever the terrible mother calls that thing.

And Sarasa is just good. If the Taichi trust her, why not?

If the stalker was bad he would had sneaked behind her. Is what I think.
Jul 17, 2021 2:38 PM

Jan 2014
Ai's backstory means so much to me. I have never seen trauma so respectfully and carefully written in an anime before. I appreciate that her character isn't just scared of men for the sake of comedy like I see happen so often in anime, and it is instead taken seriously.
Jul 17, 2021 2:52 PM

Jan 2018
wow that was such a creepy episode and talking about creepy
What's with you account? you have zero episodes seen, Are you a creepy stalker?
suspense music intensifies!!!
Jul 17, 2021 3:33 PM

Dec 2016
An interesting twist of events in Ai's past. But I feel there's a massive plothole regarding this new guy in Ai's mom life. A woman like her could have pretty much any kind of guy, yet she got the obviously deranged guy. It's not like he's paying her luxurious livinghood, or he's providing her a line of work (wich is still a bit shady if an elementary school kid said he watched her boobs on TV, yet she's so famous among teachers in the academy). This guy is the exact definition of a mooch, so... what's the catch?
Jul 17, 2021 4:18 PM

Jan 2014
Now the weirdness of how the first episode came about makes more sense, and becomes way more less weird. As Joker once said. Only takes one bad day. In her case, it was a chain of many bad days, that just crushed most of her interest in any male at all. I really do feel bad for her.
Jul 17, 2021 4:29 PM

Jul 2016
Well shit. The heavy drama is here and right now, I can't express the hatred I'm feeling towards Ai's mother.

Truly disgusting but pretty good episode nonetheless. Ai's dislike (now we know it's actually a trauma) towards men was explained in quite the visceral way to leave no room for doubts and man, it was so hard to watch. I mean, the whole sequence with Ai's thoughts and monologues before and after the incident was perfectly directed but I was seriously not expecting such dark turn of events.

On the other hand, the scene with Yamada being humiliated because of her weight in front of the whole class, by a teacher no less, was really sad to see. Especially since I heard the atmosphere in Takarazuka academies tends to be quite toxic. This said, let's hope the girl doesn't start developing eating disorders after this event.
Jul 17, 2021 4:42 PM

Jun 2020
Not a big fan of this episode. Trauma is always difficult to handle in media, so I usually prefer subtlety. This take was a bit too jarring and idk see how it's fully tied to the present story yet. I hope they don't use Ai's trauma as a plot device just to give her a reason for going to that school.

ponpokorin said:
Loved that scene where Ai mowed down all the men, lol.

SAME what a mood. someone needs to make that scene a gif so I can use as a meme
Jul 17, 2021 4:43 PM
Jul 2018
the situation of narata harassment I was very surprised that it was the first time that a show like this conveyed something so realistic and she didn't get over that tragic by taking it to her current age. what an amazing episode.
Jul 17, 2021 5:17 PM

Sep 2020
The final shot with Sarasa and Ai's fan holding the bag just standing there...awkward.
The next episode has an auspicious title so finger crossed for Sarasa saving the day.
Jul 17, 2021 5:29 PM
Jul 2018
WOW. They adapted Ai's past fucking incredibly. It even felt more uncomfortable in some part compared to the manga, so kudos to the studio for that!
Jul 17, 2021 5:57 PM

Dec 2014
Damn, that was heavy and incredibly hard to watch. I struggled to watch it with a straight face, I felt so bad for her. It's crazy that her Mom would treat it lightly when her voice was breaking so bad and she was complaining about a very real issue.

It's totally understandable why she is androphobic after having gone through such traumatic events when she was just a little kid. :(

This got so real, so fast.
Jul 17, 2021 6:12 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
This was absurdly hard to watch, i was expecting some dark things but not this.
Jul 17, 2021 6:32 PM

Jan 2020
I was not expecting this series to go in this direction at all... I assumed there was a reason why she hated men but wow.. this was dark.

I'm a little disappointed that the disgusting creep is still alive but I guess that fact does put a little more weight to the whole situation. But wow.. I'm speechless

I thought this was gonna be a happy series but it seems like I was proven wrong. On a positive note, I'm glad sarasa is still as happy as ever and it does make for a super interesting contrast with this darker episode

Jul 17, 2021 6:37 PM
May 2017
Blue_Maroon said:
ponpokorin said:

I’m not sure that scene was supposed to be comedic. Sure, you an view it as comedic in dark comedy sort of way because of how absurd it is, but that was meant to show her actual feelings toward men in general. These feelings are not ones that are supposed to be applauded and this anime makes it very clear that this is a flaw of hers.

Again, if you can relate to her struggle in this way, I recommend (in the nicest way possible) that you seek some help in the form counciling or therapy. Having these feelings is extrmely unhealthy and is not a good way to go through life.

As someone who has gone to therapy, they will actually not discourage you from doing what Ai is doing aka killing people in your mind that have hurt you. It's actually a very normal thing to do for these types of things. I'm dead serious. It's okay to be angry, it's fine to be hurt and take that out on the guilty parties in your mind. Of course, staying in this stage 24/7 is not great, but it's also a part of the healing process to express this anger she's feeling in her mind.
Jul 17, 2021 6:44 PM

Mar 2020
Damn that was a dark fucking episode with Ai's backstory.
It's crazy how real this show got with the lives of idols, Oshi no Ko also tackles similar problems with stalkers and stuff but this one was just hard to sit through. Fucking hell.
Great episode though, this series keeps getting better each episode.

Kimurah said:
An interesting twist of events in Ai's past. But I feel there's a massive plothole regarding this new guy in Ai's mom life. A woman like her could have pretty much any kind of guy, yet she got the obviously deranged guy. It's not like he's paying her luxurious livinghood, or he's providing her a line of work (wich is still a bit shady if an elementary school kid said he watched her boobs on TV, yet she's so famous among teachers in the academy). This guy is the exact definition of a mooch, so... what's the catch?
My guess would be he's just some fan that her mom has as a "pretend boyfriend" or something.
Her mom is superficial as fuck so it's not surprising that she got a fake dad/husband to keep paparazzi away from her business life or something.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

43 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 11, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

112 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 10, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2021

90 by Shaka-bun »»
Feb 10, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

102 by mintmin »»
Jan 15, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

59 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 22, 2023 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.