Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 17, 2021 10:45 AM
Feb 2021
momentie said:
mikaela_lgk said:
Do you believe it deserves more. I know it has a lot of fillers,but that’s not a reason to rank it so low, also bleach’s fillers are fine
Dennisss said:
I think that soul society is something between 8&9 but considering all those filler arcs and nonsense episodes after that i gave it an 7.
I love the start and the first 100 episodes, but its obviously has it flaws

This guy gets it, the fist arc is just peak shoen, the way the ligthning and music are used to make the hollows genuinely seem otherworldly. The figths are fun and dynamic, the characters are endearing and for the time fairly progressive (Chad and Ichigo are an almost unique shoen best friend duo and that's amazing).

Skip foward 200 EPs and the show just devolves. The canon arcs are draged out, the figths lose much of their tension, story beats are repeated at nuasium less effectively each time. Just the entirety of the 40 friggin episode 'bount'/vampire thingy arc and the even the once amazing direction starting to lose its luster.

To be honest I'm really surprised it's rated above a 7.5, guess the power of nostalgia and hype is strong lol.
I understand that the bount arc wasn't that good at all and bleach does have the issue with being over 1/3 filler, but saying that you're surprised that it's over 7.5 is a stretch, I gave it an 9 mostly because it was the third anime I watched but I'd give it a 8.5 if I could, also you saying that you're surprised it even has a 7.5 when you gave school days a 10/10 is kind of like putting a hat on a hat
Jul 17, 2021 10:54 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
PureAsGoldCR7 said:
momentie said:

This guy gets it, the fist arc is just peak shoen, the way the ligthning and music are used to make the hollows genuinely seem otherworldly. The figths are fun and dynamic, the characters are endearing and for the time fairly progressive (Chad and Ichigo are an almost unique shoen best friend duo and that's amazing).

Skip foward 200 EPs and the show just devolves. The canon arcs are draged out, the figths lose much of their tension, story beats are repeated at nuasium less effectively each time. Just the entirety of the 40 friggin episode 'bount'/vampire thingy arc and the even the once amazing direction starting to lose its luster.

To be honest I'm really surprised it's rated above a 7.5, guess the power of nostalgia and hype is strong lol.
I understand that the bount arc wasn't that good at all and bleach does have the issue with being over 1/3 filler, but saying that you're surprised that it's over 7.5 is a stretch, I gave it an 9 mostly because it was the third anime I watched but I'd give it a 8.5 if I could, also you saying that you're surprised it even has a 7.5 when you gave school days a 10/10 is kind of like putting a hat on a hat

I gave quite a few more reasons then just the bout arc and I could give quite a few more😅, if your gonna complain please read the message properly.

I've got no probably with people liking something and as I clearly said in my message I can totally understand why people do like it, no issues there, I personally love the early 100 eps, however I score based on being as unbias as I can be, that goes for school days to.

Each show I take for how well it achieves what it sets out to achieve and the production quality, story and by proxy filler is just one aspect. It could be 70% filler but if the production held up and it was used effectively then I'd give it a higher score.

Feel free to actually read my school days review rather then just going along with the usual anime bandwagon. Again your perfectly free to enjoy anime however you see best but I too am free to judge things as a metric, rather then on my initial knee jerk feelings or based on popular opinion. If your biggest defence of a show is 'well you like school days' then the conversation has already lost track 😅.

Hope that helps👍
Jul 17, 2021 10:59 AM
Apr 2021
MartinSlater said:
soul society goated but other arcs are slow paced
did you not watch the fake karakura town arc?
Jul 17, 2021 11:07 AM
Feb 2021
momentie said:
PureAsGoldCR7 said:

I gave quite a few more reasons then just the bout arc and I could give quite a few more😅, if your gonna complain please read the message properly.

I've got no probably with people liking something and as I clearly said in my message I can totally understand why people do like it, no issues there, I personally love the early 100 eps, however I score based on being as unbias as I can be, that goes for school days to.

Each show I take for how well it achieves what it sets out to achieve and the production quality, story and by proxy filler is just one aspect. It could be 70% filler but if the production held up and it was used effectively then I'd give it a higher score.

Feel free to actually read my school days review rather then just going along with the usual anime bandwagon. Again your perfectly free to enjoy anime however you see best but I too am free to judge things as a metric, rather then on my initial knee jerk feelings or based on popular opinion. If your biggest defence of a show is 'well you like school days' then the conversation has already lost track 😅.

Hope that helps👍
I checked out your school days review and sry I'm not reading that, you basically wrote an essay lmao, also about your other reasons I didn't mention them because I disagree with your opinion on them, also I didn't really mean to phrase my sentence that makes it so I'm talking bad on school days but school days does have a lot of flaws, if it ended on episode 6 I'd give it a 10, but all the stuff Makoto did and how Sekai was treated later on is why I think anyone giving it a 10 is strange but each to their own
Jul 17, 2021 11:16 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
PureAsGoldCR7 said:
momentie said:

Hope that helps👍
I checked out your school days review and sry I'm not reading that, you basically wrote an essay lmao, also about your other reasons I didn't mention them because I disagree with your opinion on them, also I didn't really mean to phrase my sentence that makes it so I'm talking bad on school days but school days does have a lot of flaws, if it ended on episode 6 I'd give it a 10, but all the stuff Makoto did and how Sekai was treated later on is why I think anyone giving it a 10 is strange but each to their own

Lol it's long because it's a review not the usual 10 line plot summaries Mal users love so much. If you have time to downplay a show on a Mal form but not to read a review and actually attempt to understand a show better from another person perspective then you need to spend your time better or not speak with such confidence😅.

What part of my initial statement do you disagree with? The arcs are dragged out, there's an absurd amount of mostly poorly used filler and the direction gets less inspired. Those are objectives not opinions, with respect you didn't mention them as according to your own message, you haven't watched the show in a while so you've forgotten the finer details. Which is completely fine but don't try to act otherwise please.

I'm afraid it's not so much a case of each to their own but rather that you didn't want to like school days😅. Like most people you heard its reputation, let positive reinforcement take hold and now even the idea of reading a comprehensive review is to much effort. And that's fine, your free to enjoy anime however is best for you👍, it's just sad you'd let your personal experience, colour the way you talk to someone who did make the effort to actually understand the show.

I doubth will get much further with this and there's little reason for me to type walls of text if your to busy to read em (which is perfectly understandable). Have a nice day👍
Jul 17, 2021 11:26 AM
Feb 2021
momentie said:
PureAsGoldCR7 said:

Lol it's long because it's a review not the usual 10 line plot summaries Mal users love so much. If you have time to downplay a show on a Mal form but not to read a review and actually attempt to understand a show better from another person perspective then you need to spend your time better or not speak with such confidence😅.

What part of my initial statement do you disagree with? The arcs are dragged out, there's an absurd amount of mostly poorly used filler and the direction gets less inspired. Those are objectives not opinions, with respect you didn't mention them as according to your own message, you haven't watched the show in a while so you've forgotten the finer details. Which is completely fine but don't try to act otherwise please.

I'm afraid it's not so much a case of each to their own but rather that you didn't want to like school days😅. Like most people you heard its reputation, let positive reinforcement take hold and now even the idea of reading a comprehensive review is to much effort. And that's fine, your free to enjoy anime however is best for you👍, it's just sad you'd let your personal experience, colour the way you talk to someone who did make the effort to actually understand the show.

I doubth will get much further with this and there's little reason for me to type walls of text if your to busy to read em (which is perfectly understandable). Have a nice day👍
well if you're typing an essay most people won't want to read that because of how long it takes, you should understand that atleast since it seems you're very stubborn lmao

Also the arcs aren't too dragged out imo, the filler arcs were poor but they're filler and not the main story so can't really judge on filler, and the direction doesn't really get less inspired imo but then again people have different opinions

It's not that I didn't want to like school days, I watched it because an anime YouTuber said it was underrated, which it is in some ways but the negatives out way the positives in the later episodes, I still don't know what people's opinions are on school days but I know that a 5 or 6 is a fair score
Jul 17, 2021 11:34 AM

Feb 2020
probably bleach season 2 may be rated higher if nothing goes wrong (aka year gap bias or bad animation). og naruto and og dragon ball is also rated in 7, so its not out of ordinary. (btw its not fair to compare it with one piece which is too long and not ended yet)

plus bleach had more evident plotholes anyways (daddy Isshin plot hole)

also like to add I am big fan of The Lost Substitute Shinigami arc (probably the most hated canon arc, another reason why its low) even though I felt characters behaved out of place, it definitely was something something unique and mystery appeal which was first time for bleach
AdampkJul 17, 2021 11:58 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jul 17, 2021 11:38 AM
Jan 2015
Most people will agree soul society is probably around a 9. Well paced as far as I know, the art is probably the best (realistic/beautiful) of the three during that time. Opens up the world and has good fights. And cat girl <3
Jul 17, 2021 11:51 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
PureAsGoldCR7 said:
momentie said:

well if you're typing an essay most people won't want to read that because of how long it takes, you should understand that atleast since it seems you're very stubborn lmao

Also the arcs aren't too dragged out imo, the filler arcs were poor but they're filler and not the main story so can't really judge on filler, and the direction doesn't really get less inspired imo but then again people have different opinions

It's not that I didn't want to like school days, I watched it because an anime YouTuber said it was underrated, which it is in some ways but the negatives out way the positives in the later episodes, I still don't know what people's opinions are on school days but I know that a 5 or 6 is a fair score

Look it's fine were arguing personal preference here which is pointless.

Your free to your opinions and I'm free to measure a show from a more metric lens. Also when a 1/3 of your show is filler that of course that matters, the question wasn't 'does 2/3rd of bleach deserve a higher score' and as I mentioned earlier if it was well made filler then the 'filler' tag wouldn't even mater.

The review is long because its a proper analysis. I amment stubborn, I always remain open minded, I don't expect many to read my reviews, there there for people who want to better understand what I believe are the Pros and cons of a show. If your not willing to put that time in, that's fine, it just means it isn't for you 😎👍.

I love having my mind changed (I've an eassy on that too but I doubth you have the time😅😅), if you can offer proper reasons for why bleach should score above a 7, I'd love to hear em but if all your gonna say is your base level opinions 'I like how the grass is green', you'll never change anyone's mind, which is fine just don't be surprized😅😅.
Jul 17, 2021 11:52 AM

Jan 2021
( in my opinion) I think 7.81 fits.
Jul 17, 2021 1:32 PM
Jun 2021
It is a fair score, even though people who have rated it low did that for some stupid reasons. Anyway as I said it is a fair Score which will go up for sure when the Bleach Final Ark gets animated. Expected score over 8.
Jul 17, 2021 1:41 PM

Jul 2020
deg said:
7.81 is low score to you? err its Ranked #821 in its mean score out of like 20,000 anime in the database of MAL

Considering that Bleach is one of the big 3 it is quite low.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jul 17, 2021 2:22 PM

Jan 2009
Scordolo said:
deg said:
7.81 is low score to you? err its Ranked #821 in its mean score out of like 20,000 anime in the database of MAL

Considering that Bleach is one of the big 3 it is quite low.

and Naruto is not that far off 7.94 https://myanimelist.net/anime/20/Naruto
Jul 17, 2021 4:00 PM

Aug 2019

FMmatron said:
ScreamInAnguish said:
bro biased much? I'm in love with one piece, but how can you not admit this. I can't name alot either, like another said, who remember a slow episode, plus they play out in a way that's so seamless you forget it was a three episode conversation that took place in one room.

Yeah, how one is trying to deny that is beyond me(like just look at the episodes I mentioned or Udon episodes like 944) But the attitude and the first quote with which he came into this thread tells a lot.

"Greatest story ever told."

For a series primarily aimed that teenagers, that one did make me chuckle. Not going to lie.
Jul 17, 2021 4:12 PM

Nov 2016
xenosys said:

FMmatron said:

Yeah, how one is trying to deny that is beyond me(like just look at the episodes I mentioned or Udon episodes like 944) But the attitude and the first quote with which he came into this thread tells a lot.

For a series primarily aimed that teenagers, that one did make me chuckle. Not going to lie.

You know what's even funnier funny?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 17, 2021 4:18 PM

Aug 2019
FMmatron said:
xenosys said:

No, I just found that quote by Davidsmethod1 to be quite amusing given that was his first post on the thread. I responded to you because you mentioned it.
Jul 17, 2021 4:22 PM

Nov 2016
xenosys said:
FMmatron said:

No, I just found that quote by Davidsmethod1 to be quite amusing given that was his first post on the thread.

But why did you quote me?? I don't get it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 17, 2021 4:25 PM

Aug 2019
FMmatron said:
xenosys said:

No, I just found that quote by Davidsmethod1 to be quite amusing given that was his first post on the thread.

... because I was scrolling through the thread, read your latest post, went back to read his first post and laughed, so thought I would include your latest post in my reply as you referenced it.

Aaaaaanyway ...
Jul 17, 2021 4:51 PM

Nov 2016
xenosys said:
FMmatron said:

... because I was scrolling through the thread, read your latest post, went back to read his first post and laughed, so thought I would include your latest post in my reply as you referenced it.

Aaaaaanyway ...

Ah, ok. Nevermind then.

Btw, One Piece is definitely the greatest story ever told in this medium.

Jul 17, 2021 5:06 PM
May 2021
It deserves more, it's a classic, all I got to do it say bankai and it's ironic as rasengan. Every long anime has fillers, but the fight scene and the story line will keep your attention
Jul 17, 2021 5:25 PM
May 2019
Eh, a 7.81 isn't really all that bad. All things considered, even though I love Bleach I won't lie and say it doesnt have flaws. It's a good, but flawed Anime and Manga. The filler and Slow pacing of the Hueco Mundo arc and the bungled ending because of Kubo's failing health contribute to that score.

If I can get on my soapbox for a minute, I'm actually kinda surprised it's not lower considering a certain highly watched video on Youtube that just dumped on Bleach and spread a persons opinion as fact all throughout the online community.
Jul 20, 2021 10:40 AM
May 2021
PureAsGoldCR7 said:
Bleach to this day still has the best power system in any anime and ofc the soul society and hueco mundo arc are top top tier, 9 out of 10 is what bleach deserves, if not for all those filler arcs and ehh ending for the anime atleast I'd say 10
No, bleach power system is broken after soul society arc ......bleach power system is not even close to HxH .....But i still like bleach
Jul 20, 2021 10:45 AM
Feb 2021
EL-PSY_C0NGR00 said:
PureAsGoldCR7 said:
Bleach to this day still has the best power system in any anime and ofc the soul society and hueco mundo arc are top top tier, 9 out of 10 is what bleach deserves, if not for all those filler arcs and ehh ending for the anime atleast I'd say 10
No, bleach power system is broken after soul society arc ......bleach power system is not even close to HxH .....But i still like bleach
I mean with it's attacks basically I'm comparing nen to kido
Jul 20, 2021 10:48 AM

Mar 2020
The fillers are very bad, after a while I started skipping them all. It was pretty nice without them, but I still can't ignore their existence.
Plus I hated the fullbringer (that was the name right?) arc.
And it's also unfinished (though I disliked the manga's last arc anyway).
I gave it 7/10, probably still undeserved but it had nice moments, it was mostly fun to watch and it's nostalgic to me.
So I think 7.81 is a pretty good score.
Xerx62Jul 20, 2021 10:52 AM
"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think.
Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it."

- Lacie Baskerville, Pandora Hearts
Jul 20, 2021 10:53 AM
May 2021
PureAsGoldCR7 said:
EL-PSY_C0NGR00 said:
I mean with it's kido
best power system doesn't mean the strongest power system .....HxH power is the best because it is the most balanced power system ......And if you have watched many battle shounen than u will know that why people call HxH power system best ......And you are comparing kido and Nen that's ridiculous.
Jul 20, 2021 10:58 AM
Feb 2021
EL-PSY_C0NGR00 said:
PureAsGoldCR7 said:
I mean with it's kido
best power system doesn't mean the strongest power system .....HxH power is the best because it is the most balanced power system ......And if you have watched many battle shounen than u will know that why people call HxH power system best ......And you are comparing kido and Nen that's ridiculous.
I'm just saying which ones attacks I prefer in general, I like nen but I prefer kido, it has more to it, even tho nen is more versatile which does make it better over all
Jul 21, 2021 9:22 AM
Mar 2021
It deserves more , the only prob is the fillers , other than that it was tooooooo good , everyone simp for aizen sama , and dangai ichigo was rockin , and the only thing was the end it was too fast becaause of kishimoto's health same happened for the manga too , I think he gets well and give us bleaah blood war arc anime , soo hyped .!!!!!!!!
Jul 21, 2021 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
It was one of the first animes I ever watched and I really loved it. The fillers aren't great but it definitely does not deserve all the hate
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 40 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

35 by AdytuYT »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Bleach Episode 177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

24 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 23, 5:20 PM

» Bleach: Project Hogyoku (2024) - redefinition of the original anime

dzudoKing - Feb 1

15 by 18927 »»
Apr 23, 2:37 PM

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

208 by Ridzaxster »»
Apr 21, 3:18 AM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

49 by Dabitsu »»
Apr 20, 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.