Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 14, 2021 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tomoe's bubbly personality makes her quite amusing to watch but sometimes, it's hard to take her seriously. It seems the episode made the attempt to flesh out as much as personality out of her as possible.

And about time Mio made her appearance. With the way this episode was executed including all the dialogues and humor, it was kinda hard to take this episode seriously. That's one big ass spider they encountered though.
Jul 14, 2021 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
Hah the dragon Shin converted into Tomoe: a samurai waifu of a beauty, and Makoto is just getting started on his Isekai journey...and Emma sure got shocked easily. It's all good between Shin and the orcs for a dragon that can split herself into child and adult fragment forms.

Shin inviting the orcs to the demiplane "special place" to live a better life...and getting hung up on historical dramas through Makoto's memories, so much that she wants a TV for playback media. At least Makoto has a goal to find his parents in the same world as the fantasy one, and being OP for a reason that Tsukuyomi had given him his magic powers for survival.

Makoto's blood attracting the presence of a large Black Spider of Disaster through portal shattering...and chasing this one is out of the question. Now's a good time for Makoto to test the limits of his powers, except that the spider's hunger for power only makes it more powerful and hilarious, and he truly goes all-out when being threatened to the core with a display of valour and power.

Still though, what a weirdo of a spider, and another human-demon contract...for another beauty of a waifu...Mio's here to show her style!

This is only Episode 2, but this to me solidifies as the best non-sequel Isekai indefinitely. Having a lot of fun with this show.
KANLen09Jul 14, 2021 9:59 AM
Jul 14, 2021 8:16 AM

Apr 2018
A samurai waifu, Tomoe.. her personality is pretty fun. Can't take her seriously xD
Shin's powers ''Kai'' are really overpowered, he doesn't even have to use mana to heal somebody..
And the second girl arrived, the spider, yet another beautiful waifu.

I'm really liking the OST, sounds amazing.

SideCharacterKalJul 14, 2021 8:29 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 14, 2021 8:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
After Tomoe it's Mio's turn, the fight against Makoto was great and we saw her human form at the end.
Lol, funny foreshadowing when Mio said that she would be the first xD
Jul 14, 2021 8:23 AM

Jul 2020
So the dragon chick is basically darkness? Lol.

Ngl I'm quite enjoying this, the fight animations are wacky yet good and the comedy is actually funny - I know right? Shen seems jokes, now a new monster servant has been added with mio and she seems to be the pervert one of the group. Interesting statement with who will be the first lol
LeviathanHWDJul 14, 2021 8:37 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jul 14, 2021 8:26 AM

Jun 2019
Shen's human form is beautiful. I like her. She's a funny dragon to be with. They also transported everyone from the Orc's previous place to her own Demiplane. And we also saw a small version of Shen. She's obsessed with Makoto's memories. LOL. Everything that his brain has to offer is a great thing for her to enjoy in the meantime. LOL

Once again, Makoto showing his MC skills and being overpowered as hell against that Spider of Destruction. That fight was really good, especially that OST just as expected from the legend, Yasuharu Takanashi. In the end, all that spider was interested in was Makoto himself. LMAO. And, she's beautiful.
Jul 14, 2021 8:36 AM

Jan 2021
Hmmm, so Mikoto is the dominant one? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
For a moment there I thought they had a crazy night hahah, MiniShen is so cute

The problem is I don't know if I like the MC being so overpowered, if they handle it right, it won't be a problem...

Nice, another one, I agree with Makoto, I have a very bad feeling about her, who knows what crazy things she can do 😂
Jul 14, 2021 8:44 AM

Jun 2021
It's a shame that a show with an A tier VA lineup and made by an animation studio that I like has a such boring story.

Obviously the VAs all sound great and I like the animation style as well, but the plot so far has been pretty generic.

Hopefully the addition of another girl will make the story a little more interesting
Jul 14, 2021 8:51 AM
Feb 2009
two waifus by the end of 2nd ep let's go!!!
Jul 14, 2021 9:04 AM

Nov 2016
The waifus are definitely what's carrying this so far, they're pretty fun. Shen is reminding me a bit of Darkness at times because she's also tough and silly.

I wonder if we're gonna see Emma in a human form at some point too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 14, 2021 9:26 AM
Jan 2021
First a dragon waifu, and now a spider one? whats next an ant waifu (not that i am complaining).
Jul 14, 2021 9:33 AM

May 2018
lmao I want a spider that loves me like that as well :3
Jul 14, 2021 9:34 AM

Feb 2014
Loli Shen is as adorable as her adult form is sexy, hoping we see more of her in that form.
Jul 14, 2021 9:41 AM
Feb 2018
the guy really is bless with suck and Shen is OP a pocket plain that the entire orc village can live comfortable in awesome even if he not the goddess's hero he and Shen are improving the world.

also love the design of this new weapon a glass or transparent metal bladed D-guard bowie
Jul 14, 2021 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
I love how tomoe is watching those period dramas...
and damn Mio's voice actress is the same as Nezuko and Tsukasa

so Tanjiro's, Nezuko's, and Shinobu's voice actors have reunited here again.

the animation quality is also good, good job from C2C studio who created WorldEnd and Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina

removed-userJul 14, 2021 9:54 AM
Jul 14, 2021 9:46 AM
Nov 2019
Another awesome episode
I really enjoyed the fight animation. Sasuga "Majo no Tabi Tabi" studio.
Jul 14, 2021 9:56 AM

Feb 2019
The comedy in this series is pretty well executed lol. Shen reminds me a lot of Darkness.

First a dragon waifu and now a spider one, things are going to get pretty interesting.
Jul 14, 2021 10:38 AM

Apr 2010
It's nice that they're not rushing the adaptation, so far.
Jul 14, 2021 10:41 AM

Aug 2018
this episode was great and my boy Makoto got a dragon waifu in the first episode and now he's got a spider waifu as well. How lucky can this guy be 8 out of 10 I can't wait for the next episode
Jul 14, 2021 10:56 AM

Mar 2010
Very nice to see the other member join their crew. Spider was horrifying but she turned in to a hot chick in the end. I wonder if the Dwarf will also join their town.
Jul 14, 2021 11:33 AM
Jun 2021
i like this anime so much and it's just the second episode im really looking forward to the next ones is it going to be kinda serious like tensura or just pure comedy,,, but personally id like it to be kinda serious and like he'll be a legend in this world being overpowered, he deserves it
Jul 14, 2021 11:37 AM

Oct 2017
Shen's a great waifu and she was amusing in this episode. The battle with the spider was pretty cool. Also good to have the spider lady onboard but lol she's a pervert for sure.
Jul 14, 2021 11:40 AM

Oct 2020
ngl it has a lot of similarities to slime isekai. this is surprisingly good.

Jul 14, 2021 12:04 PM

Sep 2019
Ayaneru's catgirl act got me, it was so fucking cute
Jul 14, 2021 12:34 PM
Jul 2021
The storyline itself bought me
It’s not just your regular OPed MC but a rejected and ugly MC😂😂😂 this show is damnnn good
Isekai * Comedy * harem * drama * slice of life

What could possibly be better
I have high hopes for this series
Jul 14, 2021 2:01 PM

Nov 2011
When Shen pulled out the dating scene Memory and started acting like a dating sim I was CRYING!!! Holy lord this anime is gold!

Loving it so much and Shen just makes it way better.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 14, 2021 2:13 PM

Jul 2014
Last week I said I was hoping to see more of Hasegawa but then I noticed that she appears in the OP changing into a redhead? And this week she also appears in the ED so yay!

What a great job of Shen making spider girl jealous to form a contract with Makoto haha.

So we have a weeb dragon waifu and a masochistic spider waifu, awesome.

It's hilarious that Tanjiro voices the MC and Nezuko voices the masochistic spider....

Mini Shen is adorable <3.

Another week, another fun episode. Pleasantly surprised with this show.
Jul 14, 2021 2:22 PM

May 2018
The european medieval romance fair maiden type, the samurai type, the Yamato Nadeshiko type...what's next?
Jul 14, 2021 2:55 PM

Dec 2013
It is a shame this will be only 12 episodes, I'm enjoying it as much as konosuba, tensura, bookworm, etc.
Jul 14, 2021 5:05 PM

Oct 2019
"But what about his consent?"
"We can get it later".

ROTFL!! Imagine a man who is unconscious and is being dragged to get married. The only sane person of the group asks "But what about his consent?" and everyone else replied : "Don't worry about that, we can get it later" lol :D :p

That scene was way too funny; it stood out from a very funny episode overall. I loved its action scenes as well. Tomoe's personality is all over the place, and Mio is quite the pervert (a masochist apparently). Pervert or not she is pretty hot though. I think they will both fit well with Makoto!
Jul 14, 2021 5:47 PM
Nov 2019
i'm liking this glad we can atleast have some decent anime this season..cuz bro there are always more garbage ones than good ones
Jul 14, 2021 5:59 PM
Jul 2018
mio really and very strong in its form I found interesting the events around the protagonist in which his father really was something in this world.
Jul 14, 2021 6:17 PM

Jun 2019
Another solid episode.

This is what I wished Combatants Will Be Dispatched was. It has the “worst girls” aspect that is reminiscent of Konosuba, but it doesn’t feel like a straight-up copy like it did in Combatants.

The animation isn’t anything special but it gets the job done. I assume the trio will get more challenges later on, however, they already seem extremely OP and we are only 2 episodes deep. Hopefully that isn’t a long term issue.
Jul 14, 2021 7:58 PM

Jan 2013
Is this the spinoff of Kumo desu ka? ahaha Anyways great episode and that whole "world" seems so broken.
I do assume that someone from his world should join him in the future.

Can't wait for the next episode.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 14, 2021 8:46 PM

Jan 2020
Tomoe is a lot cuter than I expected her to be and I love that. I think I prefer this one over it's starting episode just because of her

Jul 15, 2021 2:01 AM
Apr 2018
Until now, the story hasn't been cut intentionally
Jul 15, 2021 2:07 AM
Apr 2020
Isn't the pacing too fast? Or is it the fast actions and music which makes it feel so?
Jul 15, 2021 3:12 AM

Apr 2015
Shen throwing around modern age words is quite funny in it's own way. Even speaking about making a TV so she can watch Makoto's memories from it.

Makoto is quite OP, but that spider knew how to take a beating... and even enjoy it. The action was great and I am really digging the soundtrack used in the battle. Especially the one when Makoto got serious really striked.

So the spider also gets a human form and now they are with 3 already. Pacing still feels really quick, unless that's actually the nature of the show.
Jul 15, 2021 3:48 AM

Dec 2017
I havent seen anyone note it but episode 2, at least the early part felt like a slugfest with barely anything done for a solid half an episode+, I love this series but this was painful
A Wise Man Once Said: #(%!*@)+$&
Jul 15, 2021 5:05 AM

Oct 2016
Shen really pulling a Veldora except she got into historical dramas instead of manga lmao. Really good episode, really enjoying this a lot, easily the best new isekai this season. The characters are great as well so far, Shen is awesome and now we get a spider lady. First Kumoko now her, what is the anime industry trying to turn me into.

I really like Makoto's abilities, honestly reminds me of Shinsu in Tower of God especially that water bow, that looked cool. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 15, 2021 5:35 AM
Nov 2015
Technically MiO win the fight with her immortality lol.

Mio is best waifu.
Jul 15, 2021 5:39 AM

Aug 2020
Damn, who would think that he's only a level one sorcerer. Pretty decent and good animation for this episode.

Jul 15, 2021 6:49 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow the dragon lady could create a demiplane, special space controlled by her mist. That's surely an awesome ability and be a good place to be happily ever after. Ofc Makoto thought about creating a good town inside of it. But, never expect the first people that get an honor were the highland orcs, Emma and the others become the first resident. Congratulations!

Still, Makoto still wanna do some more journey to following up the path of his parents before. Well, that must be a hard choice. So, obviously he needed one more subordinate to be on his side. That's the cute, but mostly weird-habit black spider arrived and ready at your service, Makoto. Not to mention how the dragon could create a loli clone out of herself and a little information over Makoto's strange op power.

That's being said, as an introduction parter this is very nice than i thought before. Lets see Makoto's first encounter with human at those world ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 15, 2021 7:57 AM

Mar 2014
Ah the spider join the group/harem, second waifu get

But even though the battle was cool, I find the whole thing kinda cliche
Jul 15, 2021 8:24 AM

Jul 2014
Ayaneru is.. everywhere now.. I love the timeline Im in.
Going crazy for Ayaneru nyan nyan aside, C2C is doing an amazing job with this adaptation, been reading the manga since ch1 so Im glad to finally be able to see them being animated so well like this, the seiyuus are doing a great job as well! we got Tanjiro, Nezuko with Yotsuba.
Mio gonna blow yall minds! she's a very fun character! honestly the main trio are very quirky characters!
Also the OP song is addicting, best OP song this season thus far. Best ED goes to Tanmoshi.
Jul 17, 2021 3:31 AM

Jan 2011
I might end up liking this even more than Konosuba. I like the spider girl, she reminds me of Nora from Noragami.
Jul 17, 2021 4:13 AM

Jun 2010
The real Spider girl Isekai this year! :D

Jul 17, 2021 5:40 PM

Jul 2016
Byniavo said:
lmao I want a spider that loves me like that as well :3

She is going to be one messed up spider lady I reckon.
Jul 18, 2021 6:38 AM
Aug 2013
This this going to be a one new 'wife' every episode kind of anime or will it have an actual story?
Jul 18, 2021 12:32 PM
Aug 2018
Mythicism said:
This this going to be a one new 'wife' every episode kind of anime or will it have an actual story?
no actually, after this it will be the plot and there will be a new companion but that is later on and sooo much later on
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Makoto a measured MC with maniacal tendencies. Seems contradictory no?

LordKirkis - Feb 7, 2023

18 by Kher_8 »»
Apr 8, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2021

138 by YuuHead »»
Feb 23, 1:53 PM

» Why does the mc not use his name?

Otakodo_kumo - Feb 18

8 by DarkXion »»
Feb 19, 10:09 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2021

70 by Raitron_Oblivion »»
Feb 5, 12:03 PM

» Makoto (mc) is really not that ugly

2132 - Jul 16, 2021

16 by Sashalvy »»
Jan 24, 6:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.