Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Poll: Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore Episode 2 Discussion

Jul 15, 7:09 AM

Ah Annabelle. So cute.

Jul 15, 8:36 AM

Avvenirista said:
Opticflash said:
What a cute show for children.

Children don't watch TV anime at 10 PM.

What are you on about? That's the perfect time for children to relax and enjoy an episode of anime before going to bed after all the cram schools, doing all the homework. eating dinner, etc.

Jul 15, 11:08 AM
I decided to peek into the manga to see what these two episodes looked like there. At a glance the anime seems much less serious, violent and lewd among many other changes. It's almost a whole different thing.
I don't mind, I kinda like how cute and wholesome this is.

Jul 15, 11:30 AM

Opticflash said:
Avvenirista said:

Children don't watch TV anime at 10 PM.

What are you on about? That's the perfect time for children to relax and enjoy an episode of anime before going to bed after all the cram schools, doing all the homework. eating dinner, etc.

You're describing teenagers, not children.

Jul 15, 7:21 PM
KANLen09 said:
Well...this show wasted no time at smearing its original source material's pacing, or the manga adaptation of the LN for that matter.

Noela will always be a favourite to the kids for her scrubby wolf tail, and Mina will be because she's a good assistant at everything else.

Reiji's potion-making has spread like wildfire on the Kalta land, even the Red Cat Brigade mercenary of guard captain Annabelle and her subordinates Doz and Moz wants in on the apothecary's stuff since it's so good. A detergent "medicine" solution even for that is as simple has putting the case closed and resolved on that. So now what, Reiji's referred to as a medicine god lols.

It's back to Zeral and Feris on borrowing some of their fields to plant herbs, and help solve their plow of land with animal repellent to keep animals away from their crop. The Utsubo flower still works on monsters and beasts like Noela, now in a capsule for easy spraying as medicine.

Another case of the Red Cat Brigade mercenary on thieves lurking around the town, and that's the reason why there's more purchase of potions to treat the innocent. So for that, the solution is to mix hot capsaicin peppers and liquor to make a medicine that burns the eyes, and it's an effort to use these vials to keep these thieves away easily.

Oh welp, a demon king incoming?

As someone that hasn't read the source material I like it as a slice of life fun chill anime. But I get why people that are fans of the original source would not like this but I am enjoying it for what it is and if this gets people to read the source isn't that a win??

Jul 15, 7:49 PM

Kinda stronkz dish washing advertisezing episode might you see in another world.

Jul 16, 5:10 AM
They've tried their best in making this anime boring asf

Jul 16, 10:14 AM

I've never wanted to lynch a person so bad in my life, if I could find the people that ruined a good manga I would buy up all the rope in Japan.

Jul 16, 11:30 AM

Fox girl is the only reason im watching this..Anyone like me??

Jul 17, 5:51 AM
The anime has the potential to be a wholesome SOL anime. But, unfortunately, the storytelling with its art style doesn't fit my taste at all.

Jul 17, 7:26 PM

I preferred this episode to the first one (which I didn't dislike in and of itself; this one just had a more relaxing and smoother flow to me and the humor a little more well-integrated and less forced).

But one thing I don't understand is what the obsession and fascination is with isekai as a storytelling convention. Why can't the pharmacist in this case just be a native denizen of any fictional kingdom or realm which isn't on Earth and make it a regular high fantasy? Or do they believe they require that hook of relatability for the audience by having a classical isekai protagonist? I just don't see what the whole isekai theme really contributes to this when it just feels like a little trapping or afterthought shoehorned in.

Jul 17, 7:28 PM
So in which part of the Atelier series timeline does this anime fit? XD

Jul 18, 3:09 PM
WatchTillTandava said:
But one thing I don't understand is what the obsession and fascination is with isekai as a storytelling convention.

It reminds me of how some Western movies that are mostly G-rated deliberately contain a few swearwords to bump the rating to the more prestigious PG.
Likewise adding isekai elements to fantasy with a fish-out-of-water character lets you advertise it as isekai series. And you have a better shot at finding an audience if you use appealing popular labels.
I bet there are many stories that were superficially repainted as rom-com or harem just to make them more marketable. Once the viewers are hooked, they might enjoy those on their own merit.

Jul 19, 5:17 PM
really enjoyed watching these 2 episodes so far
a light hearted anime with a good amount of cuteness level yeah it's a nice change of pace from what i was watching recently .

Yesterday, 8:03 AM

Praise to the Medicine God! Praise brother Reiji! Those potions really flying off the shelves if even the demon king has acquired them, which means Reiji should consider expanding his business
Konnichiwa fellow weebs
Noot Noot, mah brothas
R̶̰̃e̸̢͋ḷ̵̂ë̸̲́a̷̖͗s̶̙̀e̵̹̋ ̴̠̒m̷̨͘e̴͓͠ ̸̠̅f̶̢̾r̶̠͊o̴͔͑ṃ̷͝ ̸̖̆ṁ̶ͅẙ̸̯ ̷̭̇m̸̛̝ȍ̸͔r̵̖̎t̵͈̄a̶̛͎l̸͖͠ ̴͔̿p̸̨̈́a̸̖͊ì̴͈n̴̡̑

Pages (2) « 1 [2]