Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 14, 2021 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cute episode but not very impressed by the storytelling style or quality. It's just hard to get invested into what the show is trying to do right now imo.

On the other hand, at least we did get Annabelle and Mina making some appearances. Noera's friendly personality makes her easy to get along with just about anyone. Reiji puts his knowlege to use that in fantasy world that seems to be quite useful again. I guess this show loves to use montage music.
Jul 14, 2021 6:28 AM

Jul 2017
Well...this show wasted no time at smearing its original source material's pacing, or the manga adaptation of the LN for that matter.

Noela will always be a favourite to the kids for her scrubby wolf tail, and Mina will be because she's a good assistant at everything else.

Reiji's potion-making has spread like wildfire on the Kalta land, even the Red Cat Brigade mercenary of guard captain Annabelle and her subordinates Doz and Moz wants in on the apothecary's stuff since it's so good. A detergent "medicine" solution even for that is as simple has putting the case closed and resolved on that. So now what, Reiji's referred to as a medicine god lols.

It's back to Zeral and Feris on borrowing some of their fields to plant herbs, and help solve their plow of land with animal repellent to keep animals away from their crop. The Utsubo flower still works on monsters and beasts like Noela, now in a capsule for easy spraying as medicine.

Another case of the Red Cat Brigade mercenary on thieves lurking around the town, and that's the reason why there's more purchase of potions to treat the innocent. So for that, the solution is to mix hot capsaicin peppers and liquor to make a medicine that burns the eyes, and it's an effort to use these vials to keep these thieves away easily.

Oh welp, a demon king incoming?
KANLen09Jul 14, 2021 8:51 AM
Jul 14, 2021 7:03 AM

Apr 2016
I think someone already mentioned it last week, but the art is very simple yet very nice, it reminds me Tsurezure Children (may even be the same guy who did it, dont know).

The show is pretty average isekai make no mistake, its one of those shows you watch but never really give it a high rating. Nonetheless i can see myself watching it every week. I like the peace.
Jul 14, 2021 7:13 AM

Apr 2018
It seems like the art improved a bit from the first episode, a pretty wholesome episode..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 14, 2021 7:23 AM

Feb 2020
It was a little better than the first episode.

SerafosAug 22, 2021 8:36 AM
Jul 14, 2021 7:24 AM

Jun 2019
Gotta say Reiji's medicines are really popular among people. SO much that they're literally obsessed with them. Noela is really cute as usual. Reiji's dishwashing soap stuff and that beast repellent were really effective as expected from him. Annabelle seems like a nice person and her two subordinates are funny dudes.

Once again, the medicine-making process with the song involved in it was funny. Everyone got their eyes teary with that potion. LOL
Jul 14, 2021 7:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah Annabelle the potion lover appearance, I was looking forward to seeing her.
Lmao the maou sama at the end, of course there is always one in these isekai, no matter if it's slice of life or not
Jul 14, 2021 7:33 AM

Jun 2021
2 episodes in and I'm already more hooked on this show then Anabel is on Reiji's potion

Noela's voice and expression are so cute throughout the episode and the new characters introduced are funny and allows the show to get laughs from different angles, which kept me entertained through the entire episode. Even the stupid medicine making dance scene is starting to get laughs from me now.

If you are looking for substance, this is not a show for you. But a moe pig like myself will likely enjoy this show until the end. With more different characters incoming, I'm excited for this show.
Jul 14, 2021 7:34 AM

Jan 2021
Things happen, kids learn what they want, it reminds me of Doraemon, what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine too 😂

Pretty entertaining episode, I've read that they've skipped the beginning of how the three of them got to the shop, I hope to see it someday 0.0
Jul 14, 2021 7:34 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
This anime is so wholesome & peaceful. I love it so much! It felt like the entire episode flew by in just 5 minutes.

Annabelle doesn't like being honest but his 2 subordinates support her with all their heart. They always called Reiji as the medicine god. xD

There's a maou-sama coming on the next episode, and an ojou-sama too, huh?
Jul 14, 2021 7:47 AM

May 2021
I liked this episode more than the last. Quite relaxing and funny to watch also. Interested in reading this sometime also.
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 14, 2021 7:53 AM
Jul 2018
Yet another relaxing episode. Art is simple but it's fine. I can't get enough of Noela's cuteness and "woof".
Jul 14, 2021 8:01 AM
Jun 2020
This anime is really wholesome and can be shown to kids who are developing their interests in life.

I'm a pharmacist by profession and this anime promotes how awesome our job is even in anicent or modern times nowadays.
Jul 14, 2021 8:01 AM
Jun 2020
Another episode that ended too quickly. Nothing better to spend time than anime you don't see time go by.
Jul 14, 2021 8:06 AM
Dec 2020
KANLen09 said:
Well...this show wasted no time at smearing its original source material's pacing, or the manga adaptation of the LN for that matter.

Reiji's potion-making has spread like wildfire on the land, even guard captains like Annabelle wants it fully alongside some of her lackey servants. A detergent solution even for that is as simple has putting the case closed and resolved on that.

Another case on thieves lurking around the town, and that's the reason why there's more purchase of potions. So for that, the potion solution is to mix hot peppers and liquor to make a capsaicin solution that burns the eyes, and it's just an effort to use these vials to keep these thieves away.

It's back to Zeral and Feris on helping to solve their plow of land with animal "pesticide" to keep animals away from their crop, and that Utsubo fower still works on demi-humans like Noela, now in a capsule for easy spraying.

Oh welp, a demon lord incoming?
How bad is the pacing compared to the LN or Manga?
Being human is making mistakes.
Jul 14, 2021 9:05 AM

May 2018
Anabelle is good waifu but the demon lord girl is top tier waifu
Jul 14, 2021 9:12 AM

Jan 2013
So far, manga is much better.
Jul 14, 2021 9:30 AM

Feb 2019
I’ve never been more entertained watching a dish detergent advert in my life.

Captain is adorable.
Jul 14, 2021 9:33 AM

Nov 2016
Was a dull episode compared to the first one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 14, 2021 9:49 AM
Feb 2018
two things first the Annabelle sounds like she addicted to the energy drink potion and second Reiji make me think of Kaoru from I shall survive using potions she made monster repellent potions, hair color changing potion and the like while Reiji make deodorant and pepper ball grenades
Jul 14, 2021 10:18 AM
Oct 2020
I’m kinda torn honestly. I genuinely love the LN and manga (so far) and was really excited to see the show get an adaptation, if for no other reason then the creators genuine excitement and happiness. That said, they essentially skipped a majority of the first volume of the manga (and a chunk of the LN) and the pacing feels rushed, like they expect the only people watching already knew the source material, therefore screw setup or exposition or development. Still, it’s bright, colorful and relaxing and unless it royally screws the pooch, I’m gonna stick with it.
Jul 14, 2021 10:20 AM
Feb 2021
Director/animator is trying too hard to make noera look cute. The fact is she is already the embodiment of moe. The extra effort that has been put is simply unappealing. What I am saying is whatever noera would have done w/o UwU face would also have been cute and so there was no need for it.
Jul 14, 2021 12:13 PM
Apr 2021
Damn noela is super cute 😍 now I really wanna get isekaid and have cute girl like noela
Jul 14, 2021 1:17 PM

Nov 2018
Was reading the LN alongside, and chapter 10 contained blatantly homophobic messaging, so I dropped it. Episode 2 is where that would have been, and skimming through the episode it looks like the anime creators wisely skipped over that chapter; good job anime crew! The anime still has to be a drop for me, because it's tainted by my distaste for the LN, but I'm glad that anime-onlies won't have to see that. It's too bad really, this was a cute anime.
Jul 14, 2021 1:46 PM

Apr 2016
miniika said:
Was reading the LN alongside, and chapter 10 contained blatantly homophobic messaging, so I dropped it. Episode 2 is where that would have been, and skimming through the episode it looks like the anime creators wisely skipped over that chapter; good job anime crew! The anime still has to be a drop for me, because it's tainted by my distaste for the LN, but I'm glad that anime-onlies won't have to see that. It's too bad really, this was a cute anime.

Please share this utterly horrendous moment with us. We dying to find out about those atrocities you describe.
Jul 14, 2021 3:04 PM

Nov 2018
Swagernator said:

Please share this utterly horrendous moment with us. We dying to find out about those atrocities you describe.

Go play in traffic, you worthless bigot. Maybe you'll find truck-kun.
Jul 14, 2021 4:35 PM

Sep 2020
Zeral's girlfriend is a regular? I hope she relapses in a yandere state in future episodes.
Jul 14, 2021 5:54 PM
Jul 2018
this show is really fun for a good comedy i found the events interesting and it turned into something nice like the intro which was good.
Jul 14, 2021 6:47 PM

Feb 2009
All I know is that it had more moments of Noella, and any time she's on screen makes my brain happy.
Jul 14, 2021 7:45 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It’s a shame to hear they’re rushing the pacing compared to the manga and LN, but honestly it hasn’t hurt it for me, this was still a fun episode like the last one. I like the Red Cat Brigade, I love a group of goofballs with a somewhat serious side to them, and Annabelle is cute lol. I’m really liking how the answers to the problems in this show is to create a new drug/potion/chemical, that’s a pretty unique aspect. Noela is cute af as always, every time she says “woof” I die of cuteness a little on the inside. Looking forward to the next one!
Jul 14, 2021 8:45 PM

Jan 2020
Annabelle is cute. She definitely made this episode a lot better and I'm hoping she appears lots in the future

Jul 14, 2021 8:59 PM

Aug 2018
What a cute show for children.
Jul 14, 2021 9:15 PM

Apr 2020
Reiji, the god of medicines! It's fun seeing Reiji getting worshipped by the Red Cat Brigades as the medicine god. I don't know if Reiji's medicine are still considered as "medicines" now, the addictive drive it gives sounds like a drug.

The pacing in this episode was rather odd, situations concluded faster than expected. It's sad that they seems to have ignored the entire reincarnation part even in Episode 2.
Jul 14, 2021 10:14 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, right, a tsundere mercenary captain girl addicted to Reiji's drug. Thats good. More girl welcomed to the mc gang. God medicine, eh? Thats two really know how to make some joke. Detergent fuwa-fuwa liquid, and then beast repellent stinky-spray, and the last one he made the bandit repellent pepper-spray liquor. Obviously its applied in a very well done way. Good job with the slow life you present to me. He even made their own herbs plantation, thanks to the previous son duke offer, which is a nice progression over their 'slow' lifes. Noel as cute as ever. But Mina always get such a little attention. Hopefully the next ojou-sama customer will bring more chill up the table, and those bratty demon lord shall give a good challenge to Reiji. Lets see....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 14, 2021 10:36 PM

Jul 2014
This episode was a bit better.

I don't know if being addicted to potions is a good thing xD. Also, he's going to call everything he "creates" medicine? lol

With that end card it looks like they nerfed Annabelle in the anime.
Jul 14, 2021 11:29 PM
Jan 2021
miniika said:

Just read chapter 10 because of your comment, and as a gay person I can tell you you're an absolute wuss.
Jul 15, 2021 12:59 AM

Mar 2019
This anime is funny and refreshing

Jul 15, 2021 2:15 AM

Sep 2020
Opticflash said:

Children don't watch TV anime at 10 PM.
Jul 15, 2021 3:08 AM

Oct 2016
Enjoyed this episode more than the first one. Really liked Annabelle so I hope we get to see more of her. I wouldn't mind if they do that medicine making montage every episode lmao, it's cute.
Jul 15, 2021 7:09 AM

Apr 2011
Ah Annabelle. So cute.
Jul 15, 2021 8:36 AM

Aug 2018
Avvenirista said:
Opticflash said:

What are you on about? That's the perfect time for children to relax and enjoy an episode of anime before going to bed after all the cram schools, doing all the homework. eating dinner, etc.
Jul 15, 2021 11:08 AM
Jul 2021
I decided to peek into the manga to see what these two episodes looked like there. At a glance the anime seems much less serious, violent and lewd among many other changes. It's almost a whole different thing.
I don't mind, I kinda like how cute and wholesome this is.
Jul 15, 2021 11:30 AM

Sep 2020
Opticflash said:
Avvenirista said:

What are you on about? That's the perfect time for children to relax and enjoy an episode of anime before going to bed after all the cram schools, doing all the homework. eating dinner, etc.

You're describing teenagers, not children.
Jul 15, 2021 7:21 PM
Sep 2020
KANLen09 said:

Noela will always be a favourite to the kids for her scrubby wolf tail, and Mina will be because she's a good assistant at everything else.

Reiji's potion-making has spread like wildfire on the Kalta land, even the Red Cat Brigade mercenary of guard captain Annabelle and her subordinates Doz and Moz wants in on the apothecary's stuff since it's so good. A detergent "medicine" solution even for that is as simple has putting the case closed and resolved on that. So now what, Reiji's referred to as a medicine god lols.

It's back to Zeral and Feris on borrowing some of their fields to plant herbs, and help solve their plow of land with animal repellent to keep animals away from their crop. The Utsubo flower still works on monsters and beasts like Noela, now in a capsule for easy spraying as medicine.

Another case of the Red Cat Brigade mercenary on thieves lurking around the town, and that's the reason why there's more purchase of potions to treat the innocent. So for that, the solution is to mix hot capsaicin peppers and liquor to make a medicine that burns the eyes, and it's an effort to use these vials to keep these thieves away easily.

Oh welp, a demon king incoming?

As someone that hasn't read the source material I like it as a slice of life fun chill anime. But I get why people that are fans of the original source would not like this but I am enjoying it for what it is and if this gets people to read the source isn't that a win??
Jul 15, 2021 7:49 PM

Aug 2020
Kinda stronkz dish washing advertisezing episode might you see in another world.

Jul 16, 2021 5:10 AM
Jul 2018
They've tried their best in making this anime boring asf
Jul 16, 2021 10:14 AM

Oct 2013
I've never wanted to lynch a person so bad in my life, if I could find the people that ruined a good manga I would buy up all the rope in Japan.
Jul 16, 2021 11:30 AM

Feb 2021
Fox girl is the only reason im watching this..Anyone like me??

Jul 17, 2021 5:51 AM
Jun 2021
The anime has the potential to be a wholesome SOL anime. But, unfortunately, the storytelling with its art style doesn't fit my taste at all.
Jul 17, 2021 7:26 PM

Jun 2019
I preferred this episode to the first one (which I didn't dislike in and of itself; this one just had a more relaxing and smoother flow to me and the humor a little more well-integrated and less forced).

But one thing I don't understand is what the obsession and fascination is with isekai as a storytelling convention. Why can't the pharmacist in this case just be a native denizen of any fictional kingdom or realm which isn't on Earth and make it a regular high fantasy? Or do they believe they require that hook of relatability for the audience by having a classical isekai protagonist? I just don't see what the whole isekai theme really contributes to this when it just feels like a little trapping or afterthought shoehorned in.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2021

32 by amlg »»
Jan 20, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2021

30 by amlg »»
Jan 20, 9:51 PM

Poll: » Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2021

31 by amlg »»
Jan 20, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2021

48 by amlg »»
Jan 20, 6:36 PM

Poll: » Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2021

37 by amlg »»
Jan 20, 3:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.