Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Apr 7, 2023 7:49 PM

Mar 2015
Saw it coming that the real culprit would have been someone with a special ability, but did they just possess two bodies at once? It seemed like the culprit possessed Emma and Ling's body at once since Lu Guang was stabbed before Emma jumped off. If the culprit really did possess two bodies at once that's kinda overpowered..

Also poor Ling, I can't imagine her shock when she found out she stabbed Lu Guang.
Apr 30, 2023 12:47 AM
Jan 2021
slay idk why i ahave to leave a review but ok
May 2, 2023 5:54 PM

Mar 2022
how can one show be such gas, fire!!!!!

春雨や ものがたりゆく 蓑と傘
May 7, 2023 11:23 PM

May 2015
They dropped the biggest cliffhanger wtf
Jun 14, 2023 2:02 AM

Jul 2021
Cheng plans to protect Xu by confronting the attacker who was part of the plan. Lu Guang supports the plan because Cheng prepared well. The attacker agrees and gets locked in a room with Cheng. They fight, and Cheng shows the attacker pictures of the victims, revealing that it was Liu Min behind the mask. Liu Min is arrested. During the interrogation, Liu Min talks about a "friend" who committed the killings, suggesting a mental disorder. This confuses the authorities who had previously diagnosed him with no mental illness. Cheng asks for CCTV footage of Emma to help her. It turns out Liu Min thought he had killed Emma and rushed her to the hospital. Emma survives a car crash but her phone is broken. Cheng uses his ability to convince Emma not to jump off a bridge, but she jumps anyway. In the present, Qiao's eyes change, and she stabs Lu Guang. Cheng realizes there's another person who can possess bodies and returns to find Lu Guang injured. The possessed Qiao taunts Cheng, eager to continue the "reset game." Overall a pretty mysterious series, can't wait for the 2nd season!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 17, 2023 10:07 PM

Mar 2016
finishing this right before the second season airs was so smart because that cliff hanger was so fucking heavy i'm so excited
Jul 1, 2023 10:45 PM

Nov 2021
This was a great anime!
Goated in every aspect be it plot, animation or OSTs.
Jul 3, 2023 1:28 PM

Jul 2022
I´m really glad I have finished it just today so I don´t have to wait 2 years for the next season. 
guys, you are my heroes. I would die of anticipation. 
it started a bit lukewarm, I was expecting some mediocre emotional massage but wow this show is really among the best. 
some of the kindest souls I know have lived in a world that was not kind to them.
some of the best human beings I know, have been through so much at the hands of others,
and they still love deeply, they still care.

sometimes, it´s the people who have been hurt the most, who refuse to be hardened in this world,
because they would never want to make another person feel the same way they themselves have felt.
if that´s not something to be in awe of, I don´t know what is.

--- bianco sparacino ---
Jul 7, 2023 1:49 PM
Jun 2022
hentailuvr42069 said:
finishing this right before the second season airs was so smart because that cliff hanger was so fucking heavy i'm so excited
too true :( i had to wait a whole year aahhhh the suspension was crazy
Jul 7, 2023 11:04 PM
Jan 2021
my brain freeze can not think a single thing for a whole minute at the end of this...luckily next week s2 out...
Jul 13, 2023 12:46 PM

Mar 2016
linkclickdabest said:
hentailuvr42069 said:
idk what i'd do if i had to wait a whole year 😭 im so glad its coming back though underrated series fr
Jul 13, 2023 6:02 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
One of the most shocking season ending cliffhanger. This show is amazing, and my first chinese anime, actually the first thing I ever watched in chinese. I am glad I have just finished this right before the start of the second season, no suffering wait for me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
Jul 14, 2023 11:51 AM
Mar 2023
the cliffhanger and the plot twist literally killed me!! This is such an underrated anime!!
Jul 14, 2023 4:41 PM

Jun 2019
hentailuvr42069 said:
linkclickdabest said:
idk what i'd do if i had to wait a whole year 😭 im so glad its coming back though underrated series fr
Hah, now try two years for those of us who watched it first run week to week back in the spring of 2021.
Jul 14, 2023 11:49 PM

Mar 2016
WatchTillTandava said:
hentailuvr42069 said:
Hah, now try two years for those of us who watched it first run week to week back in the spring of 2021.
an even worse fate........to be fair waiting for episodes for season 2 feels about as gut wrenching as i'd imagine waiting for season 2 to drop would be.....this season is too insane
Jul 15, 2023 7:49 AM

Feb 2021
So that person have the same power like Him? Very interesting and can't wait to see 2nd season!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 2, 2023 7:59 PM
Jul 2023
100% recomendado, lo que lloré con este anime no tiene sentido.
Aug 3, 2023 12:44 AM
Dec 2022
this ep was such a twist
Aug 5, 2023 7:22 AM
Aug 2023
Hello guys, I didn't really understand. the message has been sent by Ling Qiao to Shanshan Xu, so why in the subtitle they typed that it is Emma's message? Is the subtitle wrong or what?
the link below is a screenshot for the subtitle.

https://ibb.co/sjnCzXN[/img]
Aug 12, 2023 8:57 AM
Apr 2022
ITS TOOO GOOOD. THE CHARACTER AND PLOT IS OP
Aug 12, 2023 5:59 PM

Dec 2021
Holy crap. Thank god I never got around to watching this show until now and I can move straight onto season 2. What a crazy cliffhanger to leave the story on for two years.
Sep 11, 2023 11:04 PM

May 2010
I already knew it would be this way based on how his powers had worked thus far but man it sucks so bad. I saw it coming and it still hurt to see. If he had actually been able to save her in the first place, she would not have been found dead to begin with. He can't actually change the past, it's impossible. The only thing he can do is influence events in the future of his current self.
Sep 17, 2023 9:09 AM
Aug 2021
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Sep 24, 2023 7:11 AM
Aug 2023
left my mouth hanging, cliff hanger got me crying, the writers are GENIUS
Sep 24, 2023 7:12 AM
Aug 2023
left my mouth hanging, cliff hanger got me crying, the writers are GENIUS
Sep 26, 2023 7:36 AM
Oct 2019
Damn that Emotional scene with Emma and Cheng Xiaoshi.

I knew it, all the hits are there.
there is someone with the similar ability.

WHAT THE FCK IS THAT ENDING!!

That was an INSANE CLIFFHANGER AND YOU GUYS WAIT FOR 2 YEARS?
That's CRAZY.

9/10
I was blowing away by this Anime.
Never have i expect Chinese Anime could be this good.
Sep 29, 2023 5:10 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to yes98
Hello guys, I didn't really understand. the message has been sent by Ling Qiao to Shanshan Xu, so why in the subtitle they typed that it is Emma's message? Is the subtitle wrong or what?
the link below is a screenshot for the subtitle.

https://ibb.co/sjnCzXN[/img]
@yes98
"This is a subtitle error. The message was sent to Shanshan and has nothing to do with Ema."
Oct 12, 2023 4:32 PM

Aug 2019
EXCUSE ME! WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED??
Oct 16, 2023 5:11 PM
Mar 2015
I am honestly disappointed with this episode. It had everything to be an amazing end, but it just feels like they dropped the ball. Emma's death in particular ruins what I feel to be a great possibility for symbology. Her being saved would have been an amazing way of subverting the idea that the past is completely fixed, and give greater meaning to everyone's struggles and serve as a great climax to the character and plot development built in every previous episode. His return to the present, ecstatic at his success, and then being confronted with Lu Guang bleeding out would have served as both an amazing segway to the second season and to give emphasis to the idea that, despite success, there are still consequences and they must still be cautious of what they do. Instead, getting the double whammy of both his entire efforts being for naught added to Lu Guang's stabbing just took the wind out of the sails of any plot development that had happened, and left it all just murky and unenjoyable. A taste of ash on what had been an amazing series until now that by its very nature spreads to the remainder of the episodes.
PrimevalRevenantOct 30, 2023 5:52 PM
Nov 11, 2023 5:00 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Reply to adbeaver
Saw it coming that the real culprit would have been someone with a special ability, but did they just possess two bodies at once? It seemed like the culprit possessed Emma and Ling's body at once since Lu Guang was stabbed before Emma jumped off. If the culprit really did possess two bodies at once that's kinda overpowered..

Also poor Ling, I can't imagine her shock when she found out she stabbed Lu Guang.
@adbeaver it seems they can go through time in a way similar to Xiaoshi can 'dive' into the past.

So, possessing Emma happened in the past.

And possessing a-Ling is happening in the present.

The possessing person could be somewhere in the future perhaps. So they could possess both of those bodies in succession and it could seem like at the same time.

time travel shenanigans

I do feel so bad for a-Ling though!! aaahhh she's gonna be guilty af

Nov 13, 2023 8:35 AM

Jun 2020
Oooh Man! Man! Man! This is an amazing thrillercoaster! Each episode sets-up the thrill perfectly. The characters are awesome, animation is brilliant, concept is top notch and the music is outstanding. Overall a brilliant fest to watch it. On to season2!!!
Dec 2, 2023 5:08 AM
Dec 2023
the way thing build to the. end so ferfect
Dec 3, 2023 6:42 PM
Nov 2023
(self-notes; may contain mild spo!lers)

A gripping thriller till the end! My eyes were always glued to the screen with this show.

It's nice to see the tie back to the first ep's client Emma, and Cheng Xiaoshi had a good-ass scene in the darkroom. Even though we could kinda guess antagonist Liu Min's situation, it was still exhilarating to see how it unfolded.
Feb 11, 9:20 PM
Aug 2020
I think it has a temporal paradox but it's complex enough to make me not sure.
Feb 19, 1:56 PM
Dec 2023
😭😭😭😭😭
Feb 24, 12:36 PM
Jun 2022
Well , Watching It Again Many Episodes Felt A Lil Too Emotional For Me . Still , ' That First Emma Episode ' , ' Basketball Match Episode & ' Go Go Episode ' Were Awesome . Plus Op & Ed Songs Were So Dope! On The Fence To Watch S2 , Don't Know If Wanna Watch Their Makeshift Crap With That Villain Lol.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stardew - Apr 30, 2021

168 by UtamiQQ »»
Apr 17, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ilalochezia - May 13, 2021

57 by Mjohlnir »»
Apr 10, 8:44 PM

» Some logic questons

TheMageDalamar - Apr 1

11 by Soffy321 »»
Apr 6, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mystrias - May 20, 2021

152 by x340 »»
Apr 4, 8:54 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ilalochezia - Apr 30, 2021

77 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 27, 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.