Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 13, 2021 7:49 AM

Jun 2012
Im worried, that Chinese government might use Liyuu (Keke VA) to force censorship or meddle with LL franchise.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 13, 2021 8:41 AM

Jan 2019
ah yes, love live being china's top priority
Jul 13, 2021 9:25 AM

Sep 2009
Just because she is half Chinese you think China will have a say in how this is made? Then I suppose all the other foreign girls from the last 3 series have to have a say in how the anime is run.

This is the dumbest thing I have heard and very racist.
Jul 13, 2021 9:39 AM

Feb 2019
She’s not in the CCP or living in China is she lol? I think Xi has much more important things to worry about, like regulating Chinese tech companies.
Jul 13, 2021 11:39 AM

Mar 2017
Nice xenophobia, bro
Jul 13, 2021 12:09 PM
Jan 2014
kamil88 said:
Im worried, that Chinese government might use Liyuu (Keke VA) to force censorship or meddle with LL franchise.

You mean like they did with Ranma1/2?

Oh wait... They did not, so stop being a xenophobic moron
Shock_YinJul 13, 2021 12:14 PM

Jul 13, 2021 12:23 PM

Jun 2012
Liyuu lives in China, CCP controls everything their citizens do. Im just worried they might threat they won't let her go to Japan, if company won't agree to do what commies want.
Jul 13, 2021 1:32 PM
Aug 2016
KeroKeroRetro said:
Nice xenophobia, bro

Shock_Yin said:
kamil88 said:

You mean like they did with Ranma1/2?

Oh wait... They did not, so stop being a xenophobic moron

Dislinking the CCP has nothing to do with xenophobia.
One has nothing to do with the other and I don't undestand how you make this connection.

The influence of the CCP is indeed large. But do they have an interest in Anime, especially the unpolitical Love Live-Show? Probably not.

And judging from Liyuu's Youtube-Channel she is currently living in Japan.

Jul 13, 2021 1:39 PM

Apr 2014
Currently, Liyuu is living and working in Japan. When you are the Love Live’s seiyuu, you must live in Japan for your works, shows, events, concerts, etc. Especially with the pandemic, flying between Japan and China all the time is very difficult to do so.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 13, 2021 2:00 PM
Mar 2013
kamil88 said:

Well, they have already changed the date of birth of the main character.
" According to the official statement, the birthday was set to July 7 because July 7 was the day when Shanghai was set as a special city. However, July 7 was also the day when the second Sino-Japanese war broke out in full swing. After the announcement of Character design, this point caused controversy among Chinese fans. Maybe in order to prevent negative effects, the birthday was changed to July 17 ten days later."
Jul 13, 2021 4:53 PM
Feb 2016
Stop being paranoid.
Jul 13, 2021 5:23 PM
Apr 2020
kamil88 said:

Honestly I don't think you are being paranoid, nor racist or xenophobic. The CCP has been proven to meddle in Japanese Idol media, does no one remember the shit storm that happened when Coco from hololive simply acknowledged her Taiwanese fans and the CCP tried to get her canceled
Jul 13, 2021 10:52 PM

Mar 2012
Bro shut up, weird racist
Jul 14, 2021 3:14 AM
Jan 2014
Muju92 said:
kamil88 said:

Honestly I don't think you are being paranoid, nor racist or xenophobic. The CCP has been proven to meddle in Japanese Idol media, does no one remember the shit storm that happened when Coco from hololive simply acknowledged her Taiwanese fans and the CCP tried to get her canceled

Yes I remember when Cover decided to close their Chinese branch

Jul 14, 2021 3:17 AM
Jan 2014
Here is the thing you do not seem to understand

The CCP already has influence over anime, so they have no need of using a VA for that

So stop being an idiot

Jul 14, 2021 3:18 AM

Jan 2013
OP should go outside and touch some grass. Not everything is a conspiracy.
Jul 14, 2021 3:43 AM
Jul 2019
We can just assume they want more Chinese fans with this representation... but other than that, you're overthinking too much.
Jul 14, 2021 6:45 AM
Nov 2020
Not really. Liyuu already lived in Japan for over a years as of now and I know that Chinese Love Live! fans have the most fanbase. Do not forget that we have a Korean, Mexican, SEA Love Live! fans don't be xenophobic and don't compare from a certain hololive to Liyuu tbh
Jul 14, 2021 7:30 AM
Feb 2019
Dude, I don't like the CCP either but stop being so paranoic about China, they don't care about a random japanese anime
Jul 14, 2021 7:34 AM
Feb 2019
kamil88 said:
"muh evil Chinese goverment censor my anime because one of the girls Is half chinese no I don't hate chinese people why do you ask" You are either racist or brainwashed to hate everything related to China, go touch grass
Jul 14, 2021 8:13 AM
Feb 2019
Muju92 said:
kamil88 said:

that had nothing to do with the ccp, just with Chinese fans
Jul 14, 2021 8:15 AM
Feb 2019
bobryforever said:
kamil88 said:

Well, they have already changed the date of birth of the main character.
" According to the official statement, the birthday was set to July 7 because July 7 was the day when Shanghai was set as a special city. However, July 7 was also the day when the second Sino-Japanese war broke out in full swing. After the announcement of Character design, this point caused controversy among Chinese fans. Maybe in order to prevent negative effects, the birthday was changed to July 17 ten days later."
why do you think the goverment had anything to do with it? people≠their goverment, and In this case Chinese fans had the rigth to be mad
Jul 14, 2021 10:09 AM

Jan 2019
I think, we have to seperate some things, which are put under the big thing "chinese influence and propaganda"

First of all: The most propaganda, china does is against her own people. Like most states (western states too) china does try to get a clean image in the world but china hasn't been been appeared to forcibly change much "truths" in media outsider her direct sphere. Does china want to manipulate Love Live? It is an japanese anime. If Love Live would get offensive against chinese people or culture, china will surely raise a complaint. But other case china will not pay much attention for the anime itself.

But inside china this is another point: China will ban this anime, if china thinks, this shouldn't be seen by its people. This wouldn't have been the first time that this happens.
And do you really thinks, Lantis/Kadokawa etc wants to see Love Live banned in China? Surely not. So they will not risk to give China a reason to ban Love Live.

Therefore: China doesn't need to actively manipulate Love Live via Liyuu, if this would be even possible. Simply having the option of censorship in china is enough. And this does not just just hold for Love Live or other anime. Even Hollywood shoot their movies in respect for chinese censorship.
Jul 14, 2021 12:40 PM
May 2019
Wtf is this? Just what???
Jul 14, 2021 12:40 PM
Aug 2019
How can I report this treat?
Jul 14, 2021 1:12 PM
Dec 2007
Why would the CCP censor the anime while Japanese people (and in this case, creators) already self-censor themselves? The Keke character and her VA were added to please the Chinese anime fan community - which is huge, and Sunrise (company that I know very well for having worked with them for many years) obviously closely monitors every detail of every script of the series so that everything is politically-correct on the Chinese side and so that they get the most return and exposure from the fans without angering anybody, especially not the CCP. Remember that self-censorship is always stronger than censorship.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 20, 2021 4:05 AM
Oct 2017
Can you try to approach anyone chinese without bias? I think Keke's chinese is cute, and that's what matters right? In case you're racist, I won't rag you for that but AT LEAST don't announce your disdain of chinese in public.
Jul 20, 2021 5:56 AM

Jun 2012
C-chann said:
Can you try to approach anyone chinese without bias? I think Keke's chinese is cute, and that's what matters right? In case you're racist, I won't rag you for that but AT LEAST don't announce your disdain of chinese in public.

I didn't say one bad word about Keke and chinese people in general, my only disdain is for commies, no matter from with country they are.
Jul 20, 2021 6:03 AM

Mar 2014
Tigerle said:
I think, we have to seperate some things, which are put under the big thing "chinese influence and propaganda"

First of all: The most propaganda, china does is against her own people. Like most states (western states too) china does try to get a clean image in the world but china hasn't been been appeared to forcibly change much "truths" in media outsider her direct sphere. Does china want to manipulate Love Live? It is an japanese anime. If Love Live would get offensive against chinese people or culture, china will surely raise a complaint. But other case china will not pay much attention for the anime itself.

But inside china this is another point: China will ban this anime, if china thinks, this shouldn't be seen by its people. This wouldn't have been the first time that this happens.
And do you really thinks, Lantis/Kadokawa etc wants to see Love Live banned in China? Surely not. So they will not risk to give China a reason to ban Love Live.

Therefore: China doesn't need to actively manipulate Love Live via Liyuu, if this would be even possible. Simply having the option of censorship in china is enough. And this does not just just hold for Love Live or other anime. Even Hollywood shoot their movies in respect for chinese censorship.

Yep that's right well said !!!

@kamil88
So yeah don't worry about it
RedChromeJul 20, 2021 6:10 AM
Jul 20, 2021 10:15 AM
Oct 2017
SeibaaHomu said:

Agreed bro. Idk what OP is doing, is OP just starting a political debate for attention? Damn I came here for cute girls doing cute things, not angry recluses being paranoid about some country cause their TV told them to.
Jul 20, 2021 11:28 AM

Jul 2019
Lol I'm pretty sure Xi boi have other things to do than chase after anime girls of Chinese origin.

Not to say that LL is completely non-political.
Jul 20, 2021 11:49 AM

Nov 2008
AlanSarkis said:
Lol I'm pretty sure Xi boi have other things to do than chase after anime girls of Chinese origin.

Not to say that LL is completely non-political.

But his 50 cent army is another story, they're worse than typical idol antis.

If you're worried about some of your spending money going to the Xi Dynasty, skip the discs and merch. Also, pirate the anime if you are watching it legally.

Jul 20, 2021 12:14 PM
Jun 2021
Muju92 said:
kamil88 said:

bro you can’t compare streamers to love live. love live is a multi-million franchise. also, this isn’t even about the CCP, so stop trying to compare
Jul 20, 2021 3:09 PM

Oct 2014
I can't tell if you're racist, really afraid of communism, or both.
Jul 20, 2021 3:50 PM

Jan 2021
using an anime site to be racist to asians... the irony is out of this world LMAO

blockberry creative will pay for its crimes

Jul 20, 2021 7:14 PM
Feb 2021
kamil88 said:

This guy has absolutely demolished the CCP's ingenious plan to control the cornerstone of japanese society,, fuckin love live fans
Jul 20, 2021 10:46 PM

Sep 2014
Do you people even know how to read? At what point OP said anything against the character, the seiyuu or chinese people itself?
Nothing important. Keep scrolling.
Jul 21, 2021 1:54 AM

Jun 2016
Whole lot of twitter fag replies in this thread lol
Jul 21, 2021 6:54 AM
Mar 2020
You are pretty unreasonably paranoid, but I have to say that the people responding are actually the CCPs favorite, they can't separate the genocidal communist government and the normal people, just what they want.
Jul 24, 2021 2:10 PM

Nov 2014
The Chinese government is pretty nuts but you're just being straight up racist. There's a line, dude, and you crossed it. Maybe dial it back, ok?
Quality Queen.
Jul 27, 2021 6:04 PM
Feb 2012
kamil88 said:

Any Japanese studio with an interest in having their anime distributed in China would censor anything the CCP would deem wrong, so they don't need to move a fingernail over there anyway.
Lots of CCP shills in here though, especially after what happened last year with Hololive and more recently with Ai Kayano...
Jul 28, 2021 7:32 PM

Nov 2009
BTW, ppls here defending China... lol

In case no one ever watch the news.

The OP is worried cause of the recent crack down on Japan VAs that voice act for certain mobile games. The OP isn't a racist.

China also banned Hololive (vtuber) due to Hololive respecting Taiwan as a country (in this case, China's being a racist to Taiwan).

Winnie the Pooh got banned cause someone that actually liked China memed about China's leader looking like Winnie the Pooh... the Irony, LUUUL

As for the game, one of the VA got banned cause she apparently visited a Japanese Shrine without knowing the background of the Shrine, she just wanted to visit a Shrine on that day. But as you know China, they don't care if it was an accident or not, they just outright ban the VA from all of China's media.

There are many other not as famous VA, actors and actress that also got banned by China cause of their Belief.

___ ___ ___

Also to the above post.

China semi-banned Shaman King, Boku no Hero Academia cause they contained facts that were deemed wrong by China.

Other Anime that was banned by China. (some even years after production, and some are world famous)

Attack on Titan
Deadman Wonderland
Death Note
Devil May Cry
High School DXD
Highschool of the Dead
Parasyte
Shinmai Maou no Testament
Sword Art Online
Tokyo Ghoul
Tokyo Raven

Also, somewhat anime, but by US. the animated movie of Mulan was banned by China cause it apparently contained a region where China were said to commit human rights abuse. (which is funny, cause if China wasn't committing anything, they wouldn't have done anything to ban the movie, by banning the movie, it told everyone they're trying to hid something)

And not really an anime, but rather a game (tho it does have somewhat of an anime), Monster Hunters the Live Action movie, it contained a line that was apparently pre-approved by the Chinese Government where the Chinese actor said "Chi-knees". The original meaning as said by the director and the Chinese government agreed on was it means Chinese have strong legs and vitality and pride. But apparently after it aired, majority of Chinese people find it offending and China decide to ban the original movie and only re-release a CENSORED version afterwards.

___ ___ ___

I personally don't mind having chinese VAs (or VAs voicing chinese) in anime series.
But I do get why some ppls are worried about certain things.
amlgJul 28, 2021 8:05 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 30, 2021 1:16 PM

Jan 2013
best unironic thread in a while. to be fair tho they shouldve settled for a taiwanese va to avoid controversy with the ccp just in case.
Jul 30, 2021 1:20 PM

Aug 2020
what the hell is PCCh?
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Jul 30, 2021 2:31 PM
Jan 2020
C-chann said:
SeibaaHomu said:

Agreed bro. Idk what OP is doing, is OP just starting a political debate for attention? Damn I came here for cute girls doing cute things, not angry recluses being paranoid about some country cause their TV told them to.

It isn't wrong to not be worried and the reason for the OP being worried isn't racist at all.
They have a lot of wrong stuff in the past and recent times and being worried about it isn't wrong at all LMAO
Jul 31, 2021 10:21 AM

Mar 2014
who cares. everyone in japanese industries loves chinese money.
Aug 3, 2021 4:00 PM

Aug 2019
where did OP say anything regarding Chinese people? clearly he was just talking about the Chinese government so I’m not sure why people are throwing around the term racist/xenophobic

by that way I’m indifferent to the topic at hand but I was just confused why people automatically assumed OP was either of those two terms
Aug 3, 2021 9:15 PM
Feb 2019
Maybe the the OP is paranoid, but still, imagine defending an authoritarian surveillance state that censors any media they don't agree with and calling OP racist to defend them.
Aug 4, 2021 12:43 AM

Jan 2020
China is already often involved in anime productions. Bilibili is often part of the production committee for anime productions, and it owns a 20% stake in Fun-Media, which owns anime studios: feel., Assez Finaud Fabric., and ZEXCS. In addition, Emon once acquired 51% of Animation Studio Artland (established after a company split from the original Artland, which in itself was absorbed by Marvelous a few years later), though it transferred its 51% stake in Artland a year later, to sub-contracting studio LEVELS, due to the deal not panning out as expected.
ims-tokyoAug 4, 2021 12:57 AM
Aug 4, 2021 5:02 AM
Dec 2019
and when Mod lock this thread you gonna think China Gov have influence on MAL...
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Oct 17, 2021

72 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 12, 2023 10:23 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 19, 2021

34 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 4 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 15, 2021

47 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 3, 2023 10:35 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 18, 2021

54 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 2, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 11, 2021

114 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.