Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Yami Shibai 9 Episode 1 Discussion

Jul 11, 6:22 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So I put Yamishibai episodes into one of three categories when I watch them.

The Three S's

Scary - It legitimately freaked me out or made me jump.
(S1 did this well to me)

Story - It was more of an interesting spooky story or myth.
(S8 I felt did this well)

Shit - It's not scary, not interesting and eats giant elephant ass after taco bell night.
(S3-7 was great at this)

So ep1 S9........I'd give it a ok rating in the story category. I thought it was a cool idea about a tradition you could see still existing today and liked the ending where it showed he fucked a ghost girl.....noice... nhentai here I cum... ghost tag OP!

Modified by Collins89, Jul 11, 6:29 PM

Jul 11, 6:36 PM
Daydreamer

A good start, better than most episodes of S8, the weakest and most uninteresting one imo.

Jul 11, 8:34 PM

Seems like the style they're following this season is closer to Sekai no Yami Zukan compared to the usual Yami Shibai, not a bad thing but the way they utilize it just makes things less creepier.
Modified by EGOIST, Jul 15, 4:18 PM

Jul 12, 9:21 AM
We all know episode 1 was OK, not particularly scary, but i guess it did make me uncomfortable, something that S4 - S8 haven't done, I don't know if this is a good sign for the series or a happy little accident, I don't know if I could continue watching the series just because ''Haha, look how many seasons it has'' or if its actually interesting or scary, but all of the seasons after 3rd have been just either mid or dog shit, at least their ED song choices are still good.

Jul 12, 11:48 AM

Not the best start in my opinion, but hopefully this season will do better. This episode wasn't really scary, just weird.

Jul 12, 5:22 PM

came back the plot of the episode really was very smooth it seems that each season gets lighter the horror events that's what I realized watching the episode even though it's at this pace since last season

Jul 13, 6:33 AM

MroxSuTheSecond said:
I don't know if I could continue watching the series just because ''Haha, look how many seasons it has'' or if its actually interesting or scary, but all of the seasons after 3rd have been just either mid or dog shit, at least their ED song choices are still good.

Right 2 seasons were good 2 seasons were mediocre and 4 were dog shit.....but I don't think I can stop if I've already sat through 8 seasons already and it can't get worse than other seasons.

Also true Ed songs are basically new bands added to play list

Jul 15, 1:52 PM

Not very good. But that doesn't surprise me. The first season was great then it went downhill fast

And I think I heard this story before, but can't recall from where

The art was nice and blended in well with the horror elements

Modified by Yuri-Crusader, Jul 15, 2:36 PM

Jul 17, 1:38 PM
先輩

It's on crunchy roll still right ?

Jul 17, 4:38 PM
Huh... It didn't scare me in the least, but it was definitely an interesting episode.
So they are all marrying the same entity? That's a good start for a plot. It's a pity that Yami Shibai cannot do anything longer than 4 minutes... but I suppose that's its charm.

Anyway, although it wasn't a masterpiece, it wasn't a disappointment either.
I've said this 8 times now... but it won't hurt to say it a ninth time:
I'll be looking forward to this.

Jul 19, 2:20 AM
The episode was mostly average. I didn't like the jumpscare, but the setup was good enough. Hope the next episode will be better though.

Jul 27, 1:47 PM

Good story but not enough to scare.
The idea of the wedding and funeral seems interesting to me, it could be used for a longer OVA.

Jul 27, 8:31 PM
These seasons only exist to decrease my mean score

Aug 2, 2:31 PM

Takuto_Shindou said:
These seasons only exist to decrease my mean score

Ha ha! Exactly this

Aug 3, 8:49 AM
Aaaaaand there goes all of my hope for season 9.

This anime just exists to perpetually torment me with the loss of a once great show

Aug 10, 1:31 PM

Interesting first episode! Finally watching this show as it airs.
Yami shibai is etrnal.

Sep 9, 1:32 AM

First, it feels like the opening segment is calling us cattle/livestock. I know they're the zodiac, but since most of them are still farm animals... hmmm I don't appreciate it. Yet, they'd be right. We keep coming back to this damn anime season after season just like farm animals come around once the farmer rings the bell. And look how long we've been keeping this up. Well, I've accepted my position. As long as I'm fed then I guess I'll keep coming at the ring of the bell... even if the food is bad most of the time.

Second, the episode was meh. Interesting concept, at least.

Enjoy your anime!
Or if you'd like, you can hopefully enjoy my slice-of-life web novel too?
Read Witch Cafe Wisteria Here