Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 11, 2021 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, it's cute to see Viola being animated. She's an important character in the series after all and she had a purpose to come visit the Bocchan.

Got to see some of Bocchan's skills on the piano. I like how they threw in such a teasing scene between him and Alice in that segment. Bocchan's life just can't seem to be quiet anymore. Also, I like the music/soundtrack they used for this episode.
Jul 11, 2021 6:58 AM

Jul 2017
Bocchan's butler Rob is such a nice servant who took care of him after he was kicked out of the family, though Alice is the same. A hard worker Rob is one despite his old age, though he can come off as being creepy.

Being a pianist and writing a requiem to pass the time, though Alice's petite body can't avert off Bocchan's eyes. A ballad rather than a requiem a song composed for Alice, and that's some hard work...though a kiss can''t be given.

Bocchan's sister Viola comes to see him out of surprise and out of his family's reach, though she can be a pain to handle with her girlyness. More than trying to help Bocchan with alleviating his curse, her fascination with Rob only paints her as someone who likes old men.

Hah, Bocchan getting scared over an abandoned black cat, and the hijinks are funny with the purposeful clothes scratching on her breasts, giving full peek towards him. Give it a home outside the mansion they must.

My favourite is the last segment: the dance between Bocchan and Alice, which more than already watched parts of this through the PV teaser, the full picture is such a sweet and nice moment with the use of the soundtrack, even for a "pretend" dance.

The delights of being in love with a cursed Duke is staggering and heartwarming.
Jul 11, 2021 7:22 AM
Mar 2021
Where have you seen the second episode?
Jul 11, 2021 7:23 AM

Jan 2021
Hmm, I'm glad he have someone else who isn't afraid of him (´・ᴗ・ ` )

Ahh, I like his sister's personality, glad to see they get along pretty well hahah
So she's into old mans... ( ・ิ ͜ʖ ・ิ)

Lovely dance, I need more AAAA
Jul 11, 2021 7:34 AM

Jun 2019
Bob, the butler is a nice guy. I like his character. We also got to meet Bocchan's sister, Viola who's really cute but has quite a girlish nature, not surprised there. LOL. Also, Alice teasing Bocchan here and there was so funny to me. He's a boy after all. He can't deny his feelings for her.

Also, Bocchan is pretty good with his piano. And, that dance was great as well with that amazing OST. Overall, another good episode. I love Alice and Bocchan's chemistry so much. Still, Alice is my favorite so far in this show.
Jul 11, 2021 7:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah Viola's introduction, she speaks too much for someone who loves Rob xD the cat scene was also fun and I really like the dance one at the end, it was very romantic especially for what they said
Jul 11, 2021 8:00 AM

Aug 2012
I wonder why everybody has black fingernails and if Alice is somehow related to the witch. Maybe It has to do with the dance between their ancestors
Jul 11, 2021 8:10 AM

Apr 2014
"tsuki ga kirei desu ne" wow! Bocchan said this phrase. I've wondered that both of them are knowing the meaning behind this phrase or not.
I love how Alice always teased and flirted Bocchan.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 11, 2021 8:30 AM

Oct 2020
Rob sure is diligent, but sadly, he does have an underlying back issue that hinders his work. Viola is here and, her talkative personality is quite loveable. Though it wouldn't seem like it, Viola is actually into older men. A lovely dance scene paired with a fitting and excellent Ost to go with it, simply lovely.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2021 9:20 AM

Nov 2016
The imouto wasn't as bad as I feared, even kinda adorable. But who would've thought that she got the hots for Rob xD

Dancing scene was pretty cute.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 11, 2021 9:24 AM
Feb 2021
0 development in plot except now we know:
1. Butler is odd character
2. Viola has fetish for old men
3. Bocchan can play piano

Will this be the pacing of the show. I at least expected some hint as to how curse can be broken in this ep. If not at least some flash back in which we can see the witch and the events of the curse. This is very dissatisfactory.
Jul 11, 2021 9:25 AM
Sep 2018
Does someone know the song when duke is on the balcony all alone before Alice came???😩😩 it was short but i loved it and i want to know that song but i can’t find it anywhere 😓😓 is it
Jul 11, 2021 9:29 AM
Nov 2019
alice is definetly waifu material.

the Buttler seems to be a caring and fun person too . also happy to see that his sister is still on his side and not afraid to visit her brother like the dude from last episode .

really liking the piano music and also that ending dance was pretty wholesome
Jul 11, 2021 10:02 AM

Feb 2019
Alice may be best girl of the season so far man, she’s so damn funny. Her interactions with the duke are great. Her confession was really well done.

Viola is cute but who would’ve expected her to have a thing for older guys lol.

I’m really glad I gave this show a shot, I normally don’t watch CGI anime but this is a very good anime. Character interactions are great.
Jul 11, 2021 10:08 AM
Jul 2020
eliecher said:

Will this be the pacing of the show. I at least expected some hint as to how curse can be broken in this ep. If not at least some flash back in which we can see the witch and the events of the curse. This is very dissatisfactory.
This anime/manga is also slice of life since they also narrate the daily life of the protagonists.
It is also true that the anime only put the most important chapters since there are many "filler" chapters as you would say.Oh and the characters that you present here will have their future relevance related to the main plot xd
Jul 11, 2021 10:10 AM

Jun 2019
--alexis-- said:

Bilibili or Iqiyi
Jul 11, 2021 10:12 AM

Feb 2020
Another good episode. Surprised to know that this little girl is into old men. At least it's reassuring that there's someone that doesn't hate Bocchan for his curse
Animequeen_xx said:
Does someone know the song when duke is on the balcony all alone before Alice came???😩😩 it was short but i loved it and i want to know that song but i can’t find it anywhere 😓😓 is it

I recall seeing the title and the artist of the song in the credits (approximately 22:45 on Funimation, the section with CV: in it indicates the details of the song you were looking for) but I do not know an inkling of Japanese. what I can say is that there's some sort of CD album to be released late-September which includes the soundtrack and character songs, and assuming it's a character song you are looking for... well there it will be
Jul 11, 2021 10:15 AM
Nov 2020
I will watch and hop on the manga after this season to see if the man himself can clap Alice’s cheek in the end🤦🏽‍♂️ It’s sad they so close but still seem so far away cause they can’t touch each other🤦🏽‍♂️
Jul 11, 2021 10:25 AM
Jan 2021
Animequeen_xx said:

You can find it here: https://youtu.be/_HiHcZmtUMY though it’s not the full version
Jul 11, 2021 10:26 AM
Sep 2018
Thank you💗💗
Jul 11, 2021 10:27 AM
Mar 2021
This episode was really good and enjoyed it! Rob is a good character who is a hard worker and trusts bocchan like Alice, and he really brings some more action in his house. So far no main plot has been showed but I’m ok with that sense it was only episode two. I love the animations for the cat btw they seemed much more realistic than any other cat I’ve seen, I love this studio and their understanding of cgi. Also that dance scene was the most heartwarming scene yet, I love the relationship of Alice and bocchan, beautifully written.
Jul 11, 2021 10:39 AM

Aug 2018
mm this was very fun! seeing the supporting cast get filled up a little more is great, and both rob and viola are very funny lmfao.

my duke and maid cannot be this cute

mogu mogu

🍙🍙
Jul 11, 2021 10:53 AM

Dec 2013
Another beautiful and funny episode, I like a lot the pacing of this show.
Jul 11, 2021 10:59 AM
Mar 2021
Hitoribotchan said:
--alexis-- said:

Bilibili or Iqiyi

ah! thank you so much, was really expecting to see this episode but it wasnt where i usually watch anime so... gonna watch it now!
Jul 11, 2021 11:03 AM

Mar 2016
Hmm, wonder if the curse is somehow related to his grandfather and Alice's mother, or her family's relationship to his in general. Timeline wise it might not make sense to be because of an affair(?). But, I dunno, don't think they would include that for no reason.
Jul 11, 2021 11:50 AM

Apr 2021
even though i am a huge fan of the manga , i feel like i might end up dropping this . i am just getting dissapointed with every scene's adaptation as it goes .....

eliecher said:

you have no idea how long the manga readers had to wait to get some kind of progression in the curse part of the story .it took a long while to get that first hint . but ulimately the manga's appeal isnt so much the solution to the curse , but the interaction between the Main characters ( and later on many other characters' as well ) .

its hard to tell how this anime is going to go . Because , while it wont be easy to tell for an anime-only , they are actually adapting chapters as they please .
like the 1st episode would have 1st chapter, then maybe some scenes from the 10th chapter , then from the 12th chapter etc.

but if i was to hazard a guess , i would say maybe in like 4th , 5th or 6th ep we would get some kind of step into that direction . but dont get your hopes up at all , the mangaka took his sweet time as well .
Jul 11, 2021 12:07 PM
May 2021
Can somebody please tell me the names of the songs? Ngl I like classical music and I loved all the music in this episode and Shazam isn’t helping nor looking online
Jul 11, 2021 12:12 PM

Aug 2018
this episode was good and the story seems to be good and heartwarming
5 out of 10
Jul 11, 2021 12:15 PM
Apr 2021
I really loved the 2nd episode. Dukes Butler looks Badass. I also loved Dukes lil sis who cares for her Onii-chan
Jul 11, 2021 12:47 PM

Jul 2015
What if Alice was actually the witch, who cursed Bocchan, so she could have him all for herself?
You know, typical yandere stuff.

Jul 11, 2021 1:13 PM

Jun 2019
I liked this episode more much more than the previous one. The introduction of the butler Rob adds some good comedic situations and while I’m not the biggest fan of the sister, she at least adds something to take away from the basic teasing formula. It will be interesting to see if I drop it after the next episode.
Jul 11, 2021 2:56 PM
Apr 2021
Useless fact: "Viola" is the Portuguese name of an instrument that is a smaller guitar. In Brazil these instruments are played by the "Duplas Sertanejas", mostly in the state of Goiás, my homeland.

And now I lose all the concentration in the anime Everytime I hear Viola's name
Jul 11, 2021 3:21 PM

Jul 2011
Whoever animated that cat, really love cats.

Im curious how far they will go with the material after seeing the black spots in the OP wheel.
Jul 11, 2021 3:53 PM
Feb 2021
This episode was way too cute.
Jul 11, 2021 4:17 PM

Jun 2017
It was a great episode.

Bocchan is sure surrounded by weirdos. It's nice to see not all of his real family abandoned him after all so I hope Viola appears more later.
Jul 11, 2021 4:18 PM
Jan 2017
Anyone else noticed the background with canvas painting filter? Or maybe its just a painting dunno.
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Jul 11, 2021 4:19 PM

Sep 2019
Inorin had lots of screen time, nice. Viola was cute
Jul 11, 2021 5:24 PM

Oct 2008
oh god those melons of Alice! very tempting!!!
5/5.

Jul 11, 2021 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
bocchan's sister showed up and i thought it was cool how she still likes her brother after getting cursed compared to bocchan's mother is his brother it's a big huge difference.
Jul 11, 2021 6:32 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, the 3d butler arrived. Good change of pace honestly, together with the arrival of annoyingly little sister, Viola. She prefer the old man, Rob, which is giving me a bit of chuckle. However, they still don't forget about the black maid, Alice, when she got lots of portion, especially in the end with the 3d no-touching dance. Fine enough i'd say, better impression than the first episode, and the backsound piano actually nice without even interrupted with the ed sequence.

Hopefully you get the same end lives like that abandoned cat, Shinigami Bocchan....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 11, 2021 7:11 PM

Aug 2020
Yeah, another great and funny episode, now we have a new face and another unexpected guests at the house. Rob is really awesome and loyal servant even at his old age body, Viola cuteness that Bocchan can't handle and she is much prefer on old men. (Yes I'm still safe)

Damn, perverted cute cat have some nasty hands. Bocchan feelings getting have some development towards Alice? well let's see in the future.

Jul 11, 2021 7:12 PM
Sep 2019
It's fun , I could probably watch it till the end
Jul 11, 2021 7:31 PM

Nov 2017
Master x Servant confession... long time not seeing a honest feeling about this relationship
Now Loading.....
Jul 11, 2021 10:51 PM

Jan 2021
I thought Viola would be an unpleasant character at first, but she turned out to be quite nice. She's talkative and likes feminine things, but she's quite cute. Especially when she's shy while talking to Rob lolll.

I really liked the last segment, the part when they started dancing and so on. Even without a touch, the piano music along with the moonlight was enough to create a romantic atmosphere.

I noticed both the first and second episodes had a really sweet ending... it felt like I consumed so much sugar lol hahaha I can't stop smiling and this feeling makes me happy!

Jul 11, 2021 10:54 PM

May 2021
viola way too cute for my manly body, would like to see more of her

Jul 11, 2021 11:03 PM

Oct 2016
Another great and fun episode, with a sprinkle of depression. Alice and Bocchan deserves to touch each other damnit. Godbless the cat though, we got some nice jiggle action lmao. I like the introduction of Rob and Viola. Viola is cute, didn't expect her to like Rob though.

That dance was sad, you can tell that they really want to touch each other. But at least we got that wholesome confession at the end. Alice definitely best girl candidate this season. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 11, 2021 11:58 PM
Jul 2021
I haven't really read the manga of this anime and I don't even intend to read, I just came across this anime suddenly and after watching the first episode I really loved it!
This episode 2 was very nice and I really enjoyed the conversation b/w all the characters, I also liked the way story is progressing, it steady ,like you feel delighted after watching and episode, and its because of the beautiful music in the background..
Jul 12, 2021 2:41 AM

Apr 2018
Rob, the butler is finally back but as we can see, he's kinda old.. back problems etc.. xD but his body knows how to work. Pretty nice.
Alice teasing as always.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 12, 2021 3:42 AM
Apr 2017
Wow this show is unexpectedly very sweet and wholesome. Unlike teasing animes previously, Alice actually shows affection and even the MC feels more well rounded than the standard airhead MC. CGI looks alright and even gives the show a somewhat fairytale like quality. Also, those piano inserts just complement the show really well. Really look forward to following episodes
Jul 12, 2021 4:51 AM
Dec 2020
I'm really enjoying this anime, I thought that this particular CG wouldn't be great but it actually fits extremely well. The characters and interactions are fun and cute. It's really nice to see something like this tbh.
some people...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2021

61 by HanamiDango »»
Mar 5, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2021

43 by HanamiDango »»
Feb 29, 11:13 PM

Poll: » Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2021

46 by HanamiDango »»
Feb 28, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Best Girl

iiDavion - Feb 10

7 by add_it »»
Feb 14, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2021

87 by KinjiKido »»
Jan 26, 8:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.