3It was OK
20.8%
2Disliked it
10.4%
1Hated it
9.5%
Average 3.6
221 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 10, 2021 12:26 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mod Note: This episode thread is for the third televised episode of the anime. It aired on July 15, 2021.
This episode thread is now unlocked.
anime-primeJul 15, 2021 6:32 AM
Jul 15, 2021 6:30 AM

Jul 2017
WHAT THE HELL?

Skipping way ahead to Chapter 18 of the manga to the colosseum swordsman tournament where Sally has caught up with Mikoto, and the way to a girl's heart for men is through swordsmanship. The nun Sister Millia
makes an early introduction where she drags Mikoto with spending her money willy-nilly, and the tournament is where it landed them with the grand prze.

Imperial Ogre Sumeragi and Mask Ogre God Juselino also make their debut entrance as well to prepare the fight against the Momotaro Mikoto, with the "Hundred Ogre Gathering" in Chapter 17. Well, Boom Ogre Todoroki has his eyes on Mikoto, now with Blue Ogre Somenki's slaying evident of the result thereafter on Hawthorn's Rimdarl Kingdom.
Nevertheless, he is one snively ogre to watch out for, is he friend or foe to both humans and ogres?

Juselino making contact with Hawthorn in Chapter 19, and already suggesting to be friends to the unsuspecting captain. Sumeragi immediately follows that up with the remembrance of his annihilation of Somenki that decimated the Kingdom of Rimdarl in one fell swoop the last episode. Nevertheless, she's taken a liking to Hawthorn, and Sumeragi also meets up with the Momotaros. Mikoto won't take a bite to Sumeragi's plan: the plan for both humans and Oni to co-exist, but what is Sally's choice? Side with Sumeragi or Mikoto, the crossroads of a path.

Interesting episode to add to the "On Air" change of the manga adaptation's chronological order, though I'd reckon how it would link back to Episode 1 in the same order next week. FYI: NO SPOILERS for those who've watched it in the chronological order.
KANLen09Jul 15, 2021 8:05 AM
Jul 15, 2021 8:00 AM

Jan 2021
Hmmmm, this episode started like I skipped an episode or something 0-0

The Onis seem to be in big trouble.... Hmm he's got the body of a child, but I feel like Todoroki can put up a fight 0.0

I don't trust Sumeragi. I for one would eliminate all the Onis, but I'm sure Sally is against that too, we'll have to see what she decides
Jul 15, 2021 8:03 AM

Dec 2020
Very interesting episode. I like to see that this one demon sumeragi san want to cooperate with humans but i think his goal is not that.I like the VA of him. Juselino is also a very interesting character haha so wholesome this scene with hawthorn.
Todoroki kun want to kill mikoto no way.

A lot of new characters im not a manga reader so. Which choice take sally sumeragi or mikoto.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 15, 2021 8:06 AM

Apr 2014
When you can't choose between two of them, just choose two of them. Using the Kanojo mo Kanojo method, Sally.
Semeragi seems sus, anyways.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 15, 2021 8:09 AM

Apr 2018
This ep was filled with Juselino's wholesomeness..
And Sally has to choose between killing the ogres or coexistence. Good episode but Idk where this is going atm.
Also the Nun reminded me of Maria from Haganai lol xd

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 15, 2021 8:19 AM

Oct 2020
With Hawthorn competing to earn 300 gold, the whole group has to stay within the kingdom. Sumeragi seems a bit strange and, he definitely has ulterior motives. Juselino, on the other hand, was very cute. Sally must make an important decision now. Let's see who she chooses.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2021 8:20 AM

Jan 2021
I‘m so confused and I think it is even getting worse with every episode
Jul 15, 2021 8:25 AM
Mar 2019
Welp that skipped a lot and no cap am highly disappointed as an anime only person......

Juselino became best girl in like 7 seconds just for wanting to be picked up a lot and sumeragi hella sus

Can't believe they named the laser eye ogre carrot, that's adorable.
Jul 15, 2021 8:26 AM

Jul 2009
Who the fuck is responsible for directing this mess? I know the source material can't be like this.

Clearly some a lot of content has been skipped or something because nothing makes sense. I started episode 3 wondering if I missed an episode or something.

Peach Boy is definitely failing the 3 episode ruling. I'll give it one more episode but honestly this shit isn't amusing. I have no attachment or like of anyone...except for Frau who is hard to dislike.
Jul 15, 2021 8:49 AM

Jan 2014
This is interesting, but like. It's a tad bit confusing, and all over the place lol. If you didn't know about what was going on from the MAL threads, you'd be left thinking what's going on. Strange direction to go in.
Jul 15, 2021 8:54 AM
Jun 2015
The idea that this episode plays the reunion here is that they want to have a bridge between last episode with a 10 second flashback of who wiped the city and the jump back to chapter 1, explaining how they met and whether it will affect sally's choice.

I believe its best to see how this goes then watch the chronological order, but i feel like this is what the anime is trying to do.
Jul 15, 2021 9:03 AM

Sep 2019
Didn't that one town got destroyed just an episode ago? Now they act like nothing even happened lmao, it was only mentioned once around 18:20. Anyway, the new purple haired girl is cute af!!!!!!! The nun was hot too.
Jul 15, 2021 9:05 AM
Jul 2018
Bit of an odd episode. Even as an anime only, it's quite clear that they skipped some content from the manga. It also felt like shit was just jumping around with little coherency for the majority of the episode... I also found it quite weird that the sword dude just up and forgot that his entire kingdom got nuked right in-front of him.... Would have liked to see him at least feel sad or depressed about it like damn. Still enjoyed the episode overall tho, Jucerino cute af.
Jul 15, 2021 9:08 AM

Oct 2010
First we skip something to ensure everyone confused and then start unfolding events and introducing characters at triple speed.
Everyone should be hooked to this amazing show now.
Was that a plan?
Jul 15, 2021 9:15 AM
Jul 2021
I'm confused. Something had to of been skipped
Jul 15, 2021 9:20 AM

Mar 2016
This broadcast order seriously makes zero sense.

There is literally no merit to telling a continuous story like this out of chronological order. At this point, I'm just going to assume the studio messed up the work scheduling and decided to push out episodes in whatever order they were completed, and then tried to cover up the whole thing with that BS explanation they gave regarding their reasons for the scrambled broadcast order.
Judgment526Jul 15, 2021 9:24 AM
Jul 15, 2021 9:23 AM

Jul 2012
Went and specifically checked to be sure cause i remember the tournament arc being (quite) far into the story ... So the whole arc was skipped - something like 2-3 episodes - and then they are just saying whatever just continue ... What the actual?! If it's for the sake to cramp up a lot of stuff into 12 episodes wouldn't it be better to show previous 2 episodes, the flashback one that's supposed to be airing later, the skipped arc and the tournament one and stop. This just seems like a joke.
Mb the whole season's order is rearranged, but just why?! Have no idea how watching this first time makes any sense ...

On the side note the manga tl had all the Oni/Ogres names translated, like Sumeragi was always addressed as Imperial oni.
Jul 15, 2021 9:36 AM

Aug 2020
okay see now this is getting interesting . Very interesting . We actually have a villain that has potential to be a very good one . i was prepared to drop this in a few eps or so , but it has just saved itself from it . atleast for now .

but why did i feel like they just skipped out a lot . i thought the jumbling was only for 4 eps , and this ep was supposed to be watched after the 3rd one right ? Have they actually jumbled up the content in an ep itself , rather than just eps as a whole ?

It is an amusing take on narration , but there better be a reason for this like the director said .
Jul 15, 2021 9:44 AM

May 2016
I thought when i heard they were skipping stuff they were just trolling. i actually wasn't expecting them to. LOL

Jul 15, 2021 9:46 AM

Oct 2010
'Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu' was the only series to pull 'custom air order' trick.
Because it requires insane production quality to justify. Just randomizing episode order won't suffice.
Jul 15, 2021 9:51 AM

Feb 2019
The way the timeline in this series is set up is really confusing me. Seems like we skipped an entire episode. How did Mikoto and Sally get back in touch after last week’s ep where mikoto walked off?

Cool to see the ogre side of the conflict as well, looks like they’re as scared of the peach boy/humans as they are of them. Sumeragi is definitely working for himself, and not either side tho. Reminds me of Kirei a bit.
Jul 15, 2021 11:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
.......WTF is even happening now, we went from the city destroyed to something totally unrelated in the timeline, even the characters' relationships don't make sense compared to the previous episode, they skipped so many events that it feels like I'm watching episode 8 or 9
Jul 15, 2021 11:39 AM

Feb 2009
this is how you do skip air tactic poorly, as a director

frau keeps me here, and i kinda want sally x mikoto?? i hope she chooses mikoto, of the two he seems to be the only one speaking honestly

Jul 15, 2021 11:53 AM

Nov 2013
So EP4 is supposed to be EP1, right? I'm pretty sure the director mentioned "oh, the manga readers will understand why this shift makes sense once it happens" in an interview on launch. As someone who's up-to-date on the Kodansha manga and read part of the Neetsha web release, I don't have a single clue what the fuck is he doing.

This just feels like a weird point to jump back to EP1 from, is the intent along the lines of "oh, here are these flashbacks, will they influence what Sally goes with"?
Jul 15, 2021 12:29 PM
Apr 2016
Guys, I don't know what is going on anymore. Help
Jul 15, 2021 12:45 PM

Nov 2016
Gonna start the manga because I'm actually interested in what's going on.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 15, 2021 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not into this show enough to bother with this airing out of order nonesense. Dropped
Jul 15, 2021 2:56 PM

Feb 2013
The way they are airing this is ruining the show smh
Jul 15, 2021 3:52 PM

Feb 2020
Confusion 100. No follow-up from the town that got ruined, and 0 clue who the pastor or little girl are. Not even enough screen time of Frau!

Now I'm kinda worried for the GFL adaptation, considering no staff have been announced yet, and the chances of this director aiding in its production..... eek.
Jul 15, 2021 4:01 PM

May 2015
So they jumped from chapter 5 to chapter 18 for absolutely no rhyme or reason, if I hadn't read this already it would make absolutely no sense
Jul 15, 2021 4:03 PM

Apr 2015
Just like the majority here, I feel like I am missing something in the order of events. I honestly feel like reading the manga, just so I have a better understanding of what is going on.

A pretty good episode nonetheless. Sally's new outfit is great!

Jucerino is freaking adorable, but kind of scary. She hold an incredible amount of power.

Mikoto and Sumeragi really put Sally on the spot there... She has known Mikoto a while longer and meets Sumeragi for the first time, but then again I understand that traveling with a former ogre and demihuman that she wants coexistence. This is a difficult choice for Sally!
Jul 15, 2021 4:06 PM
Apr 2016
billybub said:
So they jumped from chapter 5 to chapter 18 for absolutely no rhyme or reason, if I hadn't read this already it would make absolutely no sense
Oh, so that's the reason why it makes absolutely no sense to me...
I'm really not sure if I should keep watching since the story seems to be completely non-existent with the way it's aired
Jul 15, 2021 4:13 PM

May 2015
JanPri said:
billybub said:
Oh, so that's the reason why it makes absolutely no sense to me...
I'm really not sure if I should keep watching since the story seems to be completely non-existent with the way it's aired

Yeah this episode covers parts of 17,18, and 19. I love non linear storytelling but the way they did this makes absolutely no sense
Jul 15, 2021 4:22 PM
Jul 2018
aldiko really has two proposal to join someone that and it really is a tense situation about orgre killing.
Jul 15, 2021 5:21 PM

Nov 2014
This anime's pacing is a hot mess, why did they had to skip a whole battle/arc/scene/whatever? for what purpose? if all they had cut off was that initial part of the beggining then i would have been ok wth it, but this is already absurd.
Jul 15, 2021 7:12 PM

Oct 2008
can't take my eyes of Sally's perfect shaped BOBBA!
4/5.

Jul 15, 2021 7:19 PM

Mar 2010
Well a new little boy and girl appeared. Didn't enjoy this episode as much as the other two since there's so less bunny. Annoying to see episode focused on evil when we barely got time with the good guys.
Jul 15, 2021 8:01 PM

Mar 2016
What a great episode!!!

... Or that's what I would have written but they lost me, well not really. I'll try to watch peach boy riverside after the broadcast ends.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 15, 2021 8:43 PM

Jul 2014
What?! Is it just me or is there a big gap between the previous episode and this one? I had read about the out of order episodes and the first 2 episodes worked but I don't see the logic in skipping everything up to this episode. The episode itself was fun like the previous ones, which is why I think it's a shame they decided to make the series this way.

Sally changed her outfit. Even with the cleavage, I think I prefer the previous one.

The ogre girl is now called Carrot, you can guess who gave her that name xD. And it seems that on the journey to this point she has become more accepting towards humans.

Step aside ogre dudes! Mikoto is on a mission to save all the ogre waifus lol. I like the blonde nun but then again I wonder, what happened to bring her along?

Jucelino is adorable af!

I wonder what Sumeragi is planning since he is also using the ogres. Even if Mikoto says he wants to kill all the ogres (which he is not fully doing), it would be odd for Sally to agree to go with a complete stranger.
Jul 15, 2021 8:49 PM

Oct 2019
Honestly, if you haven't read the manga, it'd feel like they skipped an episode or something. I understand they wanting to have the broadcast order being different from the chronological one, but honestly it's a bad choice considering that most people watching this haven't read the manga. It would have been better that they stick to the chronological order and give us an ending with cliffhangers. At least we'd still anticipate for a second season and I know I'd be happier with it being that way. Nonetheless, it was another good but confusing episode overall.
Jul 15, 2021 8:57 PM

Nov 2011
Idk what everyone is confused about.
Ogres want to kill Peachboy. Hawthorne is gathering money after the town got fucked which they showed. Introduction of New Ogres. And Now Sally has to make a choice. Which she'll probably just go with her friends and not Mikoto or Sumeragi because thats just how it is.
I thought it was an okay episode.

Now we'll go back to how the show really starts next week.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 15, 2021 9:21 PM
Jun 2016
Inugirlz said:

Clearly some a lot of content has been skipped or something because nothing makes sense. I started episode 3 wondering if I missed an episode or something.

Peach Boy is definitely failing the 3 episode ruling. I'll give it one more episode but honestly this shit isn't amusing. I have no attachment or like of anyone...except for Frau who is hard to dislike.

The anime is airing out of chronological order because the manga doesn't have a good stopping point and they wanted to avoid an anime original ending and fillers since the author was also not interested in writing an ending for the anime. This was a terrible decision in my opinion. As last episode animated ch5-6 and skipped forward to ch19 which is today's episode. We missed a lot of content of what happened in between like Sally's change of clothes, a not so depressed Hawthorn, Karrot being friends with the group despite killing people I'm the last episode, Mikoto and the blonde companion, Sally and Mikoto having a their 3rd reunion(yes third because the anime has not aired the 2nd) and Sally having this goal to keep everyone of all races in Harmony(which from a development standpoint came out of no where because it was not expressed enough yet).

This idea of airing out of order was a mistake and director thought he could get away with this by calling them flashbacks, and that it will all work out in the end, but what's the point when people will start to drop it before it gets there? In retrospective, I would wait until all the episodes are aired and then watch them in order or read the manga. The anime can miss me with this mismatch puzzle nonsense.
Jul 15, 2021 10:09 PM

Oct 2016
Really good episode! Really enjoyed it. The achronological airing order doesn't really bother me, I think it's interesting. Aside from missing gaps that they'll show in later episodes, it's pretty easy to understand. It's better to judge this airing order once the season is finished, plus once it's finished you can simply just piece the episodes together chronologically.

I am really liking the characters in the show, can't wait to see that ogre boy that likes Meki get clapped by Mikoto lmao. Juselino is adorable, though she seems very dangerous lmao, better be careful Hawthorn. The best choice for Sally would be to choose no one, Mikoto is too radical and Sumeragi is shady as fuck, so the best option for Sally would be herself. Looks like next episode will be how Mikoto and Sally met, really looking forward to that.
Jul 15, 2021 10:18 PM

Jan 2017
Wow, this adaptation is pretty terrible, not sure what the director was smoking when coming up with this "great" idea.

At least we can watch ep4 next week, thanks to the Chronological Order version...
Jul 15, 2021 10:29 PM

Jul 2009
Moonlitcritter said:
Inugirlz said:

The anime is airing out of chronological order because the manga doesn't have a good stopping point and they wanted to avoid an anime original ending and fillers since the author was also not interested in writing an ending for the anime. This was a terrible decision in my opinion. As last episode animated ch5-6 and skipped forward to ch19 which is today's episode. We missed a lot of content of what happened in between like Sally's change of clothes, a not so depressed Hawthorn, Karrot being friends with the group despite killing people I'm the last episode, Mikoto and the blonde companion, Sally and Mikoto having a their 3rd reunion(yes third because the anime has not aired the 2nd) and Sally having this goal to keep everyone of all races in Harmony(which from a development standpoint came out of no where because it was not expressed enough yet).

This idea of airing out of order was a mistake and director thought he could get away with this by calling them flashbacks, and that it will all work out in the end, but what's the point when people will start to drop it before it gets there? In retrospective, I would wait until all the episodes are aired and then watch them in order or read the manga. The anime can miss me with this mismatch puzzle nonsense.

Ah that makes sense then. I was just telling my friend all the points that make episode 3 confusing.

Like how is Hawthorn so bubbly when his home just got destroyed? We literally don’t see a second of him being depressed. What does he think? Does he want revenge? Is he just sad? It’s hard to believe he’s just indifferent and only cares about making money to survive.

Sally’s new outfit unexplained or shown.
Oni girl being so friendly with everyone and seeming to appreciate humans suddenly

The masked oni, Ao, having never been seen fighting with Mikoto

The girl with Mikoto! Where’s the dog? She’s an ex-oni too? How? When did this happen?

So much is missing. This is terrible storytelling.
Jul 15, 2021 11:33 PM
Feb 2021
Ashhk said:
.......WTF is even happening now, we went from the city destroyed to something totally unrelated in the timeline, even the characters' relationships don't make sense compared to the previous episode, they skipped so many events that it feels like I'm watching episode 8 or 9

hehe, fun thing to note. considering how they changed the upload sequence, you probably are. this was like, 15 chapters ahead of the previous episodes
Jul 15, 2021 11:51 PM

Aug 2008
I don't really care about jumbled timeline, since this show doesn't seem to have particularly complicated story but the whole episode I felt like animation quality took a noticeable dip. Addition of pointless loli character doesn't bode well either. Hope it won't end like Mashito no Oto, i. e. solid opening episode just to turn out to be below average crap.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 16, 2021 12:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
royalnobody said:
Ashhk said:

hehe, fun thing to note. considering how they changed the upload sequence, you probably are. this was like, 15 chapters ahead of the previous episodes
I really don't understand the point of doing that, I just can't appreciate because of the broadcast order, even though it seems good
Jul 16, 2021 2:11 AM

Dec 2019
one thing I will commend this show on is it's ost, it's really good and really helps set the tones of the scenes where the direction is sometimes lacking
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2021

51 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:04 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

29 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2021

72 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 4:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.