Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 9, 2021 9:28 PM
Apr 2021
Why is the show not considered good because of its ending?
I get it that the villain wasn't done properly but with that tiny bit of a flaw I don't think it makes that much of a difference.

And also I see people ERASED would have been a 9 but due to the ending it is a 6 I mean does the ending make that much of a difference ?.
Jul 9, 2021 9:42 PM
Dec 2020
Kayo. But I've seen other people say that the show was already "bad" before the ending which was the icing on the cake for them.
Jul 9, 2021 9:44 PM

Jan 2020
Even outside of this series, a conclusion of a story has the ability to either damage the series or improve the overall experience and it so happened that it was the former for many in this case.

Jul 9, 2021 9:48 PM
Jun 2021
The only thing I found bad about the ending is that it imposes that he got with the delivery girl in the end but they have like a 10 year age difference and she's like 16...
Jul 9, 2021 9:49 PM

Oct 2020
Thr ending was weak, thr way the story went it felt really amazing, it could've touched 9 if thr ending was made perfect, i didn't like the ending, it felt same as the AOT ending which is Boooooooooo,
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Jul 9, 2021 10:00 PM
Jun 2020
Personally i haven't satisfied with it's ending.The amount of hype and thrill it created from it's story and execution, was all ruined by the average ending . Although it was a pretty good series ,i liked it👍
Jul 9, 2021 10:34 PM
Dec 2020
I want opinion from a manga reader, did they left some important parts like tokyo ghoul or its the exact same in manga too.
Jul 9, 2021 10:50 PM

Jan 2013
my bet its because he did not end with the main girl , personally i didnt care and really enjoyed the show and ending as well
Jul 9, 2021 11:24 PM
May 2019
Predator23 said:
I want opinion from a manga reader, did they left some important parts like tokyo ghoul or its the exact same in manga too.

They cut the entire fourth volume out. In the manga the confrontation doesn't happen at the hospital at all and instead happens a while after he's been discharged.
Jul 9, 2021 11:31 PM

Jan 2021
ujjwaladitya09 said:
I get it that the villain wasn't done properly but with that tiny bit of a flaw I don't think it makes that much of a difference.

And also I see people ERASED would have been a 9 but due to the ending it is a 6 I mean does the ending make that much of a difference ?.

I'd honestly give it a 8-9 myself, mainly because i found the villain reveal and coma stuff pretty underwhelming.
I really liked how they didn't give us a cheesy ending with Kayo waiting for Satoru to get up and instead moving on in her own life. That's really bittersweet and yet feels so realistic. I like endings like that.
Jul 9, 2021 11:36 PM
Mar 2021
ujjwaladitya09 said:

hell id give it a 5 for it’s horrible side cast. Bland and boring. They felt like voices and not characters
Jul 9, 2021 11:41 PM
Dec 2020
i only lowered it to an 8 because of the ending, but it would’ve gotten a 10. it’s not that the ending is bad but rather very disappointing, we all felt betrayed by the path the creator took.
Jul 9, 2021 11:51 PM
Mar 2021
Well, until last 2-3 episodes this was a 10/10 for me. Suspense was there the entire time, kids spending time together and doing stuff scenes were wholesome and there was sadness with Kayo. It was perfect i blew through all in one sitting. But ending didn't really satisfied me so i gave it a 9/10. I've seen some people saying "manga ending is better and more satisfying" so right now i'm reading it from the start.
Jul 9, 2021 11:54 PM
Nov 2020
Predator23 said:

I didn't read the manga but I know it's very different. They changed so much the ending and in my opinion it was very very bad. I recommend the series live action, it's almost the same story as the manga (I watched some videos that people said that).
Jul 10, 2021 12:23 AM
Oct 2017
the ending of any show is the conclusion of the story where every plot element comes together, its not like a bad arc in a shounen anime, the ending is nearly the most important part of a story

(spoiler warning)

and im sorry but youre missing some brain cells if you didn't see that the teacher was clearely the killer, because of how much they drew his face but tried to 'hide' it by only showing half of his face
Jul 10, 2021 12:35 AM
Mar 2019
I gave it a 9 because everything before the ending was almost masterful in suspense and writing.However the ending just comes out of nowhere with no explanation or build up.Someone said tvey cut the entire 4th volume out which is something you should really not do.AT ALL.
ujjwaladitya09 said:

Jul 10, 2021 12:36 AM
Feb 2021
The ending is such a vital part of an anime. This show went from an 8 to a 5 for me because of that ending. The villain was predictable and his conclusion was terrible lol, the romance subplot between the mc and the girl from the past lead nowhere, it seems like the only reason for that younger girl to exist was so the mc wouldn’t end alone lol. Everything just happened so fast at the ending and it was so bad executed.
Jul 10, 2021 2:08 AM

Apr 2021
I didn't like the fact that they started off with his mothers murder and him trying to prove himself innocent. But then he never even returns to that timeline. I mean why even focus so much on a part if it had nothing to do with anyway?
I love Monogatari Series
Jul 10, 2021 2:09 AM

Jan 2021
I didnt had any problem with Ending but

Kayo getting married with a person that we didnt even knew is gay or straight for half the show ? Wtf ?
Jul 10, 2021 3:39 AM
Mar 2021
ujjwaladitya09 said:

ending do make difference if ending was not that important than fmab will like 8.6/10 mal rating devilman crybaby was 6/10 before the end to me but the end makes it 9/10
Jul 10, 2021 4:59 AM

Aug 2020
It didn't affect my enjoyment/experience that much. I do think the ending had lots of flaws and was bad overall
Jul 10, 2021 5:06 AM
Apr 2021
The good or bad if talk to right people but it bad for me in my opinion
Jul 10, 2021 5:26 AM
Feb 2021
certifiedbinger said:

I really liked how they didn't give us a cheesy ending with Kayo waiting for Satoru to get up and instead moving on in her own life. That's really bittersweet and yet feels so realistic. I like endings like that.

Same for me. Endings like this are better than giving a cheesy one.
Jul 10, 2021 5:29 AM
Dec 2020
Nithin1729 said:
I didn't like the ending either. They unnecessarily shipped Kayo and saturo. Kayo marrying Saturo's friend hiromi was unacceptable.

When did they ship Kayo and Satoru? Just because someone wants to save someone's life doesn't mean they have to be in love with them. Kayo marrying Satoru's friend was not unacceptable in the slightest.
Jul 10, 2021 5:52 AM

Jun 2021
Your killer is waiting for you 15 years and says "yes, I can't live without you"

Your gf is not waiting for you married a trap and says "hello and this is my child "
Uhh

Dude should've just married his teacher, much more loyal
Jul 10, 2021 5:53 AM

Jan 2021
I hated the ending so much, besides the ending it's a masterpiece for me. I loved every single frame up until the end.
Jul 10, 2021 6:01 AM

Jan 2020
What they did to the murder mystery was shitty imo

BTW, This is probably the most show I've ever seen that people (even non shippers) got angry at their ship not sailing, I always thought that shipping was a relatively small and goofy part of the community, That most people who just like good writing don't think about that much

I was really surprised that people just REALLY wanted Kayo and Saturo together even though he got closer to her so he can save her, Being that angry about a ship in thriller/mystery show seems really odd to me.
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Jul 10, 2021 7:47 AM
Jul 2020
After taking of her and sheltering her wtf😠😡😠🤬
Jul 10, 2021 10:04 AM
Oct 2020
People who saw Erased as a murder mystery found it disappointing. I think part of this misconception of the show was due to manga readrrs + overhype trains. I thought the ending was a pretty fitting thematic conclusion
Jul 10, 2021 3:08 PM
Aug 2019
ujjwaladitya09 said:

Eh, only some people are like that. I think the rating on MAL clearly shows that most people on here think it’s good.
Jul 10, 2021 5:03 PM
Apr 2021

i totally agree. it felt way more realistic that kayo ended up with somebody else besides satoru. even though he saved her life that doesn’t make her obligated to wait to live her life until he wakes up. furthermore they were like little kids so its always really weird to me when people complain about kayo being disloyal or something like bruh they’re literally like small children lol
Jul 12, 2021 12:22 AM

Feb 2020
I just finished rewatching it and I have no idea what's supposed to be wrong with the end.
Jul 12, 2021 12:26 AM

Feb 2020
The villain honestly isn't the problem for these peple. It's the coma and how everyone around him moved on in life without him (his ''love interest'' marrying his best friend)

i honestly do not understand why people drop the rating that low just because of the ending that isn't even that bad, but i've seen that done more freqently recently and stopped questioning it lol

tysm iva-🐢💜

Jul 12, 2021 12:30 AM

Jan 2020
Maybe people didn't like the villain's motives? Or maybe found it not very convincing?

I wouldn't know. I am not mad with how it ended. I was happy both the MC and his mom survived. Plus regardless of how it ended, the concept of time travel was very well done and consistent in my opinion.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jul 12, 2021 3:33 AM
Jan 2021
My man gets cucked so bad 😩
Jul 12, 2021 3:18 PM
Mar 2017
The ending is considered bad in my opinion for variable amount of reasons number one the bad guy doesn't get caught to the Mc in the end gets nothing I mean literally nothing yes he saved his friends but the one possible clear chemistry main heroine just goes and has baby with another guy and leaves the Mc then the ending leaves some unloose Knotts like what becomes of his life and being stuck with a heroine who we literally have less character development then that of an action fan service harem anime, but that doesn't mean the show itself was bad nor the written material necessarily keep in mind this was the first sort of anime to follow/ do something similar to the live action movie the butterfly effect
Jul 13, 2021 3:43 AM
Oct 2020
Wtf? This Anime is masterpiece and ending is excellent too.
Why so hate?
Jul 20, 2021 9:59 PM

Jun 2020
I'm sure that everyone hates it coz eventhough he did so many things to save her life and she never knows that and marry with another person..that pissed so many people and even myself!!!
Jul 22, 2021 3:24 AM
Mar 2019
the ending could make or break a manga for me. for example, the final chapter of AOT made my score drop from a 9 to a 5.
Jul 30, 2021 10:05 AM

Nov 2013
Mikey-Kun_ said:
I'm sure that everyone hates it coz eventhough he did so many things to save her life and she never knows that and marry with another person..that pissed so many people and even myself!!!

People often forget that MC didn't save Kayo to "build" himself a future wife. He simply wanted to save a girl who was abused + destined to die. Never in the anime did MC ever show he had romantic feelings for her or desired "reward" from her in return. He did blush often, but that's more "virgin male" uncontrolled reaction, rather than a controlled "I'm falling in love" reaction.

Also, some people suggested that Kayo should've waited for MC forever. That's very harsh thing to demand from someone. MC may have never woken up. Though I understand why most people would've been sattissfied with average happy ending such as MC getting Kayo. Wouldn't it be disturbing though? A grown-ass man time-traveled and made an elementary school girl fall in love with him...

What matters is both Kayo and MC were HAPPY at the end.

The only bad part was the execution of final showdown in my opinion. Manga did it way better. Anime kind-of rushed it and simplified it. Hence why I stopped at 9/10 instead of 10/10.
Jul 30, 2021 9:03 PM

Jun 2020
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Mikey-Kun_ said:

People often forget that MC didn't save Kayo to "build" himself a future wife. He simply wanted to save a girl who was abused + destined to die. Never in the anime did MC ever show he had romantic feelings for her or desired "reward" from her in return. He did blush often, but that's more "virgin male" uncontrolled reaction, rather than a controlled "I'm falling in love" reaction.

Also, some people suggested that Kayo should've waited for MC forever. That's very harsh thing to demand from someone. MC may have never woken up. Though I understand why most people would've been sattissfied with average happy ending such as MC getting Kayo. Wouldn't it be disturbing though? A grown-ass man time-traveled and made an elementary school girl fall in love with him...

What matters is both Kayo and MC were HAPPY at the end.

The only bad part was the execution of final showdown in my opinion. Manga did it way better. Anime kind-of rushed it and simplified it. Hence why I stopped at 9/10 instead of 10/10.
I didn't say that it's not trash..I'm saying the reason why everyone pissed at the ending and eventhough I don't say it is so bad so I will give less ratings...but its a flaw and yeah you can see my ratings I did give erased a 9/10..I'm not saying it's trash but it can do better than this!
Jul 31, 2021 10:06 AM

Nov 2020
I don't think the ending really lowered the experience for me, but instead stopped it from becoming one of my favourites because with a perfect last episode I could easily see it getting a much higher score. The ending wasn't necessarily bad, just a bit bland and rushed.
Aug 15, 2021 7:40 PM
Feb 2021
ujjwaladitya09 said:

i like the ending just because I want him to be end up with airi but, instead of that they show kayo with a baby,I mean what was the importance of baby and he doesn't like her so it's not like she betrey her or something.
Ratings doesn't matter only enjoyment does.
Masterpiece or mid, generic or fresh,best or worst are all subjective
Eren is goat,and aot is still a masterpiece (eg.subjective opinion)

Sep 2, 2021 12:06 PM
May 2021
The ending was definitly garbage, but it was also going downhill after 8 episodes.
Sep 4, 2021 7:20 PM

Mar 2021
I thought the ending was okay, not spectacular, but I didn't really have any problems with it.

A lot of people were too fixated on Satoru and Kayo becoming a couple. I am actuallly fine with them not going down that route though. Honestly, it would have been creepy putting them together. We need to remember that even though Satoru went back in time and became a kid again, he still had an adults mind. It would have been really creepy for him to develop romantic feelings towards Kayo. I much prefer the idea of him feeling protective of her because he is an adult and she is a child.

mazuchi said:
I just finished rewatching it and I have no idea what's supposed to be wrong with the end.

There is no "wrong end"
Aug 22, 2022 6:17 AM

Jun 2021
For me this anime was ended at ep 9

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1398 by Layreur84 »»
Yesterday, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

616 by bakakisima »»
Apr 10, 1:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.