Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 29, 2016 7:02 PM

Apr 2013
This was a beautiful and poignant ending to one of my favorite anime/manga series from Rumiko Takahashi. This was one hell of a journey and I (mostly) loved every second of it. While "The Final Act" was a bit rushed at times trying to cram in all the main events left from the manga, I'm just glad that everything was nicely wrapped up here with proper conclusions for everyone rather than leaving things to the viewer's imagination (aka the opposite of Ranma). And we finally got to see "the kiss" that we've all been waiting 193 episodes for.

Now, I just have to finish Maison Ikkoku and Urusei Yatsura to complete my Rumiko bucket-list binge...
dankzelMar 29, 2016 7:11 PM
Mar 31, 2016 12:46 AM

Aug 2012
conankudo4 said:
I loved how the official subs left on 2 Japanese commercials after the ep for no reason (one for an Inuyasha DVD contest, and another for "Working!") XD

It hit all of the points that I could think of except one: Is it possible that KAgome can return to her world as she pleases, like before? Or is she just stuck on the feudal era side of the well?

I am not sure if she can or not. The author kinda made it obvious that Kagome remains in the feudal era and does not go through the well again. To quote her "the hardest part was deciding if Kagome remains in her world or in feudal Japan. Either way a separation would take place." This kinda makes it clear she does not go back to visit her family. I think that the well does not work anymore. It worked because of the Shikon no Tama. The last time it worked was because the author wanted e happy ending. I do not think it works anymore.
nightcrawlercypMar 31, 2016 1:13 AM
Mar 31, 2016 12:48 AM

Aug 2012
DarcyD said:
Kouga married Ayame?

Sango had three kids!?

Sesshomaru is still in love with Rin? ...Vice-versa?

Kagome is now related to Sesshomaru through marriage, very funny the whole 'onee-sama!' thing.

What a great ending!

to be fair Sesshomaru and Rin have a father-daughter relation not romantic.
Mar 31, 2016 12:50 AM

Aug 2012
ShinLore said:
i still think inuyasha should of became full human i mean he will live alot longer then kagome so he'll be alone later on right or only full demons can live like a thousand years?Ohwell still a good end....

why? there are lot sof times when people outlive their spouse. it is just the way things are. Also supposing they will have a family he would not be alone would he?
Mar 31, 2016 1:03 AM

Aug 2012
mylovelyfate said:
I actually finished this anime like, 2 years ago, but I decided that I wanted to say something about it now.

No one can shake the feelings that I have for this series. SO MUCH CLOSURE. I have been with this anime since I was in grade 6, and now I'm in college. What the fuck happened? Where'd the time go? This was the anime to get me into anime, and I'm very grateful for this show. Wow, thinking about this show is such a trip. Nostalgia x 9000. I think I'm gonna watch through the Final Act again, just for the hell of it...

--
edit: Just finished rewatching the Final Act, haah. The ending makes me cry, but it's 95% because of nostalgia and closure. When they started playing the OP at the ending, I was like ;_; oh man. It makes me feel like I'm 11 again, rushing to the TV every Friday for back/ back episodes with my brother. How times have changed. This anime, coupled with a few other things, is the epitome of my childhood. It may not be the best anime out there, and I can admit that--I've seen better all rounded anime, but it's still one of my favorites. The philosophy on that's a little wigged out, but hey. Goddamn, I wish I was 11 again, where I spent Friday nights watching Inuyasha and not drinking. The fuck does everyone want to grow up for?

ONTO THE EPISODE: One of the happiest things in this episode imo, is Midoriko FINALLLY reaching her freedom. Out of all of them, I felt the most sorry for her. When she was finally able to put her sword back in its sheath, I shed a few tears. She fucking deserved it more than anyone. I liked how they showed Naraku with human feelings. Finally. Although I don't feel bad for him whatsoever, it was nice to know that the human heart of Onigumo was still well. Sango's still got quite the body after delivering 3 children, haha. And I doubt she's only become a housewife, I'm sure she'll fight again when her little ones grow up. Whether she'll bring her children into demon slaying is completely up in the air. It'd be nice, but she has had so much pain from that profession, she might try to stay away from it. As for Rin and Sesshomaru.... ahhhhh ~.. It always weirded me out a tad when people shipped them two because she's like 8, but they wouldn't be too bad after she grows up a little. The fact that he still comes to see her, and give her things says A LOT about Sesshomaru's character. Out of all the characters over this almost 200 episode run, he's certainly developed the most. He still has a huge ass pride, but his heart is finally capable of emotion. I thank Rin for that; showing him that humans aren't that bad. Onto Kagome and Inuyasha: finally a fucking kiss. I wish it was a more passionate one, but hey, you take what you can get. It had me laughing though, and I had to replay it twice because it was like: *kiss* NOW ONTO BUSINESS. Not even a second after their kiss did they have time to think. The 'right wish' for the Shikon no Tama was so obvious I can't believe they didn't think of it earlier. What other wish would banish the Shikon no Tama forever than "I wish to banash the Shikon Jewel forever"? Lol. OH 15 YEAR OLDS; gotta love 'em. I'm pretty sure that Kagome can't pass freely from one world to the next. Once the jewel was gone, she eventually had to pick one. Did she pick right? That's a tough call. Obviously being with Inuyasha is what she wants, but abandoning her life on the other side of the well is sort of sad. I feel so bad for her family. Kagomes mom is incredible for being so selfless and letting Kagome go. If I was in that position, I'd probably say, "....... Do you have to.....? Well okay.... I guess if that's what you really want........ feel free to stay, though..... we're cooking your favorite food tonight....." But seriously, think about it: a world where you have no idea how your daughter's doing. You have no idea when she dies, has children, etc. If I was a mom I couldn't do it. It's almost like Kagome's dead. I feel bad for Souta having to grow up sister-less. Grandpa's not going to live that much longer, so soon it'd just be Souta and Mom. How incredibly heartbreaking. It must be tough for Kagome as well, knowing all that she's giving up. Inuyasha must be mighty fucking important to her, haha. If I was in Kagome's position, I'd probably stay in modern day. It's shitty that she has to chose, but feudal day just doesn't appeal to me too much :P. Yeah, there's Inuyasha and friends, but after living in modern Japan for 15 years, getting used to living pretty much off the grid would e difficult. On top of which, I couldn't get used to the demons. AND WHAT WOULD I DO FOR ENTERTAINMENT?! WATCH ANIME? FUUUUcck that. But to go back on all that I just said, if she didn't reunite with Inuyasha I'd be pissed as fuck.

On a completely different side note: has anyone wondered how all of the demons got completely wiped out? They're obviously not in modern day Japan, so was there some sort of Demon apocalypse? Lol. And are Kikyo and Kagome in the same bloodline? Because if so, I have 0 idea how that would work.

/END OF RANT

they did not completely wiped out. Most of them retreated to the underworld. Also the ones that stayed learned that messing with humans beyond ocasional pranks (kitsune) is something they should not do. yokai in Inuyasha can be divided in 3 categories: those that consume humans (which have been banned/slayed/died of starvation), those that are somewhat benevolent to humans (very rare and will probably have short lives) and those that did not really care about humans either way (mostly retreated to the underworld) . Anyway the main idea is that all those demons appeared as a result of the war filled feudal era. Apparently all the murders and negative emotions associated with war both feed and in some cases give birth to yokai. Once all the fighting stopped some yokai moved back to the underworld (because no more food) and some were killed. Others more benevolent were enshrined and treated as guardians. I think the only type of yokai that was unaffected by the end of war period were the kitsune which were mostly prankers.
Mar 31, 2016 1:12 AM

Aug 2012
AveryDullboy said:
Pros:

The after stories.

Kagome and Inuyasha had an actually well-done kiss.

Kagome graduated High School.

Kagome calling Sesshomaru "big brother".

Cons:

Naraku went out like a total chump.

I pretty much predicted the end of the conflict with the Shikon Jewel, like, literally called every part of the first half of this episode step by step.

Kagura and Kanna still dead, despite numerous trips to the underworld, where they could've been brought back. Or SOMETHING. And I don't want to hear shit about what Byakuya said about "I'm an incarnation of Naraku, I die when he dies." That could mean anything. I could get into the actual physics about how once created, they could never truly be "un-created". But it is simpler to say: they may be incarnations, but they have their own individual hearts, souls, existences. They may have started off as pieces of Naraku's soul, but they could not function in completion unless they matured into unique entities. That's like how all of mankind extends from a single starting point in existence, and we are all technically related, but each individual is his/her own person. Kagura and Kanna died alone, as their own beings. If you aren't going to bring them back, at least give a damn good explanation as to WHY. With the show consistently giving the middle finger to "realism", I'm not feeling the whole "consequence of mortality" thing, especially when they have introduced tools to do, and have actually done what I wanted to see (seriously, people coming back from the dead is a central theme to this series). What it seemed like the show was laying the road to...until I realized it was likely not going to happen. Sometimes I hate being right. These were good characters who deserved better endings.

I called it on episode 23--Sango willing to kill Rin in an OBVIOUS trap/illusion, which could've actually risked the ENTIRE WORLD, for reasons that had no chance of panning out...nobody discussed that. No reprimand. It wasn't even brought up! Not even her offering her life to Sesshomaru like she said she would, which would've made a good scene. I'm sure Sesshomaru would've forgiven her for just being stupid; a stupid, hopelessly self-absorbed human who puts the lives of others at risk unnecessarily. Which for sure makes her and Miroku perfect for one another, because throughout the Final Act they are revealed to both be dangerously retarded. I feel sorry for their kids. I would've regained so much respect for series if Sesshomaru cut them both down and said: "there, you've been trying to die together this whole time, wish granted. You can spend eternity in Hell together--blessed be your union. Fools." But no, nobody brought it up; not Sango, or Kohaku, or Sesshomaru, nobody asked what Naraku meant before about her feeling guilty--jack shit. Like the author realized she fucked up and couldn't write a good resolution for that. So she just skipped over it.

What TsundereHeart said in her comment. Made worse by Inuyasha using yet ANOTHER MEDO INSIDE OF A MEDO to go to Kagome from within the SAME INNER VERSE (Shikon No Tama)! Seriously, does he have the Tessaiga in this episode or Kuwabara's Jigen Tou? Because that'd be a lot less confusing, excusing the confusion of how he got the Dimensional Blade. More like the それ牙をファック, Sore Kiba o Fakku; a sword which cleaves through rules, and banishes consistency to the "'Fuck It!' Realm". When swung through the plot, the sword makes this sound: "convenience!" And Kagome making it back to Inuyasha to spend the rest of their lives together, lovely tho that was, is also an epic head-scratcher. I mean, honestly, we are just supposed to go: "True Love breaks down all barriers! Spiritual ('Fuck It!') powers are beyond comprehension! Affections touching across time! Awwwww..."

Everything else was fine. I mean, ple-hen-ty of room for prequels and spin-offs galore, but not bad for the main shebang.

Ultimately, good series, but I'm disappointed in the Final Act as a whole. So many things could've been done so much better, and/or could've been better explained...or explained at all. I LIKED this ending, overall. It was good, but I can't look past shit leading up to this. I'm just glad I finished it.

I think I can explain Byakuya to you. Except for Kagura and in some ways Kanna they were all entirely devoted to Naraku as in to the death. Maybe Hakudoshi was against him but it is difficult to say it because the child was Naraku's heart. Also Naraku had all their hearts. When he died their hearts were destroyed. You also complain Naraku dying as a chump. Well he was one. He could not accept being rejected by Kykyo and in an attempt to obtain her he become a puppet of Shikon no Tama. For all the scheming and manipulation he did he was himself manipulated by the Shikon. I found Kagome's question to him priceless: "Did the jewel grant your wish?" and his response "No, but I have made a new wish which is the wish of the jewel itself". Naraku was controlled by the jewel.
Apr 12, 2016 10:24 AM

Jun 2015
I finally got here. I saw the end. This feeling can't be described. Oh Sango and Miroku are living happily and the twins are so cute. I finally lived to see Inuyasha and Kagome kiss.

And this picture, this one picture it's worth all the trouble

If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 2, 2016 4:17 PM
Jun 2016
Guys! Kagome won't die- at least not of old age. She will always be 18. If you have watched the third movie, Totosai says that Kagome doesn't age when she is in the Feudal Era, because she is not from that time. So, hurray!
Jun 14, 2016 11:52 AM

May 2009
This has been a journey. After years, I have finally finished Inuyasha. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! This ending totally worked for me. After years of being a fan, I am satisfied. ☺️
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
Jun 21, 2016 10:21 PM

Jun 2016
I cried D: I can't even handle what I just saw... That was a beautiful ending to a very important chapter of my childhood. I loved that, though I am so saddened it is finally over :( I will never be as attached to another anime as I was this one, Inuyasha will always have a place in my heart!
Feb 17, 2017 3:01 AM

Dec 2016
wow, i don't know what to do with my life now that it's finally over lmao :')
i'm a sucker for happy endings though so this was really nice

aside from the obvious being happy for inuyasha and kagome's relationship, i also wanna show big appreciation for:
sesshomaru's character development ~ he's come such a long way from being cold and aloof and hating humans to now peacefully coexisting with them and even favoring one and bringing rin gifts all the time - my gosh, he's practically gone full dere <3
and kagome's mom ~ i can't believe how accepting and supportive she's been throughout this whole series, and telling kagome she understands and giving her blessing to go be with inuyasha just so her daughter is happy is such an incredibly selfless sacrifice and out of anything sweet anyone's done for another in this whole show that is probably the thing that tugs at my feels the most. i'm tearing up right now just thinking about it tbh i wish kagome's mom got more of the love she deserves because she's just such a good person i don't know how she does it

but anyway, this was such a sweet happy ending, and even though i STILL WANT M O R E it offered some nice closure as well as some priceless funny moments (whenever i feel bad now i will replay that clip of sesshy and inu's reaction to kagome calling him brother XD)
Feb 23, 2017 7:36 PM

Feb 2010
I've been avoiding this ending for so long. Now I'm heartbroken. Inuyasha was my first anime obsession and man was I obsessed. I know if it hadn't been for this series I wouldn't be the same person I am. It pretty much introduced me to anime. When I heard the final act came out I was excited to watch it until I realized that it was the end. When I finished it..it's overdo halfway through I stopped watching I decided that after so many years it was gone for me to finish it. Endings are the worst. I feel empty and depressed. It made me cry so much. It's like saying goodbye to a close friend. It was beautiful though 😭😭😭
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Sep 15, 2017 6:00 AM

May 2016
sad sad sad inuyasha is ending now so sad :'( but the story 10/10 one of my favorites anime
I don't care
Dec 19, 2017 6:46 AM

Apr 2009
So how did Kagome came back to Feudal era?

7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2018 5:13 PM

Sep 2011
Really good ending, and one where everyone's happy. Best moments were the kiss and Kagome calling Sesshomaru "Onii-san" :'D

I have some mixed feelings about the show. On one hand I really liked the main characters (including Sesshomaru and his gang), the beautiful music, the great art style and things like the action and most of the story. Inuyasha and Kagome made this show for me, their interactions were great most of the time, and I also especially liked Sesshomaru's development as a character.

On the other, I hated Kikyo with all my heart. I posted about it numerous times, but I really dislike her and how they use her. I would have been fine with her coming back for like the first 30-50 episodes at max, but certainly not this much. Her sole purpose was to fustrate everyone including Inuyasha, Kagome and viewers like me :/ Even if I put aside her op powers, she didn't really do all that much apart from wanting to kill Inuyasha at first, then being a bitch who steals the souls of the dead and continously shows coldness towards everyone who would actually care about her. I know, she was dead, she is full of sorrow and things like that, but that doesn't mean that you can just be a doucebag to everyone and not even appreciate or thank others when they help you (like Kagome). If you want to destroy Naraku then perhaps don't give him the fucking Shikon no Tama and maaaaaybe try to help Inuyasha and don't be a useless lone wolf... I really don't feel like she ever achieved anything that Kagome couldn't have (from a plot perspective), including things like that speck of light and Kohaku's (unnecessary) revival.

I'm also mad that Inuyasha never actually chose Kagome, which feels weird with her now kind of being a "2nd option" even if I'm sure he truly did love both girls. I would have appreciated if at one point he declared that he would choose Kagome, then maybe show sadness when Kikyo finally dies. Still, I'm just glad that things worked out and Kagome can now be happy with Inuyasha. I felt bad for her so many times...

Fillers. There were quite a lot, and not just the ones that were anime-original. It's typical in shounens, and there were a few that were good, but I would have liked the anime more with less unnecessary fillers that didn't really develop anyone, and which sometimes ruined the pacing. Some of the present-day episodes felt weird while the ongoing threat of Naraku was still there, though I can understand Kagome's reasons for coming back, and I did actually like many of these episodes, especially those that involved Inuyasha coming there as well.

My final problem was Naraku himself. I never truly understood how he became what he was, apart from him being a regular human who had evil thoughts (Woah! Truly demonic!) and for some weird reason could take control of the hundreds of demons that wanted to devour him... Still, it would have been okay if he wasn't such a lame boss 80% of the time. The only things he was good at was manipulation, and that's about it. Oh, and running away.... I was pretty annoyed about him constantly being so fucking smug even while he was running away, with another minion of his being defeated. All he did was absorb more and more demons (god knows how), then with all his so called power send some minions against Inuyasha and/or Sesshomaru, then escape when they died. He never really achieved anything apart from finally killing Kikyo after like 170 episodes. Good job! :'D
I feel like he could have been okay if he wasn't always in the background doing nothing and just sending minions after minions and absorbing demons. Him being partially human and thus flawed cause of his jealousy would have been fine as a trait, but with nothing truly worthy to show for all his supposed power, I just felt like he was lame from beginning to end. Okay-ish at best... :/

Considering all these I still enjoyed the anime quite a lot, but I wish it had less episodes and some plot changes concerning Kikyo and Naraku, then it could have been much better. I'm giving both parts a 7/10.
RazielZeroFeb 11, 2018 5:18 PM
Apr 7, 2018 12:45 AM

May 2013
A big part of my childhood is finally over, have been watching this show for 14 years. It was cute and great to see them kiss. And for everything to end pretty happily. I've really enjoyed the last 2 episodes. I've gotten bored of InuYasha since it's so long, but it'll always be one of my favourite animes at it's peak. Finally, I'm done with it. Thanks for the memories <3

Aug 30, 2019 12:22 AM

Jul 2015
So this is the end, and I must say pretty satisfying. She made the right decision by destroying the jewel.

Nice to see Sango and Miroku are married and have three children and Kagome making the decision to stay in the other world with Inuyasha, pretty sad for Kagome's family in the modern world.

At least this got a good end instead of ending in a cliffhanger.

Apr 17, 2020 12:50 PM

Aug 2011
I have to appreciate AveryDullboy's rant - I lot of things didn't make sense, some seemed damned near impossible, and others were downright wrong.

mylovelyfate makes a good point regarding Midoriko. I so enjoyed that her soul was finally free; to me, it was the most epic thing about the ending. I loved seeing Miroku with a family, and papa Sesshy visiting (or rather dropping off a gift) Rin, although I kind of figured that was going happen after she died again and his mother revived her. The thought of Kouga and Ayame kind set the tone and cheers to the two main characters for finally coming together. You two truly deserve each other, and yes... that is sarcasm.

An enjoyable ride, the outcome was as expected.
Jun 26, 2020 5:12 PM
Apr 2018
The ending had the closure but nothing much to me. Naraku's battle was one of the most disappointing I've seen.

This pretty much ended how I (and I think everyone else) was expecting it would. I felt absolutely nothing and I was really into Inuyasha 6, 5 years ago. I will always dislike Miroku x Sango and Inu x Kagome; Wolf Girl seemed to be a much better character. At least, Kikyou will stop being used, she deserved better. 4/10
Aug 3, 2020 4:54 PM

May 2020
Okay, where's Moroha?
Aug 25, 2020 3:40 PM
Aug 2020
Whatever you want to say about the strengths and weaknesses in this series, which I fully acknowledge all of them, I was a huge fan for about 180 episodes. I never watched Final Act until 2020, so I could never understand how such a great, extremely popular series could decline so much in esteem over the years, but now I know why... the ending is the most important part of any story, and the last half of Final Act was absolute garbage. So extremely disappointing.

Episode 8 was the most beautiful anime episode/movie I've ever seen. Episode 9 was different, but another one of the best episodes in the series. A few eps later and everyone had their power ups and it was time for the last battle. Why rush everything before that? But the problem was Takahashi's writing, dragging everything out for so long, and really messing up the ending.

The apotheosis of Sesshomaru's character arc was when he thought Rin died, and he mastered Meido Zangetsuha, the ultimate technique of the sword he once hated but learned to love -- after practically the entire series. Except after that, Sesshomaru was turned into a coincidental plot device, his character turned into a Season 1 jealous idiot so Inuyasha could power up his sword even more. Absolutely stupid.

Then there's what Sango did in the last battle, deciding to kill Rin to save Miroku's life. The Sango I know after 190 episodes would never, ever do this. Miroku would have been repulsed by her even if she did. I just don't get it, how a series could be so consistent except the last episodes, and then ruin some of the main characters like that.

----------

As for the ending, I liked some horror elements that were introduced, but I don't think the story went far enough. For example, there was a scene where Inuyasha was isolated alone, and Naraku kept making him hear "Kikyo, Kagome" over and over again --- possibly for eternity. That's the kind of stuff you might expect from the strongest demon in the world whose name literally means "Hell", who can control the entire environment of the final battlefield. Naraku does this sometimes, but then doesn't do it other times because the story is so inconsistent.

Once he took back in his human heart in order to defile Kikyo's speck of light in the Jewel, I thought it was inevitable that he would use the Jewel to be with Kikyo forever, which means he would use the Jewel to be with Kagome forever, since Kikyo was dead, and Kagome was her re-incarnation. We're at the end of the series here where everything needs to be fleshed out to the absolute maximum, and that's what you would expect out of an all-powerful demon with a sexually sadistic human heart, wanting to spend all of eternity fighting against Kikyo/Kagome's soul inside of the Shikon Jewel.

But instead Naraku went out like a chump and it was the Jewel itself vs. Kagome? And all she had to do was wish the Jewel would go away forever? How come Kikyo never thought of that?

I'm glad Inuyasha and Kagome got their happy ending, but such a great series ruined by really atrocious writing in the last volumes of the manga.
Ozu-sanAug 25, 2020 4:10 PM
Oct 1, 2020 5:43 AM

May 2017
YES! The ending was so good. After soo many years I could finally finish it. And the best part was, that our german TV station brought it to TV with the original cast. This was beyond amazing. I couldn't hold back on tears tbh. Just for the fact alone, that this was one of my first loved anime shows as a kid. Now I'm more than ready for YashaHime! 9/10
Oct 11, 2020 4:47 PM
May 2010
Don't know why I waited so long to watch the final arc... but it was worth it! definitely the ending the series deserves, I rarely give 10/10's which just means I really enjoyed it overall. Pacing was a bit fast but not so fast one does not understand things, I did like the unpredictabilty at times and it was very addicting to watch to the end as well something that I rarely have with anime nowadays~ it gave a nostalgic feeling.

Miroku... I swear he almost give me heart attack with the suspense around him hahaha.
Had happy tears when Inu and Kago hug before the time skip... oh and Kirara still so cute!

Looking forward to Yashahime someday in the near future, I dunno if it will be any good but this did close off the series well.
ArtemisMeikoOct 11, 2020 4:52 PM
Nov 4, 2020 12:15 PM
Nov 2019
Very satisfied by the ending of this series. My only minor complaint is that I wish we got 2 episodes out of this. Feel like you could have made the time skip its own episode.

Anyway, on to Yashahime.
Nov 23, 2020 2:59 AM

Dec 2007
those kind of final episodes that i like, it ending everything in twisty good way.

my only disappointment is that kagome's return doesn't explained well but because "she thought about him" xD

i will miss inuyasha...

9/10 to the series
Nov 30, 2020 12:27 PM
Apr 2016
Found the whole time-skip to be superfluous, should've just made them kiss and be happy from the get-go.

My favorite part about InuYasha was its comedy, and as you know, this season is pretty void of it! Regardless, it was action-packed and the story progressed fast - Naraku's case finally ended, after all the ad-nauseam fight-lose-redo!

6.5/10
Apr 8, 2021 2:45 PM

May 2016
That felt peaceful and actually liked the ending. 7/10

one hell of a journey started on 2003 when I was kid and now how many years gone
finally finished.
Apr 25, 2021 9:22 PM

Dec 2015
I was forcing myself to finish this final act for the sake of old days but damn it was hard memorable cast , repetitive plot and poor execution sigh...
JirokissawOct 4, 2021 4:26 PM
Jun 29, 2021 11:52 PM

May 2019
Three years three kids, damn Miroku. Everyone got their happy end. I still very much enjoy their journey till the end. I'll miss the cast and their story. The show itself still flawed at some parts but its definitely worth it to watch till end. I'll pick up the manga pretty soon to look for details.

Nov 25, 2021 3:03 AM

Apr 2013
So why was Kagome only able to enter that well three years later? I don't get it.

Final season was pretty much on par with the rest of the series, maybe slightly more boring. Don't get why they made 26 episodes only to include a lot of filler stuff again, but oh well... The end was alright and that's what counts. Let's see how their children(?) do in the sequel. 6/10
Dec 21, 2021 4:41 AM
Feb 2015
Gator said:
So why was Kagome only able to enter that well three years later? I don't get it.

Final season was pretty much on par with the rest of the series, maybe slightly more boring. Don't get why they made 26 episodes only to include a lot of filler stuff again, but oh well... The end was alright and that's what counts. Let's see how their children(?) do in the sequel. 6/10

Probably to give a happy ending for Inuyasha and Kagome. I think Inuyasha and Kagome being separated wouldn't really a bad ending too. Because Inuyasha showed that he understood there are others loving Kagome not just him and decide to give up on her.
Nov 7, 2022 5:39 AM
Apr 2022
It’s really good episode
Jan 3, 2023 9:10 AM

Jan 2018
Toward Tomorrow... 
Indeed...

Although I was spoiled about half the things that happened in this episode, I still felt really good watching it. I read somewhere that Rumiko Takahashi was in a dilemma on how to end the series: should Kagome stay in the modern world with her family or should she go back to the feudal era to live with Inuyasha? She ended up choosing the latter. I think it was the right choice. Kagome never seeing Inuyasha again would be too bittersweet and it wouldn't really match Takahashi's style, at least the one I'm most familiar with. 

If I was in Kagome's position Idk if I'd be able to make this decision. I'm so spoiled by modern technology I would never consider living in a rural area let alone 500 years in the past lol. But I guess things would be different if your soulmate was on the other side... 

Question is, is Kagome stuck in the Sengoku period permanently or can she move between worlds freely like before? I think it'd cheapen the ending a bit if she was able to travel between the worlds like she always could. So that may be why the ending is a bit ambiguous. The ending feels very old-school with the Higurashi family seemingly saying goodbye to Kagome forever as she's married off in a faraway place.

Either way, it's not my favorite Rumic anime ending (mainly because of this question) but I still loved it a lot. 

The Final Act was rough at the beginning with the insanely fast pacing and skipped content. If it got at least 10 more episodes then I think Hakudoshi and Kagura could've gotten better send-offs. One common criticism of the original run of Inuyasha was that the pacing was slow and repetitive. The Final Act has the exact opposite problem. If Final Act had the same pacing and episode count as the OG Inuyasha I'd have no issues with it whatsoever. I think it could've been even better with it. I'd pick slow pacing over fast pacing any day. But I'm still satisfied with what I got. The pacing issues mostly disappeared after 6-7 episodes I think so The Final Act wasn't the disaster that I initially thought it was gonna be.

I know that my experience with Inuyasha was vastly different from the earlier fans who had to wait years to see the ending. I could watch it at my own leisure since all the episodes were already out. Whereas people who started in the early 2000s had to wait a week for a new episode to come out. Not to mention the almost 5-year gap between the original show and The Final Chapter. These people have my respect. Inuyasha easily could've been one of the ill-fated shows that never got a proper ending like its predecessor Ranma 1/2 but I imagine this didn't happen mostly because the fans wanted to see the ending animated. So, thank you to the people who made this happen.

I really enjoyed The Final Act and Inuyasha as a whole. It took me 14 days to finish The Final Act and 161 days or about 5 months and 11 days to finish Inuyasha as a whole from episode 1. I wanted to finish it in about 3 months but oh well. 

I'm unsure what I should watch next. There's the Inuyasha sequel series Yashahime which isn't written by Takahashi-sensei. It's anime-original and I heard bad things about it. It's definitely not as popular as I expected it to be, at least in the English-speaking communities. I think it was created to cash in on the "next generation" craze made by Boruto but it ended up being more like Dragon Ball GT? I won't know until I watch it. Even if it's just for fanservice, I'd like to watch Yashahime.
My other option is watching Takahashi-sensei's 5th major series Kyokai no Rinne which also isn't as popular as I thought it'd be. Another problem is it doesn't adapt the ending of the manga (why did this happen after they wrapped up Inuyasha so well?) But I'll end up watching both eventually so it doesn't really matter much. 

I might end up watching the various Rumiko Takahashi OVAs first, starting with Fire Tripper which is apparently what inspired Inuyasha in the first place. 
0451Jan 3, 2023 10:21 AM
Mar 14, 2023 10:21 PM

Feb 2020
I can't explain why I started tearing up when Inuyasha and Kagome hugged each other, but what better way to finally end the series?
gunk.
Oct 31, 2023 6:01 AM

Jun 2020
That was probably the happiest ending this anime could've possibly gotten. Everything has reached a satisfactory conclusion. Sango and Miroku having 3 kids right out the gate of course and Koga marrying Ayame was also nice.

It took me a year and 8 months to watch this and I could've completed it way sooner of course. The slow pacing much of the time made it so that I wasn't eager to get through the episodes unless the show was near the end of an arc, and the filler didn't exactly help with that. So I would often play a game or invest my time in other media instead of watching Inuyasha, but the show had more than enough redeeming qualities for me to always wanna continue from where I left off eventually. That's why the first few episodes of the Final Act were a breath of fresh air for me and the fast pacing didn't bother me.

Now that I've seen Inuyasha, the 4 movies, the OVA and the Final Act, Yashahime is the only one left. I've heard a lot about it, mostly about its faithfulness to the original anime. It doesn't discourage me from watching it though, and I'd rather be aware of its reception before watching it than not. But for now I'm going to catch up on some other anime.
Dec 8, 2023 9:43 PM

Apr 2018
Not gonna lie, I feel kind of disappointed with how anticlimactic the final confrontation against Naraku turned out to be (among other things), but... this finale was pretty alright. It hit the right emotional beats where it had to, and everything got wrapped up in a happy little bow. We even got a kiss between Inuyasha and Kagome, finally! (which I read didn't even happen in the manga?)

Anyway, it took me literally almost a decade to get to this point (I wrote about this on the og series' final episode discussion), but nevertheless I'm glad that I eventually got to see this story through all the way to the end.

P.D. I just realized that, even at the very end...Kagome never took the "sit, boy" necklace off of Inuyasha... what the fuck, lmao!
Stygian_PrisonerDec 8, 2023 10:03 PM
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 23 Discussion

ClementIV - Mar 8, 2010

40 by prozyne »»
Apr 18, 4:15 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClementIV - Oct 10, 2009

96 by prozyne »»
Mar 25, 5:30 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2009

41 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 3:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Chimasternmay - Nov 21, 2009

128 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 1:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2009

63 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 2, 9:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.