Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2021 7:15 PM

Nov 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Basically it's a B-movie about giant fucking insects, a murder-mystery and a government conspiracy made by one person ala Shoujo Tsubaki with an animation style that looks like a modern day Malice Doll.

By the end the movie gets really mindfucky/nonsensical but honestly I don't think the movie care, it knows exactly what it wants to be a cult horror movie that will undoubtedly fall into obscurity do to it's visual style.

I kind of like it, it like those random VHS tapes you'd find in the past that would turn out to be some ultra violent series and you wonder "holy fuck why does this exist?" "Who made this cursed shit?" 6/10.

Edit: Image died so reuploaded it.
VanishingKiraSep 14, 2022 11:46 AM
Jul 18, 2021 3:53 PM

Jun 2012
Had some creepy imagery and interesting enough plot at first. It lost me about halfway through when I realized it was all a dream/hallucination. After that it's a bit hard to care because none of it is grounded in any reality and there's no tension to any of the monsters. I didn't understand the ending either. Overall I enjoyed it, reminded me of the film Enemy.
Shoot first, think never.
May 6, 2023 8:43 AM

Jan 2016
I'm 2/3 in at the moment and so far the direction itself is good, there was this early scene after she leaves class and walks through a platform and I thought "man, they are being so dramatic with the camera here I'm getting dizzy" but turn out it was the character that was getting dizzy and direction perfectly transmitted that... overall background and lighting and the art itself quite satisfactory, sets the mood very well, I just find it funny how animation nowadays barely has budget to put lights and shadows on the characters and moving objects (even major franchises) but it's something you can get used to, yet now, this scene right now, this was atrocious, c'mon, it's 2018! You could download free models with better texture than that!
PxHCMay 6, 2023 9:21 AM

Sep 26, 2023 5:44 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
The ratings made me realize that people here have no idea what's good or bad

Dec 6, 2023 12:05 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It has good points, but they are poorly put together.
The development begins interestingly, somewhere between mystery and horror adorned with some scares and blood, but in the last third there is too much information and it is poorly handled.
The animation is very poor.
The music and effects are crappy.

5/10

kekeke
Dec 6, 2023 7:59 AM

Oct 2016
What a mess on everything besides sound, but better than the previous works of the author.

Feb 21, 4:59 PM

Mar 2008
Where I found this it was labelled a cosmic horror which would explain why a lot of things are hard to interpret. It was like that whole thing where you put insects in a jar to kill eachother to have one survivor be the strongest most poisonous and this was that but with humans in another plane of reality as suggested by Rin waking from a coma. How it ended is difficult to interpret but I am thinking either Rin is still in another reality or these bugs wreaked havoc on our world while she was in a coma and her childhood friend swapping places with her but either case she isn't out of hot water.

More topics from this board

» How does one watch this movie?

Lumpology - Feb 4, 2020

5 by magatetus »»
Nov 10, 2020 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.