Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 2021 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Maid Dragon is back and hell, that is quite a catchy OP theme song!

Very happy to see everyone back tbh especially Tohru. Kana is still adorable as ever. The red female dragon Ilulu makes her appearance and I'd say that she's already made quite a impression.

I'm quite entertained by this episode. Ilulu and Kobayashi's interactions were also comedy gold.

Jul 2017
WELCOME BACK KYOANI! Oh how we missed you.

And also, tribute to Season 1 director Yasuhiro Takemoto, crredited for Season 2's Episode 1's storyboarding and Episode 2 as episode director/storyboard artist. RIP Takemoto-san.

fhána is back for another OP, and it's just as great, but Season 1's OP is just on a phenomenal level. Nice ED too at that!

It's so heartwarming to see Kobayashi and the rest of the dragon crew come back, Tohru and Kanna are just as cute. Going back to the maid café brings a lot of memories, but Tohru adds that hilarity cranked up to 11. Fafnir and Makoto got the raw end of the deal though with that whole "Pentagram" omurice hilarty.

Of course, welcome the new dragon that is Ilulu, another Chaos Dragon who's hell bent on the destruction of the world. Sadly, the other dragons can't help out, so Kobayashi has to request for Elma's assistance to Tohru's help for the maid dragon that is losing heavily against Ilulu to defeat her with much difficulty. Lucoa babysitting Shouta is nice, but the dragon herself comes to seek Kobayashi out...for her stacked boobs lols. But whatever the case is, unlike Tohru, Ilulu cannot accept reality that easily of how Kobayashi illustrates her life living with Tooru. The dragon's mindset is not easily faltered.

Heh, Fafnir is still stuck playing RPGs with Makoto, and still reeks fumes at it for getting the ban hammer.

After the dreadful arson attack, KyoAni came back strong with new staff, and hopefully that accident doesn't happen again.
Easily AOTS for the reason of KyoAni's long-awaited comeback.
KANLen09Jul 7, 2021 9:31 AM

Apr 2020
I kinda like the OP song.

As always Kanna is so cute, the way Tohru cooks omurice was really fast.

Ilulu's breasts are so damn big, and Kobayashi slaps Ilulu's breasts and it was hilarious.
Jul 7, 2021 8:33 AM

Jun 2019
There you have it. Kyoto Animation back with its Dragon Maid and what an amazing start to the show. The whole cast is just as cute as the day we left them. I missed them so much. I'm really happy to see them all back. Our little Kanna is adorable as ever.

Really enjoyed the OP song. It's really catchy imo. Also, Ilulu, the new dragon is just as cute as all of them. Big OPPAI tho. Love them ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Welcome back, my favorite show of the season.
Jul 7, 2021 8:36 AM

Oct 2017
Seriously great to have KyoAni back in the seasonal and with Maid Dragon to boot.

Man after the 20 sec mini dragon shorts last season my craving for this increased to the max and I'm glad it was worth the wait cause this was a really fun premise. I'm already liking Ilulu's character. She's amusing af and she's an oppai loli to boot. Thou lmao I'm sure many people are gonna complain like it's the end of the world for sure.

Great way to start this season, looking forward to more.
Jul 7, 2021 8:46 AM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
Yay!! Maid Dragon is back!! I'm so happy to watch Kyoani's title again!
As always, Kanna-chan is cute. OP and ED are perfect♪
I'm looking forward to watching the next episode <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2021 8:52 AM

Jul 2015

It's to good to see the legends back strong as ever.

Jul 7, 2021 8:53 AM
Pancake

Feb 2014
Very Lewd ep, we getting right to it!

Jul 7, 2021 9:10 AM

Apr 2014
Yeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!! Maid Dragon is back!!! and KyoAni is officially back!!!!!!

Here is some cute MV from the ED.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 7, 2021 9:16 AM

Feb 2019
LETS GOOOOO MAID DRAGON IS BACK.

Ngl pretty emotional watching this. Can’t help but think of all the people who tragically and senselessly lost their lives. Was in Japan when the fire happened and got to visit the studio a few days after to pay my respects, that scene will always stay with me. So glad to see Kyoani are back making happy memories for everyone again, tho.

I can already tell Illulu is gonna be controversial in anitwt lol. Looks like she gave Koboyashi a little parting gift 😂, can’t wait to see how that plays out next week.
Marinate1016Jul 7, 2021 9:34 AM
Jul 7, 2021 9:23 AM

Nov 2016
Liked the second half of the opening more coz fhána. The ED is even better.

But nice to have the thicc dragons back (Ilulu a bit too thicc, I might add, lol, still kinda bad, tho) and already with some sakuga action too.
FMmatronJul 7, 2021 1:13 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 7, 2021 9:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great to see it back, I couldn't wait, and the animation looks as great as better, maybe even better!
The fight scene with Tooru was pretty good, and Iruru showed, I don't really like her, the boobs thing was cringe.
Also I hope the plot isn't "kobayashi has now a dick xd" because it would be weird, but anyway I feel like it's gonna be a very enjoyable season
Jul 7, 2021 9:27 AM
Dec 2017
Beginning of the OP in Nichijou style was a nice touch.
Remember all those people who was killed while doing what they loved, enjoy this season and be well.
Jul 7, 2021 9:40 AM

Apr 2016
Dude, never ban Fafnir .. the fate of humanity is in stake LOL.
Jul 7, 2021 9:41 AM

Mar 2019
season 1 was literally one of the best comedy Animes i ever seen , this season opening looks like it's gonna have enough bones to back season one up
also finally Kanna-chan is back
her cuteness shouldn't be legal .
Jul 7, 2021 9:42 AM
Jan 2021
Finally! Kyoani is back better than ever and dragon maid is here. I really enjoyed that new OP, it's really catchy and that fight scene is great.
Jul 7, 2021 9:45 AM

Dec 2015
I'm really glad that KyoAni and Dragon Maid is back, Both the New OP and ED are Catchy. It was a really good episode with some lewd scenes xD, I'm looking forward to the future Episodes.
Jul 7, 2021 9:47 AM
Jun 2020
I completely forget how I really hate how quickly the episodes end.

Just 24min per episode is too little.
Jul 7, 2021 9:48 AM

Dec 2020
Nice to see tohru back and everyone.Iruru a new dragon is enter the season first appearance of her was not bad she is strong but not so strong as Tohru.

Very good OP im happy that the anime is back!
HiroyasuJul 7, 2021 9:52 AM
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 7, 2021 9:50 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Wonderful to see this back at long last, especially after the KyoAni tragedy that happened

I'm not sure what to feel about Ilulu's proportions, they're somehow even more ridiculous than Lucoa's. But I guess as long as she's still fun to watch I'll let it slide :p
Oct 2019
Idk what more to say than just that it's kino.

Everything I hoped for and more.
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
A little emotional right now, given that this is the first episode from the wonderful folks over at KyoAni since the arson attack. But this was a really good episode, and I'm glad to see this back!

Tohru, a better cook than a maid? That's got to be a tough pill for Tohru to take xD. It was nice to see totally killing it with the head cook post, and that chant seems to be a hit for some reason. I don't know, I might be interested just for the sake of the experience.

Tohru v Ilulu was quite solid. Based on this episode alone, I think the animation quality for the most bit was identical to last season's but the fight was another level. And Tohru's on another level too!

Lol @ Elma being bought over to Kobayashi-san's side with food, nothing fits her character more. Apparently, the dragons are a little more cold-hearted than we imagined though.

Ilulu trying to seduce Kobayashi-san but then getting spanked was gold. Ilulu's proportions, something's definitely wrong there in all seriousness. And that ending, did Kobayashi just become a man? No idea how to feel about this just yet...

Op/ED both seem pretty nice. 1st Op probably hit harder first up but here's to hoping this one will grow on me with time to catch up.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 7, 2021 9:52 AM

Sep 2019
IT IS BACK AND IT IS AMAZING AS ALWAYS. Watching Mini Dra made miss Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon even more and it's finally here!!!

I absolutely loved this episode. It's great to see everyone again, especially Kanna. SHE IS SO FUCKING ADORABLE AND WORDS AREN'T ENOUGH TO DESCRIBE HOW CUTE SHE IS. The animation was soooo good. I liked the OP. Lucoa looked great in a bunny outfit. Ilulu, the huge tiddy dragon is also here. I liked Ilulu, can't wait to see more of her. Kobayashi saved the city with desserts lol.
Jul 7, 2021 9:54 AM

Apr 2020
I fucking love it. everything about it is amazing, the characters, the animation and the opening/ending theme SLAPS! I’m really happy that Kyoto Animation returned, and they came back stronger than ever. I’m really looking forward to the next episode, and the new character Iruru seems interesting.
IssyBoyJan 4, 11:16 AM
Nina supporter for life💕
Jul 7, 2021 9:56 AM

Feb 2020
Yes! Welcome back, my sweethearts! I have missed you so much!

Tohru vs. Ilulu was pretty awesome fight.

Great start to the second season. ^_^

SerafosJul 7, 2021 11:29 AM
Jul 7, 2021 9:59 AM

Jul 2019
Yay! Dragon Maid is back with a bang!
The new opening and ending theme were amazing! I personally loved the ending :D

And wow, I wasn't expecting a full fledged fight in the very first episode!
the stunning visuals and OMG the colours!!! Everything was so vibrant and enjoyable!

KyoAni LESGOOO
Jul 7, 2021 9:59 AM

Apr 2018
YES! Finally the dragons are BACK!
Jul 7, 2021 10:01 AM
Elder Emo

Jan 2013
Still love the art in this show, and bruh that OP is amazing (both the song and the actual animation for it).

Loved Kobayashi's initial reaction to the maid cafe job, the service industry can definitely be rough 😅 Tohru's work uniform was super cute too, while it lasted at least.

The dragon fight looked amazing, but definitely coulda done without the uh boob attacks?

Overall, liked it well enough. Looking forward to next week
Mar 2021
I found it funny that the Opening reminded me of Jujutsu Kaisen and the Ending Blend S
GkeepesJul 7, 2021 10:04 AM
May 2021
I personally liked this episode, it was funny and the intro was good

Jul 2017
I'm no fan of the series by any means, nor the actual works of Kyoto Animation besides the legendary 2 seasons of Full Metal Panic they produced (same director as the former Kobayashi Dragon Maid, Yasuhiro Takemoto), but I am happy for the studio to be back in business when it comes to seasonals and recover after what's been a really tough period to get through. Seeing Takemoto be involved with bits and pieces of this season with whatever he did before he passed away does feel quite bittersweet to watch.
Jul 7, 2021 10:02 AM

Aug 2009
Well after watching this episode I must admit, Thoru indeed didn't lie about being "D" among dragons xD
Jul 7, 2021 10:03 AM

Feb 2020
Ah, Dragon Maid just as I remember it. Welcome back KyoAni once again!

lots of good stuff this ep, not too sure what to think about Iruru but she's prob gonna get better as the episodes go on. Kinda guessing whatever Kobayashi was looking at in the toilet is probably Iruru... i think. maybe. Great (boss) bgm as well, I forgot this anime really likes exaggerating the fights; amazing animation here too. Also rip Fafnir, honestly never went through something like getting banned on an account but I cannot imagine that happening to one I spent hundreds of hours on.

Loving the OP and ED, very very cool. Looking forward to much more.
Jul 7, 2021 10:04 AM
Jul 2020
KyoAni is back stronger than ever! Something to look forward to every week now.
Jul 7, 2021 10:05 AM

Jan 2014
The first part had me laughing so much from just Tooru's influence alone. The fact even the normal maids were doing the chants too. Priceless. Damn, the new dragon doesn't fuck around. Welp. Account banned, time to pray for our souls.
Jul 7, 2021 10:05 AM

Sep 2020
anime of the millennium
watch this and your dick (or vagayna) will literally blow off with the sheer amount of force and momentum created by inertia and Einsteins second law :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXJuefY2tG1lB9q7QaFJQLQ
Jul 7, 2021 10:06 AM

Sep 2015
Great first episode! hopefully ilulu will become a likeable character. I wouldn't mind trying tohrus omurice
Jul 7, 2021 10:17 AM
May 2020
Near the end.. Did.. Ilulu give Kobayashi a funny hose?
I loved this episode tho, it reminds me of simpler times when I saw s1 and liked it.
Jul 7, 2021 10:19 AM

Feb 2020
It’s back and simply divine

Jul 7, 2021 10:20 AM

Aug 2019
man it really feels good to see this show back, easily AOTS for me and probably AOTY
snowykevinJul 7, 2021 10:44 AM
Jul 7, 2021 10:28 AM
Oct 2020
KyoAni really outdid themselves and improved the show in every aspect from the original.

The animation was so good especially during the fight scenes. But even during the comedy scenes you could tell the animation is alot more fluid and expressive. It was serious without being melodramatic. The jokes were just as funny as ever.
Jul 7, 2021 10:28 AM

Dec 2010
This was boobies/5.
Jul 7, 2021 10:34 AM

Oct 2020
I don't particularly like Dragon Maid, primarily because of Kobayashi, but this has to be hands down the best animation in a show this season. KyoAni does it again. Tohru and Kanna are just as cute as ever. Ilulu's body proportions are interesting to say the least lol.

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Jul 7, 2021 10:35 AM

Mar 2016
Mixed feelings on this. It's nice to see my fav studio in KyoAni back in action with this 2nd season of Maid Dragon as well as paying a homage to the late staff members who had previously worked on the production for this.

On the other hand, I don't like this new character Ilulu, neither in the manga nor here so far, but maybe I'll get used to her.....maybe....
Jul 7, 2021 10:48 AM

May 2020
Two words: Lucoa dance!
Jul 7, 2021 10:50 AM
Dec 2020
Very happy to see this anime coming back as well as the god KyoAni <3. I loved the 1st season so much, cannot wait for more to release.
some people...
Jul 7, 2021 10:51 AM

Jan 2021
I got up and started dancing with this OP, sorry, mammal instinct 0-0

Ohh, so this is the dragon they were cancelling on Twitter.... I love it
Don't tell me what I think happened, nah, spectacular first episode 😂
Jul 7, 2021 10:52 AM

Jul 2019
Yay, cute maids and their positive vibes.

The titty slap was this week's peak performance.

Ilulu is still a mystery but at least she gained courage and will to learn something about humans after original idea of indiscriminately bombing the whole city.

New ED is super cool, still prefer the old OP to new though.
Jul 7, 2021 10:55 AM
May 2019
KANLen09 said:
WELCOME BACK KYOANI! Oh how we missed you.

Heh, Fafnir is still stuck playing RPGs with Makoto, and still reeks fumes at it for getting the ban hammer.

Like Mokoto-san said, the world is now in danger.

Loved this ending. ROLF
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
Jul 7, 2021 10:56 AM

Jul 2009
Faf-kun got banned = the end (of the world)

it is nice as usual
bruh
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2021

176 by SiMura8723 »»
Mar 29, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2021

223 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2021

147 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2021

151 by MachoGuacho2765 »»
Mar 21, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2021

161 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 17, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.