Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 17, 2021 3:22 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
The last time I played on easy mode was in MGS4, just so I could speed up my playthroughs getting all the emblems. Outside of that I usually play on normal, and I will play higher difficulty if I like the game a lot. I feel easy mode often trivializes the experience for me.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Aug 17, 2021 3:42 AM
Aug 2021
To Be Honest, whenever I play games on PC I always play on hard difficulty. That's the only way you could experience the quality of the game. when I play on easy I feel like I'm not doing justice with the game.
Aug 18, 2021 7:54 AM

Dec 2017
I used to do that all the time when I was younger. Now I play at normal mostly, or the hardest difficulty if I love the game and I’m confident in my abilities.
Aug 18, 2021 2:52 PM

Feb 2016
I play normal, after beat the game, i think if i am gonna play again on hardest mods.
The battle is over.
Show respect for the fallen
who fought so bravely.
Aug 19, 2021 8:15 AM

Feb 2010
I've only ever played one game on easy because I'm a scrub and I didn't think I'd beat it otherwise. But I plan on trying it on standard at some point.

So almost always, standard/normal for me.
Aug 28, 2021 9:49 AM

Jun 2009
Usually I do either easy or normal difficulty. I’m not very good at video games lol :(
Sep 3, 2021 7:49 PM
Aug 2021
hardest always even if i cant complete a mission for 2 hours straight i'd still put in hardest till i learn, even if the game introduces new mechanics that no other game has like rocket league
Sep 5, 2021 6:50 AM

Aug 2009
I usually tend to go for the normal setting. I might do easy setting on a game I already beaten before but want to go through it quickly.
Sep 5, 2021 1:59 PM

Aug 2021
It depends what kind of game it is. But normally normal or higher.
"Most people talk about killing time while time is killing them. You can outrun everything but you'll never outrun the hands of time. Use it wisely before you expire". - Toonen1988

"Cyberpunk show us the dark side, reveiling the dangerous side effects of the drug of futurism." - Indigo Gaming
Sep 5, 2021 2:20 PM
Jan 2020
games are no fun if they are easy.
whats the point of even playing a game if u can do everything without even trying?
Sep 11, 2021 10:32 AM

Sep 2021
yes in the games i play for the story.
Definitely not for gameplaying.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 12, 2021 2:37 AM

Oct 2020
i play easy or normal first then go for the hard after i finished playing the game

Sep 18, 2021 2:36 AM

Oct 2009
nahh, i'm a uber l££t pr0 g@mer bro. we don't know that mode
Sep 18, 2021 5:51 PM
Sep 2020
either i play on medium or the hardest difficulty. It depends on a game, if it's horror i'd make that hardest so that there is more thrill to it.
Sep 18, 2021 8:15 PM
Jul 2018
I think it really depends on what kind of game and who you are. There's a lot of people who are hardcode and love a challenge so they'll play on the highest difficulty settings, but then there's others who aren't very good at games so they'll play on the easiest or normal. If we're talking about JRPGs, I feel like normal is pretty fair with most games so that's usually the mode I go with. Games are supposed to be fun and I want to have a fun experience with the story and characters my first time especially if I don't know what to expect. I don't like playing games that are frustrating my first time.

If I'm playing an SRPG like Fire Emblem I'll play on normal and if there's replayability I'll usually play on the next difficulty generally for a challenge. Or there's certain cases like Fire Emblem Thracia 776 where the game is already difficult but fair and there's no difficulty setting.
Sep 20, 2021 6:34 AM

Feb 2020
I always start with the easiest difficulty and I increase it once I get skilled enough to change to a harder difficulty. I rarely play on the hardest difficulty though.
Sep 20, 2021 9:04 AM

Apr 2018
dejwidu said:
I always start with the easiest difficulty and I increase it once I get skilled enough to change to a harder difficulty. I rarely play on the hardest difficulty though.

Same here. I only try the hardest difficulty when I'm achievement hunting (and I rarely succeed at it so).
Sep 20, 2021 1:16 PM

Aug 2010
Straight to hard these days. Normal doesn't usually require you to use all of the game's mechanics.

Unless it's the off chance I'm playing a shooter. Then I'll go normal and likely have to switch down for certain sections. I'm not a fan of KB&M.
Sep 20, 2021 3:55 PM

Oct 2017
I usually play on normal/medium as that's how the game's generally supposed to be played. If the difficulty is changeable during the game, then I usually go higher if I want to complete some achievements. Even if the game is easy for me on medium with my perks, I usually wouldn't up the difficulty as I like the satisfaction of defeating a boss on my first try.
Sep 20, 2021 4:21 PM

May 2016
I usually play them on normal.. and after I complete the game then i'd try it on a higher difficulty.

It's best not to jump into a new game on the highest difficulty possible because then you'd end up fucking yourself up and not enjoying the game.
Sep 21, 2021 1:41 PM
May 2021
If I really like the game, both story and gameplay, I play on Hard.
If I just want to play the game because of the story I play on the easiest difficulty available.
Sep 22, 2021 5:54 AM

Jun 2015
always only easy mode
Sep 22, 2021 7:07 AM

Oct 2009
I usually play games on normal, because that is usually the baseline that the developer do when they design a game. I would only turn it to easy when I'm facing difficulty to progress through the game, I never played a game on hard or hardest difficulty because it makes no sense and unrewarding for me.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 22, 2021 8:58 AM

Jan 2018
never, how boring would that be, i suppose people who dont have lots of time can get away with it but the game wont be enjoyed to the fullest, imagine playing dark souls with sorcery class, it's no fun
Sep 22, 2021 3:14 PM

Jul 2015
The older I get, the higher the difficulty setting. I remember not liking Quake I too much back then, and enjoying Quake 2 a lot in easy/normal difficulty. Bought the two games recently again, Q2 put me asleep on the hardest setting, but Q1 wrecked my face at level 3 with a nasty teleport ambush lol. Kept me on my toes throughout most of the game by being sadistic and unforgiving af. Modern gamers will never know the adrenaline rush you get when ill-intentioned devs teleport shamblers straight on your face.

Nowadays I always start games in the hardest difficulty setting. It's often easy af anyway >.> I'm afraid most shooters are balanced around inadequate controllers since the 2000s

This said I'm mostly a FPS person since ages, I can see tons of cases where high difficulty settings would make little sense to me. 1on1 fighting games? Yeah no thx I don't like getting my bum kicked by an AI who can do everything frame-perfect.
DeathkoSep 22, 2021 3:22 PM
Sep 22, 2021 6:01 PM

Dec 2015
In video games since little I am a masochist so I put always the highest difficulty possible and if there are additional options to make it harder I am switching on everything of them x).

edit: Here's a little proof that I actually enjoy being a masochist(some of them might be more or less impressive but I've never said I am a pro in any of games x) ):
ZettaikenSep 22, 2021 6:41 PM
Sep 22, 2021 6:24 PM

Jul 2021
nah, I mostly play on normal and move on to hard.
Sep 28, 2021 8:09 PM

Jul 2020
I mostly play games on a normal level, except moments when the game is that unbalanced so I have to increase difficulty of a game (for example TW: Warhammer, bot is just too stupid on normal so I play on legendary).
yes I'm in control
ak wrapped around my shoulder
strike with venom like a cobra
murder all in the aroma
Oct 7, 2021 11:24 AM

Sep 2021
Sometimes, but i prefer playing on the Normal difficulty
Oct 7, 2021 7:23 PM
Mar 2017
Normal/Medium, only time I put it on Easy is if I really know it's intended to be a hard game like the 00+ Ninja Gaidens but otherwise whether shooter, hack n slash or other genres usually go with normal and turn it down if I'm just not get by due to the enemy/environment damage and don't care about the trophies/achievements. Depends on the game, many I haven't had to change the difficulty as powered through while others just had to.

With games that have no difficulty or adaptive (certain games in the 00's) I'd avoid upgrades (health, damage, character abilities)/armour and create my own difficulty and if I would be 1-3 hit killed it was my own fault not the game's. Did this a lot of the PS2 era Ratchet games (or health/damage/invisibility upgrades in Scaler https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaler_(video_game)) as armour was a waste of currency and the protection never felt worth it even for about 65% or so it said it would benefit. Would never do this in an RPG but for an action adventure/shooter/platformer I can see reason in it.
Suntanned_Duck2Oct 7, 2021 7:26 PM
Oct 8, 2021 12:10 AM

Aug 2020
I play at a suitable level to how hard/easy the game is, which mostly is normal.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Oct 16, 2021 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
These days I choose to play on Normal to play the game as intended. I'm not really in a rush to complete games as soon as possible.
Oct 16, 2021 2:28 PM

Mar 2019
I just auto-set everything to the hardest difficulty because thats just always how i've done it.
Oct 16, 2021 3:10 PM

May 2013
depends on the game but mostly on easy/normal. maybe after i complete it i try hard but it happened only once with danganronpa

Oct 16, 2021 11:42 PM

Oct 2021
Depends on the game but no just on normal
Oct 21, 2021 8:25 AM

Aug 2021
I always pick/start from Normal or above because my pride as a gamer doesn't allow me to choose easy, it just doesn't feel right
Oct 21, 2021 11:46 AM

Aug 2010
oftentimes i jump to the highest difficulty, ike when i got a touhou 8 LNN clear which took 15 months. i had nO touhou experience prior to tHat and practiced every day.

i don't play the hardest setting of arcade toaplan shmups typically because the harder difficulties aren't really made to be plAyable considering how bullet spongy stuff can be. default dips are fine for toaplan.

a lot of times though, i play games on the lower difficulties first and then go to the hardest, like with image fight II

here's both the touhou 8 and image fight II runs if yOu care to see

superplay nO-misses and nO damage crAp
my berlin schOol electronic albums | sOundcloud where i post w/e
new albUm out. gOing to mAke cassettes with two bOnus sOngies. anyway, here's the digital relEase:
Kristallgeist
Oct 21, 2021 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
I only play on normal difficulty as that's how I think a game is supposed to be played. If I feel to OP at it then maybe I'll do hard. I'm not a challenge-seeker so I've never tried Ultra Hard modes for anything other than DOOM because I like DOOM a lot.
Oct 21, 2021 12:00 PM

Apr 2016
I always play the hardest diff. Tried the last difficulty once with Nier Automata but I had to change to Hard...

Very Hard is impossible for me, but Hard wasn't even that hard. Perhaps a little bit at Emil's 1st fight, but the pods are way too op.

Oct 21, 2021 12:00 PM

Oct 2012
Completely depends on the game I'm playing. I generally like a challenge but thats mostly from games with one intended experience like Bloodborne or Super Meat Boy. Games with a slider can be harder to judge so sticking with the neutral option is normally what I go for then experiment with harder settings if I really like the game. Completely understand playing on easier settings if thats what you get enjoyment from, its there for a reason. Alternatively I lower the difficulty if I just want to see the end of the story and am generally not enjoying it the game (done this recently with Tales of Arise).

EDIT- Spelling =(
Oct 21, 2021 6:16 PM

Jun 2017
Depends, if a game is stupid easy on easy, i'll play it on a higher difficulty. Some games i'm playing for the story and not to play for the game, i'll do those on easy.

If it's a fair challenge, i'll play it on a high one. But if it's BS hard and ridiculous, i'll play it on easy.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Oct 22, 2021 1:11 PM
Dec 2020
If I am playing for the story I will almost always play on the easiest difficulty. For example when I played Persona 5 I played on the easiest difficulty that just lets you continue when you die because I just wanted to see the story.
Oct 24, 2021 8:29 PM

Jan 2021
Nah even when I'm trying to get easily the steam account achievements of that game.I'm usually playing every game on the hardest difficulty and trying to 100% it.Playing at the easiest difficulty for me it's boring and very easily like the dying light.In the easiest difficulty the zombies can't even touch me and in the hardest with 2 hits the night chumps kills me even tho my stats are maxed and they are going down very slowly If they jump you and you're not careful game over 🤣
Oct 26, 2021 6:57 AM

Jun 2016
If it's a game I've never played before I play on normal, if I'm replaying a game I tend to crank it up to hard to keep things fresh.

It's not a point of pride for me, I just feel kinda bad when difficulty settings mess with the progression of the game/character. Like sure it's funny to blow people up in one shot at like level 3 in New Vegas but it kinda throws the whole progression aspect off course. Same applies to facing bullet sponge enemies at level 1 and whatnot, changing the health of NPCs and nothing else is just a lazy way to artificially make a game more "difficult".

Way of The Samurai did it well with the one hit kill difficulty setting, everyone including you dies in one hit so nobody is really overpowered but it's still really challenging.
Oct 26, 2021 8:26 AM
Jul 2018
I mostly play on easy, because I got the reaction time of a grandma and I just want to chill and play for story and exploring the world.

Seriously I'm so bad, my friends kicked me out of a Call of Duty game. People told me to train, but it's useless. I got eye surgery some years ago and its sight and my coordination and reaction time are really bad.

I only play offline games now, because it's less stress for me and everyone included and nobody loses because of me lol
Oct 26, 2021 8:28 AM

Apr 2010
Almost always I go with the default difficulty. Only time I can remember going hard mode was for Dragon Quest XI, and that's because I heard the game was too easy on normal to the point of not really being fun. Whether that's true or not, I don't know, but hard mode wasn't too challenging apart from a few cheap bosses.
Dec 11, 2021 7:59 AM
Jul 2018
I usually try to play on normal if I'm not familiar with the game genre, but will play on a harder difficulty if I'm more familiar with the genre.
Dec 11, 2021 12:02 PM

May 2020
I agree with you. I almost always play on the easiest setting these days. Hardcore gaming is not for me at the age of 30+.
っ◔◡◔)っ ♥Average gamer and anime enjoyer♥
Dec 11, 2021 12:22 PM
Mar 2017
Normal difficulty.

That or if no difficulty option and just items to make the game easier like upgrades, abilities, and armour I won't buy them unless they are necessary to progress. Done this with Scaler (only 1 Camo no damage, bomb or other upgrades) and the early Ratchet games with base health for 1, and base armour for 2 & 3 to make my own difficulty.

If I feel like it I'll choose hard on repeat.playthroughs but I start on Normal usually and see what I can do from there then go Easy if have to.
Dec 11, 2021 6:30 PM

Aug 2018
depends on the game and my mood
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

21 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
43 minutes ago

» Your first game in your life ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

list713 - Dec 21, 2008

835 by Fancyjasper »»
4 hours ago

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

19 by Vendicator »»
5 hours ago

» Out of all the Mario games which did you play the most recently

KiraraFan - Apr 9

23 by PlasticRobot »»
11 hours ago

» Operating systems

skapito - Apr 13

19 by bevarnow »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.