Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 14, 2008 7:17 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Kakkou-kun said:
It looks quite interesting! Have nothing more to add...
Thought Kugimiya Rie was going to appear in this ep though, but apperently she comes in the next ep. :D

What are you talking about? Miharu's voice is Kugimiya Rie...

At first, I was like o_O too...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 14, 2008 7:35 PM

Sep 2007
Honestly, it's a relief to hear Kugimiya Rie in a role that doesn't sound like her latest ones (Nagi, Shana, Louise). Reminds me that she CAN do other roles =P

Otherwise, I thought it was pretty good. Liked Miharu's sarcastic personality. Some of the stuff he says was absolute lol (see windy's post) and the action sequences were sweet.
Apr 14, 2008 7:43 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ummm.... potential...

nothing compared to Code Geass or Macross F of course but it can prove to be interesting. Certainly Miharu is keeping me on this series....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 14, 2008 9:08 PM

Oct 2007
I think I'm going to keep watching this ^_^
I love the art and Miharu is absolutely freakin adorable *o*

Ever since the first time I saw a picture of him, I just kept thinking 'What a beautiful boy! *o*'
Apr 14, 2008 11:55 PM

Jan 2007
windy said:
Oh my God this was awesome. I want to rape Miharu tenderly.

lol It's like borderline yaoi! :P

It was ok. Not great, but not terrible.

I like how the backgrounds look like watercolors or hasty sketches. Kinda pretty.
Apr 15, 2008 12:15 AM

Jul 2007
cmon guys you're all way better than that! i can't believe no one saw the resemblance here:

it was great to see him get pwned by those plants though. LOL
Apr 15, 2008 2:24 AM

Jan 2008
corroded said:
cmon guys you're all way better than that! i can't believe no one saw the resemblance here:

it was great to see him get pwned by those plants though. LOL

hahah i DID notice that, seriously
Apr 15, 2008 4:33 AM

Jul 2007
Well, this was not what I expected. This didn't seem like the kind of series I would like, but something was telling me to try it out. And lo and behold, I loved it! Unlike most action shows, the fight scenes were easy for me to follow and I actually even enjoyed them (this is really rare for me). It looked great, and I love the modern-day ninja theme; I'm hoping the series will continue to be unique in that respect. And most of all, Miharu is a wonderful protagonist. I love how witty and well-adjusted he is!

Keep it up, Nabari no Ou~!

oh, these little earthquakes
Apr 15, 2008 5:00 AM

Aug 2007
Kayrhandros said:
Well, first thing I noticed is that the character's suffered from famine during the recordings =P. Took me a while to get used to the fact that they were so skinny, plus and maybe due to that some of the motion in the begunning seemed sorta akward.
Dispite that, I still liked the animation a lot. I also loved how they made the backgrounds look like paintings.

Lol ^o^ Yeah! Is that Miharu in your sig? Looks like it...xP

Anyway for a first episode from my point of view, it was good enough. I haven't read the manga so I can't compare. Yes the fight scene were smoothly drawn and very good.
The whatever his name is Sensei is hott.. so... I didn't like Miharu!
sakR9Apr 15, 2008 5:05 AM
Apr 15, 2008 6:30 AM
Dec 2007
Loveeee it!
he is so cute,
i wish I could be like him^^
Apr 15, 2008 7:16 AM

Jul 2007
Just finished watching the first episode, there is a few things about this anime that interest me, however certain aspects put me off and i am unsure wether i should bother to continue with this anime.

Maturity being a key factor, so maybe its just not my type of anime.

Although i do like how they have attempted a different style of animation compared to the majority of other animes.
Apr 15, 2008 7:30 AM

Dec 2007
Frenz said:

Yea, I'm with you on this one.

On another point, I'm really confused about how people go overboard excited about sexually ambiguous characters. From a psychology stand point I already know the history of 99% of the forum goers who fall into that category but I just don't want to believe it.
playconnApr 15, 2008 7:40 AM
Apr 15, 2008 7:38 AM

Feb 2008
well just another one to add to my list. good fight and violence. the animation is different but good. should be a fun one to watch.
Apr 15, 2008 10:06 AM

Oct 2007
i like the animation
and its full of bishounen

some parts bored me, but this show has potential to turn into something good.
Apr 15, 2008 10:58 PM

Feb 2008
I liked it.I found really funny those parts when Miharu was acting gay ^_________^
ukiuki said:
and its full of bishounen

Sure is
Apr 16, 2008 3:09 AM

Apr 2007
My expectations were alot higher than this, but it still was alright. Miharu is totally awesome, i can totally understand why someone would want to raep him :P.

Looking forward to more!~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2008 3:43 AM

Oct 2007
It was a decent first episode. I'll keep watching to see where this goes!
Apr 16, 2008 11:49 AM

Feb 2008
I think that was a great start, animation was great especially fight scenes and background. Although the legs were a bit spidery.
I'm looking forward to this series.
(Bishies FTW)
Apr 16, 2008 11:51 AM

Aug 2007
I like both the animation and the action. I haven't read the manga yet, but I hope it's a strict adaption or close to it.
Apr 16, 2008 12:56 PM

Dec 2007
Ahh, jeez. I hate it when everybody in the series is more interesting than the main character! *sighs* I don't find apathetic characters cool and I'm not a fangirl so he's not attractive. If everything falls on him he needs to be cooler than this. Seriously.

I was hoping for this to be one of the better series this season. Giving it one more ep before I put it on hold.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Apr 16, 2008 2:11 PM

Nov 2004
Woah, I really liked the first episode! I guess it's just my kind of show? A plot of some sort (although it doesn't sound so good just yet), action, nice backgrounds, music and bishounen! Miharu is very much cute, I had to LOL at his sarcastic comments and his attempts to make his teacher out to be a homosexual pedophile. Now I want to read the manga. I'm also in love with the OP of this show.
Apr 17, 2008 2:25 AM

Nov 2007
Aww interesting anime~ Keep watching it for sure x33 cant wait for next epi~

Apr 17, 2008 4:52 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty good episode, really enjoyed the battle scenes.
The only thing I didn't liked about this, is that the main character has such a girlish voice (Note: Not complaining about Rie, she is doing a great job as usual. I just think that in this kind of anime, the main character should have a more manly voice).
Apr 17, 2008 4:56 AM
Jun 2007
Frenz said:

Anime is generally for kids. You need to understand this. Even stuff like Mnemosyne is for kids. Look at GTA. Kids gobble that kind of stuff up and the executives and producers behind these anime know that.

If you want a "mature" hobby maybe you should get into geology or something, not many kids there.

Anyways, this episode was great. I loved the OP(the engrish was actually nice for a change) and the backgrounds were beautiful. Music was great too(I normally don't even notice music, its usually just noise to me) and I liked that no one was in an orange/yellow/red etc. outfit. The character designs(both main characters and episodic characters) were amazing too.

I havent watched episode 2 yet, so my only fear is that this great first episode is just too hook viewers, and that the rest of the episodes are going to be of Amatsuki quality.

Apr 17, 2008 11:40 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Decent first episode. I like Miharu's completely apathetic attitude, coupled with his utter sarcasm. It's a little weird, but amusing nonetheless. The premise? We'll see how it works out.

I'm also enjoying the backgrounds. I'm getting sick of knobby knees though :P
Apr 17, 2008 3:05 PM

Mar 2008
interesting, only thing I dont get is, is Miharo a girlie looking guy or a butch looking girl? lol its hard to tell in anime sometimes, I can tell the VA is a girl from the sound of it so thats why I get confused XD
Apr 17, 2008 5:07 PM

Apr 2008
I thought the anime was adorable, the green eyed kid reminds me of Subaru from Tokyo Babylon, well not the personality but the looks for sure.
Apr 17, 2008 10:04 PM
Jan 2007
Miharu = Male Fujioka Haruhi :O
Apr 23, 2008 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
....Kugimiya Rie. Wow. This was a pleasant surprise.

I am not quite sold, but I am intrigued.
Apr 23, 2008 8:27 PM
Feb 2008
Nice first episode. Interesting character interplay, and I'm really digging the animation style. Not so sure about all the bishounen. Still, this show could grow on me. More time then.

Apr 25, 2008 8:41 AM

Feb 2008
Bit of a slowpoke when it came to this show as the plot summary did not sound that intriguing. However, after seeing some screencaps the art style piqued my interest enough to watch the first episode. So what did I think?

It was a great start to the series! Lovely music, stunning action sequences and high quality of animation throughout the episode. Although the characters and plot are not superbly original, the series still manages to rise above generic shounen/ninja shows.

The character designs remind me of Loveless. The "watercolour" effect backgrounds were beautiful! I was very impressed by that.

I didn't expect Kugimiya Rie to voice a male character! Miharu sounds more girly than bishounen at the moment, so I think she could work on it a bit more. She definitely has the moe moments down pat, but it's just not very convincing as a boy's voice. Currently Miharu's two bodyguards seem more interesting than him.

I'll definitely keep watching the show if the animation quality remains high and the story becomes more interesting. I hope that the rest of the characters are not too stereotypical - emo badguy in ED sequence alert!
Apr 26, 2008 12:24 AM

Jun 2007
heh, great first episode, i am hooked.

i noticed rie doing the job as the main character... it was quite nice and refreshing from her tsun tsun roles.

i also love miharu' personality, the pedophile yaoi jokes made me laugh, guess i didnt expect that... miharu is just win.

aizawa looked interesting too, i am also having high hopes for this anime since its jc staff here... and rie and yuuji's seiyuus are here.

next epi cute girl gets introduced!
Apr 26, 2008 9:12 AM

Aug 2007
I disliked this episode. Basically because it was slow and reminded me of several other series. I hope it will eventually get better.
Apr 26, 2008 5:18 PM

Sep 2007
me like.. could possibly be one of the better series this season.. fine animation, decent voice actors, awesome OP and quite a nice story.. ^^ nothing unique or so but still very good!

May 4, 2008 3:05 PM

Jan 2008
It was pretty good, entertaining in the least, but incredibly cheezy. :P
May 16, 2008 6:55 AM

Mar 2008
well i randomly stumbled across this anime - i actually can't remember how or why now...
...but wow i was impressed XD
since i haven't read the manga or anything i had no idea what to expect - it was the animation quality itself that had me hooked first. at first the character designs reminded me of code geass, theyre amazing either way =] and the painted like backgrounds were just so beautiful =] !
i love action type animes, and ninja based ones are always cool too =D
miharu annoyed me a little - i liked kumohira and aizawa more - but he'll probably grow on me.
im now waiting not so patiently for my computer to finish getting me the next 5 episodes =D
May 16, 2008 12:19 PM

Feb 2008
this anime is so bishielicious... i'm picking this up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2008 12:04 AM

Dec 2007
It was average I'd say, the comedy they tried didn't really do it for me and the background music was kinda dull. The actions scenes were top notch though with no repeated animation used and the opening was really catchy, hopefully this will turn out to be a good ninja show since all others I've seen haven't been too great.

#NBHNC
Jun 1, 2008 2:37 AM
Oct 2007
Is this yaoi or what >_>

Also... It wasn't very interesting to me...
Jun 7, 2008 6:48 AM

Jan 2008
I quite like the water coloured backgrounds and the fight scenes were great! I didn't expect Miharu to act girly and random times >_>
But overall, I quite like this.

/Also the OP/ED is great!
aeroJun 7, 2008 6:51 AM
Jun 9, 2008 5:02 AM

Mar 2008
sanjica said:
this anime is so bishielicious... i'm picking this up.

Same.

I love this episode! ^^
Feb 12, 2009 3:16 AM

Jan 2008
I finally get to start this one which is a good because I loved it I have seen the first 2 and working on getting farther. I am also watching this while also watching Blassreiter which is also good.
Feb 15, 2009 1:13 PM

Mar 2008
The first episode is ok. Don't know why but I am not used to the background animation, seems like a painting to me... Well, lets see if I get used to it. Hope the anime gets better, and not worse.

Let me see...
Jun 7, 2009 8:41 PM

Mar 2009
aero said:
I quite like the water coloured backgrounds and the fight scenes were great! I didn't expect Miharu to act girly and random times >_>
But overall, I quite like this.

Aug 23, 2009 5:35 AM

Jun 2009
Art style is very poor but animation and story impressed me so I see if the next episode will be better.

Haha everytime he ignores his sensei make me LMAO
ZinvyAug 23, 2009 5:50 AM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 3, 2009 1:51 AM
Sep 2008
Hmm, cant say much yet, liked the animation. The main character seems to lack a bit of emotions.
May 16, 2010 6:05 PM

Nov 2009
the characters look so scrawny i could've sworn this was designed by CLAMP (not that i'm complaining ^w^). oh well, aesthetics i guess...

--THIS is how ninja should be!
Jun 30, 2010 1:54 AM

Apr 2010
This anime is poppin!!
OMG i have literally been sucked in to it
I just hope it won't disappoint me in future eps.

Jul 18, 2010 12:02 AM
Jun 2009
Awesome series i guess, and i like miharu so much x3
What does that sensei guy write on his forhead in blood o.o?? i still dont know. and wats the katsubushi thing or something..
anyway i'll be watching the next episodes for sure x)
Feb 6, 2011 11:40 PM

Oct 2008
Hmm.. Ninjas and a high school. Could be interesting.

Also, Kugimiya Rie. <3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 20 Discussion

aly_angelflight - Sep 9, 2008

16 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 16, 9:46 AM

» Help: Nabari no Ou filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 8

1 by Yuliyshii »»
Feb 9, 3:53 AM

» Does it get better?

rozwielidka - Mar 15, 2023

10 by Daiyamondo »»
Mar 24, 2023 7:34 AM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 25 Discussion

Kiseki - Sep 24, 2008

18 by Roch2001 »»
Dec 2, 2022 9:50 AM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 23 Discussion

Kiseki - Sep 24, 2008

19 by Roch2001 »»
Dec 2, 2022 8:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.