Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 4, 2021 11:03 AM

Jul 2015
I have watched the R;N last year and thought that the anime was mid. I have really enjoyed some episodes around the middle of the show as they kept me really engaged. I loved the fact that this show reflected a lot of real life places from Tanegashima. For unclear reasons, I always think back about this show. Has any of you felt the same kind of feelings I have felt?
BreakApartJul 4, 2021 11:08 AM
Jul 4, 2021 11:56 AM
Aug 2020
I feel you bro, doesn’t seem too special but I think they were really able to put the story together well. It being confusing, yet understandable is a difficult feat. Also furugoori
Jul 4, 2021 12:26 PM
Mar 2020
If you like these kind of things then check out the rest of the sciadv anime series : Stiens gate, stiens gate 0, chaos head, chaos child, occultic 9, i dont think ive missed any but someone will probably correct me
Jul 4, 2021 1:24 PM
Jan 2017
I really liked the show, I remember giving it an 8/10 and rewatched it last year and I would still give it an 8/10 it has its special moments that sticked with me, this was one of the first shows that I watched that I still remember quite well.
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Jul 4, 2021 1:47 PM

Jul 2015
Waintheweeb said:
If you like these kind of things then check out the rest of the sciadv anime series : Stiens gate, stiens gate 0, chaos head, chaos child, occultic 9, i dont think ive missed any but someone will probably correct me

I have seen all of them except Chaos Child. IMO, Steins;Gate was a masterpiece but rest of the series were mediocre at most.
Aug 7, 2021 6:54 AM

May 2016
Waintheweeb said:

Worst advice ever lol. SciADV is a visual novel series, which are really interconnected and telling a bigger story together. Each of them got an anime adaptation, but it's hard to called them "sciadv anime series", since the connections were basically cut out, even from the only good anime adaptation (Steins;Gate). Besides Steins;Gate, all of the anime adaptations are sh*t, and onde should never touch them if one wants to experience the Science Adventure Series. The VNs are all very good, Chaos;Child is even better than Steins;Gate

AttitudeEraBoy said:
Waintheweeb said:

I have seen all of them except Chaos Child. IMO, Steins;Gate was a masterpiece but rest of the series were mediocre at most.

You think that because you only watched their shitty anime adaptations. Play the VNs instead and you will change your mind. Chaos;Child is better than Steins;Gate ;) the VN, not the anime.
-
Oct 20, 2021 7:35 PM
Dec 2017
steins gate to me is still my fav

Jan 3, 2022 9:57 PM

Apr 2018
SciADV_Maniac said:
Waintheweeb said:

Worst advice ever lol. SciADV is a visual novel series, which are really interconnected and telling a bigger story together. Each of them got an anime adaptation, but it's hard to called them "sciadv anime series", since the connections were basically cut out, even from the only good anime adaptation (Steins;Gate). Besides Steins;Gate, all of the anime adaptations are sh*t, and onde should never touch them if one wants to experience the Science Adventure Series. The VNs are all very good, Chaos;Child is even better than Steins;Gate

AttitudeEraBoy said:

You think that because you only watched their shitty anime adaptations. Play the VNs instead and you will change your mind. Chaos;Child is better than Steins;Gate ;) the VN, not the anime.

Shouldn't most people already be well aware of the VNs? The general consensus has always been most of the anime adaptations are inferior to their VN counterparts, save for Steins;Gate.

Anyhow, I've had the VNs in my backlog for who knows how long, and I'm currently waiting for the Committee of Zero to complete their translation and port of Chaos;Head Noah. Since you've already read/played the VNs yourself, I may as well ask, do you think it's necessary to play Noah, or is the original Chaos:Haed sufficient enough? I only plan on playing one version, and I plan on going through all the VNs in release order (including spin-offs).
Jan 4, 2022 1:21 AM

May 2016
Purple_Gh0st24 said:
SciADV_Maniac said:

Shouldn't most people already be well aware of the VNs? The general consensus has always been most of the anime adaptations are inferior to their VN counterparts, save for Steins;Gate.

Anyhow, I've had the VNs in my backlog for who knows how long, and I'm currently waiting for the Committee of Zero to complete their translation and port of Chaos;Head Noah. Since you've already read/played the VNs yourself, I may as well ask, do you think it's necessary to play Noah, or is the original Chaos:Haed sufficient enough? I only plan on playing one version, and I plan on going through all the VNs in release order (including spin-offs).

Well yes, the anime is always inferior to the VN, but on the top of that, Chaos;Head and Chaos;Child are among the worst VN to anime adaptations ever made.

Anyway, good to hear you are planning to read the Science Adventure series. I never played NoAH, since I can't speak Japanese. I was fine with my base C;H knowledge, however there were some minor moments which I didn't understand in the later entries, and when I asked about them, I always got the "this is a NoAH moment" answer.

So if you only want to read one version, I would wait for NoAH. That is the version what C;H always meant to be afterall.
-
Jan 31, 2022 2:30 AM
Jun 2009
AttitudeEraBoy said:
I have watched the R;N last year and thought that the anime was mid. I have really enjoyed some episodes around the middle of the show as they kept me really engaged. I loved the fact that this show reflected a lot of real life places from Tanegashima. For unclear reasons, I always think back about this show. Has any of you felt the same kind of feelings I have felt?

Same, I remember watching this when it aired. Expecting it to be as great as Steins;Gate but was sorely disappointed by it.
Jan 31, 2022 5:04 AM

Jul 2015
mechian said:
AttitudeEraBoy said:

Same, I remember watching this when it aired. Expecting it to be as great as Steins;Gate but was sorely disappointed by it.
I really wanna rewatch it to relive the enjoyment I felt.
Feb 10, 2023 7:57 AM
Jul 2015
I just finished the visual novel of R;N Elite and it was such a treat. Every question and plot hole left by the anime was answered extensively. The anime does a good work adapting it but it rushes to the end and it didn't have the impact which the visual novel ending had. I wonder if R;N Dash is as good as the original. From what i saw it probably feels like a filler but we'll see. It took me 55 hours to complete the story and get a platinum trophy.
Mar 26, 2023 8:32 AM

May 2016
Walter_White18 said:
I just finished the visual novel of R;N Elite and it was such a treat. Every question and plot hole left by the anime was answered extensively. The anime does a good work adapting it but it rushes to the end and it didn't have the impact which the visual novel ending had. I wonder if R;N Dash is as good as the original. From what i saw it probably feels like a filler but we'll see. It took me 55 hours to complete the story and get a platinum trophy.

DaSH is not good, but it is important for A;C sadly
-

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

266 by Rinkitori31 »»
Apr 14, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Mar 21, 2013

339 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jan 22, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

216 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

303 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

156 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 4:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.