Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 4, 2021 11:59 PM

Mar 2008
Oh I really, really liked this and can't wait to see more.
Jul 5, 2021 12:02 AM

Mar 2014
2 pretty sweethearts & 7 gay asses
ummm i need to consider whether to keep watching or not.
Jul 5, 2021 2:27 AM

Mar 2009
MAPPA and killing their animators: name a more iconic duo.

The episode was fine, but the MC is annoying. And the dad really doesn't fit in.
Jul 5, 2021 2:38 AM

Apr 2021
Episode 1 seems quite alright so far. It was revealed that our main character has sadly lost his memories of the past 3 years, and that he was a former member of the water polo team. I feel really bad for his team members though, because it really felt like they've gone through so much together, and our main character's current condition unfortunately adds a bit more salt into the already open wound. It's really nice to know that he has such a supportive and caring family amidst the trauma they all had to face.

Anyways, it's funny to see how the main character's junior even managed to get into the same school as his and insists him on joining the water polo club. I'm curious to know about our main character's decision whether he'll partake in the sport again or not.

The ending caught me off guard, honestly. It seems that the woman has had an important role in Minato's life, and I can't wait to see the events that will unfold in the following episodes. Might give this show a shot.
AkiyafuruJul 5, 2021 2:44 AM

๐“—๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ฝ๐”‚, ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ผ ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฎ.

Jul 5, 2021 7:14 AM

Aug 2020
Nice beginning! Minato's story is very interesting, and evokes lots of thoughts about life. Let's see if he and his family will return to their normal lives before the incident, and find out who is that lady in the last scene.

The story swifts from comedy to serious tones very well. Looking forward to the next episode.

Jul 5, 2021 8:02 AM
Oct 2009
I like a light-hearted sports anime with lots of cute boys, so this looks like it'll hit the spot. The story is a bit deeper than I expected, in a good way so far. I look forward to seeing the actual sport animated.
Jul 5, 2021 8:37 AM
Feb 2021
A good start to an original sports anime made by (overworked) hard-working animators. (MAPPA, more pay for your workers, ok?)

Glad I can like Minato as a lovable and emotional main protagonist because something tells me there's more to the traffic accident which the probability of it not being the direct cause of his amnesia is plausible. It's a sadly realistic to see his family members trying to put up with a "everything's fine" face, including his sister who has PTSD of that day. I don't wanna be harsh, but I think it's on purpose they're avoiding to remind him of his memories for the past 3 years. Hopefully it's a powerful emotional impact when he starts remembering bits of his memories.

The only thing that I dislike in this episode is the stalker-ish, annoying & obviously unlikeable junior who keeps on pestering him to joing the water polo team. I wonder if he'll stop being more annoying even if he finds out what exactly happened to Minato's accident. Also the water polo team leader also does the same effect on Minato, but under an appropriate comedic timing until that annoying kid showed up next to him chasing Minato.

Well never to fear for Minato got a sudden kiss from a girl he fell in love at first sight via that sports magazine. Hope we get to see Minato's memories/flashback being pieced back together slowly & may we get less screentime on that annoying kid, junior.
Jul 5, 2021 1:34 PM

Dec 2020
eww, horny virgin mc.
Jul 5, 2021 3:00 PM

Jul 2019
Uhhhhhh it was fine?? Like the rehabilitation aspect was pretty interesting and handled... mostly well. Would have liked to see a little more about the medical rehab side, but im sure thats just me, and not lot of people care, so i understand why did that very fast 8 month timeskip. The characters seem good, the family was particulary really good. My problem was just that most of the jokes just did not land for me and there were A TON of jokes, even a little too much.
One thing i dont get is why everyone praising the animation... its literally just...fine? The art is pretty decent with good character designs, but the show basically did not move... at all. I dont mind the show not moving much, as it will matter more in the actual water polo matches (that will be hard to animate for sure), but i just dont get much of the praise for it tbh.
Jul 5, 2021 3:28 PM

Jan 2020
I think it's interesting, but the first episode felt kind of weird to me. I can't put my fingers on it, though I'd say I felt things didn't flow naturally or connect the way they should've. We'll see how this one goes.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jul 5, 2021 4:19 PM

Jun 2013
Decent start, interested to see how it turns out!
Jul 5, 2021 10:32 PM

Sep 2020
It'll be a good sports anime I think, it has some potential and the memory loss concept is something new in sports anime. Also, the animation and character designs are top-notch. No break MAPPA back at it again. Also, it's an anime original like Yuri on Ice so hoping for the best.
Jul 6, 2021 3:31 AM
Apr 2021
don’t know much about water polo, but this could pull a haikyuu and make me want to play, can’t wait for episode 2
Jul 6, 2021 8:48 AM

Aug 2015
Pretty solid episode. Characters are really enjoyable to watch.
Surprise kiss at the end, maybe she was his GF in the past?

Don't know anything about water polo so it should be fun to learn about it!

ENHYPEN for the OP, you love to see it! Their Japanese debut! <3
#FreePalestine ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ
Jul 6, 2021 4:35 PM
Jul 2021
Coming from a Waterpolo player...
I played Waterpolo on a travel team from the East Coast in the USA as a young adult, and am very excited to see the sport portrayed in Anime. I am a big fan of Haikyuu!, and I can already tell from this first episode that this will probably bring that same lighthearted fun where its just kids with rivalries, not a real villain in sight.

The vibes, the animation and the nostalgia that Re-Main brings has caught my eye, and I will be watching it's career with great interest.
Jul 7, 2021 8:01 AM
May 2021
Re-Main indeed proves that it had made by MAPPA. The animation and art style are perfect. I loved it. Also, the story seems cool. I'm gonna watch it. I'd suggest it to everyone keen on sports anime. ^^ Don't forget the OP by ENHYPEN!
Jul 7, 2021 8:06 AM
May 2021
doily said:
eww, horny virgin mc.
LMFAO
I guess the girl in the last scene was his gf before the coma.
Jul 7, 2021 4:05 PM
Sep 2019
I'll really need to watch more to form an opinion on this show so I guess I can only wait and see. It would be cool to see how minato gets back into water polo.
Jul 8, 2021 11:13 AM

Aug 2017
Our protagonist lost all his memories of playing Water Polo but he could recover them or not. The setup is pretty bland and the comedy failed. At least some guys are kinda hot.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 8, 2021 11:59 AM

Dec 2016
I always wondered that when a person lost their memory do they remember what they've studied, now I finally got the answer XD

Minato's everyday life was quite relatable just omit the rehab and add anime. That's my life in this shitty lockdown.

That camera scene was so relatable ๐Ÿ˜‚

The mom is so careless. Who does that while driving? Was that a right time to keep looking back just to admire your kids doing whatever?? Was it her first time seeing her kids get along or something? That was something I would see in a Hindi serial.

Also Fun Fact, Uemura Yuuto voiced the MC of Tsurune whose name is also Minato.

Anyway, it was a good start. I wish they keep this pace and hope it doesn't get boring as it continues.
Rickydory123Jul 8, 2021 12:03 PM
Jul 9, 2021 10:29 AM
Jan 2021
This is exactly what we needed for Summer!
An anime about splashy sport game with a good story ground

Actually, this is maybe one of the most interesting plot i've seen in any anisport out there. A boy who's former expert in sport department, losing his memory and body ability in an accident, and now try to regaining back and also at the same time achieving his past and also unknown glory. What a novel!

This is had potential becomes a huge sport anime. If.. the sport animation can also do the story justice. I won't be expecting "Haikyuu!" type of movement obviously, it's too much to ask. As long as they explain the rule of the Polo's game nicely, and if the movement of the game is fluid enough, it's a win for me
Jul 10, 2021 7:54 AM

Dec 2020
-Goblin said:
doily said:
eww, horny virgin mc.
LMFAO

hope they don't milk it too much. really don't need to watch him cream his speedo every episode.
Jul 10, 2021 4:14 PM
May 2021
doily said:
-Goblin said:
LMFAO

hope they don't milk it too much. really don't need to watch him cream his speedo every episode.
lololollol, yeah i don't wanna see him blushing like in every episode
Jul 10, 2021 4:43 PM
Jul 2018
a lot was explained in the episode like that kid about the kiss who also had a good explanation about the events, a lot of information about that training pool i hope this new character joins the time although there is something about it in ed.
Jul 12, 2021 10:53 AM

Jul 2020
Alright, finally got to Re-Main, which I was supposed to start a week ago lol

Anyways, the start was pretty solid, I'm definitely curious to see what happens next now that Chinu has stumbled upon Minato
Zackack99Jul 12, 2021 1:09 PM
Jul 12, 2021 10:58 AM

Jan 2020
Amnesia is a hit or miss and this episode did get a little repetitive with that message but I didn't hate it. It was a fine way to introduce us to this world and characters

that kiss was unexpected

Jul 28, 2021 12:05 PM
Sep 2018
a pretty good start. I'm a little bit hype !
Jul 29, 2021 9:02 PM
Mar 2021
This is pretty bad(4) tier animation from MAPPA nonetheless. Idaten is like 9000 times better animated than this. This feels like a budget San gatsu no lion, and I am a sucker for feels/funny slice of life and the story hook is pretty interesting, so I will keep up with this. But damn is the animation not what I was expecting. Specifically the reactionary faces and the paper like characters. Maybe its an artisitc plus economic decision combined but it took me aback. But good premise, will continue.
Jul 29, 2021 9:05 PM
Mar 2021
Rickydory123 said:
I always wondered that when a person lost their memory do they remember what they've studied, now I finally got the answer XD

Minato's everyday life was quite relatable just omit the rehab and add anime. That's my life in this shitty lockdown.

That camera scene was so relatable ๐Ÿ˜‚

The mom is so careless. Who does that while driving? Was that a right time to keep looking back just to admire your kids doing whatever?? Was it her first time seeing her kids get along or something? That was something I would see in a Hindi serial.

Also Fun Fact, Uemura Yuuto voiced the MC of Tsurune whose name is also Minato.

Anyway, it was a good start. I wish they keep this pace and hope it doesn't get boring as it continues.

Man have you ever watched J or K dramas, so many of those hindi tropes. It think its like an Asian thing. Even the family thing is also a huge crossover between anime and slice of life anime.
Jul 31, 2021 1:33 PM

Jul 2021
Maybe it's because I haven't watched a sport anime in ages, but I loved it.
Aug 7, 2021 8:05 PM

Dec 2010
Wait so.. isn't Minato 2 years older than his classmates? Why does he look like such a baby still? ha
Sep 8, 2021 11:01 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Not bad. We have a nice turtle mascot.
I find it sweet that they implied the sister was visiting all that time. The sister and brother are close on a non sis-con/bro-con level, and that's what I like to see. ;o;

Also like dang, when you forget ya girlfriend. RIP. Maybe. I dunno the plot. lol

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 18, 2021 7:32 PM
Apr 2015
Interesting. I like sports anime in general and the animation quality promises to be excellent. Looking forward to learning more about waterpolo and lots of teary moments. :)
Oct 3, 2021 11:13 AM

Jul 2015
Half a year in a coma and on top of that losing 3 years of your memories must be tough but at least nobody died. Interesting start so far with our main character Minato ..uhm I mean Taro Tanaka with him basically having the mindset of an elementary kid because of the amnesia.

Dec 24, 2022 8:07 AM
Dec 2022
This episode was surprisingly very interesting considering the fact that I just got into it because of the hot cinnamon rolls.
Dec 29, 2022 12:38 PM
Jan 2019
Im not a sportsman at all, but the first ep is kinda, only around the characters personality, and didnt maining the sport. It was a good start for me, I might continue watching, intresting anime, It worth a try...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 2, 2021

69 by IDontKnowAnyM0r3 »»
Apr 10, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 25, 2021

37 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 11, 2021

49 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:02 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4, 2021

106 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 7, 2021

34 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 5:40 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.