Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Post New Reply
Poll: Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion


Jul 21, 3:27 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 303
Blue_Maroon said:
What a waste of an interesting story and world.

I can only imagine how great this would have been if a good studio got their hands on it. There were points in this episode that I had no idea what was happening because the direction and animation were so all over the place. Plus that extremely rushed ending with Kumoko suddenly on Ariel’s side and them being the undisputed good guys in the story.

Very disappointed. 3/10. Closer to a 4 than a 2.

There's not good guy in this story.... Other than Shun but we all know how that ended.
Literally all the mentions of "Save the wolrd" or "We're the heroes" in Kumoko's side were added by the anime. In the novel Kumoko only says that she needs to do something, later in the story is revealed that that "something" was
.

It is kind of funny that the anime called the Demon Side the "Good Guys" 'cuz the "Good Guys" plan involves
.
 
 
Jul 21, 3:57 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 303
alidan said:
wow, this ending was bad, I never thought they would cleanly end it, but good god this was a hell of a rush job, they honestly would have been better off not having the hero side at all and just focusing on the spider so we can get to a logical conclusion point instead of cutting the anime literally mid fight and a seems like a condensed episode that could have been spaced out into 3 or 4

Funny enough this is more or less how Volume 5 ends.
The author doesn't like the episodic feeling of most LNs, so aside from the first arc (Elroe Great Labyrinth) most arcs in the novel aren't ended at the end of the volume but in the middle and the rest of the volume introduce the next event.

In fact, if the anime followed more closely this volume the ending would be worst. This volume (Volume 5) ends with:
Modified by linkhuesitos, Jul 21, 4:01 PM
 
Jul 21, 6:01 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 192
linkhuesitos said:
alidan said:
wow, this ending was bad, I never thought they would cleanly end it, but good god this was a hell of a rush job, they honestly would have been better off not having the hero side at all and just focusing on the spider so we can get to a logical conclusion point instead of cutting the anime literally mid fight and a seems like a condensed episode that could have been spaced out into 3 or 4

Funny enough this is more or less how Volume 5 ends.
The author doesn't like the episodic feeling of most LNs, so aside from the first arc (Elroe Great Labyrinth) most arcs in the novel aren't ended at the end of the volume but in the middle and the rest of the volume introduce the next event.

In fact, if the anime followed more closely this volume the ending would be worst. This volume (Volume 5) ends with:


Well, it seems that the vampire thing doesn't really matter in later volume in Demon Land (Sophia is way to strong to have any problem with her or Merazophis species).
 
Jul 25, 1:08 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2020
Posts: 34
Just finished this last night and I really enjoyed it!
I mean, from the first episode, I thought this is jus Tensura lookalike, a copy. But after 12 episode later I was just fascinated into Kumoko characters and the dual timeline plot really refreshing. I mean, without any timestamp, it force us to think what the correlation between Kumoko story and the Human world/Shun story.

I don't know if this show will ever get 2nd season, but it will be wasteful just to end this show at this episode, I want more of Kumoko's time!!

Overall, a good 7/10 for me.
 
Jul 29, 2:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 69
Now that it finished i can say the human part was trash for the full 24 episode, and we are talking about drop tier trash here.
At least "next season" will show if it was really a waste of time (if kumoko did nothing for 15 year, it would make sense as story writtingi) and possible Shun retardness who will not understant the forbidden knowledge he just got, i can call it without a second of hesitation
 
Aug 4, 10:30 AM
Shingster

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 2960
Cheating death by using copies huh a novel idea indeed. Sophia's response to the mechs though sure was cool. If anything unlike Shun and co the reincarnates serving the demons had the time to actually develop their skills making them far more deadly opponents. Taboo ended up having quite the price to be paid huh. Kumoko's new bod sure is really something. Quite the increase in vision range as well. Sophia sure managed to avoid death via the use of quite the unique method. Kumoko and Potimas sure didn't match well at all ability wise. Its nice that in the end a truce was agreed between Ariel and Kumoko. Still with this at least we know how Sophia ended up joining the demon army with her trusted protector. As well as where Kumoko stands in the present as well. Overall an interesting ep that did well in both resolving Kumoko's and Sophia's past while leaving plenty of plotlines within the present to continue with in the next season. Overall an 8/10 will be the best score i think.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Aug 4, 2:33 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 1114
That was a great re-watch. I love how since I knew Kumoko was on the Demon Lord team my support was fully on their side lol.

I can't wait to get past the anime portion of the light novel and get onto the adventures of Ariel and Kumoko. I've heard good stuff from it. I love how you always see Ariel and Kumoko together in most scenes. Can't wait for the cute bonding.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Aug 7, 7:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 6
Is it just me or did the quality of the CGI degrade over the last 4 episodes or so? Also, the CGI usage appeared in scenes it has no business being in. Anybody feel differently?
 
 
Aug 10, 6:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 134
This anime started okay and after the 2nd half it became really good.
Very surprised by it. 8/10
.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
 
Aug 13, 7:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 14106
Those machines were a lot more useless than I expected. They don't seem much more useful than the elf fodder.

Speaking of elf fodder, I really didn't care much for the half-elf girl's death/revival. It also feels like we need more explanation on where this mercy skill came from. At least with taboo Shun might become a little more knowledgable of the world.

Hiro's arrival in the present timeline sent chills down my spine.

Hiro's fight against Potimas was surprisingly cool. Potimas is more dangerous than I gave him credit for. Shutting down skills/magic and most stats is op. Too bad the machines couldn't do the same.

We finally get an explanation with how Hiro and Ariel started working together. Too bad we won't see their journey into war with the humans unless we somehow get a season 2.
 
 
Aug 14, 10:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 192
G_Spark233 said:
Those machines were a lot more useless than I expected. They don't seem much more useful than the elf fodder.

Speaking of elf fodder, I really didn't care much for the half-elf girl's death/revival. It also feels like we need more explanation on where this mercy skill came from. At least with taboo Shun might become a little more knowledgable of the world.

Hiro's arrival in the present timeline sent chills down my spine.

Hiro's fight against Potimas was surprisingly cool. Potimas is more dangerous than I gave him credit for. Shutting down skills/magic and most stats is op. Too bad the machines couldn't do the same.

We finally get an explanation with how Hiro and Ariel started working together. Too bad we won't see their journey into war with the humans unless we somehow get a season 2.


Well it's hard to say that the machines are not OP (magic has no effect on them after all), but it's clear that Sophia is much more powerfull than expected.
 
Aug 18, 7:25 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2020
Posts: 2
As anime watcher only I'm impressed by the plot twist
 
Aug 18, 7:28 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2020
Posts: 2
NYFLNCNV said:
Is it just me or did the quality of the CGI degrade over the last 4 episodes or so? Also, the CGI usage appeared in scenes it has no business being in. Anybody feel differently?

I agree, the CGI is very bad over the last 4 episodes. Glad they make better animation on the final battle between Potimas and Wakaba.
 
Aug 20, 12:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1554
Aoi Yuuki crushed it as Kumoko, and that first ED is an all timer. It's kind of weird to imagine watching a dub and then it just cuts to Aoi Yuuki's ED as Kumoko.
 
Aug 22, 8:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 92
Ugh... What a way to ruin a great concept. How can a show called So I'm a Spider, So What? have so little spider in it? Every time they showed me the idealistic/traitorous humans, I wanted to barf. If I wanted to see a generic fantasy anime with a "Let's Kill God" complex, there are dozens of other choices I could have picked. Also:



Started as an 8, by the end it became a low 6.
 
 
Aug 22, 8:58 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 176
Mist878 said:
Ugh... What a way to ruin a great concept. How can a show called So I'm a Spider, So What? have so little spider in it? Every time they showed me the idealistic/traitorous humans, I wanted to barf. If I wanted to see a generic fantasy anime with a "Let's Kill God" complex, there are dozens of other choices I could have picked. Also:



Started as an 8, by the end it became a low 6.
This season absolutely just a prologue, so i can tell why people still confuse or drop it. It leaves some whole plots there and It takes 5 volumes of LN just to connect present and future only. Once it gets S2 you'll see how good and bad human at same time while Spider Girl and Demon Lord also her gang will take a long journey. Many great events will come later.
 
Aug 22, 9:07 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 176
groudonvert said:
G_Spark233 said:
Those machines were a lot more useless than I expected. They don't seem much more useful than the elf fodder.

Speaking of elf fodder, I really didn't care much for the half-elf girl's death/revival. It also feels like we need more explanation on where this mercy skill came from. At least with taboo Shun might become a little more knowledgable of the world.

Hiro's arrival in the present timeline sent chills down my spine.

Hiro's fight against Potimas was surprisingly cool. Potimas is more dangerous than I gave him credit for. Shutting down skills/magic and most stats is op. Too bad the machines couldn't do the same.

We finally get an explanation with how Hiro and Ariel started working together. Too bad we won't see their journey into war with the humans unless we somehow get a season 2.


Well it's hard to say that the machines are not OP (magic has no effect on them after all), but it's clear that Sophia is much more powerfull than expected.
Potimas hasn't show up his trump card yet. That small glorias just his first move to fight against demon army there.
 
Aug 28, 10:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 87
can anyone explain
 
Aug 28, 12:02 PM
黒の剣士

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 3515
Dawwwg I’m mad af because I never knew the final episode to this had aired. I knew it was delayed, but I didn’t know it came out the following week. I’ve missed this for 8 weeks wtf.

As for the episode, my God they should’ve held this until August minimum. The production quantity was abysmal. Felt rushed, looked horrible and just didn’t have any of that magic we’ve come to expect from kumo desu. I’m glad we finally got some clarification on Potimas and the battle lines are now clearly drawn, but I think this was poorly done. I’ll have to get the LNs because I don’t trust this studio to tell this story. Hopefully someone else steps in
Subscribe to my Youtube: MariNate
 
Aug 28, 2:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 181
shouyo said:
can anyone explain


That's not his real body, as evidenced by how he was killed by Sophia earlier and still survived.

As for why that body in particular, it's explained in one of the next two novels:

 
 
Aug 31, 11:46 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 5
Holy crap this probably had the worst music of any anime I’ve seen. If you’re going to put after-credit scenes after most of the episodes at least make the ending theme bearable. It was literally just noise.

The CGI, or pseudo-CGI, they used was absolutely terrible. The traditional animation wasn’t much better but I would have still preferred it 100% of the time. Its use didn’t seem that bad, or not as prolific, during the first 2/3 of the show but the final episodes were horribly plagued by it. During these scenes the Sub and dub were like watching a cliche 90s anime dub where they don’t fix the lip movement or timing—it was just open, close, open, close like ducks were talking. Not to mention the horribly non-fluid, slow movements especially during fight scenes.

Honestly, this episode left a lot to be desired. Was it good? Kind of. It was alright. It felt more like the episode before the finale though which was a bummer. The show uses deus ex machina entirely too much (but that can probably be said about most anime) and it does the cliche thing where it throws a ton of skills and text at you entirely too fast for you to comprehend but still long enough to get that this is “just like your vidya games, you youngins’!” Seriously, at some points I needed to pause and squint my eyes just to read all the skills because the skill list became a literal chapter from a LN on screen. Also, none of the skills really matter until they do, the writers even realized this by having to remind the viewer that the MC had skill #472 before it saves her life multiple times.


I waited a bit before starting this series because the first episode really didn’t catch my attention but I decided to give it a go recently after it concluded and I’m glad I did. If I had to wait weekly for these episodes I might have dropped it. Don’t get me wrong, it was fun and entertaining but it was also a hot mess. The fact that these people who were good friends meet up for the first time and just think to themselves “okay, I’m going to kill you” without any reason except they’re on team A and the others are on team B is just dumb. There’s no compassion or sympathy whatsoever expressed between any of the classmates and it really pulled me out of whatever immersion the writers were going for.

Im giving the final episode a 7/10 and the whole series a 6/10.
 
Sep 1, 3:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 181
RaysFTW said:
The fact that these people who were good friends meet up for the first time and just think to themselves “okay, I’m going to kill you” without any reason except they’re on team A and the others are on team B is just dumb. There’s no compassion or sympathy whatsoever expressed between any of the classmates and it really pulled me out of whatever immersion the writers were going for.


What? Shun and the teacher are 100% trying to be sympathetic (not to mention the dragongirl), to a practically unbelievable degree. They've been in this world for 15 years, almost longer than they were alive in their previous life.

How is it logical for someone to have any significant attachment to people they barely knew for little more than a year 15 years ago?

If you're talking specifically about team spider; they have very, very good reasons for not appearing to care about their former classmates. Some of which was already explained, and some of which is revealed in the next segment of the story.
 
Sep 1, 3:40 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 5
Offkorn said:
What? Shun and the teacher are 100% trying to be sympathetic (not to mention the dragongirl), to a practically unbelievable degree. They've been in this world for 15 years, almost longer than they were alive in their previous life.

How is it logical for someone to have any significant attachment to people they barely knew for little more than a year 15 years ago?

If you're talking specifically about team spider; they have very, very good reasons for not appearing to care about their former classmates. Some of which was already explained, and some of which is revealed in the next segment of the story.


Please no spoilers.

Im 33, if I saw someone I knew from high school fall on the sidewalk I would have the compassion to at least ask if they were okay. Yes, some of them did show this compassion and unwillingness to kill each other but the ninja, forget his name, was friends with Shun, seemed like pretty good friends, and decided 15 years later that he would kill him without second thought?

I could understand it, maybe, if they spent more time developing the characters, even a single episode showing what they’ve gone through and why they might think and feel differently now but we got nothing. Idc and I don’t want to hear anything past the anime and I understand somethings are left for a possible season 2 but I don’t believe it was the right call to hold off in explaining justification of the behavior until the next season. It only makes the characters this season feel more 2D and bland.
 
Sep 2, 5:44 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 176
RaysFTW said:
Offkorn said:
What? Shun and the teacher are 100% trying to be sympathetic (not to mention the dragongirl), to a practically unbelievable degree. They've been in this world for 15 years, almost longer than they were alive in their previous life.

How is it logical for someone to have any significant attachment to people they barely knew for little more than a year 15 years ago?

If you're talking specifically about team spider; they have very, very good reasons for not appearing to care about their former classmates. Some of which was already explained, and some of which is revealed in the next segment of the story.


Please no spoilers.

Im 33, if I saw someone I knew from high school fall on the sidewalk I would have the compassion to at least ask if they were okay. Yes, some of them did show this compassion and unwillingness to kill each other but the ninja, forget his name, was friends with Shun, seemed like pretty good friends, and decided 15 years later that he would kill him without second thought?

I could understand it, maybe, if they spent more time developing the characters, even a single episode showing what they’ve gone through and why they might think and feel differently now but we got nothing. Idc and I don’t want to hear anything past the anime and I understand somethings are left for a possible season 2 but I don’t believe it was the right call to hold off in explaining justification of the behavior until the next season. It only makes the characters this season feel more 2D and bland.
i think he doesn't give a spoiler yet. Well i can feel you if you were watching Shun part. Sadly you won't get the real reason behind their POV in this series since it will be answered later if there is season 2 or 3. This first season probably was a prologue of endgame (Based Shun POV) that leave some mysteries would be revealed later.
 
Sep 3, 4:47 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 192
Kusama (the Ninja) didn't Try to kill Shun, he litteraly told them :"Run !"
 
 
Sep 13, 8:48 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2021
Posts: 1
Kapan EPS 25 S2nya
 
Sep 18, 1:38 AM

Online
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 7726
The overuse of bad cgi was disappointing and the classmate plotline felt boring to sit through (especially since that ended on a cliffhanger just after reuniting with Kumoko), but the energetic Kumoko plotline was fun to watch because of her superb personality and rpg survivaling. I can't wait for the second season to see the rest of the story.
Konnichiwa fellow weebs
Noot Noot, mah brothas
R̶̰̃e̸̢͋ḷ̵̂ë̸̲́a̷̖͗s̶̙̀e̵̹̋ ̴̠̒m̷̨͘e̴͓͠ ̸̠̅f̶̢̾r̶̠͊o̴͔͑ṃ̷͝ ̸̖̆ṁ̶ͅẙ̸̯ ̷̭̇m̸̛̝ȍ̸͔r̵̖̎t̵͈̄a̶̛͎l̸͖͠ ̴͔̿p̸̨̈́a̸̖͊ì̴͈n̴̡̑
 
Sep 22, 11:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 400
i liked this episode even though it was still a bit chaotic, i don't really like this anime that much but ill be definitely waiting for season 2 to come out
 
Sep 22, 11:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 400
i liked this episode even though it was still a bit chaotic, i don't really like this anime that much but ill be definitely waiting for season 2 to come out
 
Sep 30, 8:57 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 571
I hate finales that leave me hanging with unanswered questions! Hopefully, there will be a 2nd season that'll provide answers and closure. However, I did like that the demons were actually the good guys.


"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
 
Oct 4, 12:32 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 3
Personally had no issues with the CGI aspect of it, the show was enjoyable but I honestly could care less about the human side and their struggles.
I'm a bit torn about season 2 cause it would basically lose all that fun side about Kumoko being a spider and it would just become even more your run of the mill isekai. The only thing that could make season 2 worth it would be a great story and character development but seeing season 1, I kinda doubt that will happen
 
Oct 4, 3:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 181
Rokugan said:
Personally had no issues with the CGI aspect of it, the show was enjoyable but I honestly could care less about the human side and their struggles.
I'm a bit torn about season 2 cause it would basically lose all that fun side about Kumoko being a spider and it would just become even more your run of the mill isekai. The only thing that could make season 2 worth it would be a great story and character development but seeing season 1, I kinda doubt that will happen

Lol, the next few novels are very much not run of the mill isekai. I highly doubt there will ever be a season two precisely because of how much not isekai they are.

And you never see the human side again until like 5 books later.
 
 
Oct 4, 3:49 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 3
Offkorn said:
Rokugan said:
Personally had no issues with the CGI aspect of it, the show was enjoyable but I honestly could care less about the human side and their struggles.
I'm a bit torn about season 2 cause it would basically lose all that fun side about Kumoko being a spider and it would just become even more your run of the mill isekai. The only thing that could make season 2 worth it would be a great story and character development but seeing season 1, I kinda doubt that will happen

Lol, the next few novels are very much not run of the mill isekai. I highly doubt there will ever be a season two precisely because of how much not isekai they are.

And you never see the human side again until like 5 books later.


that sounds pretty interesting, might be worth picking up the novel then rather than wait around and hope for a S2. But I guess they still can't do much about Kumoko not being a spider anymore technically
 
Oct 4, 7:20 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 192
Rokugan said:
Offkorn said:

Lol, the next few novels are very much not run of the mill isekai. I highly doubt there will ever be a season two precisely because of how much not isekai they are.

And you never see the human side again until like 5 books later.


that sounds pretty interesting, might be worth picking up the novel then rather than wait around and hope for a S2. But I guess they still can't do much about Kumoko not being a spider anymore technically


Kumoko is still a spider.
 
Oct 4, 7:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 3
groudonvert said:
Rokugan said:


that sounds pretty interesting, might be worth picking up the novel then rather than wait around and hope for a S2. But I guess they still can't do much about Kumoko not being a spider anymore technically


Kumoko is still a spider.


are you talking about the LN? Cause for how season 1 ended that doesn't seem to be a thing
 
Oct 4, 8:40 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 176
Offkorn said:
Rokugan said:
Personally had no issues with the CGI aspect of it, the show was enjoyable but I honestly could care less about the human side and their struggles.
I'm a bit torn about season 2 cause it would basically lose all that fun side about Kumoko being a spider and it would just become even more your run of the mill isekai. The only thing that could make season 2 worth it would be a great story and character development but seeing season 1, I kinda doubt that will happen

Lol, the next few novels are very much not run of the mill isekai. I highly doubt there will ever be a season two precisely because of how much not isekai they are.

And you never see the human side again until like 5 books later.
Wait you must be kidding right now to forget Dustin, Ronnandt, Julius, Aurel, Burimus, some random Adventurers POV, in the LN vol.6-10 (meanwhile anime only covered LN Vol.1-5). They are human too.

No S2 would be a waste since it will answer the most questions that S1 left in anime. Also there are big events that will suprise everyone.
Modified by goib1234, Oct 4, 9:02 PM
 
Oct 5, 4:10 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 192
Rokugan said:
groudonvert said:


Kumoko is still a spider.


are you talking about the LN? Cause for how season 1 ended that doesn't seem to be a thing


Arachne has still a spider part. But even when she becomes human later, she still thinks like a spider.
 
Oct 5, 4:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 181
goib1234 said:
Wait you must be kidding right now to forget Dustin, Ronnandt, Julius, Aurel, Burimus, some random Adventurers POV, in the LN vol.6-10 (meanwhile anime only covered LN Vol.1-5). They are human too.


None of those are Shun's party, and until the Julius novel (which is terrible) they are all extremely short 1 or 2 scene interludes.

They obviously don't count.
 
 
Oct 6, 9:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 176
Offkorn said:
goib1234 said:
Wait you must be kidding right now to forget Dustin, Ronnandt, Julius, Aurel, Burimus, some random Adventurers POV, in the LN vol.6-10 (meanwhile anime only covered LN Vol.1-5). They are human too.


None of those are Shun's party, and until the Julius novel (which is terrible) they are all extremely short 1 or 2 scene interludes.

They obviously don't count.
i can see but that because the timeline there. And vol.11 isn't that bad just because no MC POV there.

Every human POV are obviously count it, even Elf and Demon too.
 
Oct 7, 1:39 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 192
Offkorn said:
goib1234 said:
Wait you must be kidding right now to forget Dustin, Ronnandt, Julius, Aurel, Burimus, some random Adventurers POV, in the LN vol.6-10 (meanwhile anime only covered LN Vol.1-5). They are human too.


None of those are Shun's party, and until the Julius novel (which is terrible) they are all extremely short 1 or 2 scene interludes.

They obviously don't count.


LN6 has more Ronandt chapter than Kumoko ^^
 
Oct 7, 8:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 24252
First half was basically what I wanted from Slime Tensei or any other reincarnate as a weak monster series. I preferred the first half and would have liked more like that, but the second half did keep me interested. For once I'm actually feeling like I could see myself picking up the LN.
 
Oct 13, 11:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 2288
The main thing that made this series so uniquely interesting to watch was Kumoko in her cute spider form. Now that she will stay in her human form it won't be so entertaining anymore.
Also, I absolutely hate robots, especially when they take the form of humans. So the last fight wasn't pleasant to watch.
But this is still the most entertaining anime that I have seen in a while, so I still like it and am planning to watch a second season if it is made, though I don't care enough for it to start reading the novel.

I wish Kumoko would take back the part of her mind that is affecting Ariel, so Ariel would go back to be just Ariel. Now the situation is a bit weird, because it's not clear exactly to what extent Ariel is still being able to think with her own mind. The way how she talked in the end, also considering the other things that she said in other episodes about the enemies that she fought against in the past, makes it really seem like now she is not herself anymore but a copy of Kumoko's mind in another body. So it feels like now there are two Kumoko acting in different bodies.
 
Oct 13, 10:24 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 176
Mummykun said:
The main thing that made this series so uniquely interesting to watch was Kumoko in her cute spider form. Now that she will stay in her human form it won't be so entertaining anymore.
Also, I absolutely hate robots, especially when they take the form of humans. So the last fight wasn't pleasant to watch.
But this is still the most entertaining anime that I have seen in a while, so I still like it and am planning to watch a second season if it is made, though I don't care enough for it to start reading the novel.

I wish Kumoko would take back the part of her mind that is affecting Ariel, so Ariel would go back to be just Ariel. Now the situation is a bit weird, because it's not clear exactly to what extent Ariel is still being able to think with her own mind. The way how she talked in the end, also considering the other things that she said in other episodes about the enemies that she fought against in the past, makes it really seem like now she is not herself anymore but a copy of Kumoko's mind in another body. So it feels like now there are two Kumoko acting in different bodies.
i can't blame that, but everyone include the spider will grow sooner or later. But White still Kumoko, Ariel still Ariel but just share Kumoko memory and personality a bit. The only difference just condition and reason that will be revealed next season probably, but White still funny and entertaining ngl. Even kumoko herself wants to get her human form as fast as possible.
Modified by goib1234, Oct 13, 10:34 PM
 
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

Preview MangaManga Store