Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Girlfriend, Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2021 10:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Naoya makes probably the most straightforward and stunning impression in front of anyone this season so far LOL. A huge hug to Saki in front of everyone!

They really went out to make Naoya as annoying as possible but hey, that's the way his character is. Nagisa also got introduced and she's quite a cutie. I'm expecting plenty of goofy (and some fan service like the bath scenes) moments from this show, especially with these character personalities.
Jul 2, 2021 10:55 AM

Jul 2017
From the author of Aho Girl and Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to, this sure ain't another case of OsaMake, and a definite rom-com with development through and through.

A peppy OST, definitely fits this rom-com enough.

The spineless Naoya Mukai and his 1st childhood friend-turned-girlfriend, the bashul Saki Saki...and the 3rd party that is the dog-like cutesy 1st year Nagisa Minase confessing outright to Naoya, and boy does she have loads of preparation for her BIG day, taking the "A man's heart is through his stomach" adage both figuratively and literally.

Naoya is no KanoKari's Kazuya for that matter, and he's more stank to ask for a two-timing negotiation. LIKE DUDE, which guy asks his girlfriend for a 2-timing situation that seems OK in others' eyes? The determination of this degenerate of a guy to even go for a Dogeza to get his request across, WOW.

But to actually try 2-timing, I must admit that I've gotta give my thumbs up for Naoya for trying to work thnigs out between Saki and Nagisa, the latter which her proportions are stacked with an innocent mindset about romantic relationships. Though all of that threesome hijinks...eh I won't press it any further due to the sleaziness that's exactly like Aho Girl. We'll just have to wait and see!

NGL, I was gonna read the manga soon enough, but the anime made the experience 10X better for the laughs.
Interesting premiere episode nonetheless, gonna have some fun with this after rubbing off the distasteful OsaMake.
KANLen09Jul 2, 2021 11:41 AM
Jul 2, 2021 11:03 AM

Oct 2017
Major bruh moment, this Naoya dude is either an ultra chad or just a major pushover who just can't say no.
Jul 2, 2021 11:11 AM

May 2011
Legally two-timing don't know why but it was hilarious. Sad that the 3P was denied though :(
Jul 2, 2021 11:48 AM

May 2020
Naoya is the rom-com protagonist that I have always wished for. No bullshit and just straightforward.
Jul 2, 2021 11:51 AM

Jun 2019
Well, I'm pretty sure Saki enjoyed that hug from Naoya but he definitely needs to learn to do such things more privately. LOL. Also, Saki is trying her best to not get angry. The girls are definitely really cute in this show. Naoya is an interesting character for sure.

The OP is interesting, not the biggest fan but it's fine. The animation looks great tho. Nagisa really came well prepared to confess to Naoya. Of course, she was working her butt off for the past three months. LOL. And, yes the big brain Naoya is going to ask Saki if he can do two-time with Nagisa as well. LMAO. Definitely, a man of culture, can't deny an offer from such a cute girl. I'm gonna try my luck if Naoya succeded with all the girls by the end. Kapp

Definitely a fun start to the show. Really funny moments thrown here and there. The girls are really adorable. I love their character designs.

Jul 2, 2021 11:59 AM
Sep 2020
Lmao, Naoya just has to be honest to everyone, he's very energetic and straightforward, I like that about him.

I've been looking forward to this anime since it got announced, definitely liking it after the 1st episode. especially the OST, I like the OP & ED lots. excited to see next week's episode!
Jul 2, 2021 11:59 AM

Jan 2021
I'm praying, I pray with all my soul that it's not another Osamake, please....
I'm liking this, although I think it's also because of the excitement that Spain just made it to the semifinal in the Euro :D

The MC is the typical hottie who can't make up his mind for any, but he's better than Haru from Osamake 😂

I feel like it's going to be very cliché, but one of those I'm going to like, I just hope it doesn't end up boring me
Jul 2, 2021 12:02 PM

Sep 2019
I absolutely love the VAs, they're all great. These characters are so dumb and over the top that I love it. I hope it'll be as funny as the manga. The animation was meh.
Jul 2, 2021 12:07 PM

Apr 2020
I’ve been waiting for this since forever! As a original manga reader I really loved this episode, the music and the animation as well is so good. I’m very excited to see the future episodes let alone people reaction to it.
10/10 to far (exaggerating for that score lmao) Also I laughed so hard when I was watching this episode. If they adapt it the next chapter perfectly, it’ll be the best comedy anime.
IssyBoyJul 2, 2021 2:15 PM
Nina supporter for life💕
Jul 2, 2021 12:24 PM

Aug 2018
This series is so much better than Osamake, if the studio adapts the next chapters perfectly it would be one of the best comedy harem 😂
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Jul 2, 2021 12:25 PM
Mar 2019
What anime is this, i love it😂😂😂
Jul 2, 2021 12:27 PM
Jun 2020
i wasn't expecting for this to be as funny as it is
Jul 2, 2021 12:28 PM
Sep 2020
First of all I would like to give the most ofmy points to comedy other than that, there's no way I'm watching this. The story is cringe asf but I can probably watch it but seeing the mf mc, the anime is a 5/10 for me
Jul 2, 2021 12:28 PM

Apr 2014
I love it!!!!!!
Naoya is so straightforward and dumb, but that's are the things that make this series great. Honestly, no one dared enough to say that he want to 3P in front of his girlfriends, but Naoya could do it with ease. lmao... He also could also be one for the 'chad' of the season candidate.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 2, 2021 12:31 PM

Jul 2020
This anime seems so stupid.

Naoya is so stupid that its funny, the art looks really good. Even though I lost brain cells watching this first episode, it looks like Kanojo no Kamojo will make for a very interesting series that I'll be watching all the way through.
Jul 2, 2021 12:32 PM
Jun 2021
Honestly, I think this might get even more spicy in the next few episodes, because it is quite a volatile idea and anything could happen, which makes it even more interesting. Also, Naoya's got quite some nerve to do that, but overall he just goes straight to the point, which makes him a potential chad. And you bet I'll be looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 2, 2021 12:33 PM

Apr 2009
If someone is really in love with someone they wouldn't want to date someone else. Another straight guy harem fantasy.
Jul 2, 2021 12:40 PM

Aug 2020
Not sure why but Naoya seems to annoy me, he seems too serious.
Jul 2, 2021 12:42 PM
Apr 2020
I know this is gonna be a male fantasy sort of show, but it looks like it's gonna be a riot shitpost, so I'm in
Jul 2, 2021 12:46 PM
Dec 2020
The animation is good for the girls but for the Naoya and others it isn't that good, also why is he always screaming like is he ok? The plot is 7/10, Nagisa is cute and the white haired girl idk her name that's all im looking forward for the next episode.
Jul 2, 2021 12:47 PM

Apr 2018
I don't think a lot of people can handle Naoyo's cringeness LOL but what the hell xD
This anime has a lot of good VA's, hopefully this will continue to bring out funny and wholesome episodes. Seems like this is from the same Author as Aho Girls. I'm expecting some good comedy.

Damn Naoyo sure is a horny and honest man, he wanted a threesome with them LUL. Sakisaki is the best girl imo right now. Nagise is a bit too shy but she def is cute.

A weird start but the opening and ending really are lively, so is the OST. REALLY REALLY LIVELY. It gives me some lofi hiphop vibes.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 2, 2021 12:47 PM

Mar 2018
....what the hell am I even supose to say about that? Like I can talk about how this is the stupidest show with the most braindead characters I have ever seen, but it is so utterly ridiculous that the author clearly knows how absolutely stupid this all is. My brain is melting while watching the show and I have to pause every minute to comprehend the stupidity, and I stiill laughed my ass of at moments.

I have no fucking clue if I either really love it or really hate it
Jul 2, 2021 12:48 PM
Dec 2019
Jhyrj said:
The animation is good for the girls but for the Naoya and others it isn't that good, also why is he always screaming like is he ok? The plot is 7/10, Nagisa is cute and the white haired girl idk her name that's all im looking forward for the next episode.
Lol...be prepared for three charecters to just scream the whole anime😂...it's still funny tho.
I have also read the manga...both are a 7/10 for me so far.
Jul 2, 2021 12:50 PM
Dec 2019
expired_0 said:
Not sure why but Naoya seems to annoy me, he seems too serious.
Him being too serious annoys every character in the manga/anime as well...so I can say it is pretty much intentionally done.
Jul 2, 2021 12:51 PM
Dec 2007
For whatever reason im liking the anime more than I liked the manga. Maybe it's the voice actors or something, but Nagoya really started to get on my nerves in the manga
Jul 2, 2021 12:52 PM

May 2020
lol wtf is wrong with the MC 😂

at first i thought it would be some kind of osamake, but ngl it's really fun and hilarious, really enjoyed it a lot..

Jul 2, 2021 12:53 PM

Oct 2013
ERROR-88 said:
Naoya is the rom-com protagonist that I have always wished for. No bullshit and just straightforward.

Dude straight up recommended a threesome

I dig it
Jul 2, 2021 12:54 PM

May 2020
I was laughing all through the entire episode, I'm in for this trashy history.

I hope this doesn't go to a cringe series like OsaMake and will go to something like Rent a Girlfriend.
Jul 2, 2021 12:57 PM

Apr 2016
I honestly wasn't expecting this to be fun to watch. Really funny anime and will watch the rest of it.
Jul 2, 2021 1:01 PM
Mar 2021
I was sceptical at first but I can tell this show is going to be a fun watch
Jul 2, 2021 1:05 PM

Jul 2019
Aight, found my Anime of the Season. This was one wild ride
Jul 2, 2021 1:06 PM
Nov 2020
Superismaeel said:
I’ve been waiting for this since forever! As a original manga reader I really loved this episode, the music and the animation as well is so good. I’m very excited to see the future episodes let alone people reaction to it.
10/10 to far (exaggerating for that score lmao)
has the manga ended?
Jul 2, 2021 1:06 PM

Dec 2020
I have a feeling this will be the dumpster fire of the summer season
Jul 2, 2021 1:08 PM

Sep 2011
I already love this anime, it is really funny and I laughed a lot ... The male protagonist is straightforward and I like it... The two heroines are very unique, I can't choose who is the best for now ahah I really like both of them lol

otakuclub94Jul 2, 2021 1:11 PM
Jul 2, 2021 1:14 PM

Jan 2021
I live for shows like this!!! I can already feel the spice… no pun intended lol.

Edit: Imagine dropping this masterpiece. How do people not like it? I understand people have their own opinions, but come on. The show’s MC is one the most entertaining I’ve seen in a while. He’s so straightforward; the opposite of your average rom-com protagonist. Some people think it’s cringe, and I agree with them. But this cringe is one of the best cringefests I’ve seen.
SpicelitJul 2, 2021 4:29 PM
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Jul 2, 2021 1:25 PM
Nov 2019
as long as the MC doesn't start acting or more like weirdly dancing and singing, im all in for this show
Jul 2, 2021 1:26 PM
Feb 2021
i really liked ep 1, I was expecting it to take itself too seriously but i was wrong. Super funny and pretty original for a newly releasing rom-com. Art and animation is also really nice
Jul 2, 2021 1:30 PM
Jun 2021
The manga is definitely better. The anime is fine it’s just cringy and has less comical timing
Jul 2, 2021 1:33 PM

Nov 2016
These skirts are short and it's pretty over the top lol. Should be decent trashy fun.

PS: Was about to say that I would be disappointed if this doesn't end with a threesome. Shame on you MC-kun 😔

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 2, 2021 1:35 PM
Nov 2009
Expected it to be way more cringe, but was surprisingly not too bad and I enjoyed the episode a lot tbh. Also got some serious One Winged Angel vibes from the soundtrack that played when Sakisaki went raid boss mode lmao.

Jhyrj said:

Well that's basically what this series is, and if you thought this episode was over the top, it gets even more extreme later on.

Also white hair girls name is Shino btw

EthereaL015 said:
I was laughing all through the entire episode, I'm in for this trashy history.

I hope this doesn't go to a cringe series like OsaMake and will go to something like Rent a Girlfriend.

Nope, this is nothing like Rent a Girlfriend
, this is way more over the top and less bullshit
Jul 2, 2021 1:36 PM

Feb 2021
I personally doubt this anime will portray a truthfully-consentual 3-person romance, so many clues being dropped that at least one of them isn't truly OK with this deep down.

I'm interested in how they go about this.
On my to-watch list going forward for now.
Jul 2, 2021 1:37 PM
Sep 2020
Just hope it doesnt fall off like osamake did
Jul 2, 2021 1:37 PM
Feb 2021
I definitely.Enjoyed it so much than i expected! I never laughed so hard since Gintama aired 😭💜
Jul 2, 2021 1:38 PM

Feb 2021
Jhyrj said:
why is he always screaming like is he ok?

This bothers me so goddamn much with so many anime. Why do some characters fucking shout everything they say, is it supposed to be for comic effect or something?
Jul 2, 2021 1:42 PM
May 2020
LEviACkerman0808 said:
First of all I would like to give the most ofmy points to comedy other than that, there's no way I'm watching this. The story is cringe asf but I can probably watch it but seeing the mf mc, the anime is a 5/10 for me
then dont watch it…this show just isn’t for you
Jul 2, 2021 1:43 PM

Jan 2015
Omfg what is this trash.
I wholeheartedly disagree with poly relationships irl so it was even worse watching this episode, BUT it had some decent comedy and it’s a nice change of pace from the usual romcom, so I’m gonna watch some more episodes before deciding to drop it.

Anyways, good OP I like it
XenocrisiJul 2, 2021 1:47 PM
Jul 2, 2021 1:50 PM

Jul 2014
Ah man, it's so awesome to see a manga you're following animated. And to hear them talk! It makes me so happy to hear them. I'm such a fan of Ayane Sakura and I can't wait for Ayana Taketatsu's Mirika <3.

That said, I didn't start following it until several chapters later so this is all new to me for now... they are so dumb, I love it!
Jul 2, 2021 1:52 PM
May 2017
Lol people who take this anime seriously probably know nothing about Hiroyuki's works
Jul 2, 2021 1:53 PM
Dec 2020
HatTrickPatrick said:
Jhyrj said:
why is he always screaming like is he ok?

This bothers me so goddamn much with so many anime. Why do some characters fucking shout everything they say, is it supposed to be for comic effect or something?
yeh maybe but when you're using some headphones it hurts when Naoya screams even his pink haired girlfriend is shouting everytime meanwhile Nagisa just spreads her cuteness
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2021

181 by bem_bir_ilke3 »»
Mar 11, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2021

96 by Treyv0n »»
Feb 29, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2021

90 by Treyv0n »»
Feb 28, 4:14 AM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2021

128 by Treyv0n »»
Feb 28, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2021

91 by Treyv0n »»
Feb 28, 3:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.