Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 2, 2021 3:07 AM
Mar 2021
But Xiaoshi might have just dived back a little earlier, to have time to dive again to land in the photo development room, because when he appeared in that room, his eyes are still kind of gold. I'm still mindfucked about this.

When Lu Guang made the call, maybe Xiaoshi was no longer in Shanshan's photo, because if he was still in the photo, they could communicate directly without calling. Or it could also be that Lu Guang was calling someone else, maybe the police.
Jul 2, 2021 4:47 AM
Jul 2021
He was calling the police. Idk what Cheng will do inside the room.
But you seem to have forgotten that Cheng Xioshi can enter the photo only one time. Lu clearly said this a few eps before.
Jul 2, 2021 5:23 AM
Mar 2021
EverlastingChaos said:
But you seem to have forgotten that Cheng Xioshi can enter the photo only one time. Lu clearly said this a few eps before.
not sure if you're replying to me but I didn't imply he used the same photo twice. I was thinking maybe he took a photo of the development room (after the killer's locked in, via security camera maybe?) for his second diving. Not sure why he did that but just he appeared to have golden eyes. (When he was developing photos earlier, his eyes looked dark even in red light.)
qwqpwpJul 2, 2021 2:59 PM
Jul 2, 2021 7:00 AM
Apr 2021
qwqpwp said:
EverlastingChaos said:
not sure if you're replying to me but I didn't imply he used the same photo twice. I was thinking maybe he took a photo of the development room for his second diving. Not sure why he did that but just he appeared to have golden eyes. (When he was developing photos earlier, his eyes looked dark even in red light.)

okay I thought I understood, but now I'm even more confused haha
I noticed he had golden eyes but I don't know why I didn't connnect the dots haha
now I can't wait for the episode even more
Jul 2, 2021 7:31 AM

Aug 2020
yohohoho that transition at the end was so smooth

so sleepy...

did you need something?

Jul 2, 2021 7:52 AM
Nov 2020
brooooooo what a episode it was.... damnn!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 2, 2021 8:11 AM

Dec 2019
woahhhh I was screaming internally nonstop towards the end of the episode!! in the earlier half we got a bit more backstory on the relationship between the three main characters, I really want to know more but it seems unlikely that we’ll get much deeper into their backstory with next week’s episode being the last...

ahhh the juxtaposing scenes of the masked man facing Cheng Xiaoshi & Lu Guang in their respective times was so intense. can’t wait for next week’s episode ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Jul 2, 2021 11:42 AM
May 2021
I'm left speechless by what just happened to trap the killer inside the photo room, and Cheng Xiaoshi is about to fight him. The transition into the outro was pulled off just nicely. This was a great episode, but now I'm sad since the next one is the last one.
RumniJul 2, 2021 11:45 AM
Jul 2, 2021 12:07 PM
Oct 2019
IIashII said:
ilalochezia said:
And ilalochezia posts a discussion comment yet again after thinking about the show for some more time. Clearly, ilalochezia is mentally invested in the story, even though ilalochezia rates it 6 / 10 (maybe unfairly). This time, ilalochezia would like to raise a question: does Lu Guang foresee the success of Cheng Xiaoshi's plan when he initially dived into Shanshan's selfie? Why, then, does he still warn Cheng Xiaoshi to be prepared for the worst? And is there some kind of 'time node' that make all this possible?

About your questions, we as the audience aren't that informed on Lu Guang's abilities, but I have a theory.
We did see what Lu Guang saw while looking at Xu Shanshan's photo the first time, the original timeline where she was killed. However his connection was broken when the knife struck, idk why it happened but Lu Guang assumed that it meant something bad was going to happen to her, probably her dying which probably did happen in that timeline.
So I thought that Lu Guang basically sees what happens in the original time line but then I remembered, in Ep 9 he did see Cheng Xiaoshi sneaking around in the parking lot, which obviously isn't the original timeline. But we can assume that Cheng Xiaoshi dove into the photo before Lu Guang did his thing on the CCTV photo.

So what I concluded after some thinking was that Lu Guang sees what the past looks like at his point of time. I know this sounds a bit confusing, but let me explain.
Let's assume that Cheng Xiaoshi dove into the photo before Lu Guang reached the police station. When Lu Guang looked at the CCTV image of the parking lot in Ep 9, he saw the timeline with Cheng Xiaoshi in it, because Xiaoshi had already dove in i.e. modified the past by the time Lu Guang activated his ability. If he looked at the photo before Xiaoshi did his thing, he would've seen the OG timeline WITHOUT Xiaoshi sneaking around.
Now onto Xu Shanshan's situation. When Lu Guang looked at her photo, Cheng Xiaoshi didn't dive in yet --> which means he did not modify the past yet --> thus, Lu Guang saw the OG timeline where Shanshan perished. Thus, he couldn't see what Cheng Xiaoshi's actions would lead to at that time.

About the time node, while reading the bilibili comments on this episode, I'm led to believe that the time node here is Cheng Xiaoshi's possession of Xu Shanshan. Although I didn't understand the logic of the commenter clearly due to mistranslations by Google Translate, basically the gist is that the cycle began with Xu Shanshan's death, and our protag's wanted to fix this by diving into the photos. This is an established fact. So Cheng Xiaoshi possessing Xu Shanshan is an inevitable event, and is the core of the cycle and will not change. Him possessing Shanshan is the node and prevents the cycle from falling into a paradox.

In other words, whatever happens - happens. And everything that will happen, has already happened.
Jul 2, 2021 3:32 PM
Jul 2021
qwqpwp said:
EverlastingChaos said:
not sure if you're replying to me but I didn't imply he used the same photo twice. I was thinking maybe he took a photo of the development room (after the killer's locked in, via security camera maybe?) for his second diving. Not sure why he did that but just he appeared to have golden eyes. (When he was developing photos earlier, his eyes looked dark even in red light.)

Damn man, yes. There might be a possibility that it appeared like that because of the red lights lol.
But if not, then maybe it is a countermeasure against the killer's ability? that we don't know about?
And they usually high-five in that room and not in the development room. And it's clear that cheng came up with that plan and decided to do it only after he entered the photo.

So, he came back to the present in that room, then dived again in the development room. (the reason we ofc don't know.) It might be because of the killer's ability which is a huge variable here. I might as well be wrong lol.
Jul 2, 2021 3:58 PM

Jan 2010
is there anyone here who can understand Chinese? xD....

I saw on twitter earlier folks claiming that Funimation "de-gayed" some of Lu Guang's lines. Compared to the Bilibili subs that made it a little more clear that LG was almost confessing romantic feelings for Chen Xioshi. Of course with Chinese censorship, it can only be the slightest of gay subtext in order to not get censored out.

I also saw some screencaps from both versions, and the Bilibili subs vs. Funimation subs are very different in the scene when Lu Gung is talking with Qiao Ling about CX. Although I always see lots of complaints about the Funimation subs, and that the Bilibili subs are much better.

This episode was a lot to take in, but these discussion threads always help me feel less confused haha. I just dunno how everything is gonna be wrapped up in a satisfying way with one more episode. Unless this gets a second season. I've heard t's reached close to 4 million views on Bilibili? SO it's clearly very popular, but idk. I could see this show ending with lots of things about the lore never explained.
giveup-the-ghostJul 2, 2021 4:06 PM
Jul 2, 2021 5:01 PM
Mar 2021
giveup-the-ghost said:

I also saw some screencaps from both versions, and the Bilibili subs vs. Funimation subs are very different in the scene when Lu Gung is talking with Qiao Ling about CX. Although I always see lots of complaints about the Funimation subs, and that the Bilibili subs are much better.

What are LG's lines in Funimation subs? I've only watched on bilibili and thought the translation quality can really vary by episode. I often spot lines that I think are better than what I can come up with, but sometimes it's shit. I think with better subs the ratings here could be even higher. (Although I would only give it 7-8 because there is some 'Chinese' cheesiness in the show that may look cheesy to the Chinese but is fresh to other countries.)

In Chinese what LG said doesn't sound like confession to me. The way QL asked him is suggestive of a romantic relationship but the same phrase (看上) can also be used in situations like "I fell in love with this dress on first sight" and it also wouldn't be weird if straight men use it jokingly to describe friendship, like bromance. Then QL also emphatically used the word 'friend' to purposefully de-gay it. The whole show in Chinese felt like whenever it creates that BL/GL atmosphere it is to please the audience, so personally even though I like watching/reading LGBTQ stuff, I actually think the BL/GL moments detract from the show because it feels commercial.
Jul 2, 2021 5:22 PM
Mar 2021
EverlastingChaos said:

But if not, then maybe it is a countermeasure against the killer's ability? that we don't know about?

I think so too! It could be to allow him to quickly exit this room when he's in danger, instead of relying on jumping into other people's photos that he just developed to hide himself which might mess up their past.

EverlastingChaos said:

And it's clear that cheng came up with that plan and decided to do it only after he entered the photo.

I think Xiaoshi planned beforehand because
1) it's clear Lu Guang wasn't informed of the new plan until Xiaoshi told him around 1:18 am
2) I don't think Lu Guang had time to prepare the "you're very punctual' sound that was triggered when killer entered the shop, because that sound like Xiaoshi and Xiaoshi was in the photo. But I'm not sure... It could be Lu Guang's voice too.
3) if we assume Xiaoshi did preparations, then the photos he developed might be part of the plan too? They could be useful in the next episode.
Jul 2, 2021 6:10 PM

Jan 2010
qwqpwp said:
giveup-the-ghost said:

What are LG's lines in Funimation subs? I've only watched on bilibili and thought the translation quality can really vary by episode. I often spot lines that I think are better than what I can come up with, but sometimes it's shit. I think with better subs the ratings here could be even higher. (Although I would only give it 7-8 because there is some 'Chinese' cheesiness in the show that may look cheesy to the Chinese but is fresh to other countries.)

In Chinese what LG said doesn't sound like confession to me. The way QL asked him is suggestive of a romantic relationship but the same phrase (看上) can also be used in situations like "I fell in love with this dress on first sight" and it also wouldn't be weird if straight men use it jokingly to describe friendship, like bromance. Then QL also emphatically used the word 'friend' to purposefully de-gay it. The whole show in Chinese felt like whenever it creates that BL/GL atmosphere it is to please the audience, so personally even though I like watching/reading LGBTQ stuff, I actually think the BL/GL moments detract from the show because it feels commercial.

QL asks LG what he likes about CX: and in the Funimation sub he responds "What do you mean, what I like about him" vs. the Bilibili subs where his line is "What do you mean I crushed on him?" Which is kinda weird wording but to "like" someone is very different than to "crush" on someone. So that's why I thought Funimation tried to take out the romantic subtext.

but I agree that the show doesn't really give off strong BL/GL vibes, except on a bare bones surface level if you really want to see it that way
Jul 2, 2021 6:52 PM
Mar 2021
giveup-the-ghost said:

QL asks LG what he likes about CX: and in the Funimation sub he responds "What do you mean, what I like about him" vs. the Bilibili subs where his line is "What do you mean I crushed on him?" Which is kinda weird wording but to "like" someone is very different than to "crush" on someone. So that's why I thought Funimation tried to take out the romantic subtext.

In bilibili subs:
QL: How did you crush on CX? Over these years you are his first best buddy besides me.
LG: What do you mean I crushed on him? Actually, he invited me to play basketball first.

QL used the word "crush" first, and LG's question was protesting QL's phrasing, although LG's focus was more on the order (he invited me first, not the other way around). He's denying the initiative rather than the word "crush" itself.

In Chinese, as I explained above, "看上" does have romantic overtone in this context, but it can also be used in a cheeky way to mean friendship. But everything can be said humorously anyway so.. idk. QL said "best buddy" and "friend" immediately after. She was purposefully given ambivalent lines :(

In the most literal translation, QL's "你到底看上我家程小时哪点了?" is "what do you see in my CX (that you have your eyes on him)?" And LG's reply is "what do you mean 'I have my eyes on him'? He asked me to join the game!"
qwqpwpJul 2, 2021 7:20 PM
Jul 2, 2021 6:55 PM

Mar 2016
all i can say is : what a madness

Jul 2, 2021 7:03 PM

Mar 2008
I confused the release date, thought the episode would come this next midnight, realized a few hour ago that was already out.
Got the episode, start to watch... had to stop right when Xiaoshi would dive because I had to went out to do something. At the right time, I could barely reach that point, it was good to go out to get some fresh air before watching the rest.

Came back... fighting the will to puke while watching this...
My mind wasn't prepared to take all the brilliance that went on this episode seriously, I'm felling unwell. HELP!

EDIT: fuck, I'm not ok!
Jul 2, 2021 7:22 PM
Apr 2021
this episode gave us some flashbacks. I personally feel like they worked, however they did impact the pacing a little bit.

But damn, that ending was badass. Hyped for the final episode.
Jul 2, 2021 7:23 PM

Jan 2010
qwqpwp said:
giveup-the-ghost said:

In bilibili subs:
QL: How did you crush on CX? Over these years you are his first best buddy besides me.
LG: What do you mean I crushed on him? Actually, he invited me to play basketball first.

QL used the word "crush" first, and LG's question was protesting QL's phrasing, although LG's focus was more on the order (he invited me first, not the other way around). He's denying the initiative more than the word "crush" itself.

In Chinese, as I explained above, "看上" does have romantic overtone in this context, but it can also be used in a cheeky way to mean friendship. Actually I think the same can be said for "crush" because my friends use "crush" too😂. QL said "best buddy" and "friend" immediately after, so she was purposefully given ambivalent lines..

In the most literal translation, QL's "你到底看上我家程小时哪点了?" is "what do you see in my CX (that you have your eyes on him)?" And LG's reply is "what do you mean 'I have my eyes on him?' He asked me to join the game!"

Ah, thx for the clarification of the phrasing of wording that can mean different things based on the context.

I was a bit surprised that the show might have been slipping in some BL implications, but I see now it was more of a tease towards the viewers. Not that I have anything against viewers wanting to ship LG and CX. And if viewers want to see their relationship has romantic, well they can if they want to, it's a piece of fiction.
But I don't expect the final episode to certainly become a danmaei...
Jul 2, 2021 8:16 PM

Mar 2008
Quoting Hideo Kojima, "I'm back!".

But first, remember what I responded on that little discussion about if and how Link Click is good? What we could point to say that this is an "above average" series?
Do you agree that those qualities are at display here, @ilalochezia @HelerWz ?

Yes, now we are seeing "the plot unfolding", but can't we deny that the events are unfolding because the actions of the characters and not the contrary? That's why it's hard to predict what was happening, but now that we are seeing what really happened (in the end) "makes a bit of sense" knowing these characters.
It's fascinating for me that we are seeing both Xiaoshi and Lu play for and against the rules at the same time. Xiaoshi is making an effort to be composed and let the past be and this meaning let the dead stay dead, and Lu is finding a way to change the past and bring the dead back to the living.

I don't thing that Qiao fully understood the significance in Lu words when she went out from the studio in the middle of the episode, that Xu was dead. But Xiaoshi understood and it's just beautiful that this information just dropped and there was no screams, no tears, no scandal. Lu very in character controlled the situation and Xiaoshi just sat there, breathing. Just beautiful. Then he left Lu alone to do the thinking and went to be alone himself to let the reality sink in and be prepared for what would come next. I still not sure if Lihua (Emma) will remain dead or if she'll be saved, but what matters is that Xiaoshi made his farewell to her. He need to do this to be able to take whatever would happen in the end with Xu.

But now...
The characters sense, if you think just about the characters you can follow the events, but there are so many detail that you notice and point and "holes"... that's why I'm writing this without reading any comments. I want to put my thoughts to words without external influences.

The murderer, Lin, it's really him.
Having money he just purchased the hospital to give him an alibi. But it's because he feared Lihua could denounce him to the police or because he went after her do finish the job? Either way works.
But seeing how much he is lying and that he want after Xu for the reasons he did he may very well be the serial killer. Someone will need to put a timeline of events in the end because it's hard to understand the detail. Some details simple don't feet. When we see Lin in his house looking at the news about Xu on his phone, he end talking about "my friend". How is this possible before Xiaoshi talked with him? It's just a plot hole and is this just a detail that we can't understand yet that it's important to way he didn't appeared a single bit shocked to Xiaoshi talking to him through Xu? It's because he really isn't just a ​normal person, it'a because he also have supernatural powers and was already aware of more people like him and the main duo out there?
EDIT (forgot a bit, they got the time of Xu photo wrong. If you rewatch the other episodes you'll see by the shadows, and they use shadows to tell the passage of time, that Xu and Qiao arrived at the studio during the morning, but they pretend that she took her photo at the door during the afternoon)

We'll have to way and see if the ending explains everything in a way that makes sense, for now we can at least marvel at the brilliance of everything else. ​I mentioned before, how Xiaoshi and Lu dramatic roles are reversed. Xiaoshi was prepared to let Xu die, but Lu found a way to same her. The called again the police to make sure that Xu body wasn't found and not one still suspected that she had been killed. Exploiting this opportunity he thought a way to save her while her death is still not acknowledge by the world, right? She is probably tied somewhere waiting for the rescue. But what exactly will Xiaoshi and Lu do with Lin? Kill him? Because, how can they sillence him about their powers?

There's so much, so many feelings, better stop now and read the comments.

PaninaManinaJul 2, 2021 8:41 PM
Jul 2, 2021 8:20 PM
Nov 2020
PaninaManina said:

But first, remember what I responded on that little discussion about if and how Link Click is good? What we could point to say that this is an "above average" series?

Yes, now we are seeing "the plot unfolding", but can't we deny that the events are unfolding because the actions of the characters and not the contrary? That's why it's hard to predict what was happening, but now that we are seeing what really happened (in the end) "makes a bit of sense" knowing these characters.
It's fascinating for me that we are seeing both Xiaoshi and Lu play for and against the rules at the same time. Xiaoshi is making an effort to be composed and let the past be and this meaning let the dead stay dead, and Lu is finding a way to change the past and bring the dead back to the living.

I don't thing that Qiao fully understood the significance in Lu words when she went out from the studio in the middle of the episode, that Xu was dead. But Xiaoshi understood and it's just beautiful that this information just dropped and there was no screams, no tears, no scandal. Lu very in character controlled the situation and Xiaoshi just sat there, breathing. Just beautiful. Then he left Lu alone to do the thinking and went to be alone himself to let the reality sink in and be prepared for what would come next. I still not sure if Lihua (Emma) will remain dead or if she'll be saved, but what matters is that Xiaoshi made his farewell to her. He need to do this to be able to take whatever would happen in the end with Xu.

But now...
The characters sense, if you think just about the characters you can follow the events, but there are so many detail that you notice and point and "holes"... that's why I'm writing this without reading any comments. I want to put my thoughts to words without external influences.

Having money he just purchased the hospital to give him an alibi. But it's because he feared Lihua could denounce him to the police or because he went after her do finish the job? Either way works.
But seeing how much he is lying and that he want after Xu for the reasons he did he may very well be the serial killer. Someone will need to put a timeline of events in the end because it's hard to understand the detail. Some details simple don't feet. When we see Lin in his house looking at the news about Xu on his phone, he end talking about "my friend". How is this possible before Xiaoshi talked with him? It's just a plot hole and is this just a detail that we can't understand yet that it's important to way he didn't appeared a single bit shocked to Xiaoshi talking to him through Xu? It's because he really isn't just a ​normal person, it'a because he also have supernatural powers and was already aware of more people like him and the main duo out there?

We ell have to way and see if the ending explains everything in a way that makes sense, for now we can at least marvel at the brilliance of everything else. ​I mentioned before, how Xiaoshi and Lu dramatic roles are reversed. Xiaoshi was prepared to let Xu die, but Lu found a way to same her. The called again the police to make sure that Xu body wasn't found and not one still suspected that she had been killed. Exploiting this opportunity he thought a way to save her while her death is still not acknowledge by the world, right? She is probably tied somewhere waiting for the rescue. But what exactly will Xiaoshi and Lu do with Lin? Kill him? Because, how can they sillence him about their powers?

Nice to see your thoughts. Evaluating a work has always been quite a difficult task, and so I'm still stuck in this limbo phase where I can't outright assign the show to a specific level of quality. If anything, it's great to see its score steadily rising so far.
Jul 2, 2021 8:56 PM

Oct 2008
clap >> teleport!? awww that's kewl!!!
5/5.

Jul 2, 2021 9:11 PM

Mar 2008
ilalochezia said:

Quite apparently, the focus of the story is on Cheng Xiaoshi, and not so much the photo-diving aspect. But on what aspect of Cheng Xiaoshi, specifically? Is it his past? His mental state? Or more plausibly, how these and his personality change (maybe too abruptly)?

The info about his past shows us that the way we see he behaving before wasn't just because of his "personality", was also because of his past and his "trauma".
"Trauma" I think is an important part of writing a character. Does he has scars in his heart, and what are those scars about? These sorts of things is what makes characters feel more humane, grounded, resonate with the public and walk the story. He is like every other client, he has some personal things to deal with and maybe fix.

About Xiaoshi specifically, about bit is:

IIashII said:
I really liked that we finally get a bit more of Cheng Xiaoshi's backstory, and I just wanted to give him a big hug the whole time man, although we still don't know what exactly happened to his parents.

We still don't know about his parents.
It's not just that they're dead, they're missing. Isn't this a bit of a "irony"? He is working with finding information from the past, but he can't find the single information that concerns him. He works to let people know what they wish most, but what he himself most wish to know, what happened with his parents, he can't.
That's what moves him on a personal level in this story.
And... remember episode 3? There we see a short scene of Xiaoshi meet with Lu in the basketball court that was mentioned in this current episode. There Xiaoshi talked about a relationship of trust with Lu. He trusts Lu, didn't we see this along the whole series? That's what makes me suspect that Lu is the "big boss" I told before. I fear that he will betray Lu's trust. Maybe he always knew all along what happened with his parents, don't you think?

Characters may appear a bit bland because they're written as common people.
WELL WRITTEN as common people.

Jul 2, 2021 9:48 PM
Jun 2021
PaninaManina said:

But now...

EDIT (forgot a bit, they got the time of Xu photo wrong. If you rewatch the other episodes you'll see by the shadows, and they use shadows to tell the passage of time, that Xu and Qiao arrived at the studio during the morning, but they pretend that she took her photo at the door during the afternoon)

We'll have to way and see if the ending explains everything in a way that makes sense, for now we can at least marvel at the brilliance of everything else. ​I mentioned before, how Xiaoshi and Lu dramatic roles are reversed. Xiaoshi was prepared to let Xu die, but Lu found a way to same her. The called again the police to make sure that Xu body wasn't found and not one still suspected that she had been killed. Exploiting this opportunity he thought a way to save her while her death is still not acknowledge by the world, right? She is probably tied somewhere waiting for the rescue. But what exactly will Xiaoshi and Lu do with Lin? Kill him? Because, how can they sillence him about their powers?

But why do you think it was Lu Guang who came up with the plan to "rescue" Xu? It seemed to me that the episode clearly shows that this was Xiaoshi's idea, and Lu initially advised him to simply rip off the mask of the culprit. It seemed strange to me that Lu Guang supported such a risky plan, which implies games both with time and with a criminal, but, as already mentioned, perhaps this move itself was a node that had to happen in order to avoid a temporary parodox ( otherwise the plot of episode 8 would not have happened).

I love your theory that Lu Guang knows something but is hiding from Xiaoshi about his parents. It would be a dramatic move, it would be what I fear the most about their relationship, because I can't stand betrayal (and that would be a great betrayal on Lu's part towards Chen, no matter what was trained). However, I think that this trust issue was already a little signaled this season, when Xiaoshi did what he liked in photography and when he unauthorizedly climbed into the picture from the parking lot, and when Lu Guang did not tell him that no one was saved after the earthquake - at these moments, their trust in each other was tested for strength. However, if their relationship survived all of the above, then hiding the secret about the disappearance of his parents is something more serious and unforgivable for Xiaoshi, I think. If they raise this topic, then already in the 2nd season, if it will be.
Jul 2, 2021 9:52 PM
Jul 2018
lol so they finally confirmed BL nice
Jul 2, 2021 10:05 PM

Mar 2008
Kathrina_Shade said:

But why do you think it was Lu Guang who came up with the plan to "rescue" Xu? It seemed to me that the episode clearly shows that this was Xiaoshi's idea, and Lu initially advised him to simply rip off the mask of the culprit. It seemed strange to me that Lu Guang supported such a risky plan, which implies games both with time and with a criminal, but, as already mentioned, perhaps this move itself was a node that had to happen in order to avoid a temporary parodox ( otherwise the plot of episode 8 would not have happened).

Because I had the impression that Lu confirmed before with the police that no one knows about Xu's death yet for this reason. If no one knows there's any harm in saving her?

Kathrina_Shade said:

I love your theory that Lu Guang knows something but is hiding from Xiaoshi about his parents. It would be a dramatic move, it would be what I fear the most about their relationship, because I can't stand betrayal (and that would be a great betrayal on Lu's part towards Chen, no matter what was trained). However, I think that this trust issue was already a little signaled this season, when Xiaoshi did what he liked in photography and when he unauthorizedly climbed into the picture from the parking lot, and when Lu Guang did not tell him that no one was saved after the earthquake - at these moments, their trust in each other was tested for strength. However, if their relationship survived all of the above, then hiding the secret about the disappearance of his parents is something more serious and unforgivable for Xiaoshi, I think. If they raise this topic, then already in the 2nd season, if it will be.

Just because Lu may know don't mean that he need to tell.
Isn't normal, to hid bad things from those you care?
Jul 2, 2021 10:23 PM
Jun 2021
PaninaManina said:

Just because Lu may know don't mean that he need to tell.
Isn't normal, to hid bad things from those you care?

Yes, I just think that given the character of Chen Xiaoshi and the fact that this is a sore subject for him, he will not take it well, at least not right away. He will think that this is a betrayal, and may even flare up, like at the end of the earthquake episode when he hit Lu.
Jul 2, 2021 10:58 PM
Mar 2021
giveup-the-ghost said:
Not that I have anything against viewers wanting to ship LG and CX. And if viewers want to see their relationship has romantic, well they can if they want to, it's a piece of fiction.

Yeah i mean, the show is publicly shipping in its title 😜 There's no third person. They are the official ship. This story totally works with them being a couple and it's always nice to have representation, I just didnt like the execution very much.

Ofc they can't make it extra explicit, but the result is not just implicitness but.. feels forced? Whenever they bring out the BL/GL vibe I feel it's a little out of place. But whenever their 'friendship' is emphasized, it feels awkward too, like they're actively denying something. If in the original story they are a couple, it shouldn't feel 'forced' or 'designed'---what would feel unnatural instead would be the studio's maneuvers to tone down BL-ness. But in the end, I feel like the show wants the best of both worlds which did more harm than good, because everytime they try to paint their relationship in one or the other direction, it doesn't feel genuine anymore.

I apologize for planting this idea in your brain if you don't see any awkwardness. Maybe it's just me. I'm Chinese and I'm very sensitive to nuances, sometimes too sensitive.
Jul 2, 2021 10:58 PM
Jul 2021
btw this is my comment on some site. Copying it here~ *shrugs*
edit 1:
I want to give props to Lu for what he did. Xiaoshi changed the past and came up with that plan. So Lu had very less time to make his mind steady for what was coming. (the killer ofc.)
This explains the message that killer send earlier. It was something like 'my friend I am coming' (not exactly but it was something like this.)
But why did cheng appear in the room with the killer? when the killer have a knife. And most importantly killer's ability is unknown.
That's a big variable here.
But maybe they were able to understand the killer's ability somehow? idk man. Let's see how they will end this masterpiece.

But damn man, only 1 ep is left!!!

edit 2:
Remember that min guy strangled emma with bare hands but the police said that they have no evidence against him! Removing finger prints is not easy. use acid, burn the body down... etc. these are the methods. but emma's body had no such wound. so my guess is that the killers ability (liu's friend) is something related to altering body or memory? idk might be possible. after all we don't know anything about the abilities.

Do note that in the first ep, emma stumbled upon the killer (a stranger!) and he offered her help. damn oh yes, he even talked about her hurrying to the station! I think this is clicking me now. She even agreed to it, just like that? How did he know about her going to the station? and in the car, she was also all dizzy and all. ok fck this explains it. This also explains how there are no evidence against him. maybe cause he altered their minds? maybe. (Though I might be wrong. but still.)

edit 3:
In that ending, do note that cheng's eye color is yellow/golden! So, maybe he got back to present. (in that room where they usually hive fives.) Then drove back in the development room. (by some security camera etc.) It might be plausible as a counter measure against the killer's ability which is a variable here. This also explains why he appeared to be so confident. *shrugs* Again I might be wrong lol.

but tbh if someone feel like talking with me then hit up on discord. Everlasting_Chaos (Novel Author)#5473
Jul 3, 2021 1:06 AM
Oct 2016
PaninaManina said:

But now...

Yo! I was actually waiting for you to comment, its always a refreshing post to read.
Im not quite certain about the killers capabilities and if he has abilities but they are certainly not like Lu Guangs or else he would have known what was about to happen.

It was absolutely brilliant that they actually executed this patched up plan in such short notice. They both broke the rules this time. Normally you leave the past node to happen but change something else, that results in changing the future. This time they altered the past, right? But the future seems to have already happened. that phonecall that smells like paradox, is what lead them to change the past, so I assume that indeed what everything happens, happened. Im not sure if this is soothing or scary , as a thought.

*I'll scream it at the top of my lungs, WHY did they think that its a good idea to lock Xiaoshi with the ARMED killer in that room*

They did break the rules to follow the theory of two wrongs equal one right, I suppose. Since its Xiaoshis past action that altered ShanShans (i hope i wrote it correctly lol) past. If they didn't change it, the other girl would have been the original victim. This series is absolutely gorgeous in the sense that are playing with rules and what's morally correct, the ability to play god and having the strength go turn a blind eye.

Morals is a strong word, it is associated with the lets say "light" side? Correct? But what happens when rules come into the picture. (Picture, see what I tried to do? Okay sorry). Rules are depicted as the absolute. Usually to follow the rules you have to bury your emotions, your will and what else? Your morals. Xiaoshi didn't think that breaking the rules a little would affect the past and the future that much since he had been driven by his morals and compassion, two factors that made him feel self-righteous with his actions and that he was changing things for the better, no?

On the other side, Lu Guang, followed the rules to avoid chaos, putting away every emotion that would make him want to take part in their stories and get emotionally attached to the people, he didn't want to play god in the past but he did in the future, hence the third rule.

Neither is in the wrong from a first person view. However from the third person view, which means us, we can easily, quickly judge and misjudge their actions. Those characters are not written to be anime characters, in this universe the power of friendship that gives an immense and immediate powerup or saves lives does not exist, nor the everything will be okay if you wish it to be trope. They are written to be humans, just like us.

The story itself is humane, supernatural elements aside. Think of it as a cop story with two partners sporting two different points of views and trying to solve cases together.

What I admire in this original story is how they convey the people's inner frustrations, their regrets and their wishes. Everyone is a participant in the game of life there with no exceptions. The drama is real and the trauma is real and the anticipation is growing.
If anyone actually read this, thanks.
Jul 3, 2021 2:39 AM
May 2021
HelerWz said:
PaninaManina said:

But now...

Yo! I was actually waiting for you to comment, its always a refreshing post to read.
Im not quite certain about the killers capabilities and if he has abilities but they are certainly not like Lu Guangs or else he would have known what was about to happen.

It was absolutely brilliant that they actually executed this patched up plan in such short notice. They both broke the rules this time. Normally you leave the past node to happen but change something else, that results in changing the future. This time they altered the past, right? But the future seems to have already happened. that phonecall that smells like paradox, is what lead them to change the past, so I assume that indeed what everything happens, happened. Im not sure if this is soothing or scary , as a thought.

*I'll scream it at the top of my lungs, WHY did they think that its a good idea to lock Xiaoshi with the ARMED killer in that room*

They did break the rules to follow the theory of two wrongs equal one right, I suppose. Since its Xiaoshis past action that altered ShanShans (i hope i wrote it correctly lol) past. If they didn't change it, the other girl would have been the original victim. This series is absolutely gorgeous in the sense that are playing with rules and what's morally correct, the ability to play god and having the strength go turn a blind eye.

Morals is a strong word, it is associated with the lets say "light" side? Correct? But what happens when rules come into the picture. (Picture, see what I tried to do? Okay sorry). Rules are depicted as the absolute. Usually to follow the rules you have to bury your emotions, your will and what else? Your morals. Xiaoshi didn't think that breaking the rules a little would affect the past and the future that much since he had been driven by his morals and compassion, two factors that made him feel self-righteous with his actions and that he was changing things for the better, no?

On the other side, Lu Guang, followed the rules to avoid chaos, putting away every emotion that would make him want to take part in their stories and get emotionally attached to the people, he didn't want to play god in the past but he did in the future, hence the third rule.

Neither is in the wrong from a first person view. However from the third person view, which means us, we can easily, quickly judge and misjudge their actions. Those characters are not written to be anime characters, in this universe the power of friendship that gives an immense and immediate powerup or saves lives does not exist, nor the everything will be okay if you wish it to be trope. They are written to be humans, just like us.

The story itself is humane, supernatural elements aside. Think of it as a cop story with two partners sporting two different points of views and trying to solve cases together.

What I admire in this original story is how they convey the people's inner frustrations, their regrets and their wishes. Everyone is a participant in the game of life there with no exceptions. The drama is real and the trauma is real and the anticipation is growing.
If anyone actually read this, thanks.

I also totally believe this too. From the third POV, we easily misjudge the characters. It’s as if the characters are real humans. We have two mcs who are polar opposites to each other but still come together, just like humans they too have flaws. In next week’s episode they will be giving proper occurrences of the show timeline and possibly answer some questions we all have been having though I doubt they could do that.I think this is the first show that I could relate purely because of how humane it is. I really want to have a 2nd season .

My predictions for episode 11
Cheng Xiaoshi and the murderer will have a fight(something crazy is going to happen) and Lu Guang calls the police ( I am guessing that’s what he does in episode 10)the police will arrest Liu Min but we still have not found Xu ShanShan . The murderer must have locked her somewhere, but I can sense a plot twist here. Or Xu shanshan is safe because Cheng Xiaoshi changed the past and she went to the interview but I’m not sure.

Yeah these are my thoughts. Thank you for reading !
Jul 3, 2021 8:41 AM
Oct 2019
Ok. Don't know how the fuck Cheng Xiaoshi just in that room (maybe that's where they high-fiving ?) But ye last scene ? Kinda cool.Also acording to MAL next episode will be the final one right? Hopes it will conclude the show in a good way
Jul 3, 2021 12:54 PM

Mar 2008
Another thing I can point about this series being "above average".
It really didn't let the premise/formula get repetitive. The reason why we shat our pants watching this episode was that it did something new. Normally the duo do their jobs, the past changes a bit, but we never really see the past changing, we only got some comments and hints about the changes in the future. Right? Like the Earthquake Case, remembers that I said they changed the client's life? That we got a very good look of his left hand in episode 3 and there was no ring and in episode 5 we got another good look at his hand showing that now he had a ring?
We always only noticed these changes after the fact, but in this case we where watching the changes happening in "real time", at the present, without knowing that those were changes because in the future they altered the past.
The series keeps doing a lot with little.

I wanted to rewatch more episodes, but I did a lot of hard work today and I'm tired.
Jul 4, 2021 6:46 AM

May 2011
Wow, this episode answers quite a bit of questions. I'm a bit lazy to read others' post so if my error in understanding is wrong and was answered by one of the post, I apologise.

I think things are generally quite straight forward. At 10am in the morning, the clique first realise Xu Shanshan (XSS) could be in danger after texting her phone, followed by receiving a text "clue received, my new friend", and then with a call "I'll show up as promise".

They then found a pic of XSS's selfie on WeChat, possibly around 1.30pm, since LG's furthest foresight was at 1.30am.

We then see Liu having a monologue, ending with "what do you think, my friend?"

Cheng Xiaoshi later then dive into the picture, and he tries to turn the situation favourable to themselves, without messing with what's already known, to prevent altering the node that can cause the present to change drastically (I'm still clinging on to the "black box" theory that I thought of of how their rules work back in episode 7).

Utilising the info they already have, they are able to lay out the pieces for the murderer to follow, without distorting their present. First was using QL's text msg as a clue for the murderer. Now, I'm not exactly sure how this works. QL's first text was saying "did you follow him (Dong Yi) for interview?" and the murderer replied "clue received" which doesn't really say much on what exactly was the clue. I suspect that Cheng Xiaoshi literally just typed out the clue in her phone saying to check out the latest image of XSS's WeChat (the clue) for the murderer to see (or maybe literally just told him where to go), and that QL's text prompts the murderer to check the phone to receive the clue.

So he turns up at the camera/photo store where they are at, and Lu Guang is there preparing to lock him up in the room. Cheng Xiaoshi then zap back out of the picture to meet the murderer, locked together. For what reason? Guess we'll find out next week.

Note again, the murderer (at XSS scene) said, "If I win, will you promise to be my new friend"

The murderer might not be Liu. Hospital records showed that he indeed is paralyzed waist down (I'll like to be realistic that it's not possible to manipulate records like that regardless of how rich you are). Liu, during his monologue, said "what do you think, my friend?", which probably refers to the murderer (my speculation). The murderer might just be a look-a-like doppelganger (or perhaps related), and he's doing all the dirty work for him. The murderer mention a few times about them being the "new friend", maybe the old friend could be Liu?

Far-fetched? Maybe. But he did emphasise "new friend" for a few times, so I there should be an "old friend". Doesn't feel like he's referring to his victims as "friends" though.

I've always wonder why the show's title in English is called Link Click (since the Chinese doesn't really translate into it). Until I found myself saying "oh! the links actually clicks! (realisation) oh..."

Hope everything clicks together in the final episode!
jr_paperbagJul 4, 2021 7:00 AM
Jul 5, 2021 4:07 AM
Jun 2021
Well, there were multiple scenes in previous episodes hinting it's shounen-ai.
Bilibili's official sub pretty much confirmed it is.

Some other hints were:
1) Lu Guang started sweating/ getting nervous and averted his gaze when Qiao Ling asked him how did he become close with Xiao Shi.
2) Lu Guang blushed when Xiao Shi laughed about Lu Guang saying Xiao Shi was naïve.

https://i.imgur.com/1QPxjzf.jpg
Jul 5, 2021 7:04 AM

Mar 2008
I understand, but I also understand that part of this is exaggeration, this is called "banter".

Anyway, I would NOT apply ANY "love/romance" related tags to it.
Yes, some characters may have feelings for other characters, but it's not really that relevant for the story and episodes.

And talking about Xiaoshi being naive, Lu choosing to "praise" this particular quality if other detail that makes me suspect him. Of course he wasn't just passing by by coincidence that day, right? But his ulterior motive was only that he was enamored by Xiaoshi of is related to what I said that he already knew something about him?
Jul 5, 2021 9:41 AM
Apr 2021
I mean, couldn't Lu blush just because he doesn't usually show many emotions and isn't used to praising anyone? As much as I ship them (I even wrote a couple of one-shots lol) I don't really see any romance shown in the donghua. They're just close friends. Sure, maybe they don't act like typical friends you would imagine, but it's clear to me they care for each other.
Even If they did have romantic feelings towards each other, as PaninaManina said, it's not imortant to the story so there's no use showing it imo, especially with the donghua being so short
Jul 5, 2021 9:13 PM

Nov 2020
Wow incredible ep. I wonder how it’ll end or how it’ll leave us on a cliffhanger
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
Jul 10, 2021 2:20 AM
Feb 2019
The ending is just mindblown.

I already expected the "girl" will inevitably die no matter the course of action took by Chenshi, but that sudden appearance is something I didnt expect. I was bored with the abundant of boring flashbacks and repetitive talks, then this unexpected turn of even as to how they end this episode (and foreshadowing a sequel) is just marvelous.

from 7, I gave this 9/10 because I truly like the story regardless of its animation.
Jul 10, 2021 4:18 AM

Jan 2021
NICE CHENG XIAOSHI NICEEEEE.

Jul 13, 2021 3:19 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well that new blond enemy is sure getting more and more interesting
Jul 13, 2021 3:56 PM

Apr 2018
The final conclusion is coming soon. The attacker entered the house but this time it's Cheng. It didn't go as easy as before. They trapped him in, SHOWDOWN about to begin!

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 14, 2021 5:14 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This episode thread has been properly formatted.
Jul 16, 2021 11:00 PM

Aug 2017
I'm curious about Cheng Xiaoshi past now, what the hell happened to her parents? Its connected to Lu Guang somehow? Did Liu Min has a twin now?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 20, 2021 1:23 PM
Aug 2020
IIashII said:
This episode actually blew away all my expectations and blew my mind. Maybe it's because I'm too hype for this show, maybe it's because I'm unhealthily obsessed with this story, but god this show manages to hit all my preferences and favourites in the genre.

Okay so onto the episode itself, I have SOOO much to talk about! I really liked that we finally get a bit more of Cheng Xiaoshi's backstory, and I just wanted to give him a big hug the whole time man, although we still don't know what exactly happened to his parents. It's heartwarming to see that Qiao Ling was there for him the whole time. I also loved that we got more of how Lu Guang and Cheng Xiaoshi actually became friends (and the BL tease left me screaming, I am a shipper at heart I suppose)! It was obvious that Cheng Xiaoshi had deep emotional scars with something that happened in the past, so I'm glad that it was explained further.

And onto the conflict, I thought that Liu Min did have time-travel related powers too, but now that I think about it, the murder attempt happened the day before Liu Min entered our photo studio. And his motivations too, so I just think he went psycho after the online harassment and got involved in something way over his head, competing with people with time travel powers lol. But why can he walk again though? His medical records seem fine, so it's unlikely that he was faking his injury the whole time. I do think maybe there's something that I'm missing, enlighten me if you guys have any ideas lol. The mystery with Emma still has to be resolved in the next episode, I'm not sure if they'll be able to close off all the plot threads in 24 minutes (hoping that the final episode is longer!)

Can we just talk about the galaxy brain level stuff Cheng Xiaoshi's pulling rn? I didn't know he had it in him lol, but I'm definitely excited to see what he does and what his plan is after taking the lead himself. This has to be the most brutal cliffhanger this show has pulled lol, I'm desperate to see the next episode!

All in all, this episode is definitely my favourite till now, and this boosted my whole impression of the show itself. I think this might turn into one of my all time favorites!!!

Edit: Oh my gosh, the events of Ep 8 also make sense now. At 1:30 in the morning, Liu Min went to kill Xu Shanshan, but she was possessed by Cheng Xiaoshi, so Xiaoshi then delivered his message to the murderer. When Qiao Ling tried to call her the following day, the murderer's messages "Clue recieved, my new friend." make sense! Liu Min figures out the clues through the photo of Shanshan in front of the studio, and then replies that he will be there as scheduled. At 1 the next morning, Liu Min arrived at the photo studio and was caught by Lu Guang in the darkroom, where Cheng Xiao reappeared.

You explained everything pretty well now that make sense!! Thankss!!
Jul 21, 2021 3:06 AM
Feb 2021
I have a question

That if they are ensuring the kid safety in ep 7 and ensuring girl safety in this episode aren't they changing past or the time node ??

Can anyone explain??
Jul 31, 2021 7:28 AM
Jan 2021
Nahhh this episode left me SHOOK, Icl I was feeling nervous the whole ep💀 then that ending!? Bye- that was a smart plan.

Aug 19, 2021 4:02 PM
Mar 2021
Really sad and thrilling episode! I'm looking forward to the last!
Sep 9, 2021 6:37 PM

Jan 2021
The buildup leading to the transition from the past to the present was so smooth

Feb 11, 2022 2:57 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So maybe Liu Min isn't exactly red herring after all, but rather, a villain created from Xiaoshi changing the nodes of the past?

I guess Xiaoshi wanted to save some time tracking down the masked man, and instead of simply unmasking him and revealing his identity, gave him some instructions that would lure him to get captured in the present. Ok I see you

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stardew - Apr 30, 2021

168 by UtamiQQ »»
Yesterday, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ilalochezia - May 13, 2021

57 by Mjohlnir »»
Apr 10, 8:44 PM

» Some logic questons

TheMageDalamar - Apr 1

11 by Soffy321 »»
Apr 6, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mystrias - May 20, 2021

152 by x340 »»
Apr 4, 8:54 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ilalochezia - Apr 30, 2021

77 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 27, 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.