Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 30, 2021 12:07 PM

Feb 2021
I think that with the animes that will be sold in the summer season, madoka magica side story will be the best , just enough to say that it will be yachiyo,also in the trailer you can see that quite good things are coming, tell me what you think

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 30, 2021 12:29 PM

Sep 2020
i'm also excepting a good sequel; madoka magica gaiden season 1 was very solid. if my girl madoka appears in this season, i will fucking explode.
  無限の                                                                     
Jun 30, 2021 12:53 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
KONNO_26_YUUKI said:
I think that with the animes that will be sold in the summer season, madoka magica side story will be the best , just enough to say that it will be yachiyo,also in the trailer you can see that quite good things are coming, tell me what you think

Yup it was a really strong production the first time, hopefully they focus on the group and we get to see a proper team figth rather then diverting the plot at every corner for pointless fanservice😎👍
Jun 30, 2021 4:39 PM
Jul 2018
Better than the first season? Probably, but best anime of the season? They're gonna have to make a really big change for that to be the case.
Jul 4, 2021 8:09 PM
Dec 2018
I feel the same. The first season wasn't bad, it could have been a great show if it didn't have to live upto the expectations of Madoka Magica. But the real plot starts from season 2. Season 1 merely established the rules of the city, and introduced major characters and their backstory. The plot didn't progress much; it was like your mystery of the day show. But now's the time when plot will move forward, and I have high hopes for it.
Jul 5, 2021 11:31 AM

Feb 2021
If the first season did not progress so much because it was more than anything to introduce the main characters and the magiu sect, but it was still excellent especially from iroha and yachiyo, I have high hopes for this coming season besides that I want to see what will happen original holy quintet
Jul 8, 2021 3:02 AM

Oct 2007
can't wait for this! :)

and my wallet worries.. a lot.. ><
Jul 8, 2021 2:11 PM
Jul 2019
At least it made me laugh
Jul 10, 2021 5:42 PM

Jul 2019
yo, why in tf is this coming last day of july lmao.
Jul 10, 2021 5:45 PM

Jun 2015
can't wait to give this a 2/10
Jul 17, 2021 9:02 PM

Jul 2017
since the first anime was so bad prob not
Jul 17, 2021 9:20 PM

Jan 2021
KamisamaArigatou said:
bruh, it really doesn’t deserve that. This spin-off definitely isn’t as good as the original by far, but this 2nd season could change stuff up. I believe in it.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Jul 17, 2021 11:02 PM

Apr 2017
Definitely won't be the best anime of the summer because I'd be skipping it because season 1 bored the hell out of me. It's not bad but it's not good either. Completely forgettable characters and plot that doesn't really move anywhere. All I remember is pink hair MC and the nice looking long hair loner friend of hers. That's all.
Jul 18, 2021 8:46 AM
Apr 2014
lol some people really just here to be upset. If the word madoka magica wasn't in front of the first seasons title it'd have hit a 7.5+ on mal without breaking a sweat. I am certainly hype for the next season.
Jul 18, 2021 7:25 PM

Jan 2019
Spicelit said:
KamisamaArigatou said:
bruh, it really doesn’t deserve that. This spin-off definitely isn’t as good as the original by far, but this 2nd season could change stuff up. I believe in it.
I'm also optimistic, I believe the second season can be better than the first and deserve a 6.

nekotan7 said:
lol some people really just here to be upset. If the word madoka magica wasn't in front of the first seasons title it'd have hit a 7.5+ on mal without breaking a sweat.
You may be right, as Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru (which is even worse than Magia Record) scores 7.37, but that doesn't say much about the quality of the work.
RyoketsuJul 18, 2021 7:32 PM
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Jul 19, 2021 10:33 AM

Feb 2021
all reason friend
Jul 19, 2021 10:40 AM

Feb 2021
For those who say that this will be a failure, I tell you that the best anime of this season are:
.kanojo mo kanoko
.tantei wa mou
.kobayashi san s
.vanitas no karte .shinigami bochaan
.bokutachi no remake

and none is superior to the first season of madoka agica side story in my point of view at least not for now, also I am sure that this second season is coming powerful.
Jul 20, 2021 3:42 AM
Dec 2019
KONNO_26_YUUKI said:
For those who say that this will be a failure, I tell you that the best anime of this season are:
.kanojo mo kanoko
.tantei wa mou
.kobayashi san s
.vanitas no karte .shinigami bochaan
.bokutachi no remake

and none is superior to the first season of madoka agica side story in my point of view at least not for now, also I am sure that this second season is coming powerful.

Those are the shows that you prefer, I don't think everybody is agree, mainly for kanojo mo kanojo
Same with the fact that all those shows are inferior to magian record S1

Otherwise, I have a good hope that it will be better than S1 (maybe 7 or 8)
but I don't think general opinion will change a lot (except due to sequel effect)
Jul 20, 2021 11:05 AM

Feb 2021
Yes, I understand it, and well this not only applies to the general, since it depends on the person and their tastes so it can be very varied, but even so I keep my word that this sequel / spin off is very good
Jul 21, 2021 5:57 PM

May 2014
Best anime or not, it is the one I'm the most looking forward to. We don't get enough good magical series over years and Magia is certainly one of those who makes the grade. I'm surprised the series is so far in popularity rankings behind lots of generic isekai/harem series.

And the PV certainly hyped me !
Jul 28, 2021 4:22 PM

Jan 2019
First season really dissapointed me and bored me a lot so I doubt this one will make a 180' change and suddenly become the best of the season, specially cause this season has many anime that in barely 4 episodes are already better than the whole first season of Magia Record.
Jul 31, 2021 12:10 AM

Feb 2020
I wasn't so impressed by the first season, so I don't have high hopes, but let's see what's going to happen..
Jul 31, 2021 3:05 AM

Sep 2020
I'm not much into the first season but I have hopes on this. Kinda excited for the 1st epi
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Jul 31, 2021 6:18 AM

Mar 2015
Finally...the Gaiden S2 and Jahy Sama! What a wonderful Saturday this is!
𝓙𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓪𝓷 𝓞𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓾 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓴𝓼. 𝓦𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓼 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓹𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓽.

"ℍ𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕒 𝔾𝕠𝕠𝕕 𝔻𝕒𝕪!" - 𝕂𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕟 𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕙𝕝𝕖; 𝕃𝔸 𝔹𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕥
Jul 31, 2021 9:49 AM

Mar 2015
But man, they're really dragging it out kinda, aren't they? Considering that the FINAL season isn't set to debut until an at this point unscheduled time in the Winter season. UGHHH! >_<

I'll take what I can get though...albeit, I still hold a DEEP hatred for Aniplex after what they did to the EN server of the Magia Record game. There was literally NO gacha out there...and yeah, this was THE ONLY GACHA I EVER PLAYED, I just KNOW NOTHING could replace it; especially it's PvP, which is, aside from an absolutely BRILLIANT story...basically...you come for the Story...you STAY for the Story.. AND the PvP! I literally spent tons on the game, and to find out that We were all just being used as source they could milk indefinitely, and then literally OUT OF THE BLUE..."Welp, we're closing the server! Hope you Guys had fun! ....NO REFUNDS."

If you're not familiar with the final days of the EN server, you'd be shocked. It was extremely shitty what they did to Us. Sigh. But I'm able to separate the Anime from the Game...and it's terribly shitty Devs. >_>
𝓙𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓪𝓷 𝓞𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓾 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓴𝓼. 𝓦𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓼 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓹𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓽.

"ℍ𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕒 𝔾𝕠𝕠𝕕 𝔻𝕒𝕪!" - 𝕂𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕟 𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕙𝕝𝕖; 𝕃𝔸 𝔹𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕥
Jul 31, 2021 9:55 AM
Dec 2017
Still waiting on madoka 4 to drop.

Jul 31, 2021 9:57 AM

Feb 2021
It's aight but calling it AOTS is a stretch. Needless to say, I'm a little interested to see whether the series can redeem itself.
Jul 31, 2021 12:24 PM
Feb 2021
This show is atrocious and it is only here to reaps the popularity of Madoka magica. Madoka magica is my favorite show and oh my god I had to do violence to myself to continue to watch this series. It's so empty as a story, the characters are so uninteresting, it's really an insult to the original series.

AkihapJul 31, 2021 12:31 PM
Jul 31, 2021 2:12 PM

Oct 2015
Definitely yea, and I'm pretty sure it'll be better than the first season too
Jul 31, 2021 3:57 PM

Jan 2020
If every episode is gonna be as good as the first, then yep. I can actually see this being the case for me

Aug 1, 2021 8:53 AM
Dec 2020
Vanitas no Carte, Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi, Sonny Boy, That Time I Reincarnated as A Slimme S2 P2, Shiroi Suna no Aquatope and Kobayashi Chi no Dragon Maid S exist tho.
Aug 1, 2021 9:02 AM

May 2012
First episode is boring. Noting good about it except animation

Aug 1, 2021 9:11 AM

Oct 2019
thepath said:
First episode is boring. Noting good about it except animation

WHAT?! if you think this episode was boring i don't get how you made it through the first season.
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Aug 1, 2021 9:32 AM
Oct 2019
I have my hopes up for YachiMifu fight next episode!
Aug 1, 2021 9:51 AM

Nov 2013
The animation was superb!!! A colossal upgrade from the first season.
Aug 1, 2021 9:59 AM

Feb 2018
maybe, but I dropped gaiden s1 and see no reasons to try this fanservice shit again
Aug 1, 2021 10:43 AM
Jan 2021
I really liked this episode, it feels like after a long wait now it's paid off with an interesting story and a very cool scene of Sayaka.
Aug 1, 2021 11:09 AM

Feb 2021
It started with the whole season, magnificent chapter and above all sayakagod was spectacular with an excellent scene and spectacular animation, I still think it will be the best of the season, and hold on that this gets out of control when Yachiyo enters the scene.
Aug 1, 2021 4:23 PM

Oct 2019
kataneer said:
maybe, but I dropped gaiden s1 and see no reasons to try this fanservice shit again

what if i told you, that the first 10 episodes of s1 are just the introduction, and this is actually canon and takes place somewhere in the middle of the original madoka magica series (kind of like how steins;gate 0 and steins;gate connect)
Also available at:

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Aug 2, 2021 3:39 AM
Feb 2021
arshiapolygons2 said:
kataneer said:

what if i told you, that the first 10 episodes of s1 are just the introduction, and this is actually canon and takes place somewhere in the middle of the original madoka magica series (kind of like how steins;gate 0 and steins;gate connect)

Is that supposed to be a reason to like the show to know it's "canon" ? Being "canon" does not take anything away from the fact that the series is poorly written and that it is only here to make fanservice and to leech the popularity of the original series
Aug 2, 2021 4:02 AM
Oct 2019
I'm also looking forward to it being the best anime this season, even if it's 8 episodes only, a 3rd season is already on its way. I'm confident that this season will be way better than the first one, it's gonna cover one of the best chapters in the game.
Aug 2, 2021 9:22 AM

Oct 2019
Akihap said:
arshiapolygons2 said:

Is that supposed to be a reason to like the show to know it's "canon" ? Being "canon" does not take anything away from the fact that the series is poorly written and that it is only here to make fanservice and to leech the popularity of the original series

its made from a game, and as far as game adaptations go its one of the best (unless you count VN's as games) . and you are right that they made the game because madoka magica was papular series, but i feel like its unfair to only see it like that.

the story isn't badly written, specially since almost nothing happens in season one to be badly written. for the most part the first season is a long and boring character introduction, which was a huge problem don't get me wrong, but now thats over.

you can argue that the characters are badly written, but you can't say the same about the story (which again, almost doesn't exist is season one, it only starts around episode 10)

also i thought by "fanservice" you meant random stuff that don't matter, since the show is not really an etchi or anything like that. thats why i tnought saying it connects to the original story might help you think otherwise.
Also available at:

Aug 3, 2021 12:15 AM
Jul 2021
People seem to hate the first season because nothing happened when the first season is a mere introduction of the rules and characters of the series like what steins gate did with the first 11 episode. It's seriously just a big joke considering its the first part of a 2 part anime and isn't completed yet
I'M THE NUMBER ONE DICK RISING UP TO MAKE YOU FEEL SMALL
Aug 3, 2021 12:21 AM
Jul 2021
Akihap said:
arshiapolygons2 said:

Being canon is just one of the many reasons to be optimistic at the very least of this show. The first season can be considered boring but the same can be said about the first 11 episodes of steins gate and I don't see many people complaining about how steins gate is "boring" and badly written. They need those boring opening episodes to set the world and the characters up so that they can focus on advancing the plot once shit starts getting real without worrying about worldbuilding, character development, etc. Let's not forget that the first season is a part one of a two part anime and is by no mean a standalone story. It's easy claiming every spin-off of a popular show as just "fanservice and leeching the fanbase" but there are good reasons as to why magia record isn't one of those cases. The first episode kinda proved that shaft is back with their A game so your comment won't age well most likely
Aug 3, 2021 8:31 AM

Jul 2019
CharlesDeGaulle said:
The first season can be considered boring but the same can be said about the first 11 episodes of steins gate and I don't see many people complaining about how steins gate is "boring" and badly written.

I don't know how this argument caught up but it's dumb and people quote it way more than they should. As someone who has watched SG twice and recently rewatched it, there's no difference between the first and second half, it's literally the same exact writing. The second half is equally slow-paced even during the climax. SG is not a Code Geass type of thriller and being slow paced doesn't equal being borning or bad writing. Madoka Magika and Made in Abyss are both slow paced yet masterpieces.
Aug 3, 2021 8:46 AM
Oct 2019
Of course there's a difference between the first and second half of the Stein Gate. The first one is a nice SOL with funny chuunibyou characters and a light atmosphere of mystery. The second one is some kind of mediocre sci-fi drama, very clumsily linking the routes of the original vn.
Aug 3, 2021 10:00 AM

Sep 2015
Not even the best anime of the day it is released. Unfortunatelly. That gaiden story has nothing new.
Aug 3, 2021 6:17 PM

Oct 2019
False_Mirror said:
Of course there's a difference between the first and second half of the Stein Gate. The first one is a nice SOL with funny chuunibyou characters and a light atmosphere of mystery. The second one is some kind of mediocre sci-fi drama, very clumsily linking the routes of the original vn.

bruh!! thats so wrong its not even funny. steins gate 0 might be somewhat what you said with clumsy linking of the routs. but the original? hell no

i've read the vn, in in my honest opinion i thought the anime was the better option. well for the original, not for 0.
Also available at:

Aug 3, 2021 9:19 PM
Jul 2021
I don't know how this argument caught up but it's dumb and people quote it way more than they should. As someone who has watched SG twice and recently rewatched it, there's no difference between the first and second half, it's literally the same exact writing. The second half is equally slow-paced even during the climax. SG is not a Code Geass type of thriller and being slow paced doesn't equal being borning or bad writing. Madoka Magika and Made in Abyss are both slow paced yet masterpieces.

The fact that you claim that the first and second part of steins gate progress at the same speed and pacing and is basically identical is just wrong on so many level. The first part of steins gate established the characters and the rules governing the world as the foundation of all the time travel shenanigans that happened in the second half, same thing with magia record s1. They're both slow burns so its really unfair for people to criticize magia record as some simple cashgrab and a way to leech of fans when it really hasn't completed its story yet. FYI, rewatching a show doesn't guarantee that you suddenly have a higher understanding of a show
CharlesDeGaulleAug 3, 2021 9:36 PM
Aug 3, 2021 9:19 PM
Jul 2021
False_Mirror said:

You're not a clown, you're the entire circus
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 7 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 11, 2021

37 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 16, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 4, 2021

61 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 16, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2021

52 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 15, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 21, 2021

66 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 15, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 7, 2021

82 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 13, 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.