Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 29, 2021 8:14 PM

May 2012
Finally. they did it. They licensed Das Finale Part 1 for North American distribution and other territories. Streaming and home video release will be on the 3rd Quarter of 2021.

SENTAI LOADS UP “GIRLS UND PANZER DAS FINALE – PART 1”

Pre-orders for the BD are now up on Sentai Filmworks and RightStufAnime websites.
zenjamibuJun 29, 2021 8:18 PM
Jul 25, 2021 10:48 AM

Jul 2021
I just rewatched GuP and I can't wait for this dvd to be released!!!!

I am slightly confused with how this is being released as each part is 48 minutes, correct? So we are only getting part one and not part 2? As RightStuf, in their description, says that this is part 1 of a 3 part movie series (but I know this is a 6 part series), or is that a mistake on their part? Sorry for all the questions, I have not really been following the news on this film series.
Jul 25, 2021 11:21 PM

May 2012
ColdBisquiT said:

I am slightly confused with how this is being released as each part is 48 minutes, correct? So we are only getting part one and not part 2? As RightStuf, in their description, says that this is part 1 of a 3 part movie series (but I know this is a 6 part series), or is that a mistake on their part? Sorry for all the questions, I have not really been following the news on this film series.

Yup, they are releasing Das Finale Part 1 for now. It looks like they will be releasing this in 6 individual BDs instead of a boxed set since it will take too long if they wait for all parts to finish before they release a boxed set. And yes this is a 6-part film series. But I looked at the Rightstuf website and I did not saw the "part 1 of a 3 part movie series" that you are referring to. If it does say that, it's a mistake on their part.
Jul 26, 2021 11:48 AM

Jul 2021
zenjamibu said:
ColdBisquiT said:

Yup, they are releasing Das Finale Part 1 for now. It looks like they will be releasing this in 6 individual BDs instead of a boxed set since it will take too long if they wait for all parts to finish before they release a boxed set. And yes this is a 6-part film series. But I looked at the Rightstuf website and I did not saw the "part 1 of a 3 part movie series" that you are referring to. If it does say that, it's a mistake on their part.

Thanks for the response, I think I understand how these films are being released now.

On RightStuf's website in the description for das Finale part 1, it says "Girls und Panzer das Finale Part 1 contains the first part of a three part anime movie series directed by Tsutomu Mizushima." So this is a mistake on their part then.

I do hope that part two will get licensed soon.
Jul 27, 2021 3:47 PM

May 2012
ColdBisquiT said:
zenjamibu said:

Thanks for the response, I think I understand how these films are being released now.

On RightStuf's website in the description for das Finale part 1, it says "Girls und Panzer das Finale Part 1 contains the first part of a three part anime movie series directed by Tsutomu Mizushima." So this is a mistake on their part then.

I do hope that part two will get licensed soon.

Saw it now. Yup, it's a mistake on their part. It's been well-documented on previous news articles on ANN and Crunchyroll that came from Japan sites that Das Finale will be a 6-part film series. Especially since Part 3 based on spoilers that it ended on a cliffhanger, you obviously would not assume that it will end in Part 3.

I hope so, too.
zenjamibuJul 27, 2021 4:00 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer das Finale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 23, 2018

66 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 26, 8:55 AM

» FYI, Girls und Panzer das Finale is a 6-part OVA series.

zenjamibu - Jul 6, 2017

15 by Gar_Logan »»
Aug 26, 2023 7:35 PM

» Wrong number of episodes for Fushou Akiyama Yukari no Sensha Kouza

Bryce3D - Apr 17, 2022

1 by chiliehead »»
Jun 19, 2022 7:10 AM

» ANOTHER DUBBED

alvinreddelta - Dec 24, 2018

1 by MrGarland »»
May 1, 2020 3:26 AM

» Just to let you guys know the hidden beautifullness in ooarai past

YizelTro - May 19, 2018

3 by no_good_name »»
Nov 4, 2019 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.