Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 28, 2010 11:00 AM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And so ends my second favorite anime of Winter 09 and the Winter 09 season end in general.

1st part:
-Older Anzu FTW. And of course Gainax doing their Gainax Bounce thing.
-"LOOK AT OUR BUDGET! IT'S SO BIG! WE CAN MAKE CGI CHRISTMAS TREES NOW! OOOH, LOOK AT OUR AMAZING BUDGET!"
-Older Hii-chan and Koume FTW too!
-....This is kind of a weird dream Anzu is having. (but then again, this is Gainax so....)
-Well that was one way to have AnzuXTsuchi.

2nd Part:
-What a pretty painting of Anzu and Sakura
-Whoa! A GBA SP! I totally remember those! :P
-I'm not exactly sure what Anzu's rationale is for supporting Tsuchi's love but all I know is that it's adorable.
-Oh my god, he's really confessing he's really doing it! Go Tsuchi G....Oh goddammit Yamamoto...
-When Tsuchi said the robot, I was sure it was gonna be an Evangelion...

ED: It's Anzu and her mom and crap still no Cruel Angel's Thesis parody. Someday it'll happen...

And...it's over...HURRAY NOTHING WAS RESOLVED! :P

Damn I hope we can get a Season 2. There's so much more material they can use I think.
Mar 28, 2010 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
T__T
Just when I already thought "YES HE'S DONE IT" Yamamoto-sensei defeats him completely.

Adult Anzu looked really strange in her clothes, like she was wearing a small sheep. The dream was so-so, I rather liked that she was sleeping all the time at the Christmas party, that's how children are xD

The painting of Anzu-father looked nice. That Anzu had to repeat Tsucchi's sentence was quite clear, I'm rather surprised that they discussed the matter afterwards (Hinagiku & Anzu), maybe they finally realized Yamamoto isn't a competitor for Tsuchida^^

Overall I think it was a great series, absolutely no Loli-abuse (contrary to what people thought it to be) but very adorable, humourous episodes and also nicely executed calm parts.
Mar 28, 2010 12:26 PM

Jan 2010
Gainax strikes again with a bad end.
Ok™
Mar 28, 2010 12:31 PM

Mar 2010
this ep taught me that nothings stronger than the power of love.
Mar 28, 2010 1:06 PM
Nov 2007
F**ck you Gainax
I want happy ending.
Fuck you Yammamoto, you are so... so.. f**king anoying, you are blind bi**ch.
You'be got man that love you, and you acting like this. Screw you.

Gainax trolled us again.
I demand 2nd season!

I'm only small polish female, so don't be so rude to me :<
I'm doing the best i can in english :>
Mar 28, 2010 1:14 PM

Dec 2007
1054 said:

It wasn't strong enough to break through Yamamoto's dense barrier.

The show gets an 8/10 from me. Adorable.
Mar 28, 2010 1:22 PM

Mar 2008
Well i am too wait normal confession in the end.
And i dont like this anime so much too want 2nd season.
Mar 28, 2010 1:26 PM
Jun 2008
Yes I need a 2nd season this was to good to let it stop that i even started the manga
Mar 28, 2010 1:28 PM

Dec 2007

Simply beautiful.
Mar 28, 2010 1:56 PM

Nov 2009
There was something about this anime that I really enjoyed, so i wouldn't mind a second season considering they keep the same performance. Which might be hard to do.
Of course, I fell for the happy ending T.T . Boy did i get tricked, I was excited too.
Mar 28, 2010 2:00 PM

Sep 2008
Meddigo said:
1054 said:

It wasn't strong enough to break through Yamamoto's dense barrier.
I lol'd.
Somehow the episode had all the elements of a last episode, but totally didn't feel like it; it must be the puppet show at the end and lack of all the characters in some stillshot.

The thing I loved most was probably how Anzu was dreaming the correct clothes for Hiiragi and Koume.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2010 2:04 PM

Jun 2009
Most satisfying show of this season. Now I'm sad it's over T_T

9/10
Mar 28, 2010 2:32 PM

Jun 2009
2nd season do want, 7/10 or maybe a bit higher.
Mar 28, 2010 2:44 PM

May 2009
And so it ends on yet another failed confession attempt. Sigh. Hopefully we'll get a second season so that Tsuchi can try again and again and again and again and...

Overall, a very fun and charming little show. Sundays won't feel the same without it.
Mar 28, 2010 3:21 PM

Mar 2009
First part: AnzuXTsuchi was very cute... nice dream and her being asleep the whole time... same thing has happened to me when I was a kid... LOL

Second Part: God, those paintings where gorgeous.. especially Baby Anzu and Sakura. Poor Tsuchi, to have a 6 year old to tell ya that she loves you and will be your bride one day, to tell ya to step up. Yamanoto-sensei is so dense its not even funny.. why you ask.
How the hell did she not notice that the puppets were her and Tsuchi?! Now that's what you call someone of density of a brick. I want a second season but with a new teacher that is really beautiful, but falls for Tsuchi and he likes her too just to see if Yamanoto-sensei may have some feelings for him. :D --- Randy
randywmorgan17Mar 29, 2010 5:37 PM
Mar 28, 2010 3:23 PM

Feb 2008
tsuchi you wimp.......be aggressive.

i love the Opening. its so exciting. this was a fun nice one, i wouldn't mind a second season although it isn't really necessary.
Mar 28, 2010 3:37 PM

Dec 2007
kisami said:
tsuchi you wimp.......be aggressive.

He was able to firmly grasp her hand, while sober! That puts him ahead of nearly all male leads in shounen romances.
Mar 28, 2010 4:19 PM
Feb 2010
I'd agree that the show doesn't require a second season, but if the response in Japan is anything like it has been for the subs, I'd say it's likely; the shows fragmented/dual story per episode scheme allows for plenty of elaboration.

9/10
Mar 28, 2010 4:22 PM

Aug 2009
havsie said:
Gainax strikes again with a bad end.

Well, I wouldn't say it was a bad end but yeah, this isn't helping Gainax's "we can't make an ending" stigma.
Mar 28, 2010 4:23 PM

Apr 2008
Anzu's dream made me smile and so did the corny 'Nothings stronger than the power of love' message.
Anyways it didn't feel like an ending so I'm expecting (hoping) for a season 2.
This show gets an 8 from me. It was to adorable.

Breath||
Mar 28, 2010 4:29 PM

Sep 2009
I felt so bad for Tsuchida, but I guess I expected it to end that way. Haha.

9/10

Mar 28, 2010 5:06 PM

Nov 2008
When this series started, it seemed like a cute bubbly comedy but the pace gradually deceased and when the last episode came, the magic didn't feel all that special anymore. I'll give it a 7/10.
Mar 28, 2010 6:24 PM

Oct 2008
What's up with this season. i cant get a good ending :(

Mar 28, 2010 6:33 PM

May 2008
rarri said:

Simply beautiful.
I second this.

Nice series.
Mar 28, 2010 6:41 PM

Jan 2009
the adult hiiragi's so cute!

*sigh* another fail confession, I got my hopes up for nothing. I thought things were going to change since it's the last episode...
Mar 28, 2010 7:47 PM

Jul 2009
Saw that the confession will failed..8/10

And Yamamoto officially become my greatest thick headed girl, let see if there is other girl who can beat her..
Mar 28, 2010 8:03 PM

Oct 2008
Laevantein said:

And Yamamoto officially become my greatest thick headed girl, let see if there is other girl who can beat her..

her sister?

Mar 28, 2010 9:34 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, very nice episode. I actually liked how they ended it. The first part was kind of funny and cute. It really showed a child's naive perspective and dreams of being an adult. Very cute ^^

Second part was shocking that Anzu actually supported the TsuchidaxYamamoto pairing. Too bad Yamamoto is too dense to figure things out. So in the end, nothing really changed XD

The ending was nice. Nothing beats the love between a parent and a child :)

Overall, this series started off nice but got boring towards the middle. However, this very pleasant final episode saved the score for me, so I'm giving it an 8/10

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Mar 28, 2010 9:39 PM

Aug 2009
AAUUGGGGHHH.
Is how I felt while watching this episode.
There was no closure at all - this is the only reason I didn't give it a 10. I think it would have been a more effective ending if they switched the second and first halves and ended it with Anzu's dream.

T_T I want a second season so badly. Just for everything to be resolved.
Because there's still Yamamoto Sensei's sister's relationship as well.
And grown up Hiiragi is LOVE!
Mar 28, 2010 9:54 PM

May 2009
maikun said:
Laevantein said:

her sister?

If it's hereditary, I wonder how the heck their parents ever managed to get together.
Mar 28, 2010 11:07 PM

Aug 2008
My first reaction was 'Huh it's over just like that?'

A cute anime but with a lame ending.
Mar 28, 2010 11:19 PM

Oct 2008
Poor Tsuchi...

I thought for sure this was the time when it would work, but Yamamoto just torpedoed his confession by going on to a work rant in the middle of it.

I don't think he was being overly wimpy in this episode though. Come on, he confessed to her once, he made an obvious almost confession another time and has been doing everything but confess to her since he met her, so much so that even the kids know his feelings. All times he was ignored, if not turned down. After all of that, even the most confident man would be shaken and Tsuchi is not very confident at all.

Anzu supporting him and still claiming to want to marry him really made no sense though. It is one thing to want someone to be happy at the expense of your own happiness, but she basically wanted to have her cake and eat it too.
Mar 28, 2010 11:29 PM

Oct 2009
ARRRRRRRRRRRAAAAUGHHHHHHH

That ending sucked D<
After he finally confessed... why couldn't they have just had them go get coffee and end it there. ;_; Stupid Yamamoto

Overall, the series was still pretty good though. Nice watch to unwind to when the day's over.

I'll probably end up forgetting about the series eventually though, since there really wasn't anything there to have it really stand out in my mind
Mar 29, 2010 12:01 AM

Apr 2009
I would have given it a 7/10 due to the failed confession if it wasn't for the great first half of the episode with Anzu's dream.

8/10. I wouldn't mind a second season, but it isn't really necesarry for me to watch more unintentional cockblocking.
Mar 29, 2010 1:44 AM

Apr 2008
Love that painting of Anzu and her mother ...

sadly maybe Yamamoto and Tsuchi isnt meant to be o-o

Mar 29, 2010 2:31 AM
Jun 2008
love is more powerful than any other thing in this world.Ahhh!!now i realize why men like to have affair....
Mar 29, 2010 2:50 AM

Oct 2009
Pretty impressive the first part with Anzu being adult and on top of it all Hiiragi/Koume being adults...Hiiragi still not ok with her adult form....don't know why but I did like Koume's adult form=>
and Anzu of course was fine too. That stroll in the park with Anzu/Tsuchida was romantic if only Tsuchida was like that in the series he would have been a good example of man up compared to Yoki in Chu-Bra (might be comparing this wrong).This is where you teach Anzu to put sugar into coffee=>
Hey...Hinagiku looks pretty nice in that dress....really nice!=>
Best parts for me where the kiss (if only it was real) and Yamamoto hand holding!=>

Anzu dancing in the snow was nice and Anzu in adult first thing was bouncy breasts? O_O =>

Second part was ok with the whole painting with this portrait reminding of some popular painting......anyone knows which one? Tsuchida sure gave Sakura a good boost with those words but for Anzu to encourage him with Yamamoto sensei......like I said before....Tsuchida either a)Kisses suddenly Yamamoto then says I love you or b)Says I love you and explains really well all with any misunderstanding clearing but not sure if he would do it......Complete Face Palm at how Yamamoto took things here=>
At least Tschida falling was funnny and Sakura when young had a nice smile (GIFs)=>
Anzu dancing alone in the snow is very nice.....she kind of reminded me of Mai a little because of something but Anzu crying was a little depressive.....I did not see her like that at all=>
Of course I completely loved that painting and something nice from the ED=>
Overall it was nice and easy 9/10 had funny moments and lots of good art.
francismeunierMar 29, 2010 2:57 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 29, 2010 4:26 AM

Aug 2008
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Never before have a wanted a duo to finally get together by the end but nooo, we couldn't have that could we. Bleh Gainax, give me my good end please!

7/10
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog
Mar 29, 2010 4:44 AM

May 2008
The end was cute and all, but I'm a little disappointed because after all Tsuchi didn't manage to confess his feelings to Yamamoto-sensei...
Anyway, I give this a 9/10 :D
Mar 29, 2010 5:32 AM

Oct 2009
sayami said:
The end was cute and all, but I'm a little disappointed because after all Tsuchi didn't manage to confess his feelings to Yamamoto-sensei...
Anyway, I give this a 9/10 :D
You can blame that on Yamamoto's sensei misunderstanding....problem with Tsuchida I noticed is that he does not affirm himself properly....he could have easily say to Yamamoto that it was not about work but his feelings but guess what? He did not do anything like that.....instead he pursued the conversation that Yamamoto started...this = to low self-esteem.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 29, 2010 6:00 AM

May 2007
Hehe, a kid talking about love, cute.

Mar 29, 2010 6:01 AM

Jul 2009
ArcticMech said:
maikun said:
Laevantein said:

her sister?

If it's hereditary, I wonder how the heck their parents ever managed to get together.
Didn't really care about her sister, less screen time, and besides Tsuchi confessed two times from i recalled, if i was there i'm gonna smacked her head hard
Mar 29, 2010 6:23 AM

Dec 2008
season 2 please
Mar 29, 2010 6:56 AM

Dec 2009
Winter ALWAYS makes stuff lovely <333
Great episode, great show (altough it went down around in the middle or so).
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 29, 2010 7:42 AM
Jun 2008
ep.12

getting ready for christmas then also do exchange gift then see tsuchi talk with yamamoto that wonder anzu.
anzu put the star on the tree while her mom cook she see anzu sleeping & anzu ask santa for a wish.
which is ta-da grown up anzu (yep this is older anzu) again?!
then anzu get dress then take walk around, looking, take a eat but the coffee is bitter.
ah a sparkling christmas tree, look around AH older hii & koume tell anzu get in the bus for christmas (with yamamoto-driver) then see snow looking then enter tsuchi.
tsuchi ask go outside for a walk then talk with anzu danc walk spin on the snow.
then anzu & tsuchi dance in the snow.
then anzu realize it's tsuchi get a kiss (mention another wish to santa) then tsuchi check on anzu to wake up while koume & hii with party streach blow look at anzu then here hinagiku & her boss' dad then other 2 teachers.
anzu still sleeping.

tsuchi, yamamoto & other 2 teacher on the train talk about anzu's parents with tsuchi mention lots of it.
then enter art gallery looking at the works of anzu's dad then a painting of anzu & her mom.
anzu's mom explain more about anzu's dad & his paint works.
flashback to the past showing anzu's mom seeing anzu's dad & painting that amaze her & he explain the painting.
then talk with tsuchi about the paintings then she goes to see him while tsuchi being tsuchi then out of nowhere anzu's mom appear cause he far away then tsuchi give some advice to help & mention the power of love.
after hearing it yamamoto called tsuchi cupid cause of what he did then realize cause of it all this end up on tsuchi (have anzu's mom get anzu's dad to equal anzu with lead anzu want tsuchi) very 180 then anzu's dad appear.
then tsuchi talk about painting & it's great.
night tsuchi & yamamoto walking whlie tsuchi hold anzu & they talk then anzu wake up so went home then anzu ask if tsuchi want more yamamoto then anzu said don't give up cause nothing stronger than power of love.
then tsuchi said he going to confess again to yamamoto then catch up but slip & ok.
then he about to confess but yamamoto mention something else that was go what on tsuchi?! yep it's not tsuchi's day
then anzu explain what happen to hii, koume, hinagiku about it & talk of it.
then it's puppet show time with a panda cat, yamamoto princess, prince tsuchi, & a robot in a story.

ed vid anzu & her mom walking then mom-daughter moments, floating, sleeping, anzu's moments, sing time, etc very mom-daughter time.

overall this series is ok & really IF season 2 we need it (also with license with english audio.)
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Mar 29, 2010 9:48 AM

Jul 2009
I can just shake my head watching Yamamoto dense. Poor Tsuchi XD.
Maybe there will be season 2, with open ending like this looks like Gainax look for the possibility for making the2nd season.
Mar 29, 2010 11:45 AM

Feb 2009
OH NOOOOOEEESSS!!! Damn you Yamamoto!

The kawaii overload of the first few episodes didn't last throught the whole show for me. So I'm giving this a 5/10. Still, Anzu in tears was adorable in this episode.
Mar 29, 2010 1:32 PM

Sep 2009
I gave it a 3 out of 5. While Part 1 was awesome and I did enjoy the kiss, the fact remained that I knew it was a dream so wasn't that satisfying. As for part 2.

He's at the 30, the 20, HE! MAY! GO! ALL! THE! WA-and he's down at the goal line.

That's how I sum it up. It felt like an episode for earlier on, not for the finale. It feels like they didn't treat this as if it was the last episode.

I still enjoyed it though.
also, one more thing to say about part-one

Boob Bounce
Mar 29, 2010 2:16 PM
Dec 2007
A Hanamaru ending I guess. Consistent, enjoyable and funny series with a slight GAINAX touch, and not slaughtered by Mizushima on top of that (making it one of his best works to date). 8/10

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 29, 2010 3:25 PM

Apr 2009
This show needs a second season.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Mar 21, 2010

56 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:03 PM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Mar 14, 2010

73 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 2:39 PM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 9 Discussion

garfield15 - Mar 7, 2010

49 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 28, 2010

62 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 21, 2010

63 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.