Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 29, 2021 4:42 AM
Jan 2021
How is Shirou alive? Did I miss something? I'm confused

Mod Edit: Edited title to avoid possible spoilers and appended it to original post.
Koito91Jul 7, 2021 1:50 PM
Jun 29, 2021 4:47 AM
Apr 2021
What I don't remember he still alive? 🤔😶
Jun 29, 2021 4:48 AM
May 2020
Shirou's body is dead, but his soul is still there because of Illya using Great Holy Grail. Rin and Sakura then met with Aozaki Touko, the red haired woman that you saw in the movie some time in the last minutes of the movie. She's a character from Kara no Kyoukai (shares same universe with Fate), and she's a puppeteer. Rin and Sakura then finally got a new body/puppet for Shirou, and places his soul there. And there, Shirou's still able to normally do all the things a human can do with his new body.
He's not dead. CMIIW.
Jun 29, 2021 4:52 AM
Apr 2020
This is the major issue with the adaptation of the Heaven's Feel movie, many important cut content.

In the Visual Novel, it is shown in detail that after the Holy Grail War, Rider finds Rin's Pendant which has Shirou's Soul kept safely (because of Illya using an incomplete version of Heaven's Feel magic & preserving Shirou's Soul inside the pendant). So she brings it to Sakura & Rin and they go to meet Touko Aozaki, a powerful Mage & excellent Puppeteer (also one of the main character from Garden of Sinners).
[Towards the end of the movie, you can notice a Red haired Woman with Overcoat walking pass Rin & Sakura when they go inside an alleyway.]

Touko makes an artificial Puppet Body & Shirou's Soul gets fused with the body, and takes his original form.
That's how Shirou is alive.
Jun 29, 2021 8:58 AM

Aug 2020
Rin and Sakura basically got a new body for Shirou and put Shirou's soul in there.
TyraqNov 19, 2021 12:06 AM
Jun 29, 2021 8:59 AM
Nov 2020
You didn’t miss anything, I was confused aswell when I first saw the movie. At the end you see Illyasviel dressed in the Dress of Heaven, she uses the Holy Grail to use one of the 5 true magics, Heaven's Feel, which materializes the soul of a person, in this case Shirou soul, that shiny ball in the cage Sakura was holding is his soul that was then transferred to a dummy restoring Shirou’s body. Hope I helped ehe ^^
Jun 30, 2021 6:13 PM
Jan 2021
Playay said:
Shirou's body is dead, but his soul is still there because of Illya using Great Holy Grail. Rin and Sakura then met with Aozaki Touko, the red haired woman that you saw in the movie some time in the last minutes of the movie. She's a character from Kara no Kyoukai (shares same universe with Fate), and she's a puppeteer. Rin and Sakura then finally got a new body/puppet for Shirou, and places his soul there. And there, Shirou's still able to normally do all the things a human can do with his new body.
He's not dead. CMIIW.
Ehere do diehard fans find this. Typemoon wiki?
Jun 30, 2021 6:15 PM
May 2020
Neekerinsuukko2 said:
Playay said:
He's not dead. CMIIW.
Nah I was just having some discussion from other diehard fans about the ending, and came up with this conclusion. The amount of metaphor is ridiculous, even some typemoon tard I know still don't understand the ending despite knowing the lore.
Jul 1, 2021 2:33 AM

Aug 2009
Playay said:
Neekerinsuukko2 said:
Nah I was just having some discussion from other diehard fans about the ending, and came up with this conclusion. The amount of metaphor is ridiculous, even some typemoon tard I know still don't understand the ending despite knowing the lore.
It isnt a metaphors.

Ilya outright tells you what she will do, materialize his soul, and then you see Rin and Sakura finding a puppet and the orb inside the cage Sakura is holding lights up.

1+1=2

Jul 1, 2021 2:38 AM
May 2020
ssjokg said:
Playay said:
It isnt a metaphors.

Ilya outright tells you what she will do, materialize his soul, and then you see Rin and Sakura finding a puppet and the orb inside the cage Sakura is holding lights up.

1+1=2

No I mean it wasn't clearly explained, isn't that what metaphor meaning?
Rin and Sakura just wall pass Aozaki Touko, they don't even show that Rin and Sakura do a conversation with Touko to get a puppet. They just walk pass by, and later shot on a puppet. People bound to be confused and missed this if watching this casually without thinking.
Jul 1, 2021 2:44 AM

Aug 2009
Playay said:
ssjokg said:
It isnt a metaphors.

1+1=2

Rin and Sakura just wall pass Aozaki Touko, they don't even show that Rin and Sakura do a conversation with Touko to get a puppet. They just walk pass by, and later shot on a puppet. People bound to be confused and missed this if watching this casually without thinking.
No a metaphor is using something completely different to allude for something else. The images Shirou sees when he first touches the Shadow in movie 1 are metaphors for Sakura's life.

They dont have to talk to Touko.They never actually found her in the VN either, we just know that the puppet they got was made from her.Rin was actually still looking for her even after getting that used puppet.
The movie could easily not even show Touko.

If people arent thinking then that is on them, not the movie.
Jul 1, 2021 2:49 AM
May 2020
ssjokg said:
Playay said:
No a metaphor is using something completely different to allude for something else. The images Shirou sees when he first touches the Shadow in movie 1 are metaphors for Sakura's life.

They dont have to talk to Touko.They never actually found her in the VN either, we just know that the puppet they got was made from her.Rin was actually still looking for her even after getting that used puppet.
The movie could easily not even show Touko.

If people arent thinking then that is on them, not the movie.
Oh okay, I didn't know that. My bad, sorry
Aug 9, 2021 10:58 AM
May 2016
Playay said:
ssjokg said:
It isnt a metaphors.

1+1=2

they don't just walk pass by, if you look closely, sakura actually bows to her, and the theory suggested makes complete sense, the details were all there but we need to make sense of it, but all in all its pretty hard to catch onto all those minor details even for people who watched both kara no kyoukai and fate.
Oct 24, 2021 9:45 AM

Apr 2015
justuday said:
Playay said:
they don't just walk pass by, if you look closely, sakura actually bows to her, and the theory suggested makes complete sense, the details were all there but we need to make sense of it, but all in all its pretty hard to catch onto all those minor details even for people who watched both kara no kyoukai and fate.

Yeah, I had to watch the ending twice to get the soul-orb in the bird cage & doll thingy & I did think it was odd that they just showed a redheaded person passing them in the alley like that coz they didn't seem to be drawn like a minor character & Sakura nodded/bowed at them. I've watched both KnK & Fate but I didn't make that connection.

But I did manage to figure out the soul transfer part coz the teacher says "Who knows when he's coming back" & Tohsaka says his "physical body was destroyed." The fact that it was Touko is basically just trivia, they didn't really have to include her for plot purposes but a bit more explanation about the doll thingy would've been nice. Maybe just... show him like a doll in his new body. Show a couple ball joint seams. That would've been nice.

Living more lively than me who is alive
The tears of this morning sun, are soaking through my heart
Oct 24, 2021 10:17 AM

Aug 2009
TakaiAkai said:
justuday said:

Yeah, I had to watch the ending twice to get the soul-orb in the bird cage & doll thingy & I did think it was odd that they just showed a redheaded person passing them in the alley like that coz they didn't seem to be drawn like a minor character & Sakura nodded/bowed at them. I've watched both KnK & Fate but I didn't make that connection.

But I did manage to figure out the soul transfer part coz the teacher says "Who knows when he's coming back" & Tohsaka says his "physical body was destroyed." The fact that it was Touko is basically just trivia, they didn't really have to include her for plot purposes but a bit more explanation about the doll thingy would've been nice. Maybe just... show him like a doll in his new body. Show a couple ball joint seams. That would've been nice.

But Touko isnt just trivia because her dolls are indistinguishable from humam bodies once used. It is the reason why she is hiding from the Association and it is hard to find her.

In KnK Shiki's arm looks like a doll's only after some ghost tool control of it.

I agree that it could have used like a minute more for that.
Nov 1, 2021 7:20 PM

Feb 2010
Playay said:
He's not dead. CMIIW.

I have an extremely important question.

Can he still fuck Sakura?
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Nov 1, 2021 8:11 PM
May 2020
ReinhardVonMusel said:
Playay said:
He's not dead. CMIIW.

Based on The Law of Main Character, yes he still can.
Dec 9, 2021 1:16 PM

Dec 2007
ReinhardVonMusel said:
Playay said:
He's not dead. CMIIW.

If I recall correctly, in the visual novel they hint that they fuck quite a lot because she still has remnants of the lesser grail inside her.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - III. Spring Song Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Aug 15, 2020

518 by TheFelipex »»
Apr 16, 4:45 PM

» Do this whole movie happens in alternate timeline ? anyone could do explain breifly

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 28

9 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 31, 11:11 AM

» I liked all of it but didn't understand the ending

Beauty123 - Apr 8, 2021

14 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 29, 4:46 AM

» Do you hate Sakura?

Stacias - Jul 20, 2022

46 by LANARp-0470 »»
Mar 16, 5:42 AM

Poll: » How do you feel about sakura? ( 1 2 )

Clar_00 - Mar 4, 2022

59 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 14, 8:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.