Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 28, 2021 4:14 PM

Jan 2009
this is more about Violent Action and Sex Show with an Anti-Hero Main Character (kinda unique tropes on a battle shonen show)

i consider this a classic Power Fantasy type of show like the usual battle shonens since the main character is a loser or weak but he become powerful and that change his life

to those looking for 2deep4u shows (lots of logic or big brain story) with masterful plot twists like Attack on Titan does for the majority of its run then better lower your expectations

for the record i very much enjoyed the manga since im a simple man

this show will not make you think a lot but feel a lot more

that is all and feel free to discuss if you anime only fans have any other question then ask away
degJul 29, 2021 5:49 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 28, 2021 4:24 PM

Aug 2013
Fair enough and I think the PV did a great job of showing that.

This show will definitely thrive off its action sequences and your love for the characters, their growth and their interactions, just as the manga did. Also just a cool as hell universe, and a lot of people are loving demons in anime right now.
Jun 28, 2021 4:33 PM

Aug 2019
I haven't read the manga, or overly hyped about the anime. A PV is a PV and may not reflect the quality of the final product, but it looked pretty good from what I've seen.

Not mind blowing, but pretty good, so I'll watch it.

I think with the hype currently behind the series, some people will undoubtedly be disappointed. The more hype, the more disappointed people you'll get.
Jun 28, 2021 4:48 PM

Aug 2017
I really doubt you read the same manga that I did
This manga needs a seasoned reader to understand its topics
It's like any manga made by Fujimoto Tatsuki
This manga is not for superficial people
It's way better than Attack on Titan
Jun 28, 2021 5:03 PM

Jan 2009
Balo_or said:

those topics have just few expositions through out the manga, this manga is more on action and less talking or dialogues
Jun 28, 2021 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
What kind of sex action are we talking about. We might not even get to Quanxi so that is probably going to be out of the picture.
Jun 28, 2021 5:23 PM
Feb 2021
Deep/complex storie doesn't mean a good piece. Sometimes the simple it's better and more interesting and that's the case of CSM. An unpredictable narrative, charismatic characters and good action scenes, that's it.
Also, AOT is not complex, all the ideas of the series are quite explicit.The most subjective and interpretive part is precisely its bad ending.

Jun 28, 2021 5:38 PM
Mar 2021
What the fuck?? Chainsaw man is a philosophocal show about absurdism. Have we read the same manga??? Sure, it has fights and sex but it has very complex, deep characters and a lot of cool symbolism and philosophical alegories like Denji being Sisyphus.
Jun 28, 2021 5:40 PM

Jan 2009
Thururuzao said:

Also, AOT is not complex, all the ideas of the series are quite explicit.

that is the thing i said Attack on Titan is 2deep4u because it has more exposition about its topics like

ChireaI9 said:
What the fuck?? Chainsaw man is a philosophocal show about absurdism. Have we read the same manga??? Sure, it has fights and sex but it has very complex, deep characters and a lot of cool symbolism and philosophical alegories like Denji being Sisyphus.

lol the expositions about them are weak that is all there is less talk and dialogues in this manga
Jun 28, 2021 5:43 PM

Aug 2017
deg said:
Balo_or said:

those topics have just few expositions through out the manga, this manga is more on action and less talking or dialogues

Well you really don't understand Chainsaw Man
It doesn't really deal with a lot of big topics. The whole story is about the growth of a young boy named Denji who has almost nothing and Makima who has everything. It's a story about maturity and self-existence. A lot of the characters in the story are trying to find something. It's just a very realistic story. In the way it presents the characters and their problems, this is what makes it a great story
I recommend you to read some books on the same topics to understand
Jun 28, 2021 5:47 PM

Jan 2009
Balo_or said:
deg said:

It doesn't really deal with a lot of big topics. The whole story is about the growth of a young boy named Denji who has almost nothing and Makima who has everything. It's a story about maturity and self-existence. A lot of the characters in the story are trying to find something. It's just a very realistic story. In the way it presents the characters and their problems, this is what makes it a great story

lol fan interpretations can go as deep as any philosophy but come on there is less expositions about those in this manga, youre in denial if those are explained as deep as you all interpreted them now

anyway this is going in circles, this is more on violent action with sex and superficial takes on some philosophy with its few expositions about them that is all for me here
Jun 28, 2021 5:52 PM
Oct 2020
This is the kind of anime that could receive GOH treatment and still be fucking brilliant lmao
Jun 28, 2021 5:56 PM

Dec 2020
It has just the right amount of depth, not totally surface level shallow but not super 2deep4u shit and I think that's perfect for a series like this.
Jun 28, 2021 6:05 PM

Aug 2017
deg said:
Balo_or said:

lol fan interpretations can go as deep as any philosophy but come on there is less expositions about those in this manga, youre in denial if those are explained as deep as you all interpreted them now

anyway this is going in circles, this is more on violent action with sex and superficial takes on some philosophy with its few expositions about them that is all for me here

Well, if you knew the main purpose of the story, you wouldn't have said that. I've been studying philosophy and literature for 10 years now, and eventually I hear someone tell me that.
The main purpose of making stories since the dawn of history is your personal opinion and your conclusion of it is not based primarily on much explanation. It is based on your conclusion of it and your thoughts. Human minds since the beginning of history are what determine the value of things and stories too. I can tell you that the Book of the Dead is just hymns to bury The dead are not stories that tell about the ancient gods of the pharaohs and thus determine their ideas about this world, or that the Iliad is just an epic poetry that does not contain a good story. We determine the value of things by our inference and interpretation of them, even if it is a philosophical or absurd interpretation
Jun 28, 2021 6:12 PM

Jan 2009
Balo_or said:
deg said:

Well, if you knew the main purpose of the story, you wouldn't have said that. I've been studying philosophy and literature for 10 years now, and eventually I hear someone tell me that.
The main purpose of making stories since the dawn of history is your personal opinion and your conclusion of it is not based primarily on much explanation. It is based on your conclusion of it and your thoughts. Human minds since the beginning of history are what determine the value of things and stories too. I can tell you that the Book of the Dead is just hymns to bury The dead are not stories that tell about the ancient gods of the pharaohs and thus determine their ideas about this world, or that the Iliad is just an epic poetry that does not contain a good story. We determine the value of things by our inference and interpretation of them, even if it is a philosophical or absurd interpretation

im not denying that interpreting the story is part of consuming them

but fan interpretations are very very subjective and im no philosophy and literature major like you nor i do have a lot of background on the previous works of this author and if you require your readers or viewers to have those kind of requirement before they read your work then lol i doubt you will have many fans
Jun 28, 2021 6:12 PM

Mar 2021
@Balo_or @deg buddies you two gotta relax. You going at it on two forums for unnecessary reasons. Clearly you both liked the series even if it’s for different reason and that’s fine, so I don’t see the reason you trying to convert each other for.
Jun 28, 2021 6:16 PM

Aug 2017
أنت said:
Balo_or said:

im not denying that interpreting the story is part of consuming them

but fan interpretations are very very subjective and im no philosophy and literature major like you nor i do have a lot of background on the previous works of this author and if you require your readers or viewers to have those kind of requirement before they read your work then lol i doubt you will have many fans

I just want people to appreciate stories like this, not just Chainsaw Man, but all stories like this and not underestimate them.
Jun 28, 2021 6:16 PM

Jan 2009
LustKamisama said:
@Balo_or @deg buddies you two gotta relax. You going at it on two forums for unnecessary reasons. Clearly you both liked the series even if it’s for different reason and that’s fine, so I don’t see the reason you trying to convert each other for.

ye im gonna stop it now then

for the record i very much enjoyed the manga of Chainsaw Man
Jun 28, 2021 6:49 PM
Jul 2020
Good to know. People have been hyping this up way too much.
Jun 28, 2021 6:50 PM

Mar 2020
deg said:
this is more about Violent and Sex Action Show with an Anti-Hero Main Character (kinda unique genres on a battle shonen show)

i consider this a classic Power Fantasy type of show since the main character is a loser but he found great power and that change his life

to those looking for 2deep4u shows with masterful plot twists like Attack on Titan does for the majority of its run then better lower your expectations

that is all and feel free to discuss if you anime only fans have any other question then ask away

I guess Berserk is just about violence and sex with an anti-hero main character as well then.

Surface level explanations like this can misguide newcomers into never experiencing series like CSM.
Jun 28, 2021 6:50 PM
Dec 2017
yeah its another popcorn type action so its not going to be the next sel.

Jun 28, 2021 6:53 PM

Jan 2009
r3su said:
deg said:
this is more about Violent and Sex Action Show with an Anti-Hero Main Character (kinda unique genres on a battle shonen show)

i consider this a classic Power Fantasy type of show since the main character is a loser but he found great power and that change his life

to those looking for 2deep4u shows with masterful plot twists like Attack on Titan does for the majority of its run then better lower your expectations

I guess Berserk is just about violence and sex with an anti-hero main character as well then.

Surface level explanations like this can misguide newcomers into never experiencing series like CSM.

my surface level explanation are the same length as the expositions on this manga that focuses more on violent action

again i enjoyed the manga of Chainsaw Man im not hating on it
Jun 28, 2021 8:13 PM

Oct 2017
I am confused why all these topics are like coming up say don't overhype or don't expect x. Are people actually going into CSM expecting Nietzsche lol? Do we need to care about some hype beast might be disappointed because of how much the trailer trended?

The amount of even 2deepforu shows that are even that hard to understand or not completely upfront with their themes in this medium are minimal. That's actually true of a lot of media in general.

I just haven't seen people in the past with DS, JJK, Devilman Crybaby or JoJo are coming out saying don't expect some deep plot like yeah dude it's a battle shonen. Like even for highly rated titles like HxH I don't see people coming out saying don't get hyped going into this anime because it isn't that deep. Yeah it's action adventure shonen what do you think I was expecting? There are some serious topics addressed in CSM but like all action shonen it's about the characters and the thrilling action.

Where is this expectation from the plot, the trailer or anything else that this isn't what CSM is focused on? Because lots of people are excited for it? Large amounts of people being excited for something must mean it's deep or that true value only comes from having said be deep?

Also finally how is Denji's life a power fantasy? You and me obviously have very different definitions I would not like to be in Denji's situation at all then again maybe in the world of CSM having demon powers would pretty helpful. Plus Denji while socially awkward and uneducated is not a loser honestly before he even got his powers he was quite a badass surviving despite a hard situation that few would come out of though sure he had help.
BilboBaggins365Jun 28, 2021 8:20 PM
Jun 28, 2021 9:22 PM

Aug 2020
it doesnt have much of a layered and complex storyline . the number of chapters would suggest that . we follow our boy denji to his goal of achieving a "normal" life .

But some of the scenes will definitely confuse a lot of the viewers especially that "specific arc" hahahaha

what you can expect is what you saw in the PV : utter balls to walls chaos , eccentric but extremely fun characters , actions scenes like you have never seen before , NEVER , and a lot of references .

Jun 28, 2021 9:45 PM

Jan 2009
BilboBaggins365 said:
I am confused why all these topics are like coming up say don't overhype or don't expect x. Are people actually going into CSM expecting Nietzsche lol? Do we need to care about some hype beast might be disappointed because of how much the trailer trended?

The amount of even 2deepforu shows that are even that hard to understand or not completely upfront with their themes in this medium are minimal. That's actually true of a lot of media in general.

I just haven't seen people in the past with DS, JJK, Devilman Crybaby or JoJo are coming out saying don't expect some deep plot like yeah dude it's a battle shonen. Like even for highly rated titles like HxH I don't see people coming out saying don't get hyped going into this anime because it isn't that deep. Yeah it's action adventure shonen what do you think I was expecting? There are some serious topics addressed in CSM but like all action shonen it's about the characters and the thrilling action.

Where is this expectation from the plot, the trailer or anything else that this isn't what CSM is focused on? Because lots of people are excited for it? Large amounts of people being excited for something must mean it's deep or that true value only comes from having said be deep?

Also finally how is Denji's life a power fantasy? You and me obviously have very different definitions I would not like to be in Denji's situation at all then again maybe in the world of CSM having demon powers would pretty helpful. Plus Denji while socially awkward and uneducated is not a loser honestly before he even got his powers he was quite a badass surviving despite a hard situation that few would come out of though sure he had help.

im warning the upcoming threads where will make topics that this story is nothing special or the story is mid just like most battle shonen criticism out there

about power fantasy i forgot to add that most battle shonen is about power fantasy in my book like Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail and heck even my favorite anime Gurren Lagann, there is nothing wrong with power fantasy ye its all about power from power of friendship/belief or pure power etc

a weakling or loser becomes powerful that is the simple definition of power fantasy imo and it shows here too https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PowerFantasy
Jun 28, 2021 9:50 PM

May 2021
deg said:

why will people hate the anime?? please explain
well i know the manga contains gruellsome scenes and blood bath....but it is a typical chaotic shounen,,,then why?
did you not like the manga?
Jun 28, 2021 10:05 PM

Jan 2009
VELVET_BLUES said:
deg said:

why will people hate the anime?? please explain
well i know the manga contains gruellsome scenes and blood bath....but it is a typical chaotic shounen,,,then why?
did you not like the manga?

like i said i very much enjoyed the manga of Chainsaw Man, its very fun as a violent action show with some sex on it but those who expect a deep plot or story with lots of exposition might be disappointed
Jun 28, 2021 10:10 PM

Jan 2018
Yeah it will just be an entertaining mess, not that deep
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jun 28, 2021 10:18 PM

Jan 2017
It's opposite, AOT is just pretentious while referring to bland topics, CSM lures you in with its silliness while exposing you to the very essence of life. Sex and action are just a mean to get you there and the story is progressively stripped of them, and it's not a fan interpretation, it's the exact same progression the author adopted in its previous work, Fire punch, where there instead he tries to give a philosophical ending but in its own complexity it ends up being sophistry, in CSM he goes the opposite direction, and the result is an exquisite simpleness.

It's all sound stupid until you read CSM again and reach the end and read carefully, and then it hits you.
Jun 28, 2021 10:26 PM

Jan 2009
Frazs said:
It's opposite, AOT is just pretentious while referring to bland topics, CSM lures you in with its silliness while exposing you to the very essence of life. Sex and action are just a mean to get you there and the story is progressively stripped of them, and it's not a fan interpretation, it's the exact same progression the author adopted in its previous work, Fire punch, where there instead he tries to give a philosophical ending but in its own complexity it ends up being sophistry, in CSM he goes the opposite direction, and the result is an exquisite simpleness.

It's all sound stupid until you read CSM again and reach the end and read carefully, and then it hits you.

you already said its exquisite simplicity i agree thats why it has this mass appeal right now it can become the next Demon Slayer with its exquisite simplicity too at least it will be more popular in the west or none Japanese regions
Jun 28, 2021 10:30 PM

Oct 2017
deg said:
BilboBaggins365 said:

im warning the upcoming threads where will make topics that this story is nothing special or the story is mid just like most battle shonen criticism out there

about power fantasy i forgot to add that most battle shonen is about power fantasy in my book like Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail and heck even my favorite anime Gurren Lagann, there is nothing wrong with power fantasy ye its all about power from power of friendship/belief or pure power etc

a weakling or loser becomes powerful that is the simple definition of power fantasy imo and it shows here too https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PowerFantasy

I mean what does mid mean lol.... are battle shonen by their nature always mediocre that's value judgment on your part. Lots are going to come in expecting that and be deeply satisfied since they enjoy that genre. Even for those that love CSM I think most just agree it's a well done battle shonen. What stories are actually special in this medium where you can find very little comparable? I can't think of many again I just think it's weird everyone wants to jump on shaming anyone excited and then make some argument that look it's not that special well what is in your opinion? Every story to some degree has been done before or follows a trope. What are people allowed to get excited for then?

Also I disagree on that usage since by that logic you could argue a large portion of characters in fiction are power fantasies since they often express some ideal. It kinda makes the term really vague at that point and kinda useless.
BilboBaggins365Jun 28, 2021 10:34 PM
Jun 28, 2021 10:33 PM
Jul 2018
Tf is "sex action"?
Also calling this a power fantasy makes me doubt you have read either.
Jun 28, 2021 10:34 PM

Jan 2009
BilboBaggins365 said:
deg said:

I mean what does mid mean lol.... are battle shonen by their nature always mediocre that's value judgment on your part. Lots are going to come in expecting that and be deeply satisfied since they enjoy that genre. Even for those that love CSM I think most just agree it's a well done battle shonen.

Also I disagree on that usage since by that logic you could argue a large portion of characters in fiction are power fantasies since they often express some ideal. It kinda makes the term really vague at that point and kinda useless.

youre living under a rock if you do not know what mid means it just mean average

it is, power fantasy story is that common thats why its a lot of times use as a derogatory term but for me i do not find anything wrong with it with how popular that kind of story theme or trope is

Borshta said:
Tf is "sex action"?
Also calling this a power fantasy makes me doubt you have read either.

i meant violent action and sex or nudity show its more pure emotional fun than 2deep4u brain entertainment

i already explained why i called it power fantasy on previous replies
Jun 28, 2021 10:37 PM

Oct 2017
deg said:
BilboBaggins365 said:

I mean what does mid mean lol.... are battle shonen by their nature always mediocre that's value judgment on your part. Lots are going to come in expecting that and be deeply satisfied since they enjoy that genre. Even for those that love CSM I think most just agree it's a well done battle shonen.

youre living under a rock if you do not know what mid means it just mean average

it is, power fantasy story is that common thats why its a lot of times use as a derogatory term but for me i do not find anything wrong with it with how popular that kind of story theme or trope is

I am aware what it means I just mean that you haven't describe why the plot is average or why others view it that way it's just your opinion that battle shonen by nature or not things to get excited for. It's a vague stupid term. I edited my post where i pointed my issues with all of this. You guys are posting and getting defensive for no reason outside woe is me a battle shonen is extremely popular.
Jun 28, 2021 10:39 PM

Jan 2009
BilboBaggins365 said:
deg said:

I am aware what it means I just mean that you haven't describe why the plot is average or why others view it that way it's just your opinion that battle shonen by nature or not things to get excited for. It's a vague stupid term. I edited my post where i pointed my issues with all of this. You guys are posting and getting defensive for no reason outside woe is me a battle shonen is extremely popular.

you also explained already that its a battle shonen implying the story is not that special too

its just a simple fun mature wild ride
Jun 28, 2021 10:43 PM

Oct 2017
deg said:
BilboBaggins365 said:

you also explained already that its a battle shonen implying the story is not that special too

My point is what story is truly special? Why is CSM being singled out?
Jun 28, 2021 10:45 PM

Jan 2009
BilboBaggins365 said:
deg said:

nothing special in this case means you will not use a lot of logic or brain power to understand the story

CSM got a lot of hype right now if you do not notice so before threads here shows up about this show is mid blah blah this thread is a warning
Jun 28, 2021 11:06 PM

Oct 2017
deg said:
BilboBaggins365 said:

nothing special in this case means you will not use a lot of logic or brain power to understand the story

CSM got a lot of hype right now if you do not notice so before threads here shows up about this show is mid blah blah this thread is a warning

What series really needs that much brain power to understand it? Series like LOTGH aren't that big brain.
Jun 28, 2021 11:09 PM

Jan 2009
BilboBaggins365 said:
deg said:

What series really needs that much brain power to understand it? Series like LOTGH aren't that big brain.

but LOTGH is considered big brain since it has a lot of exposition about politics and even philosophy (im only watching the remake so i got no idea about it more) so fans can start delving more into those plot themes in a deeper way
Jun 28, 2021 11:11 PM

Jan 2017
deg said:
Frazs said:

you already said its exquisite simplicity i agree thats why it has this mass appeal right now it can become the next Demon Slayer with its exquisite simplicity too at least it will be more popular in the west or none Japanese regions

You response wasn't clear, but I don't think you seem to get what I mean( you are welcome to say otherwhise) , by simpleness I'm not saying csm is actually about action comedy and sex,that's what it wants to appear on the surface, I'm saying that at it's core is discussing about things like happiness existence family, all exquisite simple themes, AOT is not 2deep4u, it appears profound but at the core its shallow,its all smoke and no meat. If you say it's a Power fantasy show I assure you are underselling csm and it's a pity.
Jun 28, 2021 11:11 PM

Oct 2017
deg said:
BilboBaggins365 said:

but LOTGH is considered big brain since it has a lot of exposition about politics and even philosophy (im only watching the remake so i got no idea about it more) so fans can start delving more into those plot themes in a deeper way

The takes on politics and history are really basic though. It literally is just Romance of the Three Kingdoms mixed with some space opera tropes and Napoleonic tactics in space. I love it but it isn't anything that hasn't been done before. I just like the execution.

You can come up just as many takes on how CSM is such an amazing look at abusive relationships. Again we are a discussing a medium largely targeted to teens and almost all the themes are going to be in your face. That's okay but let's not pretend that much if anything in the medium is "big brain" content.
Jun 28, 2021 11:17 PM

Jan 2009
@BilboBaggins365

what makes LOTGH an elitist anime then?

thats the point im constantly repeating CSM is not a big brain show so those that expects something like that should lower their expectations

Jun 28, 2021 11:18 PM

Jul 2020
D-did we even read the same series?

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 28, 2021 11:19 PM

Jan 2009
Scordolo said:

so is this manga Big Brain for you?
Jun 28, 2021 11:20 PM
Feb 2021
Woo boo, our first? CSM is MID thread, this is exactly the type of shit I was scared of but eff it, Acceptium. Story aint crazy but prepare for pain
Jun 28, 2021 11:21 PM

Jan 2009
Fada_Fx said:
Woo boo, our first? CSM is MID thread, this is exactly the type of shit I was scared of but eff it, Acceptium. Story aint crazy but prepare for pain

i scored it high i very much enjoyed the manga for what it is
Jun 28, 2021 11:23 PM

Oct 2017
deg said:
@BilboBaggins365

thats the point im constantly repeating CSM is not a big brain show so those that expects something like that should lower their expectations

The fact it's old and you have some dumb smug fans who enjoy it that is it. Main reason I think more people should get into it because honestly if GOT can be mainstream so can LOTGH it's not that complicated.

Secondly again where is the assumption that CSM is a big brain show is coming from? If I was an anime only I would be like oh cool a really edgy violent, sexual battle shonen looks fun. I know that because I read CSM literally after seeing the Quanxi cover art. I didn't expect some big brain title I don't most others do too. Sure you have people who say this isn't like other battle shonen etc but again that's typical hype for any big series.

People in general going into any content or media shouldn't have over inflated expectations that's a good general rule. That doesn't mean you can't get excited if people let it get to the point this is going to be the best thing ever that's their own fault. I just don't get why CSM is exclusive here like seriously we had a thread here and on r/anime saying the same stuff. What's so big about CSM you can't say about every other big mainstream show? Why all the overreaction?
BilboBaggins365Jun 28, 2021 11:27 PM
Jun 28, 2021 11:24 PM

Jul 2020
deg said:
Scordolo said:

Not a big brain but certainly different that your usual battle shounen.
Main character doesn't have a certain goal in CSM but in other battle shounen they have a goal it is not about Denji becoming the "StRoNgEsT dEvIL iN tHe WoRlD" but him achieving a peaceful normal life.
No power of friendship in CSM.Denji's team even considered to feed him to the demon in their first mission unlike other battle shounen where the mc's friends will protect him to the end.
And it is not just about sex.The fanservice is really important to Denji's life and character development.
And I won't say it's big brain but it is unique compared to the usual battle shounen we are getting today that's what the hype is all about.
I suggest you to re read and "understand" the series and then compare it to other battle shounen and you'll see what I meant.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 28, 2021 11:25 PM

Jan 2009
BilboBaggins365 said:
deg said:
@BilboBaggins365

The fact it's old and you have some dumb smug fans who enjoy it that is it. Main reason I think more people should get into it because honestly if GOT can be mainstream so can LOTGH it's not that complicated.

Secondly again where is the assumption that CSM is a big brain show is coming from. If I was an anime only I would be like oh cool a really edgy violent, sexual battle shonen looks fun. I know that because I read CSM literally after seeing the Quanxi cover art. I didn't expect some big brain title I don't most others do too. Sure you have people who say this isn't like other battle shonen etc but again that's typical hype for any big series.

People in general going into any content or media shouldn't have over inflated expectations that's a good general rule. That doesn't mean you can't get excited if people let it get to the point this is going to be the best thing ever that's their own fault. I just don't get why CSM is exclusive here like seriously we had a thread here and on r/anime saying the same stuff. What's so big about CSM you can't say about every other big mainstream show?

dude if you are around the forums like i am you will see a lot of criticism on battle shonens as they are not big brain aka they are mid to them

Scordolo said:
deg said:

Not a big brain but certainly different that your usual battle shounen.
Main character doesn't have a certain goal in CSM but in other battle shounen they have a goal it is not about Denji becoming the "StRoNgEsT dEvIL iN tHe WoRlD" but him achieving a peaceful normal life.
No power of friendship in CSM.Denji's team even considered to feed him to the demon in their first mission unlike other battle shounen where the mc's friends will protect him to the end.
And it is not just about sex.The fanservice is really important to Denji's life and character development.
And I won't say it's big brain but it is unique compared to the usual battle shounen we are getting today that's what the hype is all about.
I suggest you to re read and "understand" the series and then compare it to other battle shounen.

>not big brain

thats the point of this thread read the title carefully again
Jun 28, 2021 11:25 PM

Jul 2017
I think most people that see "Chainsaw Man" won't expect the deepest thing lol

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» There is possibility of Chainsaw Man anime getting cancelled. ( 1 2 3 )

Okeanix - Jan 31, 2023

127 by EastIndiaCompany »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 15, 2022

587 by Annagiulia »»
Today, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

975 by shamsamazar »»
Today, 1:29 AM

» Why wasn't it 24 episodes? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Apr 9

50 by Shinpei106 »»
Yesterday, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

857 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 6, 7:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.