Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2021 7:32 PM
Apr 2013
Odokawa remembered something at the hospital and wanted to tell the police about it. Something about the girl he had driven in his taxi. So I guess he just helped the police and set up a trap to catch the black cat in the last scene.
Jun 28, 2021 7:40 PM

Sep 2020
Maybe the best final episode of all anime I've ever seen, I just wonder if that girl have killed him

Jun 28, 2021 7:46 PM

Mar 2021
I was shocked when I was right about the mastermind a.k.a the one who murder

the mystery kiss member, although I also guess the suspect was also Yamamoto

before but I had some doubts, and the cliffhanger man, yeah don't think it would

get a season 2 but who knows.

Also, It looks like Kuroda is basically the alternative of Kiryu-chan (who also

voiced by the same VA), they both operate some kind of orphanage, they both

taking care of orphan child and they both wanted/ or retiring from their Yakuza's

life. Sadly this is the last episode and it would be long before some masterpiece

like this would pop up in the future.

Jun 28, 2021 8:03 PM

Jul 2012
JizzyHitler said:
Great show and great final episode though gotta say the last bit was maybe a bit too dark for me.

Luxeraph said:

Heck the whole reveal looks like an OVA tease, I mean why else show who the killer is and that she's after the protagonist in the last scene?

I don't think this was meant to tease anything, It seems far more likely they are just implying Odakawa dies without directly showing it, but also leaving enough ambiguity for the viewer to be able picture something else happens.

Nah, he will be fine, Shirakawa will just appears in the very next minutes to capoeira ex machina his way out of death once again just in time. Happened twice, and it shall happen thrice. Sakura gets jailed, happy ending (mommy's revenge sequel teaser would be cool though).

Jun 28, 2021 8:08 PM
#borntoboil

Jan 2021
truly an underrated series. congrats odd taxi, you were the first series of 2021 to get a 10 for me. you deserve it man
is it really worf to put things in here like nobody reads these

discord ~ ganjimex

Jun 28, 2021 8:28 PM
Oct 2019
SHE CAN'T GET AWAY WITH THIS DAMMIT!

SHE CAN'T!

FUCK!

Still a good final episode and an amazing series all around, but fuck if that didn't piss me off.
Jun 28, 2021 8:41 PM
Feb 2018
So everyone spotted the human twist, very feel the cat twist and even less the idol twist.

I just want to say: F Odokawa
Jun 28, 2021 9:08 PM

Dec 2020
THEY DID NOTTT END IT ON SUCH A CLIFFHANGER. i just kept gasping and gasping from shock this episode, from odakawa's police chase, shirakawa saving him diving into the bottom of the river in HEELS, odakawa's condition, everyone's human form, yuki killing the girl holy shit what an episode. im so gonna miss this show, just gonna pretend that cliffhanger didnt happen nope nope
Jun 28, 2021 9:33 PM
Jul 2018
Absolutely fantastic ending. I was thinking everyone's looking becomes human. No, it's from the beginning haha! :D
This is one of best original anime I've ever seen. I really appreciate all people who made this beautiful gem.
Jun 28, 2021 9:40 PM

Mar 2012
Never realized how many things were dropped into the water and how it connects them all in a strange way. They should've ended that montage with Wadagaki's fried chicken for comedic contrast (Also to indicate she's odd one out. Or did they...?).

I figured it would end with either Odokawa in a coma and his friends waiting for him to wake up or we'd get the classic status quo ending with everyone starting afresh and Odokawa living his life as a plain old taxi driver. He would then greet his customer (presumably the audience) with a, "Where to?"

*title card*

BUT NOT LIKE THIS!
It just doesn't feel right with everyone happily moving forward or reaping what they sowed but the murderer gets away scot free and is still going to kill more.
Does this girl plan to murder Shiho too? And how far does she think she can go with her crap dancing?
Nor did I expect them to show her murdering Mitsuya in cold blood. And how did she know Mitsuya would be there?
I thought her being disturbingly affected by her mother's words "You gotta do whatever it takes to make your dreams come true." was implication enough.
We also never got to see what her and Tanaka's relationship was as he had her plant the GPS phone in Odokawa's taxi.

Though I have to admit it kinda lost its charm, seeing everyone as humans. Maybe because it was more fun to imagine what they might look like as regular people and it's a little hard to explain, but somehow their personalities shine more as animals and it matches the mood of the show better.
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Jun 28, 2021 9:43 PM
Dec 2018
F*ck Vivy for Anime of the season ODD taki is the real AoTS. At first, I wasn't sure about watching this (same with Pretty boy detective club) but when I watched the first episode, I got hooked rights away.
They giving subtle hints from the beginning and of course, I wouldn't notice such small details. Every episode is intriguing. The dialogues are well written and I love all the eccentric characters especially Yano with his rhymes. Sadly, the anime is underrated way better than others shows this season.
9/10 they even leave with a cliffhanger surely she will kill Odokawa but who knows?
Jun 28, 2021 9:47 PM

Mar 2007
RIP in pepperonis, Odokawa. I'd like to know if cat doesn't actually kill him in that last scene but if they leave it open like that then he's dead. To die shortly after being cured. What a shame. Vivi got my AOTS but who says you can't have more than one AOTS per season.
Jun 28, 2021 10:02 PM

Jan 2011
i doubt there will be another big surprise like Oddtaxi this year that this the true meaning of a dark horse ,but holy crap was this great from start to finish people were a lot better at spotting things with their theories i knew something was up when i saw the black cat ages ago but it was so easy to write it off as oh " their the "humans" of this world and there just happens to be animal animals but this episode had me so pumped if they would actual do a wild twist and it turned out to be real due to his illness funniest part that was one of many twists.

i'm torn and glad they let the the real threat in a classic horror ending get away that girl is crazy but im sad because i don't know if we'll get a 2nd season

yall gotta listen to the drama audio

8.5/10 for this one so good~
Jun 28, 2021 10:07 PM
Aug 2018
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That was my reaction to the last 15 seconds of this goddamn anime, lol

I loved it. But man... way to ruin a happy ending... And yet it's completely perfect. Can't believe this anime Season gave me 4 favorites already, counting this one.
Jun 28, 2021 10:19 PM

Jan 2021
Probably the only anime where i was hyped every week for new episode. And now am sad it ended ;_;

10/10, loved this shit.
Jun 28, 2021 10:25 PM

Feb 2010
WTF is this horror ending lmao, it's such a shame if Odokawa died after being healed like that and yikes... that fake Mitsuya is the real killer and gonna kill more, props for the thread theory guy in here that guessed everything correctly (cat in the OP was hidden is his house, there's another Mitsuya, etc)

it's good series overall, AOTS for me 9/10 but seriously need to know Odokawa's fate after that, don't leave us in cliffhanger man....

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jun 28, 2021 10:39 PM
Jul 2018
omg what a finale! so dark and emotional.. So a lot of theories were proven right, like i guessed in ep 11 it was indeed the fake Yuki as culprit, Odakawa getting more n more attached to animals bc he was left alone at zoo by his Dad a lot, that car accident looks like his Mum intended a mass suicide? god that shook me..no wonder poor Odakawa turned out like this, and lol their real faces matched their cartoon persona perfectly. man It definitely needs a rewatch to take it all in but hands down the best show of this season it baffles me it didn't get the popularity it deserves.
I'm gonna miss it sm
Jun 28, 2021 10:49 PM

Oct 2016
That was an amazing fucking ending. That scene where Odokawa's taxi jumped off the highway while all the characters was there to witness it was so good, definitely my favorite scene in the whole show. When I first saw this show, this is not what I expected it to be, but it was sure as hell a welcomed surprise.

The whole show was a puzzle being completed piece by piece, that's why things became more clearer and clearer as we went on. One thing that I didn't really wasn't able to see was Odokawa having a broken family, I thought his parents really just died from a freak accident, but it was family suicide by her mother. Damn, plus Odokawa was getting bullied, man's life was very tragic. At least he has a guardian angel now in Shirakawa. She's fucking waifu, her real human self is very beautiful.

I love how their real human designs is still close to their animal designs, my man Goriki legit really looks like a gorilla still lmao. Yano looks like a fucking child, how is the man 28. Kuroda is a good man, Kiryu-chan would be proud.

Just when I thought Sakura looked cute, she was revealed to be the murderer. It makes sense, with Nikaido's backstory we can deducec that she's not the killer, the only likely suspect that would benefit from Mitsuya's death was Sakura. Jesus Christ she's terrifying. That ending feels very open ended though, it's possible Odokawa told the police about her and she was set up or you know Odokawa dies. It was the perfect ending for this mystery filled show. 9.5/10 ~ 9/10
Jun 28, 2021 11:35 PM

Apr 2019
An amazing finale for this amazing anime. The scene where Odokawa's taxi was flying was just beautiful. I really felt bad for him after learning the things that he went through in his childhood. It's also cool that the human forms of the characters were shown to us like I didn't expect Kakihana to look like that at all, and Shirakawa in her human form is just waifu material.

I would have loved it if the anime just ended with Odokawa going back to his normal life after recovering from everything that happened, since he deserved it, but the way it just went with the killer getting in his car and just cutting it off right there made this anime an instant classic to me. As for what could have happened after that, it seems to me that some time has already passed when we arrived at the last scene so there's a chance that the police were already informed of the identity of the killer so that ending might just be a set up to catch her, but the way it ended is still great. This anime is definitely my favorite this season.
Jun 28, 2021 11:46 PM

Jul 2015
Can we get F in the chat for all the furries that enjoyed the show up until the final episode?

Shirakawa as a human is totally waifu material.

Jun 29, 2021 12:06 AM

Mar 2012
What a master-crafted gem of an anime. To think I almost didn't pick this up.
Jun 29, 2021 12:10 AM

Apr 2014
I think the ending could've done with being more subtle and less "ok here's an infodump of all the answers". Anime rarely does subtlety well, which made Odd Taxi really stand out in that regard, so its a shame they just threw subtlety out the window for this last episode.
Jun 29, 2021 12:20 AM

Jan 2017
It's cool to see the theories people had regarding Odokawa came to pass in this episode. What a phenomenal show! 9/10
Jun 29, 2021 12:49 AM

Mar 2017
I hope there is an OVA or a sequel
Jun 29, 2021 1:06 AM

Nov 2012
AOTS easy! Whao, it's been a logn time since I had this feelings watching a show. The end man, no way, it was crazy! Hope the manga or even an ova or something gives a clear end to the killer situation, but if it doesnt I wont complain.

My Candies:

Jun 29, 2021 1:57 AM

Jun 2012
Now that's how you do an ending
Jun 29, 2021 4:02 AM

Jul 2020
This last episode was so fucking great. The plot twist about living in Odokawa's perspective, I didn't expect that.

But *plot twist* there's some downsides in this episode, the scene where the taxi fly from the bridge... bro that's not how physics work lmao. That one where the girl got so fast in the freaking underwater. Like how? hahaha.

Overall I think this anime was great. Giving it a solid 8/10
Jun 29, 2021 4:08 AM

Jul 2014
How did Odokawa know that Sakura is the killer? Did he saw her the day of the murder of what?
Jun 29, 2021 5:26 AM

Sep 2018
What a powerful finale. This show almost went under my radar, I'm so glad I picked it up though! A great mystery with a misty atmosphere, quality writing and well fleshed out characters, more originals like this please.
Jun 29, 2021 5:40 AM

Feb 2021
They actually managed to stick the landing. AOTS, maybe even AOTY
Jun 29, 2021 6:12 AM

Nov 2019
People who worked on this anime are genius. Everything was unexpected. Thanks for them.
Jun 29, 2021 6:40 AM

Jun 2019
Anime of the season, easily. And anime of the year, so far.
Jun 29, 2021 6:50 AM

May 2020
EsraaKudo said:
How did Odokawa know that Sakura is the killer? Did he saw her the day of the murder of what?

He gave her a drive to the studio shortly before Mitsuya was reported as missing.
Jun 29, 2021 6:50 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
This final is truly special. First time watching the mystery that engaging me so much like this, treating its plot greatly until the end. The execution through all the episodes just magnificent, very enjoyable until the last second. Well, congratulations for whoever that correctly answer every pieces of mysteries they spread around these show. About Odokawa illness, the end scenes where everyone got their human identities back again. The cat inside Odokawa's house. The idol case, and those twisted ponytail girl. Shit gone pretty fast when Odokawa finally got his backstory, and i like this more than i thought before. Definitely an exact definition of masterpiece. Great choice for closing the show with a classic open end cliffhanger. Odokawa in danger, but mostly i believe he will out of those shit situation safely. Because, y'know, there's always be Shirakawa around him, right? It can also be interpret that Odokawa already knew exactly whats up on those girl mind, so ... yeah, its an open end! Then, oh, one thing for sure, this season really got some heavy bad treatment with the parents themes and issues. Odokawa, and those psycho girl proved how parents can be a real deal. Then for some other shows that exactly mention the same issue like that, and i can't write about it straightly. Cause, well, this is an Odd Taxi discussion thread after all.

So, yeah, easy 10/10!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 29, 2021 6:56 AM
May 2021
EsraaKudo said:

Remember during the hospital scene? Odokawa almost slipped out about the girl he gave a ride on the night of October 4th to the others visiting him that time. Then he brushed it away saying he better report it to the police instead.

This is where we can deduce that, the night when we thought Yuki took a ride in his cab... Was NOT her. It was Sakura. Yuki probably took another cab and Sakura ended up taking his. The whole fiasco of wanting the dashcam data from Odokawa (especially the Mystery Kiss' manager), is that they wanted to get rid of the evidence of Sakura taking the cab that same night when Yuki died.

It's as if the manager had suspected an inside job and doesn't wanna waste any more time for the group's debut. Hence they just decided to dispose of Yuki's body and probably wanted to deal with the culprit later.

Or...

That, by keeping quiet from having the culprit being known to the public is the best choice to avoid Mystery Kiss' group getting bashed. It's possible that the manager has a hunch of Sakura being the culprit and a single wild guess could bring his idol group down. Turns out, Sakura IS the murderer afterall.

Also, I hoped Odokawa is safe after that ending! ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ™
Jun 29, 2021 6:56 AM

Jul 2014
quantum2000 said:

He gave her a drive to the studio shortly before Mitsuya was reported as missing.

So the girl he drove was Sakura not Mitsuya?
Jun 29, 2021 7:02 AM

Jul 2014
Sue_iela said:

Remember during the hospital scene? Odokawa almost slipped out about the girl he gave a ride on the night of October 4th to the others visiting him that time. Then he brushed it away saying he better report it to the police instead.

This is where we can deduce that, the night when we thought Yuki took a ride in his cab... Was NOT her. It was Sakura. Yuki probably took another cab and Sakura ended up taking his. The whole fiasco of wanting the dashcam data from Odokawa (especially the Mystery Kiss' manager), is that they wanted to get rid of the evidence of Sakura taking the cab that same night when Yuki died.

It's as if the manager had suspected an inside job and doesn't wanna waste any more time for the group's debut. Hence they just decided to dispose of Yuki's body and probably wanted to deal with the culprit later.

Or...

That, by keeping quiet from having the culprit being known to the public is the best choice to avoid Mystery Kiss' group getting bashed. It's possible that the manager has a hunch of Sakura being the culprit and a single wild guess could bring his idol group down. Turns out, Sakura IS the murderer afterall.

Narohodo. Thanks for explaining.
So Odokawa told the police about Sakura but he doesn't know how she looks as a human. I hope the police catch her before she hurt Odokawa ๐Ÿ™
Jun 29, 2021 7:07 AM

May 2021
Sue_iela said:
EsraaKudo said:

Or...

I thought that they wanted the cam footage because otherwise the police could link Yuki's disappearance with their studio which would end up with the police tracing them. Why would they know that Sakura was there? They could have a hunch, in that case they could have snitched her when they got caught by the police then

Jun 29, 2021 7:18 AM
May 2021
EsraaKudo said:
Sue_iela said:

Or...

Narohodo. Thanks for explaining.
So Odokawa told the police about Sakura but he doesn't know how she looks as a human. I hope the police catch her before she hurt Odokawa ๐Ÿ™

He knew how Sakura looks like and thanks to her hitching the ride with the manager the other night before (forgotten which episode but it's the one where she ate fried chicken that she asked her manager to buy for her).

On Yuki's case, we were made to believe half way through the series that he gave Yuki a ride that night on 4th October. Until her body was found, and her REAL formal photo had been disclosed during the breaking news. Odokawa's watching the news as well while having dinner at home. From there, Odokawa has seen BOTH Sakura and Yuki's animal counterpart faces.

Take note he could never mistaken how a person looks like as long as he can get a good, direct look over the person's features. In this matter, the individual's face. There's also in another episode where he's driving and murmuring about "not that kitten or a cat...". Heavily forshadowing the twist revealed at the end about the person that took a ride on Odokawa's cab on 4th October's night.

We're just being misdirected regarding the passenger, which are Sakura and Yuki! They both were depicted as black kittens, and during the flashback scene where Sakura choked her to death... We can caught a glimpse of human Yuki struggling against her demise. She has long, silky black hair! ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Jun 29, 2021 7:26 AM

Jul 2014
Gween_Gween said:

I thought that they wanted the cam footage because otherwise the police could link Yuki's disappearance with their studio which would end up with the police tracing them. Why would they know that Sakura was there? They could have a hunch, in that case they could have snitched her when they got caught by the police then

This is my guess too ๐Ÿ‘
Jun 29, 2021 7:29 AM
May 2021
Gween_Gween said:
Sue_iela said:

Or...

That could be one of the reason too since they pretty much dismembered Yuki's body to pieces and then dumped it into the sea, hiding the fact that she has been killed in the agency's building. Like I've said before, the group idol is nearing debut and the manager (who seems pretty chill despite a member just died in cold blood), only thought of getting rid of the body first.

Murder in their agency's building and their group member on top of all that, it's definitely gonna ruin the already bad rep of the group idol. The manager, afterall, is really dedicated in reviving his unpopular idol group. He looks desperate as well, to the point of attempting murder towards Odokawa. If he actually get his hand on the dashcam, he might've discovered the culprit earlier yet it still won't change anything I suppose...

Since he is very fixated in making the group famous, by hook or by crook.
Jun 29, 2021 7:38 AM
Dec 2017
In the ep.10 Shirakawa was told by Goriki to watch Odokawa while he's goneon the "mission", and in this episode they literally were following Odokawa's taxi, and everyone saw that car crashing.
So in both cases her actions are not really out of nowhere, but anime could've shown/hinted her involvement a bit more. Except Goriki and Shirokawa, no one else in the cast knew Odokawa that close, so it's natural that this two characters saved our beloved walrus's life.
Jun 29, 2021 7:45 AM
Dec 2019
Dobu animal form looks fvckin badass and original human looks pretty weird lol.
Jun 29, 2021 9:21 AM

Oct 2018
When the free fall scene hit I actually started bursting into laughter. I didn't feel like it was supposed to be funny, but the circumstance was so over the top, and the timing of moments was so perfect, and it kept one-upping itself... I couldn't help but laugh in disbelief
Jun 29, 2021 9:28 AM

Dec 2016
HATS OFF TO THAT ONE USER WHO PREDICTED THAT ODOKAWA MIGHT BE SEEING HUMANS AS ANIMALS!!

I can actually relate to Odokawa cuz I too can't look in the eye when I'm talking to humans, I don't know why but I always wondered what kind of expression I have on my face when I'm talking to them. One thing that I feel is I automatically have this frowny face no matter what kind of conversation I'm having with the person, and whoever I was talking to gave me looks too which confirmed that I'm definitely giving them rude looks. But I'm slowly getting over it, I make sure my eyebrows are upwards and not frowning when I'm looking in their eye while talking.

I was surprised to see their human design but Goriki and Dobu still look the same to me XD They look like Hanuman like in the Hindu mythology.

I knew it that the lookalike black cat killed the real Mitsuya. Like I said in the previous episode discussion, what Yamamoto, Yano, Sekiguchi and Nikaido did just saved the real murderer. If they called the police right after then this shit could've been caught with some investigation. Now even if Yamamoto says that Mitsuya was already dead no one will believe them because of their more heinous crime. Now this shit will walk around killing whoever she thinks is an obstacle just to be a famous idol, disgusting...

Why did they have to end it like that, so does that mean that lookalike kills Odokawa??

Anyway it was actually a really fun ride but I'm kinda confused, I would've given it a 9 but because of that cliffhanger-like ending I want to give it 8.5 (just when will MAL add decimal...)

So, Overall 8/10
Jun 29, 2021 9:33 AM

Nov 2019
Guys, I think we found the new masterpiece for mystery anime, 10/10 for me.
Jun 29, 2021 9:35 AM

Nov 2007
peaswar said:
what a chilling and amazing finale

the murderer straight up telling her mom she killed the original idol, not to mention the fact that she killed the bar owner lady in the audio drama, and then we end with the implication that odokawa will be murdered…

SHE DID WHAT?????
the hell, this is depression over 9000.
I hope we get those audio dramas translated one day.

And to address some other messages here - I think he knows how killer looks like. He knows it's dead girl lookalike and member of idol group and he had their posters, they must have been in TV and in news after incident with murder etc. I believe he went to police after he got little better in hospital so they would also know idol replacement girl is possibly killer.
Jun 29, 2021 9:50 AM

Aug 2020
Hella great ending and unxoedted revelatios about Odokawa

Jun 29, 2021 10:13 AM
Apr 2020
KANLen09 said:

Even the Lucky Ballpoint Pen comes back as a link to everything with the audio and voice drama!

I don't remember the pen, please refresh my memory.
Jun 29, 2021 10:25 AM
Apr 2020
DarkDooM2 said:
the Radio Drama ends with Sakura knocking out Taeko and threatening the listeners they're next.

I don't understand this part. Can you please elaborate?
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Apr 5, 2021

194 by casciom »»
Mar 24, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 3, 2021

89 by Twicky_ »»
Mar 24, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Apr 26, 2021

170 by Twicky_ »»
Mar 24, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2021

93 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 23, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 31, 2021

85 by Kvistis »»
Jan 31, 3:26 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.