Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2021 3:14 PM

Jul 2012
Man, when they saved Gugu from the fall I was so relieved... And then when Fushi turned into him while fighting I was just shocked.

Why?? The bestest boy is gone :'(
RIP Gugu (My favorite character of the show so far)
Jun 28, 2021 3:18 PM

Sep 2011
This series makes me feel like shit

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 28, 2021 3:18 PM
Aug 2015
Atavistic said:
That being said, it does feel rather cruel of Fushi to lie to Rean and claim that he died and Gugu lived: why give her hope like that? It's far crueller than just telling her the truth. Also, did Fushi actually meet Gugu's brother before his arrival at the rubble to know who he was and to understand the implications of his appearance?

I guess the point was that it's easier to cope with someone you love leaving on an adventure and never coming back than it is to accept that they died protecting you. But yeah, Rean would've found out eventually from the other villagers if she hadn't already figured it out herself. I'm sure Fushi didn't do it on purpose though. He panicked and just turned into him. He's still pretty young and probably didn't realize how cruel it was.
Jun 28, 2021 3:21 PM
Mar 2020
This show is amazing,
but shit do I hate watching it T~T
Jun 28, 2021 3:25 PM

Oct 2013
Rynn knowing the truth and playing along... That hurt a lot...
Jun 28, 2021 3:32 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
The ending is a bit weird to me, lying to Rean about who lived and died like that just seems like it should bring her even more pain. Luckily I guess she figured it out anyway but still

Rip Gugu though. But you can definitely pick up a pattern here with how a new character gets added a bit before the last one dies as far as Fushi's companions go, and then on with the other one to the next arc
Jun 28, 2021 3:36 PM
Feb 2021
Once Gugu was holding up the debris to protect Rean, the tears started flowing and just did not stop for the rest of the episode. Amazing episode.
Jun 28, 2021 3:50 PM

Aug 2019
thought Gugu was going to get cucked by Fushi pretending to be him, imagine Gugu’s ghost just seeing Fushi pounding her shit; on that note does Fushi have reproductive organs?
snowykevinJun 28, 2021 3:54 PM
Jun 28, 2021 3:55 PM

Jun 2014
We all saw it coming but it still hurt. RIP Gugu, and poor Rean :(
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 28, 2021 4:01 PM

Apr 2012
By the end of the series, Fushi is going to have a crowd of ghost following him around. And they'll be having conversations like this :

March - "Hey there. Looks like you're dead too. How did you die?"
Boy - "I had an infection and I got sick real bad."
March - "That's terrible."
Boy - "I also starved to death and I probably had a bad case of hyperthermia on top of that."
March - "At least the suffering is over... how about you guy with the huge mask."
Gugu - "Got crushed under some rocks but I got a kiss from a beautiful girl before I died."
March - "That's sad and wonderful. I on the other hand got an arrow to the back which pierced my lung and came out the other side."
Gugu & Boy - GASP
March - "Yup, that so fucking messed up."
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jun 28, 2021 4:02 PM

Nov 2020
Damn this was pretty fucking sad episode, R.I.P. Gugu D:
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Jun 28, 2021 4:07 PM

Nov 2012
So Gugu died huh. Never really care about him so his death meant nothing to me, to be completely frank.

So the trend of anyone that grows close to Fushi dying continues. I mean, it's an inevitable result anyways considering their limited lifespan in comparison to Fushi's immortality.

I just wished I cared more about these supporting characters, which I don't. It makes for some very ineffective death scenes that are suppose to provoke an emotional response but fail to do so.
VanishingKiraJun 28, 2021 4:33 PM
Jun 28, 2021 4:30 PM
Apr 2020
This anime has the highest fav character bodycount ever, i swear the poor boy fushy can't get a break, all his best friends die, fushy needs a hug fr
Jun 28, 2021 4:31 PM
Apr 2020

Eu após esse ep...
Jun 28, 2021 4:35 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This particular story kind of dragged for me in a lot of places. But that's okay because it has pretty much paid off completely. When it hits, it hits hard, and this episode is no exception. If I wasn't invested in the characters of this particular arc then I would've have really felt anything by the end of this episode. But I did indeed get some feels, so I gotta admit that somehow I got subconsciously invested in these characters of an arc that I wasn't exactly a huge fan of. But dang this was pretty good. I'm really curious in how events regarding fushi will continue to unfold.

Next week, one piece???

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 28, 2021 4:42 PM

Jul 2014
Fucking show that makes me cry every fucking time!

The show is so good at making the deaths painful. First we have Fushi feeling Gugu's pain as he himself starts to despair, then we have the scene between Gugu and Rean to then see Fushi finally transform into Gugu confirming his death even though he goes into denial. And that's not even all, then we have the aftermath with Gugu's brother carrying his body home and ending with Gugu's spirit realizing the truth.It's true that at some point they will have to drop this formula but for now I appreciate that they give them meaning and make us feel something for the characters that die unlike other series where they don't give you the time to feel something for the characters they kill.

For a moment I thought both Gugu and Rean would die so I was happy that at least Rean made it. That said, while it's great that she lived, it's painful for her to live in a world without Gugu.

I'm not a fan of how they wanted to make her believe that he was still alive while Fushi was the one who had died so I was glad when we saw in the end that she realized it. I think it's better to accept the pain and move on than to live in a lie waiting for him forever.
Jun 28, 2021 4:49 PM
Jul 2018
what a sad episode the death of gugu really happened. i hoped he would survive the enemy attack was very tense the fight.
Jun 28, 2021 4:49 PM

Dec 2014
Rest in peace Gugu! You will be missed dearly.

The part where Fushi transforms into Gugu and begins denying his death was heart wrenching.
The scene with Rean and Gugu under the rubble was so sad but damn what really got me were the scene after with Gugu as a spirit watching his dream of happiness. That group hug. T.T

I thought it was a bad idea for Rean to think Fushi died and that Gugu was still alive but I'm glad that by the end she realized what really happened. Still so heartbreaking to watch.

Probably the most heart wrenching episode till date. :(
Jun 28, 2021 4:57 PM
Aug 2020
The tears flowed by themselves. It's very hard to lose Gugu, such a good character. The moment that cracked me up was when his ghost talks to Fushi on the balcony and is shyly spied by March's ghost. Those who mattered to the immortal are still there, in him, in his heart. Seeing Gugu react soberly to his death is so obvious considering the person he was. This hug with his family is really one of the most beautiful scenes I have seen in an anime. The love, the love of those we love. Thank you Gugu, your kindness and resilience made me want to work on myself even more.
Now it's time for Fushi to leave the land of Sake-jiji and Rynn to pursue the Nokker. Very happy, as a non-manga reader, to learn that Pyoran has followed him. I like this woman very much. I will miss the old man and Rynn too, she who knew how to accept others for what they were. What a wonderful lesson of humanity this anime is!
Jun 28, 2021 4:58 PM

Sep 2017
Fuuuuuuuuck. That was a sad episode. Of course I'm sad Gugu is gone and feel bad for Rean but I feel really bad for Fushi. How is that poor guy suppose to live his life knowing everyone he gets close to is put in danger?
Jun 28, 2021 5:02 PM

Mar 2021
Pain... just pain
Jun 28, 2021 5:02 PM

Jun 2019
Goddamn conclusion Monday is hitting me with too many bangers. Between Odd Taxi, Fruits Basket, and now this episode I am getting no breaks from what might go down as 3 classics. At least I still have the trash in Hige wo Soru to bring me back down to Earth.

The fight between the Knocker this time around was great. And even though we knew Gugu was probably going to die, they did it in probably the best way possible. Now how Rean survived in that situation idk.
Jun 28, 2021 5:04 PM

Sep 2007
Wow man...what a way to go, and I was surprised Rean made it....so he died while prying up the rubble? Gugu MVP.....and RIP.

Some people (earlier in the thread) were wondering why the Knokker just suddenly disintegrated. I was under the impression that:
Because it was made up of rocks/dirt/mud the moment it got wet it wouldn't be able to "maintain a form" because it'd just break apart with water so......if the fight stretched out any longer Fushi could stay in the water or figure out water would be effective against it and it'd lose...so it chose to do a tactical retreat *shrug*

Looks like next week will be a "recap" episode. Gives me a week to recover from my feels
IkanoJun 28, 2021 5:24 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jun 28, 2021 5:20 PM
Jun 2021
I remember thinking after the first episode how this show won't allow much in the way of feel good moments – it'll give a taste of something hopeful, then turn that hope to dust.

By the time E5 rolled around, I completely forgot about that, so its major twist caught me unawares. I was rooting for them until there wasn't anything to root for, but because I didn't grow quite as attached, it didn't have that much of an effect.

And with today's episode, that familiar pattern emerged yet again. And with each new instance of this, it's almost as if it's less the characters' hope that gets crushed than it's my own; because while March's final moments were sad, Gugu's were heartbreaking. E12 really upped the ante to the max and the more I think about what happened, the more I feel that hopelessness sink in.

The one who fought all his life to find an ounce of happiness dies, while the rest lives on – it's this feeling of bitter, cruel unfairness of fate that made today's development so impactful.

Rest easy, Gugu. You really were amazing. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes you'd get your happy ending with Rean.
LevottomuusSep 27, 2021 5:41 PM
Jun 28, 2021 5:26 PM
Jun 2021
Why dis so sad but so good @ the same time. :'(
Jun 28, 2021 5:28 PM

Dec 2015
I can't do it anymore, my kokoro can't stand it. ;-;
Jun 28, 2021 5:39 PM
Apr 2019
Really thought Gugu was gonna die due to complications with his booze belly (mentioned by gramps previously).

At least mah boy got his kiss
Jun 28, 2021 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
Like...we knew it was going to happen...but Fuck man...I am super upset. God dammit. Great but sad episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 28, 2021 6:03 PM
Jul 2018
Try not to get attached to anyone challenge in motion as usual.

Farewell young legend Gugu. Gone too soon.
Jun 28, 2021 6:26 PM

Jul 2020
lesson for this ep: bros before hoes
Jun 28, 2021 6:41 PM
Mar 2018
Criticiza said:

Why did the knocker just disappear? It was as though it was allergic to water or something lol.

The inner tentacled core was fleshy and easy to destroy. We saw it take dmg via fire and fushis knife. So when it lost its rock armor it got the hell out of there.

Unless you were asking what happened to the armor? If that's the case fushi heated it to a super high temp by blasting it with flames repeatedly. Then when it jumped into the water it cooled super quickly. The rapid expansion from the heat followed by the rapid shrinking from the quick cool down caused the rock armor to become brittle and shatter
ZENI7HJun 28, 2021 6:45 PM
Jun 28, 2021 6:41 PM
Jul 2019
This was so sad even though it was pretty predictable because the opening kinda spoiled it unfortunately. Still heartbreaking moment. This show really knows how to deliver emotional scenes.
Jun 28, 2021 6:45 PM
Oct 2008
I hardly ever cry over movies/tv/etc but I shamelessly bawled like a baby here. It was super obvious from the beginning that Gugu was going to die, but didn't change how much it HURT.
5/5 episode.
Jun 28, 2021 7:03 PM

May 2020
I knew it... but why? why?? It didn't make me cry but it sure as hell was close. This was heartbreaking, I thought both of them were gonna die, and honestly I would have actually preferred if they both died... I'm not a sadist, it's just so that Gugu and Rean would live together inside Fushi, cause it seems he can interact with them and presumably the souls can interact with each other but idk man... regardless, masterful episode. 5/5.
Jun 28, 2021 7:06 PM

Jan 2021
Even though Gugu's death was sad, what really got me was how it affected everyone and how they reacted after his death. Rean's reaction was probably the one that had me tear up the most though.

Jun 28, 2021 7:18 PM

Nov 2019
It's been long I've cried over an anime episode
Jun 28, 2021 7:43 PM
Oct 2014
Zarathul said:
Drop. I'm too tired from this artifical manipulative drama. Repeat this scenario 3 times in 12 episodes a bad taste. Enemies just so boring too.

This. Exactly my thoughts. I was so excited when I first started watching this anime, but unfortunately I am dropping it here, feeling completely disappointed.

I cannot understand what's the point of all of this. Forcing drama and character bonding, then romance just to have them killed JUST CAUSE Fushi will become stronger and transform in another being. TO FIGHT a stupid and boring enemy.

I hate when authors use that tactic, extremely poor built, forced and immature.
Jun 28, 2021 7:45 PM

Aug 2018
Wow this episode f***ed me up hard.
Jun 28, 2021 8:01 PM
Aug 2020
Why didn't I feel any sadness in episode 12, even though this was supposedly the best arc in the show (as I've heard)
Jun 28, 2021 8:04 PM

Aug 2016
I'm emotionally drained after this episode. I honestly thought March's death was peak sadness in this anime. Holy shit. This anime just keeps getting better and better, and this arc was honestly amazing. I just couldn't handle myself and I cried while watching this. Great anime.
Jun 28, 2021 8:07 PM

Oct 2008
Me at the end of this ep: Why is water pouring out of my eyes?? What is this??

This series is something... I can't even find the words to say!! Easily the best of the season, by a vast far!!
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Jun 28, 2021 8:11 PM
Dec 2013
So every character we get to like is gonna die? That's cheesy, weak sauce.
Jun 28, 2021 8:22 PM
May 2011
Why is there so many haters T AT)!! I understand that it is repetitive, but its soo emotional and sad T_T) I swear I cried literally 90% of this episode. I haven't cried so hard in such a long time especially in an anime. Holy moly, this going to be on my favorite list
Jun 28, 2021 8:36 PM

Jul 2016
I am not clear if she realized that it was not Gugu.

Sad cap...but nice
Jun 28, 2021 8:48 PM
Aug 2018
Don't know if anyone noticed, but Gugu always thought when he was a kid "Why am I me?", and when Fushi transformed into him to spare Rean the pain, he thought the same. Is as if he not only gets their body but also their way of thinking and insecurities. Or maybe it was just a coincidence. But still a nice touch
Jun 28, 2021 8:54 PM

Nov 2020
Damm this sucks. Gugu was my favourite character and it just hurt when he died.
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
Jun 28, 2021 8:55 PM

Jan 2020
Lynn knows that Fushi can convert into other persons?

Excelent episode, some poorly crafted animation frames but nothing to be alarmed about

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Jun 28, 2021 9:01 PM
Jul 2018
pain. all i know is pain.
Jun 28, 2021 9:18 PM

Jul 2020
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Jun 28, 2021 9:25 PM

Dec 2020
my sleeves are wet oh my god did that really happen ???? he . ???? FUUUCK that was so good tho
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

238 by MasterHavik »»
Apr 13, 2:43 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Apr 6, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Usopp8000 - May 17, 2021

152 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2021

345 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

150 by wallus81 »»
Mar 28, 2:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.