Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2021 1:15 AM

Apr 2011
So when Fushi comes back to visit someday, I wonder if grandpa/grandma be dead and Rean married to Gugu brother? Since, he's the closest to what Gugu is left of the world and pain/love heals over time and they might get closer together. Maybe, even naming a baby boy after Gugu. XD

So why did the Nokker leave when it entered the water? I feel Fushi didn't really do much to it.

I felt maybe Rean should of died with real Gugu to make it romantic between the two? Gugu internal organs being crushed under all the weight of a collapsing building, he is a real chad.
Jun 29, 2021 1:16 AM
Jan 2021
damnit why? gugu was the best character of the season so far so why did he have to die, this is unfair and the feels got to me.
Jun 29, 2021 1:54 AM

Nov 2019
vansonbee said:
So when Fushi comes back to visit someday, I wonder if grandpa/grandma be dead and Rean married to Gugu brother? Since, he's the closest to what Gugu is left of the world and pain/love heals over time and they might get closer together. Maybe, even naming a baby boy after Gugu. XD

Whatㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Jun 29, 2021 2:59 AM
Dec 2020
Damn… Knew it was gonna happen soon but damn was it heartbreaking to see Gugu go.
Jun 29, 2021 4:29 AM

May 2020
Pain. That's all. My man went out like an absolute CHAD. I'm so proud. He didn't let his rotten luck and circumstance defeat him. Also is it just me or did this episode look a touch better? The OSTs were so good as well!
Jun 29, 2021 4:33 AM
Aug 2018
I was a bit annoyed that fushi turned into gugu when she came over to the booze mans place, I was thinking like this is kind of grim, and I guess by the end she realized it wasnt him and she had to accept gugu died. Does Rean(Rynn) know that fushi can transform and stuff like that?
Jun 29, 2021 4:55 AM

Oct 2016
Even though I've already read the manga, it didn't make this episode any less painful. This is such a good adaptation man. Fantastic episode. Gugu was born best boy and he died best boy. I feel really bad for Rean, not only has Gugu left her but also Fushi. Props to the soundtrack as well, it's so good.

Now that Fushi has grown as a human, this is the first time he has actually really experienced a death of a loved one. Fucking pain. Looks like there's a recap next week, so the next episode will be 2 weeks from now, fuck. I am really looking forward to the next episode and the next arc adapted.
Jun 29, 2021 5:08 AM

Jul 2019
Fushi really fucked up at the end there. He shouldn't have lied to Rean, bc now not only is he assassinating Gugu's character by leaving her, he's also having her grieve for a person who hasn't even died. And the fact that he's going along with Rean picking flowers with him and hugging him just makes me think that Gugu would be pissed looking on at this from the afterlife.

Edit: My bad didn't see the after credits scene. Seems she figured out that it wasn't Gugu, prolly the old man or woman telling her.
nein_yardsJun 29, 2021 5:12 AM
What is this Mickey Mouse bullshit I see before my very eyes
Jun 29, 2021 5:16 AM
Nov 2020
NO FUCK WHY GOD DAMN IT NO
Jun 29, 2021 5:37 AM

Jan 2021
Oh come on, you can't just kill every character he meets. Its just a tearjerker type thing. Hope its not repetitive like this anymore.
Apr 2020
oh hi,im crying again on my bed!
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
After watching this episode, i can't believed in myself again ... and this fuckin show....

Well, at least Gugu will now live forever inside Fushi's body, if you know what i mean. They even showed March too there. Shit ... But, man, its still pretty hurt for me. Its hurt so much, until i can't believe Rean also involved to these sadness, forever maiden, damn girl ... Well, thats it then, Fushi's journey, through death and no lifes. Hopefully it will make Fushi learning some important shit, that he need to be stronger, and not just depend too much on some mortal being, like human for a good example. You just, avoid contact with any human, Fushi, please. So, lets see how well Fushi on the next arc. Oh right, recap first. Fine, then, i can wait ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 29, 2021 5:39 AM
Jun 2016
Living but at what cost T-T
Jun 29, 2021 5:45 AM
Jan 2021
(My reaction reading and watching this part) this is absolutely ridiculous. I am hurt…no devastated. Everyone knew it was coming just not when. After losing the nameless boy and March it was only a matter of time. But my oh my it wasn’t supposed to hit this hard. It is one of the few times I have cried watching an anime. If Yoshitoki Ōima could win an Oscar it would be for this🥲 this anime had great potential and it hasn’t disappointed at all. Sometimes I wish Fushi would have listened to the beholder and left because this could have been avoided but was great for the plot. 100/10 for me honestly stop making grown men cry😂
Jun 29, 2021 5:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Ah, fudge, I should've known this was coming...

Rynn even figured it out but played along, just kill me already.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 29, 2021 6:34 AM

May 2018
Oh, god..... Not Gugu..... Damn them Nokkers!

Looks like Pyoran is going to be best grandma again in next episode.

I hope older Fushi returns.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Jun 29, 2021 6:47 AM

Oct 2019
I cried..even though I knew it gonna happen but it's sad that everyone who meets Fushi dies
Jun 29, 2021 6:54 AM

Jun 2016
finally the ugly one with mask rip . . !!

Jun 29, 2021 7:41 AM

Oct 2018
Its been really long since I cried so hard in an episode like this. Easily 5/5 episode
Jun 29, 2021 7:45 AM

Nov 2013
The question now is, WHO's going to die next?
Jun 29, 2021 8:18 AM

Jul 2020
Yeah sure.Use Gugu's death as a plot device to save Fushi.This is the main thing I dislike about the series that the author uses the characters as an object rather than actual human beings.From now on,I refuse to get attached to any of the characters.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 29, 2021 8:38 AM
Jul 2016
i cried a little bit
Jun 29, 2021 8:42 AM
Jan 2017
All I know is sadness
Jun 29, 2021 8:44 AM

Jan 2016
eglepe said:
I almost cried at March's death. This time I was more annoyed than sad, though I liked the arc and Gugu a lot. I hope this trend of killing each arc's protagonist changes soon because it's starting to get repetitive.

Would not rely on.

But at least March and Gugu died protecting those they love. The boy without name died left behind, never having reached his goal, with the thought of his viallage also didn't reach the green lands (at least that was the impression I got) with noone around except Fusshi, who he considered a tamed wolf.
He was so hopeless and in despair, he begged an animal (from his view) to not forget him.
Jun 29, 2021 9:38 AM

Aug 2018
Kalyteros said:
Pain. All pain.

Gugu deserves to win best boy for 2021. Seriously.

This is one of the most heartbreaking episodes, more than the first one. So many emotions were developed through Gugu through the 6 episodes we saw him in and he never once caught a W until this episode and last, and now he's dead
fyi "Kalyteros" means "better". If you meant to say "the best" you would say "O Kalyteros" or "Kallistos"
Jun 29, 2021 10:01 AM

Oct 2019
for the first time in a very very long time, I cried out of pure sadness... this anime is something special...
I see dead people
Jun 29, 2021 10:15 AM

Sep 2016
This was seriously fucked up. Why should I even keep watching this show if its based around introducing new characters and then killing them in the end of the arc because they 'have to die' to make the MC ''''stronger''''? Killing Gugu was a big fucking mistake I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THIS ANIMEEEEEEEEEEE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
Jun 29, 2021 10:39 AM
Jan 2017
Daaaaaamn
Never expected Gugu to pull a ceasar like this
Jun 29, 2021 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
5 out of 5 absolutely liked it!
Jun 29, 2021 10:46 AM

May 2021
Really nice conclussion of this arc. The montage of his death and the timing of it really hit like a truck. Maybe the best episode of this anime? Would say so.

Jun 29, 2021 11:03 AM

Aug 2018
Fair enough, I can see that
Jun 29, 2021 11:12 AM

Feb 2013
Well that was super predictable.....
Jun 29, 2021 11:36 AM

Jul 2020
That was quite the depressing episode.

I didn't think it could ever end, I don't know why, but I just didn't expect Gugu to die. I thought that it'd be Gugu, Fushi and Rean forever, but I was mistaken. I had forgotten who our main character was, and what this anime was based around. It became too wholesome, that I forgot, and that's what made it so emotional for me, but at the same time it was a beautiful episode.
Jun 29, 2021 11:48 AM
Feb 2021
the most touching part of this episode was seeing march & gugu by fushi. it showed that they're always going to be with fushi & seeing the two look at each other tore me to pieces. this anime really messes with your emotions. im really looking forward to the next arc & what adventures awaits fushi
Jun 29, 2021 12:09 PM
Jun 2021
This anime is like Game of Thrones in that all of the important characters die. Except it’s much more heartbreaking rather than just shocking.
Jun 29, 2021 12:16 PM

Apr 2020
Damn, the production quality of this episode!!!

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Jun 29, 2021 1:03 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
No, damnit, no, no. Not Gugu. He was the best character in this show by far.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 29, 2021 1:20 PM

Feb 2013
this anime took the emotion rollercoaster meaning to another level..
Jun 29, 2021 2:55 PM

Oct 2019
A double tragedy. Not only Gugu died (predictably, so that Fushi can take a new form and then move on..) but Fushi lost the memories and form of none other than March! Unfortunately Gugu died because Fushi grew complacent, and he understands that. He stopped evolving, he did not grow stronger, but the Nockers did. They even developed resistance to fire and ditched their plant form altogether!

It was interesting that this time Gugu was as much a target as Fushi. Perhaps the Nocker that died last time by Gugu's fire sent a message to the Nockers HQ (right before dying) that Gugu was a threat and needed to be taken out. At first I thought when Gugu was attacked over that cliff and the Nocker pricked him with its tentacle it wanted to copy his form. Not quite, it was just checking to see if Gugu was like Fushi (since he could breath fire, which should have been part of the assumed message of the dying Nocker) or a mere human. When it realized he was human it lost interest since it couldn't steal his form and memories.

What I found fascinating is how/why Rean realized that Gugu died. To my knowledge she had not seen ever Fushi shape-shifting (unless she saw him do it off-screen) so how did she realize it was him rather than Gugu when he left? Did she feel it or did she find out later (off-screen) that the one who died was actually Gugu, not Fushi? It could have been either, but I'll go with "feel it".
Jun 29, 2021 3:36 PM

Apr 2015
By the time this show will end, I won't have a heart left to be ripped out of my chest by the sheer emotional pain this show is bringing me.

Rip Gugu.. I already had this bad feeling that he wasn't gonna grow old at all, but damn. Poor Rean, but what a strong girl. Playing along with Fushi in Gugu's form just to get her own comfort. That one hurt, especially when she was laying with the flowers and she started to cry after telling her dad about her love :/

Why am I watching this? I swear a masochist side has woken up inside me for emotional pain or something...
Jun 29, 2021 4:05 PM

Apr 2020
I'm glad Rean and Gugu were able to have one final moment together before Gugu died.

RIP Gugu. You were my favorite character in the show so far. Because of your sacrifice, Fushi can transform into an absolute unit.
Jun 29, 2021 4:07 PM
Jun 2013
VanishingKira said:
So Gugu died huh. Never really care about him so his death meant nothing to me, to be completely frank.

So the trend of anyone that grows close to Fushi dying continues. I mean, it's an inevitable result anyways considering their limited lifespan in comparison to Fushi's immortality.

I just wished I cared more about these supporting characters, which I don't. It makes for some very ineffective death scenes that are suppose to provoke an emotional response but fail to do so.

That's on you my friend, if you don't care about the supporting characters, why you're even watching this when is all about them and their impact on Fushi? if you didn't care about Gugu of all the characters, the anime is clearly not for you, which you means you're wasting your time.
Jun 29, 2021 5:20 PM

Sep 2019
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Every time they kill a character even tho I knew it was going to happen or at least it was probable it fucking hurts dude. Gugu... 😔
Jun 29, 2021 6:39 PM

Jul 2016
Well... third arc, third time its protagonist is killed off to force more unnecessary tragedy into the story. Too repetitive and uninspiring to feel anything. Not to mention the whole scene with Fushi pretending to be Gugu couldn't have felt more wrong but thankfully, Lynn wasn't oblivious this time and saw through the act.
Jun 29, 2021 7:40 PM
Nov 2020
For me, the most powerful scene was when Fushi realized that he could transform into Gugu. Must've been an extreme shock to him, especially when he was in the middle of a battle.

vansonbee said:
and Rean married to Gugu brother? Since, he's the closest to what Gugu is left of the world and pain/love heals over time and they might get closer together. Maybe, even naming a baby boy after Gugu. XD

I can't help but feel NTR vibes about the possibility of that happening.

SouthRzVa said:
but thankfully, Lynn wasn't oblivious this time and saw through the act.

I'm trying to replay the last couple of minutes, and I can't pintpoint the exact moment when Rynn realizes that Gugu is dead. I mean, she definitely knows by the time she is laying at the flower bed, but I'm wondering if she knew right away when she saw fake Gugu after running all the way to Booze Man's house.
Jun 29, 2021 8:56 PM

Feb 2020
The author really did just gave them 4 years time skip just to give Fushi an adult body huh?

As sad as this episode was, I'm stuck with this terrible "what if" scenario in my head. Only if they had captured its core when it was exposed, it would have been a happy end. But the author just won't spare our feelings
p = d/dt m * v
Jun 29, 2021 10:09 PM

Apr 2015
Really? The author just had to kill off another character just to give Fushi character development, this time someone I actually liked and cared for. His death just made me feel more frustrated than sad. This repetitive structure of having Fushi meet someone and then killing him/her off to have Fushi assume him/her form is already getting tiresome, I would've been more pleasantly surprised if Gugu *didn't* die. If this happens one more time, I'm gonna throw hands.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jun 29, 2021 10:23 PM

May 2016
I'm pissed we never got to see gugu's face disfigured.
Jun 29, 2021 10:40 PM
May 2020
This anime is just a torture 😭

So does the dead people that Fushi copies are able to communicate between themself? Does they live inside Fushi in some way?
Jun 29, 2021 10:57 PM

Feb 2019
Yet another heartbreaking event... this show does not pull its punches at all. I was hoping that even if Fushi had to go, Gugu and Rean would be safe and live happily ever after. But that's not how this show works, that's not how life works.

It hurts so much.

Gugu gave his life for Fushi, the one who he considered his true brother, and Rean, the girl he loves. Finally, their feelings reached other. They shared a kiss even under all that rubble.

But all at once, all that happiness was snatched away. Man, it really hit me hard. I'm feeling kind of depressed now. If Gugu could've just lived. He's had so much pain with his brother, his injuries, the discrimination. He doesn't deserve this at all.

It was even more heartbreaking seeing Fushi pretend to be Gugu. I thought it was unfair to Rean to not know the truth of what happened, and a betrayal of Gugu's memory. But Fushi was just trying to spare her feelings.

But Fushi is no Gugu, and I guess Rean saw through all that, even though she played along.

That final scene was the final coup de grace. My heart ached so much after seeing that Rean did realise that Gugu was dead, and that Fushi had merely taken his form. A lot of thoughts must be going through Rean's head. What would've happened if they had known each other's feelings sooner? What if she had tried to keep Gugu from going into the battle harder? What if they had made it out of the crumbling mansion sooner?

Their love finally come to life, and the future marriage that was finally in sight. All crushed in an instant.

I wanna cry.

Despite all that, Gugu doesn't regret anything. And Gugu kept being a good person up to the end, despite everything the world and the people around him had done to him. Because he had his own family - Fushi, Rean, Booze Man, and Pioran.

I wish Gugu and Rean could've had their happy ending. I wish. I wish. I wish. Damn it. Damn it. Damn it.

I guess Rean knows, either partly or fully, what Fushi is. I hope to see Rean again in the future.

This series is heartbreaking, and it's really painful to watch, but it's amazing.

Rest in Peace, Gugu. You deserve it. And the lives you touched won't forget you. You were a real damn hero. You were amazing guy.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

238 by MasterHavik »»
Apr 13, 2:43 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Apr 6, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Usopp8000 - May 17, 2021

152 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2021

345 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

150 by wallus81 »»
Mar 28, 2:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.