Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2021 1:06 AM

Feb 2008
I didn't like the show at the beginning. Paisen's crying was very uncomfortable to me, since that was just straight bullying, and the guy didn't even fight back.

Things got better in the rest of the episodes, and the guy grew some grip. It made me smile a few times between the crud jokes of Nagatoro and the trio of girls doing stuff to paisen. I actually think the show was better when Nagatoro's friends had screentime. When they didn't, well, it wasn't as interesting neither funny.

I would have gladly given the President a few more episodes. Not just because of her big personality, but to add a harem possibility in the show. This is probably getting a second season, and I hope there will be a romance contender for Nagatoro.

5/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jun 27, 2021 1:22 AM

Mar 2020
F*ING ENJOYABLE!!!!

7/10

Really hope there's a Season 2, The Main Game Is There!!
Subscribe to my Youtube : Rosvl Studio

I post Skits, Fingerstyle about Anime, F1 and many more :)

Link In My Profile!!
Jun 27, 2021 1:34 AM

Sep 2020
Bro this anime was so cute. When I first read it I was like yeah this is gonna be stupid but I mean you can just tell by my Forum Avatar and Signature thats not the case. I really hope it gets a season two and I am gonna continue with the manga.
Jun 27, 2021 2:31 AM

Jan 2018
Kimoi, kimoi, kimoi - that's all I heard when Nagatoro teasing her senpai.
But seriously, I think the chemistry between them is pretty good and it's getting better after every episode. Think I'm gonna read the manga if I have the chance.
Overall, this is an ok comedy - romance show. Gave it 7/10.
Average anime enjoyer.
Jun 27, 2021 3:12 AM
Mar 2019
Despite some rough edges at the beginning, Such a fun and wholesome show overall!

its bizarre to me reading the low rated reviews on the front page described the overall show with words and phrase like "damages mentally and physically", 'disturbing, like horror" "manipulative and gaslightings"

Because what i saw from this show is just mostly silly playful, harmless & often backfiring teasing between awkward highschooler.

Are we even watching the same show? Did they only watch the first episodes, continued the story by reading the doujins and then pretend they already watch the whole thing?

Jun 27, 2021 5:32 AM

Mar 2015
Don't care what the haters say, this is one of the funniest and cutest anime I've watched.

Season 2 when?
Jun 27, 2021 5:50 AM

Oct 2016
Man, we were blessed with such a good adaptation, didn't expect to love this series so much when I first saw it, after like the 2nd episode I binged the manga and now it's one my favorites. Fucking wholesome and good consistent development. I really hope we get a 2nd season, I personally think it just gets even better after the culture festival.

Moving the kiss to the end was a good choice and I loved that they gave Yoshi an extra scene by defending the Prez. 9/10 the adaptation pretty much enhances the source material, which is always welcomed.
Jun 27, 2021 5:54 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, the show really turned out to be so damn wholesome. Holy shit. Love that kissing scene, its very deserved as their ending. Overall the first two episodes really bring me such a misunderstanding. But, as soon as the show goes, its turned out to be more enjoyable than i thought before. Hopefully there's another season for this one too, not just Uzaki...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 27, 2021 6:13 AM
Dec 2020
There is an imposter among us
Jun 27, 2021 6:25 AM

Jul 2014
A very good adaptation that ended more or less where I expected it to. Uesaka brought a lot of energy to Nagatoro with her great vocal performance, and the above-average animation also helped elevate this. Sure, it's still nothing groundbreaking, but it's a fun series all the same.

7/10
Jun 27, 2021 6:48 AM
Dec 2017
GGcc78 said:
giftedxhands said:

I'd love to know from manga readers if the story is progressing future with these two eventually dating or not and how the story has gotten if possible!
The format of the story changes. It goes from being mostly episodic stuff to story arcs, this school festival arc was the first such example and their relationship develops with each one.
Thanks! I really didn't think I'd enjoy this show this much but I honestly did. Hopefully we get an announcement for another season in the future
Jun 27, 2021 6:58 AM

May 2015
I had dropped it after the fourth episode but out of curiosity about the outcome of their relationship and because I love the ending song (I have listened to that sht way too many times) I watched the last episode. Maybe this was the first time that I skipped episodes because the way the story was told and the characters behaved irritated me too much, but since other parts of the anime (like the character design and the facial expressions of the girl) were to my liking, and I watched a few scenes on the youtube from the episodes I skipped, I had to see where it would end. It was a nice episode in the end aside from the irritation that it still made me feel.
Jun 27, 2021 7:17 AM
Dec 2018
That kiss on the cheek melted my heart.
I enjoy the show from start to finish it's wholesome as hell now give me the season two announcement.
8/10
Jun 27, 2021 7:42 AM

Feb 2021
A pretty cute way to end the series. There were a lot of moments Chad senpai appeared. He was such a introverted and shy guy at the start of the series and after 11 episodes he's had quite a transformation. He's pretty outgoing now and doesn't hesitate to speak up now. I hope S2 gets released soon :)

Jun 27, 2021 8:32 AM

Mar 2020
Such a mediocre anime. It was obvious from the start that the writer was just plain unable to make a funny anime. But to not even be able to make a romantic anime is something I can't excuse. With how unrealistically wimpy the MC was, we only got like 2 or 3 moments where he told Nagatoro that he liked her/finds her cute. Then why the hell does Nagatoro always respond by mocking him for saying that? Makes no sense. But I guess the writer has no idea how normal people behave. Not even for the last episode they could produce a happy moment. Only an out of context peck on the cheek that they didnt even bother to include into a story.
Jun 27, 2021 8:55 AM

Apr 2021
Well Good episode..Senpai won the art contest...the clubs gonna stay..and looks like he and the president are on good terms....Well all's well that ends well...This show was funny and good to watch....
Jun 27, 2021 10:15 AM

Oct 2015
That last episode was really, really good. I'm glad i watched past the credits too. Maybe we can expect a second season perhaps? I would love that.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Jun 27, 2021 11:24 AM

Feb 2021
Good way to end off the series 7/10
Jun 27, 2021 11:24 AM

Dec 2020
I liked the adaptation but I prefer the manga

Gostei da adaptação mas prefiro o mangá
Jun 27, 2021 12:58 PM

Jul 2020
I'm so sad it's over. The final scene for me was just amazing and just seeing the progression that both Toro and Senpai was amazing. I'm glad that she kissed him just makes the anime very satisfying.
I would love to get a second season.
8/10
Jun 27, 2021 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
I confess it was a great episode I liked about the Shown in the episode was something interesting about the president's sensuality in art I hope it has a sequel or 2 season.
Jun 27, 2021 1:57 PM

Apr 2016
A very nice series, I liked it! Maybe I’ll read the manga now.
Jun 27, 2021 3:05 PM
Dec 2018
A really nice ending. Didn't see that coming after episode 1.

The introduction of the president really added to the ending. She's a great character, totally demented, and she brought a new direction to the plot which saw the other characters working together and confirming their friendship. The supporting characters were great in this episode, all putting in a lot of effort for paisen, who they are clearly fond of.

And Nagatoro, in the last scene, finally showed how much she adores paisen. He was great as well, speaking up for people, the girls have had a great effect on him. They really have added so much to his life.

Hope they will give us a season 2 but the way it ended was just fine.
Jun 27, 2021 3:16 PM
Jun 2015
For all the controversy this anime sparked, its unexpected that it ended up being so wholesome. Nagatoro is really cute and I love her antics. It was amusing to see her teasing senpai and being all embarassed herself.
This anime just made me really happy in general.
Jun 27, 2021 4:59 PM
Mar 2021
Its now episode 12 and its good, and its the last ep as well.. art is also love, and love is also art.. we are all passionate about certain things in life, such as sports or music.. but the one with the most love being put in it, as well as beauty, is art in general.. many would always take art for granted, and not able to properly appreciate its beauty, but there are some who knows how.. just like in the anime, where a lot of boys are just looking at her art out of lust, tho there are others which shows interest on how deep the theme of the art really is.. art would differ in each persons perspective, which is also why its called art.. anyways, i rate the anime a 9.5 of 10, 9.5 for both story and art.. :)
Jun 27, 2021 6:31 PM
Mar 2019
Love this show man lol
Jun 27, 2021 7:28 PM

Feb 2020
this gotta be the weirdest shit i liked that felt heartwarming and sweet 7/10 for this season.

Jun 27, 2021 9:44 PM

Nov 2015
Excellent adaptation of the manga. Nagatoro went from genuine bullying, to realizing she'd taken it too far and feeling guilty, to--well, we saw after the credits, didn't we? (You did watch through the ED on the final episode, right?) In a lot of ways, she's at least as awkward as Paisen is, and that's how she deals with it.

All of them defending the president was great. As was the president's guest appearance as Bunny Girl Senpai, and her own joke on Paisen. This show was well done and I hope there's a season 2. Regardless, if you enjoyed this, go read the manga; you won't be disappointed.
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something they know they might attack you for.
--Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"
Jun 27, 2021 10:25 PM
Feb 2015
I was wrong about this series and need a second season!
Jun 27, 2021 10:31 PM

Jan 2011
well that was a nice ending good they redeemed themselves bringing it back in the

overall this show had a really rough start and did not find myself enjoying it for almost half of the season and i liked it at most when it wasn't trying to be as horny as possible which a lot of jokes relied on that which ended up being quite predicable if you seen any amount of ecchi

but unlike other shows this ended actually being quite wholesome in the end and i feel a 2nd season would do a lot better since it's clear as day both of them like each other and the teasing is just teasing and not on the edge of bullying

show was a pretty bad comedy , a strange romance but a 10/10 i need some meme face templates

6/10 if i had a step on me M fetish this would be up my jam
Jun 27, 2021 10:57 PM

Oct 2008
i'm gonna friggin' miss this glorious show! truly!
5/5!
9/10.

Jun 27, 2021 10:58 PM

Aug 2020
Remember to watch after the ED finishes because something happens omgomg
Jun 28, 2021 3:11 AM
May 2020
an episode that was beyond leng fam. thoroughly enjoyed it
Jun 28, 2021 3:18 AM

Dec 2008
Ahahaha victory through disqualification, I think the painting was hot, but i'ts not art, she even painted herself again, which is basically only narcistic.
I could live without the art club president in this show, but I understand that Rom Com's have to add new characters from time to time. At least she triggered Paisen's awakening.

Funny that Nagatoro put up a light version of her bullying for the visitors, to advertise the pictures.

Nagatoro is such a sweet girl, the cute kiss at the end was a nice idea.
In episode one she was still an evil gremlin, but fortunately the author turned her into a likeable character over time. I fell in love with her, also because of the perfect voice acting.

The lewd jokes and the pretty tanned girl, aside,
I think Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san is the cuter show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2021 3:28 AM
Mar 2021
So the Art Club President does have a sense of humourXD
And thus the season ends with a kiss! I can't wait for the next season!
Also Nagatoro being dead on the inside while being a mascot cracked me up.
[IMG="http://imgur.com/gallery/tSKBB1G"]
FacktackJun 28, 2021 4:01 AM
Jun 28, 2021 7:47 AM

Aug 2019
Very enjoyable anime! Never failed to make me smile.
Also love how Nagatoro and Naoto's relationship progressed.
8/10
Jun 28, 2021 7:59 AM
Nov 2018
IMO the show is pretty mid, however I loved the show's fun nature. Fun to watch, glad I watched it.

Loved the kiss at the end. pretty wholesome.
Jun 28, 2021 10:50 AM

Mar 2019
Well this train stopped... all things aside, the art at the ending where she pokes on his nose, felt as if she’s the elder one and it’s good enough for me to consider as my wallpaper.
Months before the start of this anime, I really was looking forward to the “tease” thing with the setting of kouhai girl but couldn’t enjoy the tease (maybe nagataro and her team’s character while the tease didn’t fit well for me), rather the wholesome moments between the two was something that kept me on this show.
HEIWA_NO_SENSEIJun 28, 2021 10:54 AM
If there was no one else within a 5-kilometer radius from Shimamura, and she was in a deep sleep and an all-knowing deity just happened to reassure me that she wasn’t going to wake up the next 24 hours, maybe I’d get bored after 23 hours and I might kiss her once to relieve some boredom...
Jun 28, 2021 1:01 PM

Jul 2008
The anime was fine. Nothing amazing. The comedy aspect got old pretty quick, and the romance...well...cringe. Last couple of episodes were the best, just b/c it was something different than what we got in earlier episodes.

6/10

Last 2 episodes really solidified it at a 6. Otherwise I was considering a 5.
Jun 28, 2021 2:52 PM
Jul 2013
This was my weekly dose of emotional healing and I am going to miss it tremendously.
"You must not be preoccupied with yourself. You won’t be able to see anything. You’ll be unable to move a step. Care about other people, if you do, you’ll understand that it’s worth living no matter how painful the world is."
Jun 28, 2021 4:55 PM
Aug 2020
I loved ittt It was like a doze of serotonin every week!! hope there's a second season ;__;
Jun 28, 2021 5:00 PM

Apr 2014
If you ever had that girl that liked you but instead of showing she liked you she teased you and picked on you in front of your friends then you'll totally understand where the show is going. But on top of it you see that over time they grow closer to each other. I'm a little surprised with how many negative review's are on nagatoro for for me i would easily enjoyed having more episodes then the 12. It was a good season overall.
Jun 28, 2021 9:05 PM
Jun 2021
Stark700 said:
Heh, it looks like Nagatoro's art and antics did attract an audience although President had a more 'mature' appeal.

Senpai saying that deep down he wants to draw Nagatoro almost sounds like a confession. I actually kinda do admire how he had the guts to say that. Bet he couldn't say that in the beginning of this season. Well it was a guilty pleasure popcorn entertainment anime overall imo.

That cheek kiss and President with a bunny outfit though.
Lol you gave this show a 4? Mate hopefully one day you find love instead of watching anime all day, get your head outta your ass boy.
Jun 28, 2021 9:26 PM

Mar 2019
Perfect Episode... 10/10... like the manga.

Bunnygirl... Torocat... Nice EroArt... TANLINES...

And Yoshi saving the day.. Yoshi MVP clearly.

Time to continue the manga...

In my personal liking: 10/10, because everytime i watched an episode, i remembered everything in the manga... very nice adaptation.
Comparing it with other animes: 9/10... Perfect, but not a Masterpiece.

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jun 28, 2021 10:11 PM

Nov 2014
It finished exactly in the same place i thought it would when i readed the manga, it was a fun series to follow. Now time to wait for season 2.

6/10.

PD: Oh wow, so in the end they saved the kiss scene for the very end of the series? thats pretty nice actually.
Jun 29, 2021 3:43 AM
Jan 2021
I liked the series as being a wholesome one. Nagatoro brings out the better side of senpai, and she likes him because he's innocent. If he had been like the other high school boys trying to flirt with her, she wouldn't have been interested. I think it's a nice story and one with a decent ending if we don't get that season 2. Highly recommend the manga if you want more, it picks up around chapter 45 so you can see what happens next if you like.

Overall I gave it a 9/10 just because the characters were so strong. The jokes landed and it was a charming series. It captured that awkward time as a teenager, where sexual tension and romance seem almost too much to handle but comes knocking anyways. It's one of the few I finished and started watching again right away, I like the characters that much.

I think the best episode other than the final two would he the one where senpai helps the girls escape some more creepy boys. Yeah, they tease him for being a bit more innocent, but it's better than most high school boys who are actually trying to be lewd towards girls. The show is less about mocking virgins, and more so looking back at that point in life and realizing it's normal. I guess?

I'll keep reading until the manga finishes or we get a 2nd part!
Jun 29, 2021 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
The final episode of Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san!. I honestly had fun watching this series. I also liked the opening and ending theme, the opening theme being catchy while the ending theme being relaxing(? idk the word for it but hopefully this is the right word.). They (the animators and others) really did a good job in arranging the plot from the manga. The plot in the manga was really wish-woosh, right?

They looked so funny dancing that "Idk too long" dance! XD Nagatoro looked like she wasn't into it much xd

Last episode, and Nagatoro kissed Naoto!?
removed-userJul 2, 2021 5:50 AM
Jun 29, 2021 9:47 AM
Jun 2021
the truth is this anime is beautiful I loved it
Jun 29, 2021 11:21 AM

Nov 2011
Damn the score skyrocketing. It was 7.1 on Sunday. Guess people finally understand how good this adaption actually was.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 29, 2021 11:41 AM
Mar 2020
Kept cringing throughout the whole anime but managed to finish it because it was so wholesome

Main character needs more character progression only difference between him in episode 1 and him in episode 12 is he is more honest and speaks his mind a bit more. He still needs to learn basic things like making eye contact when talking to someone and stuttering every time he is nervous. I would like to see how he ends up at the end of the anime.Hopefully nagatoro can keep shaping him to the man we all know he can be.

Even nagatoro has some work to do can’t blame senpai the whole time. Nagatoro is confident when she comes to teasing but that’s where it ends she is just a tease. All those girls that talk freaky on text but ain’t about it in real life. She needs to realize that her and senpai aren’t together so any potential waifu can snatch him up at any time. Plus senpai gonna graduate soon so if she has anything she wants to say she needs to consider how much time she has to spend with him before he goes.

The side character are really cool they are a good refreshment from all the cringe going on between nagatoro and paisen(yes it can be adorable but it’s repetitive and gets cringe after a few episodes ) Gamo-Chan is my favorite character in the show, she pushes nagatoro to actually make a move and stop teasing all the time because it’s so obvious she likes him. Gamo is also very considerate about her friends and doesn’t go overboard with her own teasing and jokes.

Overall
Pretty good anime, hope for more character development, less cute moments and more realistic scenarios like what would happen if a girl actually tried getting senpai. Would nagatoro realize that her crush could slip threw her finger tips anytime.It is all fun and games until the anime drags this teasing thing till season 2 and no real progression is made (which I hope doesn’t happen) because all though it’s funny that the are bought oblivious to the fact they like each other, it will end up being all those bland harem protagonist with no once of balls and doesn’t pic one chick and just goes with the flow without any track conclusion on who he picks. When anime drag the romance on for seasons it becomes trash and won’t have the same effects of when you first started watching the anime. still a good anime.

Anyways I give it a 7/10.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 22, 2021

142 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 1, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 15, 2021

134 by AkiFosu »»
Feb 29, 8:54 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pre_Yum - May 8, 2021

131 by AkiFosu »»
Feb 28, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - May 1, 2021

164 by AkiFosu »»
Feb 27, 12:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.