Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2021 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Special edition episode this week.

It's pretty much just a recap of events, although it covers a lot of the important ones especially some of Dai's biggest battles. I did like how they showed all the revelant characters in this and not just have Dai take all the spotlight.
Jun 25, 2021 6:07 PM

Sep 2018
Well best moment of this episode is... the preview of ep 38 lol. Leona-hime with her new stunning outfit!

Jun 26, 2021 1:22 AM

Oct 2008
Great! To those who haven't seen the series and want to catch up all the way to episode 37 can just forget watching it from episode 1 and just watch this episode! ^_^ and you'll pretty much know what's going on! (sarcasm)

Seriously, while they did a good job on summarizing plus the narration on what happened so far, this episode is really pointless if you already watched all of it.
jestynJun 26, 2021 1:31 AM
Jun 26, 2021 2:44 AM

Sep 2019
I don't see why they did a recap but it was good for a recap episode I guess
Jun 27, 2021 12:19 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh, right, its still not approved, eh? Well, at least lemme put some mark words here, so i can remember that i already watch this one. Oh well....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 27, 2021 12:22 AM

Jan 2009
z00nex said:

recap episodes is usually a sign of a production schedule starting to go bad lol
Jun 27, 2021 7:45 AM

May 2012
deg said:
z00nex said:

recap episodes is usually a sign of a production schedule starting to go bad lol

Not always

Hunter x hunter 2011 episode 13 and 26 are both recap episodes. The anime ran for 148 episodes straight with no issues
Jun 27, 2021 3:58 PM

Jan 2009
thepath said:
deg said:

Not always

Hunter x hunter 2011 episode 13 and 26 are both recap episodes. The anime ran for 148 episodes straight with no issues

ye not always hence my use of the word "usually" even so recap episodes is usually a rest week for the animators since only the editing or finishing touches team will work on the recap episode
Jun 29, 2021 5:35 AM
Oct 2019
z00nex said:

Probably because the Animator need more time for the next episode.
Jun 30, 2021 7:10 AM
Jan 2021
z00nex said:

Probably because it’s the end of the third cour, and they need time to start the fourth.
Jul 4, 2021 5:04 PM

Mar 2010
Nb but mostly ng, tis what a average recap would look like.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 7, 2021 7:24 PM

Dec 2015
yeah, this is just a trash rehash cut and paste episode. entirely worthless and everybody should just skip it and watch 38. if the TV networks needed 'fill the timeslot' to bridge Spring/Summer 2021 just air a rerun of ep37. if Toei scheduled this episode, the big bosses should have ordered them to dump this ep and move forwards making 38. the director(s), editor(s), on screen text graphics artists, the narration's script-writer(s), and the narrator voice-over actress had better things to spend their time on than this recap. this was a waste of man-hours, budget, and effort.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.