Forum Settings
Forums

Do you really think is there underdog in any shounen

New
Jun 24, 2021 8:54 PM
Jul 2018
Premise start with a underdog story where they shows us anyone can achieve anything with hard work and then just after that they start their hypocrisy by showing, you need some kind of strongest ability somehow to succeed.

Naruto -fox
Asta- devil power
Mha-Strongest quirk

Etc.
removed-userJun 24, 2021 9:22 PM
Jun 24, 2021 9:13 PM

Jul 2020
Takemichy(Tokyo revengers) works hard all by himself and isn't given any powers like a spoiled rich kid.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 24, 2021 9:16 PM
Jul 2018
Tsuna from katekyo hitman reborn . limit
Jun 24, 2021 11:21 PM

Nov 2020
How can you forget Light Yagami?? He had to write names from one hand and eat the chip from another hand. Do you Imagine how difficult it is to accomplish such a feat?

═════════════════════════════
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

═════════════════════════════
Jun 24, 2021 11:38 PM
Jun 2021
Hinomaru in Hinomaru Zumou. He is a small statured wrestler in a game of giants. No OP powers, no special abilities. Just a regular sports freak who does absolutely nothing but train all day like crazy.
Jun 24, 2021 11:53 PM

Aug 2019
hell no~

imagine saying that saitama is the underdog cuz the way he looks while he have the powers of a fucking god.

its always like that.

Deku is the same in a way.

saying they look weak or don't have enough power & then kill a whole ass universe later is just ew 4 me.

the real underdog ( he's the TOP DAWG in mah heart ) is Mumen Rider~
Jun 25, 2021 12:00 AM

Sep 2020
Luffy trained his a*s off for 2 years non-stop to become strong. I don't completely remember but in Yu Yu Hakushu the protag didn't have hidden powers untill the end arc.
Jun 25, 2021 12:24 AM

Feb 2020
I am not sure what u are saying
Naruto was proven talented in first episode itself (shadow clone jitsu). Naruto is not underdog. 9-tails power only came into play lot afterwards. Naruto was not total weakling even before. If anything rock lee is the underdog of naruto show

Deku is underdog subverted, but not totally

Maybe asta is a the underdog. Because he never get any magical power. Devil power is not really enough to compare with normal magic blessed person because its just cancellation power. He has to train a lot more than normal person

Sports anime are best example of underdog stories. And yeah they are also shonen eg - yowamushi pedal, hajime no ippo, baby steps etc
Even shows like Kenichi the mightist disiple

AdampkJun 25, 2021 12:28 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 25, 2021 12:25 AM

Feb 2020
ChubbyGrizzly said:
Luffy trained his a*s off for 2 years non-stop to become strong. I don't completely remember but in Yu Yu Hakushu the protag didn't have hidden powers untill the end arc.

He demon king's blood (yu yu hakusho). I don't think its a underdog story since the beginning.
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 25, 2021 12:28 AM

Sep 2020
Like as I said I don't actually remember that much from the show but the demon blood came into play during the last few arcs iirc.
Jun 25, 2021 12:30 AM

Feb 2020
ChubbyGrizzly said:
Like as I said I don't actually remember that much from the show but the demon blood came into play during the last few arcs iirc.
ChubbyGrizzly said:

Even so, yusake was not really a underdog. It was pretty much evident he was more op than people like kuwabara since the start
BIO

Jun 25, 2021 12:47 AM

Aug 2016
No everyone suffers from protagonist syndrome.
Jun 25, 2021 3:24 AM
Jul 2018
Adampk said:
Naruto was proven talented in first episode itself (shadow clone jitsu). Naruto is not underdog. 9-tails power only came into play lot afterwards. Naruto was not total weakling even before. If anything rock lee is the underdog of naruto show

Maybe asta is a the underdog. Because he never get any magical power. Devil power is not really enough to compare with normal magic blessed person because its just cancellation power. He has to train a lot more than normal person

Sports anime are best example of underdog stories. And yeah they are also shonen eg - yowamushi pedal, hajime no ippo, baby steps etc

in First episode i think he stole that ability and capable of using it only because of fox power.

And i can't say much about asta because i dropped black clover but every magic cancellation ability is OP ex: that teacher of mha and a guy from bongo stray dog (these dudes can be call underdog as well if we put your logic)

Idk how to add spoiler tag:
Now deku have 6 more quirks....
And anyone will willing to do training for just one month in return of strongest quirk
removed-userJun 25, 2021 3:28 AM
Jun 25, 2021 4:11 AM

Feb 2020
Hyper_Lazyy said:
Adampk said:

in First episode i think he stole that ability and capable of using it only because of fox power.

And i can't say much about asta because i dropped black clover but every magic cancellation ability is OP ex: that teacher of mha and a guy from bongo stray dog (these dudes can be call underdog as well if we put your logic)

And anyone will willing to do training for just one month in return of strongest quirk

Point is how is naruto a underdog? he was never presented as a underdog. i think ur mixing his orphan scenario with underdog. which is not the same thing.

I dont know how much u reached black clover, but since start asta actually trains a lot like more that other person in the same story so that he could be equal to other....that sure makes him a underdog. Devil doesn't directly give asta any power. it more like he is using a substitute tool. it not his own. ( eraserhead case is not same, even if power is same. Also there is nothing OP about eraserhead either)

I already said deku is a underdog subversion
AdampkJun 25, 2021 4:22 AM
BIO

Jun 25, 2021 4:17 AM

Oct 2017
sns_fakeshow said:
Tsuna from katekyo hitman reborn . limit
Nah he becomes really strong with each arc so he doesn't count as an underdog.
Jun 25, 2021 4:26 AM
Jul 2018
Adampk said:
Hyper_Lazyy said:

Point is how is naruto a underdog? he was never presented as a underdog. i think ur mixing his orphan scenario with underdog. which is not the same thing.

I dont know how much u reached black clover, but since start asta actually trains a lot like more that other person in the same story so that he could be equal to other....that sure makes him a underdog. Devil doesn't directly give asta any power. it more like he is using a substitute tool. it not his own. ( eraserhead case is not same, even if power is same. Also there is nothing OP about eraserhead either)

Maybe i get it wrong. But the whole neji vs naruto was about hardwork and gifted, wasn't it?
Jun 25, 2021 4:35 AM

Feb 2020
Hyper_Lazyy said:
Adampk said:

Maybe i get it wrong. But the whole neji vs naruto was about hardwork and gifted, wasn't it?

No that was not the exact theme of the fight. It was neji own inferiority complex towards himself which bonded him to a predestined fate. Naruto making his own destiny inspired neji that he is not shackled by some fate. if i have to say theme is freedom for society values or labels
BIO

Jun 25, 2021 4:44 AM

May 2021
It's hard to have characters with no powers and make them not be useless in shounen. Because villains get absurdly strong, it would be hard to make the protagonist relevant to the plot without making them strong as well.
Jun 25, 2021 4:47 AM
Jul 2018
ItsMuZe said:
It's hard to have characters with no powers and make them not be useless in shounen. Because villains get absurdly strong, it would be hard to make the protagonist relevant to the plot without making them strong as well.
You are right.
But don't you think it would be better just to remove this concept of being an underdog if it's that hard-ex:jjk hxh etc.
removed-userJun 25, 2021 4:51 AM

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts on harem anime? ( 1 2 )

BuddhaIsBetter - Apr 19

73 by Abomination_suah »»
6 seconds ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 7 hours ago

15 by juanlqr »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

27 by juanlqr »»
7 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 6 hours ago

14 by iiKonata »»
8 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

91 by LeonhartAugust »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.