So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 25, 2021 12:17 PM
May 2011
Sanitizer_trio said:
MHMD8 said:
No reason to reboot it at all, they adapted the story faithfully at a good pace,they will just make a second season, and hope it will be better produced.

The problem is not how true it is to the LN, but how good it is as an anime. Especially for people who didn't read the LN. It was very rushed, characters were undeveloped, world-building is lacking, quality of 2D animation is all over the place. So the studio was obviously unprepared for the task, and the decision to adapt 6 (if I remember correctly) volumes of LN into 24 episodes seems to be not optimal at the very least.

To illustrate the last point: first volume alone has 24 chapters, if we include smaller interludes in this number as well. So, going by the natural flow of the LN, where we usually have one bigger chapter for Kumoko and one smaller interlude for other characters, each episode can include one such pair as well. So, for example, the first volume alone could have been done in 12 episodes, or one standard season, in my opinion.

This is a "smarter" (for the lack of other word) story, compared to most others out there. So I feel like it deserve to be treated at least as good as Overlord was, dare I say.

It only adapted 5 volumes, and the pacing they are going with it are fit for the material and lot of animes adapt similar amount of LN volumes in that amount of episodes so it's not out of ordinary.

Any anime skip some content when they adapt from LN, the only question is what to skip and how much it affects the general plot.
like.... first volume was adapted in the first 4 episodes that concluded with the monkey fight, do you really want to see that content stretched into 12 episodes? That seems dreadful to me.

The adaptation is not perfect, and some characters appear too fast and their development are not convincing, but i would say they covered the big beats of the story, and going back to reboot the anime to..i dunno...cover the story of that ninja classmate better that not one cares about? seems not worthy at all.

Just do better in a second season, no need at all to retread what the first season covered, unless they really mess up the final episode, something the LN readers actually afraid of, cause what it needs to cover is way more than any previous episode, cause apparently the pacing of the latest episodes was a bit slow AND they included material from later that shouldn't have appeared here, which slowed it more
Jun 25, 2021 12:18 PM
Jan 2018
Considering how bad that last episode looked, can't say I'm surprised.
Jun 25, 2021 12:57 PM

Apr 2012
I'm grateful Vivy didn't have to go through this kind of problem because I'd be as pissed as you guys. Spider deserved better.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jun 25, 2021 12:57 PM
Feb 2018
This anime should've veen split cour. This staff just cannot mantain consistance. Same thing that happened with Cop Craft, really sad because I'm loving this history. I hope we get a banger final episode.
Jun 25, 2021 1:10 PM

Aug 2019
this is giving me reminders of how the last two episodes of Azur Lane were, they took over 4 months to air
Jun 25, 2021 1:38 PM

Jan 2013
snowykevin said:
this is giving me reminders of how the last two episodes of Azur Lane were, they took over 4 months to air

Märchen Mädchen took 13 month between the 10th episode and episode 11 and 12.
Jun 25, 2021 1:49 PM
Jun 2020
The score for this anime suddenly rose by 0.15
Does anyone know what happened?
Jun 25, 2021 2:39 PM

Jan 2018
KatouKotori said:
With how bad the quality was on 23, we shoulda expected this, lol. :s
Pray to spider god that the last episode will be watchable. And hopefully it doesn't become a lost episode that we see 6 months down the line like with some others.
That's what I'm worried about. When stuff releases on the downlow like that it has a good chance at becoming lost media.
Jun 25, 2021 3:02 PM

Nov 2018
They tried to match the LN, and that was an admirable sentiment, but is anyone really saying "yeah the anime was great, so you can skip the LN and start after the anime"? No, of course not. They're hating on the anime like crazy. So, really there wasn't any point in trying to be faithful, was there?

They should have just made it a single 13 episode season, Kumoko only, with high quality 2D animation. As a LN reader, the part where she's in the labyrinth and not OP yet is the best part of the series anyway, IMO the series is still good but goes downhill after that, and it loses even more after volume 7.

Considering that she escapes the labyrinth in episode 12 even in the existing anime with the human parts, and that cutting out the humans actually saves a LOT of time (for example ep 3 is almost all human), they could have fleshed out her battles and thoughts a lot more and had an amazing season.

Sure, in this alternate reality the purist fanbois would be complaining how unfaithful the anime was, but they're already complaining now, so screw them, their opinions aren't worth considering. Everyone else would have been loving the show and it would have brought in a bunch of LN readers... If only.
Jun 25, 2021 3:08 PM

Dec 2013
Hopefully it is for a good reason and not because a shitshow happened.
Jun 25, 2021 3:09 PM
Jun 2021
miniika said:
They tried to match the LN, and that was an admirable sentiment, but is anyone really saying "yeah the anime was great, so you can skip the LN and start after the anime"? No, of course not. They're hating on the anime like crazy. So, really there wasn't any point in trying to be faithful, was there?

They should have just made it a single 13 episode season, Kumoko only, with high quality 2D animation. As a LN reader, the part where she's in the labyrinth and not OP yet is the best part of the series anyway, IMO the series is still good but goes downhill after that, and it loses even more after volume 7.

Considering that she escapes the labyrinth in episode 12 even in the existing anime with the human parts, and that cutting out the humans actually saves a LOT of time (for example ep 3 is almost all human), they could have fleshed out her battles and thoughts a lot more and had an amazing season.

Sure, in this alternate reality the purist fanbois would be complaining how unfaithful the anime was, but they're already complaining now, so screw them, their opinions aren't worth considering. Everyone else would have been loving the show and it would have brought in a bunch of LN readers... If only.

The best part is the labyrinth ? Are you a WN reader ?
Jun 25, 2021 3:27 PM
Jan 2010
thepath said:
Animation was fine for me in episode 23 and 22. It did not bother me

I hope it won't take long. I also hope they announce 2nd season !!

Same here animation didn't bother me. But I do wanna see next episode
Jun 25, 2021 3:35 PM
Jun 2021
ForTheHorde17 said:
thepath said:
Animation was fine for me in episode 23 and 22. It did not bother me

I hope it won't take long. I also hope they announce 2nd season !!

Same here animation didn't bother me. But I do wanna see next episode

Same for me ^^ I'm enjoying the story and the small modifications.
Jun 25, 2021 3:37 PM

Feb 2014
Hm, so it was due to production issues the last episode is now delayed.

Well, from episode 16 or 17 onward indeed the animation/art quality noticeably started to drop.

The anime is very fun in my opinion (I have watched til episode 21). I hope they manage to sort out a way to overcome the situation.
Jun 25, 2021 3:38 PM
Mar 2021
miniika said:

the reason i watch Kumoko because there is Shun, ofc Both Kumoko and Shun are important for now. I thought it will be like Manga, but it took from LN gladly (I read it after i realize the different). I stop read the Manga after few chapters cuz it's boring also looks like a rip off if it's all about Kumoko POV only.

It's not like i like Shun, but he and his party give me something different perspective like Human & Elf are bad side, Demon is good side, they are just naive to know the truth. The war also connect timeline each other.

For example : Kumoko is causing a war but Elf has a plan to kidnap/kill Sophia, Now Sophia is using Hugo to destroy Elf Village while Kumoko... Yeah she is in somewhere preparing a suprise but sadly it gets postponed.
Shimura27Jun 25, 2021 3:41 PM
Jun 25, 2021 3:52 PM

Sep 2019
This is so infuriating, this studio shouldn't be allowed any other anime projects in the future. Honestly this series deserves a better studio.
Jun 25, 2021 4:13 PM

Mar 2014
Milipensee at it again...
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jun 25, 2021 5:16 PM
Jul 2016
Producers to Everyone:

So this is a Delay, So What?
Jun 25, 2021 5:18 PM
May 2020
miniika said:

Well this is a hot take...

Turning the series into a single 13 episode season with only Kumoko would be a bad idea. It would have rendered the series into an average battle shounen like the manga. Maybe it would have convinced people to buy the LN, but they would quickly drop it after finding out that it was different from their expectations (considering that mystery is a bigger part of the light novel). In fact, I think the anime already had a similar disservice with all the character changes.

The labyrinth is in my opinion, one of the weakest parts of the series. It lacks the intriguing plot and characters that make most LN readers love the series. Also, calling her OP is wrong because she frequently faces threats that make her struggle. Changing the structure of the story is unnecessary, and merely getting it right would be good enough.
Jun 25, 2021 6:05 PM

Feb 2013
Lol "production issues". Understatement of the year.
Probably decided they didn't have enough CG.
Jun 25, 2021 6:16 PM
Mar 2021
Delay? Not really mind though... Sure it must better and more epic then before
Jun 25, 2021 6:47 PM

Mar 2021
This is the studio that trashed the Berserk anime adaptation. they know how to adapt the source material pretty well, but they wouldn't know how to do good animation if it slapped them in the face

Jun 25, 2021 6:53 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This is a big shame, the quality was pretty bad the last few episodes but I was still enjoying the show, although I’m willing to wait and I hope the final episode turns out good as a result.
Jun 25, 2021 7:03 PM

Jun 2019
Piromysl said:
According to official Twitter account, final episode will be delayed due to production issues.
No new date has been given yet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kumoko_anime/status/1407987676557418499

Must have been unfathomably abysmal considering the attrocious animation that they released in previous episodes.
Blue_MaroonJun 25, 2021 7:06 PM
Jun 25, 2021 8:03 PM
Aug 2018
My Kumoko!!! Whyyy? 😭😭😭
Only 1 episode left you know? Why? 😭😭😭
But i only waiting for episode released
Jun 25, 2021 8:09 PM

Jul 2014
What? You don't do that to a human being :(
Jun 25, 2021 8:19 PM
Aug 2018
I new create my account... And this my first post
Jun 25, 2021 8:25 PM
Mar 2021
Muhammad_Azril14 said:
My Kumoko!!! Whyyy? 😭😭😭
maybe they want an epic ending for Kumoko or better animation on episode 24.
Jun 25, 2021 8:31 PM

Jan 2018
the whole second arc should have been delayed due to production issues, the 3d animation sucked really bad
Jun 25, 2021 8:37 PM

Jan 2018
I wish that instead of the usual recaps that the studios do when they can't met the deadlines we could get for example interviews with the creators and animators or maybe even a completely unrelated ova like "we couldn't finish the episode on time but some of our animators created this free lance project 3 years ago and we would like to show you this instead"
and I also wish more studios would do proper recaps like when a second season is coming out, specially if it's been years since the first one then they could post a recap for everyone that has a very bad memory
Jun 25, 2021 8:43 PM

Mar 2021
I wish that when they announce an anime like this that they are almost done or completely done instead of working on it at a weekly basis, the quality would rise dramatically like that and avoid the crunch to get out a half ass effort, especially for a new studio this just gives them a bad look. This is unlikely for weekly shows like one piece but for the seasonals this would be soo much better and give us a much better product

Jun 25, 2021 9:17 PM

Jul 2009
I think the author realized the mass confusion caused by episode 1-23 and is rewriting the 24th episode so the first season makes enough sense by itself so viewers will think "eureka!"
It will still leave enough information out to make everyone who watched the anime (despite the bad animation and CGI) will be salivating for a second season.
Or at least this is my hope.
Jun 25, 2021 10:16 PM
May 2018
Honestly I was surprised when the show went for 24 consecutive eps. I feel kinda sad now thinking how hard the staff must've been working to get each ep out.
I don't expect the final ep to suddenly be some Unlimited Blade Works action-fest or have crazy story/character progress. As long as it makes us want some more Kumoko then its done its job.

abyss_will said:
I wish that instead of the usual recaps that the studios do when they can't met the deadlines we could get for example interviews with the creators and animators

Yeah. it should be mandatory to do one of these for 2cour shows to give them a little breathing room.
Also have the VA's in there. Kumoko has been pulling this show along like a champ. Say whatever you want about the show, Yuuki Aoi really hit it out of the park.
But I guess this stuff is normally reserved for DVD extras and net shows.
Jun 25, 2021 11:08 PM

Jul 2011
DatRandomDude said:
ChibiSaya said:
The 3D was horrible but that's to be expected when you use freaking Millepensee of all studio's to do them. I watched this for Kumoko only anyways so the human side was not interesting for me to begin with but goddamn that was horrible
Millepensee does the 2D, the studio who's making the 3D is Exsa.

Guess I'm mistaken about what D it is then, but I do meant the parts Millepensee did, its just afwul. Those weird face shots of 2-3 characters, those running shots, the dead elf bodies that seem to have been placed on different layers and so on. I'm probably not explaining it correctly but I do think most people will understand what I mean.
Jun 26, 2021 12:38 AM
Aug 2018
Shimura27 said:
Muhammad_Azril14 said:
My Kumoko!!! Whyyy? 😭😭😭
maybe they want an epic ending for Kumoko or better animation on episode 24.
Whatever it is, I'll still be looking forward to it... But I have high hopes for better animation
Jun 26, 2021 3:42 AM
May 2018
Can't wait to see the end of episode
Jun 26, 2021 4:43 AM
Nov 2019
They really killed the hype successfuly..😂😂😂
Jun 26, 2021 5:02 AM
May 2020
Man the last two episodes the spider didn't even got screen time – and now this! The delay must better be worth it.
Jun 26, 2021 6:14 AM
Apr 2018
I think the biggest problem that they are fighting with is that there is simply not enough time within a 24 min episode to tell any form of a satisfying ending even though it is guaranteed to be a cliffhanger.

At most they either have enough time to do arachne and sophia plot or have some sort of resolution with the elves, there isn't time to both. If you skip either then it will just won't even be a cliffhanger it will just be an unfinished story.
Jun 26, 2021 6:34 AM
Jun 2021
CommanderZx2 said:
I think the biggest problem that they are fighting with is that there is simply not enough time within a 24 min episode to tell any form of a satisfying ending even though it is guaranteed to be a cliffhanger.

At most they either have enough time to do arachne and sophia plot or have some sort of resolution with the elves, there isn't time to both. If you skip either then it will just won't even be a cliffhanger it will just be an unfinished story.

No matter what, it will be an unfinished story if there's no season 2.
Jun 26, 2021 8:46 AM

Jul 2015
This_Dude0 said:

Lots of people set their score prematurely, because they thought it ended.

Jun 26, 2021 12:27 PM
Mar 2014
Maybe it's just me, but I prefer they spend a bit more time getting the last episode to the best quality possible than release it and have it end on a bad note. Also, while it's true that we did have some bad CGI (notably that monkey episode in the first part, episode where Shun and co have to fight Katia who is being controlled and like 2 episodes back (or maybe 3, can't remember)), the anime has been pretty well done overall.

The first part inclusive of the Araba fight was fantastic and the second part even with some of the animation dips (it's mind boggling how 75-80% of the episode might be fantastic then the last bit goes into bad CGI or stills, but w/e) was still great. So long as this last episode doesn't go full terrible CGI with stills and we finally get the lady in white talking and get a good place to finish out, I'd still say this was pretty successful.

I'm hoping for a second season, but even if we don't get one, I'm heavily considering reading the LN after this is over.
Jun 26, 2021 2:38 PM

Dec 2007
Piromysl said:
This_Dude0 said:

Lots of people set their score prematurely, because they thought it ended.

nope, the +0.15 is a score change following the end of an anime. People having not watched smth like 30% of the anime (don't remember the exact rule) have their vote not accounted in the mean score. Thus people that disliked the 1-2 first episodes (e.g because of cgi) and voting 1/10 won't biaised the mean score.

But as the final episode didn't air, it returned to 7.32, so the score boost will have to wait.

Jun 26, 2021 3:17 PM

Jun 2012
Production issues? lol there's been production issues since the show started they should have used the delay sooner so that we would have better episodes... now we have a last episode delayed which will be the only episode which will benefit from the delay
Jun 26, 2021 8:45 PM
Apr 2018
They could be re-doing the last episode for another reason..

They might be giving it an Anime only ending... As in, no Second season...

Hope not, but who knows..

I watch the Anime for the story and Kumo's VA. I was getting my GCI/Animation hits from Vivy.
Jun 26, 2021 9:05 PM

Oct 2008
This anime was supposed to be a superior version of the "SLIME" anime, but so far it has been lacking.
Jun 27, 2021 12:09 AM

Jan 2008
Regarding the use of CG, I don't mind it too much when it's Kumiko, animals or monsters, but when it's the human characters, it significantly fails when compared to the original 2D drawn scenes, and it's not so much the modeling as it is the animating. For an example, consider some of Arc System Works' recent 3D fighting games, the CG looks good because the animations are done in such a way that they look more like they were drawn by hand, even going as far as to mimic the proper frame rate, which sadly they don't do very well in this anime. The other issue is when they switch from 2D drawing to CG models, it makes sense to use them during intense fight scenes, but when the characters are literally standing there doing absolutely nothing, you have a serious problem with production.
Jun 27, 2021 3:51 AM
Apr 2011
Dang. And here I kept trying to look for it on different sites — thinking it’s the sites that delayed in posting.

Thanks for the repost
Jun 27, 2021 4:47 AM

Apr 2016
The last episode was more like: Shin Desu ga, Nani ka? lol
May your roads lead you to warm sands.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

365 by perfumegenius »»
Apr 15, 10:50 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

11 by Valenstine »»
Mar 29, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

331 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 5, 2:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.