Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 23, 2021 11:33 AM
Apr 2021
Just finished SAO and I enjoyed the first season. Before I started I thought the 3 seasons were gonna be then trying to beat SAO, but quickly realized that was false after ep 14-15. Kinda felt like the second half, while it was pretty enjoyable, just didn’t have the same feel. And I see the second season is another one where kirito has to go into another game over again. Just wanted to know if it’s actually worth the watch?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 23, 2021 11:34 AM

Jun 2016
I think sinon is worth it.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jun 23, 2021 11:44 AM
Apr 2020
season 3 makes up for all the bad parts. it’s really good, imo of course
Jun 23, 2021 11:49 AM
Oct 2017
I'm a massive SAO fuckboy so my answer is definitely yes. But in all seriousness, you'll never know until you watch it. In my opinion at least give S2 a shot. S3 is a bit iffy but the end of S3 is really good.
Oct 2017
I'm a massive SAO fuckboy so my answer is definitely yes. But in all seriousness, you'll never know until you watch it. In my opinion at least give S2 a shot. S3 is a bit iffy but the end of S3 is really good.
Apr 2021
Yes I think its absolutely worth continueing
Jun 23, 2021 11:51 AM
Feb 2021
I think that you should watch first half of second season another half was just disappoitment then just jump to aliciazation
Jun 23, 2021 11:52 AM
Jan 2021
Yes, it's all connected and leads to Alicization Arc, witch has the best plot and the best waifu. If you want Ainrad Arc more detailed, read SAO Progressive or wait the movie.
Jun 23, 2021 11:53 AM
Senpai

May 2021
Yes do it. I still do not understand the low rating of the second season, because i liked the setting with the guns.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jun 23, 2021 11:53 AM
Jan 2021
Yes, it’s really worth finishing.
Jun 23, 2021 11:54 AM

Oct 2020
I'm on the same boat as you, enjoyed the first half of s1 but declines after. I heard s2 is worse than s1, but I'd have to watch for myself to find out. If you enjoy the premise I'd say its worth continuing, I know SAO fans say the later parts are a lot better too.
Jun 23, 2021 11:54 AM
Jan 2021
Arthagrawal said:
I think that you should watch first half of second season another half was just disappoitment then just jump to aliciazation

Hell, just no, Mother's Rosario Arc is wonderful, my second favorite arc, and Yuuki is a precious little angel.
Jun 23, 2021 11:56 AM
Jan 2021
Honestly, even tho it has bad parts I still like it and if they can pull of something with the movie and the sequel of the anime itself I think it could be more watchable
Jun 23, 2021 12:05 PM
Nov 2020
Imo dont watch the rest. It only gets worse and worse in my experience. The characters are bland, kirito is annoying asf, villain is bad. The only good part imo is season 1
Jun 23, 2021 12:13 PM
Jun 2017
No... SAO is just horrible
Jun 23, 2021 12:18 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
@Chrisx8 If you enjoyed it thus far that what's important, anyone commenting that it's crap(
Hageli98 said:
Imo dont watch the rest. It only gets worse and worse in my experience. The characters are bland, kirito is annoying asf, villain is bad. The only good part imo is season 1
)
has kinda missed the point of your question😅. To answer I think each cannon arc after alhfeim (the second half of S1) gradually improve on the story and in alicazation you can really see how the writing style has improved and characters have grown increasingly better realised.

With that said the harem aspect is handled god awfully, the film is a bit medicore and war of Underworlds p2 is thrash that actively spoils everything part 1 set up, however to reiterate, if you felt you enjoyed S1, which u seem to of, then yes countinue on, you haven't seen the best it has to offer just yet😉😉.
Jun 23, 2021 12:19 PM

Feb 2021
I haven’t watched past the 1st season; I’ve heard many not so good things about the 2nd season lol. I’ve heard Alicization was good though, so maybe you could tough it out until then.
Jun 23, 2021 12:24 PM

Jul 2015
The quality drop between 1st and 2nd season is huge. We are talking about TPN2 level of drop.
But first half of Alicization is phenomenal, so if you endure massive cringe and bullshit, you'll be rewarded.

Jun 23, 2021 12:29 PM

Aug 2020
Well second season is really bad but alicization and the rest are pretty good
Jun 23, 2021 12:43 PM

Oct 2020
Second season is boring as hell, third season is peak SAO, and 4th feels rushed but is pretty good as the first half of SAO

"Hard work is worthless for those that don’t believe in themselves" - Naruto Uzumaki
Jun 23, 2021 1:03 PM
Aug 2020
I watched seasons 1 and 2 but it weren't so good after they first time got out from SAO second season was still good but not as much
Jun 23, 2021 1:11 PM

Apr 2016
As a SAO fan i say that is worth but I'd recommend you to read the light novel cause the anime adaptation is just bad.

Jun 23, 2021 1:13 PM
Jan 2021
watch the GGO spin-off
Jun 23, 2021 2:08 PM

Oct 2020
yeah if you want to but ggo that happens in s2, is the worst arc in sao by far. it was so boring and kirito looked so bad with long hair. s3 and s4 are not that bad but it’s nothing compared to aincrad. asuna having almost no screentime was a big mistake imo (after s1).

Jun 23, 2021 2:10 PM
Jan 2021
If you made it past pt 2 of the first season 2 you’ll at least be entertained by SAO II. It’s not a hallmark of modern writing or whatever, but it’s dumb and fun entertainment.

SAO Alicization however, hoo boy.

One of the most fun times I’ve ever had watching an anime. OPs are all so amazing, the writing is good, at the very least competent. It’s genuinely a good time, and I’d gladly rewatch. If you at least had fun watching this season of SAO, with its shotty writing, pacing, character development and all of its stupid flaws, then you’ll absolutely love Alicization for all that it redeems. Go ahead and watch SAO II and just know that you’re in for a treat after that.
Jun 23, 2021 2:17 PM

Jan 2021
well the game in S2 is based on actual guns, so if you're into apex and stuff like that, it's pretty dope. even has a battle royal.
heads up tho, the second half of S2 is set completely in ALfheim.
Jun 23, 2021 3:16 PM
Feb 2021
Just be done with it
Jun 23, 2021 3:21 PM

Jul 2020
Look. If you actually enjoyed Fairy dance(Second part of season 1) its almost a given you'll enjoy everything else. As long as you liked SAO for the characters and not the story. In that case, just skip to alicization as its the best SAO season ignoring War of underworld.

As a huge SAO fucktard I enjoyed all the seasons except the last one and the Fairy dance.

However, keep your head up, as we are getting SAO progressive. Which is just the first 14 episodes of SAO but much, much better.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Jun 23, 2021 4:01 PM
May 2016
I stopped liking SAO after Kirkton decided to go marry asuna and adopt a cyber child in the middle of the fucking virtual hunger games, do dumb, and it kept getting dumber and "badder". Eventually dropped shortly after gun gale arc ended. It is not good. It's just eye candy with pretty animation, enjoyable fight scenes and tons of "plot". There are better shows to spend your time in
Jun 23, 2021 4:17 PM
Dec 2020
Season 2 isn’t good in my opinion but it’s worth it for the other seasons and go on google to search the watch order
Jun 23, 2021 4:43 PM
Nov 2020
Mr_Giraffa said:
Arthagrawal said:

Hell, just no, Mother's Rosario Arc is wonderful, my second favorite arc, and Yuuki is a precious little angel.

I loved that arc too, and I agree
Jun 23, 2021 4:56 PM
Jan 2021
AnimeLeviathan said:
Look. If you actually enjoyed Fairy dance(Second part of season 1) its almost a given you'll enjoy everything else. As long as you liked SAO for the characters and not the story. In that case, just skip to alicization as its the best SAO season ignoring War of underworld.

As a huge SAO fucktard I enjoyed all the seasons except the last one and the Fairy dance.

However, keep your head up, as we are getting SAO progressive. Which is just the first 14 episodes of SAO but much, much better.

I'm curious, how you consider Alicization the best Arc without liking the War Of Underworld segment? They are literally the same. One big arc that consists of 10 LN volumes (9-18).
Mr_GiraffaJun 23, 2021 5:08 PM
Jun 23, 2021 4:57 PM

Oct 2019
If you've made it this far and like what you've seen, you might as well dive into seasons 2 and 3. IMO, the first part of season 3 is the apex of the series so far.
Jun 23, 2021 4:58 PM
Sep 2019
Yeah, the war of underworld was awesome in the latter half
Jun 23, 2021 5:17 PM
Sep 2015
After season 2 I quit watching because I thought it was all going to be downhill from there but was so wrong. Season 2 isn't the worst what ordinal scale, alicization and war of underworld are so amazing!!
CONTINUE!!!
Cassiestar88Jun 23, 2021 5:23 PM
Jun 23, 2021 5:37 PM
Apr 2021
Mr_Giraffa said:
Yes, it's all connected and leads to Alicization Arc, witch has the best plot and the best waifu. If you want Ainrad Arc more detailed, read SAO Progressive or wait the movie.
Hollup Asuna the best waifu, don’t tell me they got rid of her ?
Jun 23, 2021 5:47 PM
Jan 2021
Chrisx8 said:
Mr_Giraffa said:
Hollup Asuna the best waifu, don’t tell me they got rid of her ?

Don't worry, Asuna is and always will be the main heroine. She may lose some spotlight in some parts, but she still relevante, and she also was my waifu until Alicization, but then i met Alice, but i still love Asuna. Anyways, along with Monogatari Series, SAO is the only anime that i have two waifus, because i love both Asuna and Alice.
Jun 23, 2021 5:51 PM

Jul 2020
Mr_Giraffa said:
AnimeLeviathan said:

I'm curious, how you consider Alicization the best Arc without liking the War Of Underworld segment? They are literally the same. One big arc that consists of 10 LN volumes (9-18).

Alicization actually takes a break from OP Kiritio in which only worked for aincrad, instead they replaced OP Kirito with the great Eugeo, Kirito bromance.

Not much bullshit either. And the plot is really interesting. Then we get to WOU.... First part of WOU was alright I guess, but the 2nd part has too much bullshit. Took the "Friend comes back to life virtually" way too literally and actually made him come to life and help Kirito with no explaination. Like atleast if they had some reasoning behind why that happended I wouldn't be saying shit.

Not to mention that WOU part 2 continues Kirito's harem once again.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Jun 23, 2021 6:01 PM
Oct 2019
I love SAO and enjoyed every season but the anime adaption is mid compared to the light novels. Since your enjoying SAO, I suggest you keep watching because you will most likely enjoy it.
Jun 23, 2021 6:03 PM
Jan 2021
AnimeLeviathan said:
Mr_Giraffa said:

Alicization actually takes a break from OP Kiritio in which only worked for aincrad, instead they replaced OP Kirito with the great Eugeo, Kirito bromance.

Not much bullshit either. And the plot is really interesting. Then we get to WOU.... First part of WOU was alright I guess, but the 2nd part has too much bullshit. Took the "Friend comes back to life virtually" way too literally and actually made him come to life and help Kirito with no explaination. Like atleast if they had some reasoning behind why that happended I wouldn't be saying shit.

Not to mention that WOU part 2 continues Kirito's harem once again.

Well, i understand what are you saying, but WoU segment is the great clímax of Alicization Arc, and all these things have explanation, they just were cutted of the anime adapptation (don't know why), but as i say is understandable. And what harem? Sword Art Online isn't a harem and never was. More than on girl likes Kazuto (Asuna and Rika, former Suguha), yes, but he only loves Asuna, this way you can consider even Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso or Clannad for example a harem.
Jun 23, 2021 6:20 PM
Apr 2021
Okay, I honestly don’t know why people dump on SAO. I have enjoyed just about every second of it so far. The only part that I can see people struggling with is alicesazation. The first part is kinda slow, and has a cringe worthy scene in my opinion. Lol but over all I’d say 9/10
Jun 23, 2021 6:30 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Chrisx8 said:
Just finished SAO and I enjoyed the first season. Before I started I thought the 3 seasons were gonna be then trying to beat SAO, but quickly realized that was false after ep 14-15. Kinda felt like the second half, while it was pretty enjoyable, just didn’t have the same feel. And I see the second season is another one where kirito has to go into another game over again. Just wanted to know if it’s actually worth the watch?
Chrisx8 said:
In my opinion yes it’s definitely worth to continue watching. I’ve been through the whole series a couple times just because I’ve wanted to watch it full all the way after seasons finished. It was one of the first anime’s I really got into and once I saw the first season I was pretty much hooked and I can say it only gets better. There are a lot of haters who say it’s trash or not worth the watch, but if you really liked season 1, then I can promise you it only gets better, but if you end up not liking it that’s okay too. It’s not for everyone. Just trust me the animation only gets better as it goes along.
Jun 23, 2021 6:48 PM

Jan 2021
Chrisx8 said:
Yea, you should definitely continue it, personally I enjoyed all the seasons of SAO, Hope u will do the same, the 2nd season is about GGO where Kirito kinda shows off in front of noobs so u can look forward to that 😏, also Shinon is worth it...recommend u to watch everything
Jun 23, 2021 6:55 PM
Aug 2020
Yes, Alicization and WOU are so much better than s1 and s2
Jun 23, 2021 7:28 PM

Sep 2018
Yeah so I enjoyed the series quite a bit. In my opinion Season 1’s first half was solid then the second half was pretty decent. S2 was watchable but was quite a bit of a turn for the series. S3 and 4 is where the series really starts to shine again though so I’ll definitely say it’s worth it, apart from S1 Part 1, Aliciazation and War for the Underworld are great and even better than S1 to me.
Jun 23, 2021 7:48 PM
Jun 2020
Chrisx8 said:
The first arc of SAOII is enjoyable and Alicization is totally worth it.
Jun 23, 2021 8:14 PM
Mar 2021
Krns said:
I'm on the same boat as you, enjoyed the first half of s1 but declines after. I heard s2 is worse than s1, but I'd have to watch for myself to find out. If you enjoy the premise I'd say its worth continuing, I know SAO fans say the later parts are a lot better too.
Season 2 gets a lot of hate, but honestly the first part of season 2 (GGO) was one of my favorite arcs. The second part just sort of felt like filler
Jun 24, 2021 12:09 AM
Apr 2021
Worth continue because Sao Alicezation was very good and sad
Apr 2021
Apr 2021
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

59 by SaveStyle »»
Yesterday, 10:18 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

67 by TwigzLIVE »»
Yesterday, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

734 by Lionwing »»
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.