Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 23, 2021 10:00 AM

Apr 2017
I liked that the post-credits scene was where the final episode ended, but I have read in many places mixed opinions of it. Some people felt like the post-credits scene ruined the ending, like, saying it was pretty much an unnecessary happy ending, saying it could have ended perfectly without it. Others say they liked the way the post-credits scene finished the story. I'm curious about your opinion on it.
No community will be as misunderstood as the furry community. Uh... I guess?
Jun 23, 2021 10:05 AM
May 2020
I would've liked it less than I do now if that's the case. My main problem is the credit scene. The credit scene was SO weak for me. They could just put a rolling credit and play the last 1/3 of "Sing My Pleasure" (because the lyric and tone in that part was quite emotional) yet they decided to do a slow-paced instrumental song and slow-paced credit. The post-credit scene is carrying it back.

wait why am i venting here, this has nothing to do with the topic
Jun 23, 2021 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
Doesnt really matter for me, both ways can be impactful if done right. I don’t really have an opinion when it comes to the ending, it’s just there...Vivy as a whole for me was just there, barely had any impact, probably cuz I thought the series didn’t try to create anything new when it comes to AI apocalypse themes that we’ve seen thousands of times.
Jun 23, 2021 11:23 AM

Mar 2016
I think the post-credits scene made it better. Besides the obvious reason (a generally happier ending for those who have grown attached to Vivy and Matsumoto and want to see them continue their existence in some manner), it also delivers on Matsumoto’s wish in episode 10 that he and Vivy may cross paths again in a future where there is no war.

It’s still a bittersweet ending because the Vivy we have come to know is lost forever, but this new Vivy finally has a chance to fulfill the mission she was originally designed for, this time free of all the death and despair the original Vivy had to experience.

It’s a beautiful ending honestly. Don’t know why so many people have issues with it.
Jun 23, 2021 12:25 PM
Apr 2021
I think i would have enjoyed it more if it ended with death because now i desire answers to what happened after. Its fine though, I'll endure it
Jun 23, 2021 1:29 PM

Jul 2020
It won't affect me when the ending was already meh and predictable.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 23, 2021 1:50 PM

Jul 2016
The post-credits scene is fake to me anw, so it doesn't matter haha
Jun 23, 2021 3:14 PM
Apr 2017
Vivy got confirmed hit by the personality eraser virus, so it does not matter, it's not our Vivy.

It's not a full happy ending for our Vivy, other than the fact that she died doing her mission.
Jun 23, 2021 3:35 PM

Jun 2021
I liked post credits scene so much. Its in my top5 now
You are amazing 『Natsuki Subaru』
Jun 23, 2021 4:56 PM

Mar 2016
BlakexEkalb said:
Scordolo said:

You know what is also predictable? Haikyuu and My Hero Academia. Predictable isn’t bad, especially when it’s done WELL, which it did in Vivy’s case.

Basically what I wanted to say. For some reason people are always looking for endings with mind-bending twists or defy their expectations in some way, while disregarding the fact that an expected/predictable but fitting ending that serves as a proper culmination of the events and themes introduced in the series is just as good an ending.
Jun 23, 2021 5:10 PM
Oct 2020
Judgment526 said:
I think the post-credits scene made it better. Besides the obvious reason (a generally happier ending for those who have grown attached to Vivy and Matsumoto and want to see them continue their existence in some manner), it also delivers on Matsumoto’s wish in episode 10 that he and Vivy may cross paths again in a future where there is no war.

It’s still a bittersweet ending because the Vivy we have come to know is lost forever, but this new Vivy finally has a chance to fulfill the mission she was originally designed for, this time free of all the death and despair the original Vivy had to experience.

It’s a beautiful ending honestly. Don’t know why so many people have issues with it.

Just to add to this, I want to point out Vivy’s last words before she sang. They were her answers to what she believed to be a “heart” which were her memories, which shaped who she was.

The lyrics of her song also tie along with this. They described her struggles and experiences that she had gained throughout her 100 year journey, recorded through her eyes. Within the lyrics, she also says her goodbye and thank you. I could only assume she’s talking about her heart here and all the people responsible for them. She describes her shattered dreams, knowing that her mission of making people happy could no longer continue, and to understand that sadness she recorded them with her memories. And even if the eyes she recorded her memories are gone and she loses her heart, in other words, she dies, she knows that she had made an impact on the future. However, she still feels sad seeing that she wishes to keep looking.

That brings me to the name of the episode as well actually, “Fluorite Eye’s song”. Fluorite is a material used in camera lenses, and is very beautiful as well. Since Vivy is an AI, her eyes would actually be made of Fluorite to be cameras. It’s why in many scenes throughout the show we see these hyper detailed images of them, which resemble the mineral.

In case you didn’t put two and two together yet, “Flourite Eye’s song” is named that because it’s a song gathering her past memories and showing them to the world through the view of her Fluorite Eyes.

It becomes ironic to the audience however, since we see these memories wiped from her. The one and only time Vivy sang with her memories, her “heart”, she loses it. We see when she performed the song that those memories are shown out on the screen, perhaps that symbolized Vivy losing those memories as she sang?

Hopefully I wasn’t too redundant during that, but I really do feel as if the ending with Vivy losing her memories is truly beautiful considering the lyrics of her song and what she believed.
Jun 23, 2021 5:25 PM

Aug 2020
I really prefer the post credit scene in this show. It make the show have a positive ending to it and shows that the world is alright and god.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Jun 23, 2021 8:28 PM

Jan 2020
I don't mind either way. I think I still would have positive thoughts on the series overall and I think that's what matters

Jun 23, 2021 9:02 PM

Jul 2020
MegaStride said:
Scordolo said:

You know what is also predictable? Haikyuu and My Hero Academia. Predictable isn’t bad, especially when it’s done WELL, which it did in Vivy’s case.

What do you even gain to point out my favourites?Only assholes and those with superiority complex do that.So many people are saying "It's a masterpiece" when it's technically not.The word "Masterpiece" has nearly lost it's meaning when people just throw it around everywhere.Also,the ending doesn't even make sense.Just because the visuals and the song is beautiful doesn't make it a perfect ending.The ending already has many flaws.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 23, 2021 10:12 PM

Sep 2020
MegaStride said:
Scordolo said:

I just noticed you are the same guy who made a forum in anime discussion section about what is the best anime so far , Attack on Titan received most votes then you change the name from AOT to Vivy , That's really a pathetic move to make every one convenience Vivy is a masterpiece , Vivy is not the best anime of this season by any means. It's a good show but compare to wit other previous project it's mid show.
ZXEANJun 23, 2021 10:46 PM
Jun 23, 2021 10:47 PM

Jul 2020
Zean_9435 said:
MegaStride said:

I just noticed you are the same guy who made a forum in anime discussion section about what is the best anime so far , Attack on Titan received most votes then you change the name from AOT to Vivy , That's really a pathetic move to make every one convenience Vivy is a masterpiece , Vivy is not the best anime of this season by any means. It's a good show but compare to wit other previous project it's mid show.

Exactly.It's a 7/10 at best.Not more than that.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 23, 2021 10:52 PM

Sep 2020
Scordolo said:
Zean_9435 said:

I have given it 8/10 based on my enjoyment . I like the animation and music , plot wise it's not a good show especially last 2 arcs although I enjoyed the last episode.
Jun 23, 2021 10:57 PM

Jul 2020
MegaStride said:
Scordolo said:

Your favorites list says everything I need to say

Lmao you don't know how to form an opinion so you take favorite shaming as your last resort.Why are you making yourself look more pathetic?

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 23, 2021 11:11 PM

Jan 2019
Eh doesn't really matter if it was changed or not, the ending was still pretty good for me. 9.5/10 for me atleast.
It took me 30 mins just to find a forum avatar lmao.
Jun 24, 2021 2:46 AM

Apr 2012
The post credit scene was a sign that her adventure continues as Vivy 2.0
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jun 24, 2021 10:03 AM
May 2011
I think it's good. The point of the post credits scene, imo, wasn't to show that Vivy survived. She's not the same Vivy. Her personality was erased again. It's to show that the mission was successful. That humanity survived, and that if nothing else, these two AI could peacefully coexist with humanity.
Jun 24, 2021 10:07 AM
May 2011
Janethan23 said:

That's a nice thought, but it sounds like sequel bait and I felt the opposite. It gave a finality to the story. The Singularity project is concluded, and AI and humanity coexist.
Jun 24, 2021 4:52 PM

Apr 2012
BubblegumSenpai said:
Janethan23 said:

That's a nice thought, but it sounds like sequel bait and I felt the opposite. It gave a finality to the story. The Singularity project is concluded, and AI and humanity coexist.

I should've elaborated more...
When I said her adventure continues I meant as a free individual no longer burdened with the weight if the world. Vivy earned the chance to exist as 2.0 to live a fresh life normally and experience the adventure called life.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jun 25, 2021 1:23 AM
Jul 2020
Scordolo said:
MegaStride said:

What do you even gain to point out my favourites?Only assholes and those with superiority complex do that.So many people are saying "It's a masterpiece" when it's technically not.The word "Masterpiece" has nearly lost it's meaning when people just throw it around everywhere.Also,the ending doesn't even make sense.Just because the visuals and the song is beautiful doesn't make it a perfect ending.The ending already has many flaws.
I mean your favorites are also meh and predictable. So going off that, Vivy should be up there with your favorites.

Also, can you explain how it's not technically a masterpiece?
Jun 25, 2021 1:25 PM
May 2009
I think that would have been too cruel; at least let her finish the song!

It's mostly fine. The last scene is much more calm but I mean something good should happen in the end given all the bad stuff that did happen and I didn't really want the last image of the show to be our heroine collapsed on the floor, dead. Even in shows where the hero dies, they usually get at least a satisfied look on their face. Not here.

Though what is common with these things that bother people is it's intentionally ambiguous, and I get that.
Jun 25, 2021 3:17 PM
Aug 2020
Judgment526 said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Basically what I wanted to say. For some reason people are always looking for endings with mind-bending twists or defy their expectations in some way, while disregarding the fact that an expected/predictable but fitting ending that serves as a proper culmination of the events and themes introduced in the series is just as good an ending.
you are more than right
Jun 25, 2021 3:19 PM
Aug 2020
FrostXC3 said:
Scordolo said:

I mean your favorites are also meh and predictable. So going off that, Vivy should be up there with your favorites.

Also, can you explain how it's not technically a masterpiece?
calm down bro, everyone can clearly see who has superiority complex here...get a life
Jul 27, 2021 10:24 PM
Feb 2017
I loved the end credit scene at least we know she can still fulfill her mission
Aug 2, 2021 4:16 AM
Sep 2012
the story should have kept vivy memory i guess she will just start recovery again XD

please don't think that is A.I haven that's like worser..
Aug 2, 2021 4:22 AM

Apr 2020
[No matter how it ended, I still don't like it (your vote)] since the entire last episode was so generic
Aug 2, 2021 11:09 AM
Feb 2017
DefeatingMe said:
[No matter how it ended, I still don't like it (your vote)] since the entire last episode was so generic

Ngl the irony of having Naruto and MHA in your favorites is quite hilarious

Just because something is “generic” doesn’t mean bad, pea brain.
Aug 2, 2021 6:06 PM

Apr 2020
MegaStride said:
DefeatingMe said:

Ngl the irony of having Naruto and MHA in your favorites is quite hilarious

Just because something is “generic” doesn’t mean bad, pea brain.

Ah ofc, classic line. Funny how you cry over a small thing

Being generic is not a bad thing if it's still fun to watch
but if it's just become tiring to see, that's when it gets bad

you see? smart guy?

edit: fixed some dumb grammar
DefeatingMeAug 2, 2021 6:30 PM
Aug 3, 2021 2:52 AM
Jan 2021
Its doesn't matter because the ending turned it to be my favorite anime ever!!
Aug 3, 2021 1:45 PM
Aug 2019
Nah bro , ending it with vivy's death would literally tear me apart , probably going to make me freaking depressed for a week or so , im glad they showed us atleast some part of her still alive , i mean shes not fully herself which would make it a bittersweet ending , whichever ending it is , this anime will probably be one that ill remember in 10 years in the future :))
Aug 4, 2021 5:05 AM
Apr 2019
The post credit scene was a bad attempt to make a happy ending on my opinion, Vivy was forced to shutdown when she sang to shutdown the archive but has we can see with Beth there's no need to be connected to the archive to store data, so why did the Vivy in the end feel like just a random AI with her name and not actually Vivy when for what we know there should be a way to have an AI with Vivy's data bringing the sense that she was still alive, what we saw was Vivy not showing a connection to Matsumoto, something that wouldn't happen if she had her data, just proving Vivy actually "died", i couldn't really tell if that was actually Matsumoto or not as he did already act that way after Vivy froze on the metal float, but nonetheless ending right at the credits would give our imagination the chance to say that her data was recovered.
Aug 24, 2021 10:20 AM

Apr 2012
Scordolo said:
MegaStride said:

U don't have HeroAca in your favourites. He literally just guessed it. You're just insecure and stuck up. GTFO
Aug 28, 2021 12:14 PM

Jul 2019
Anguiltred said:
Some people felt like the post-credits scene ruined the ending, like, saying it was pretty much an unnecessary happy ending, saying it could have ended perfectly without it.

First of all you're misinterpreting it because that wasn't the same Vivy. Vivy is dead and cannot be copied because she's the only self-aware AI to ever exist. If Vivy could be revived then that's the same as saying people have become immortal because consciousness can be transferred. The story didn't care about this. Vivy died.

Second of all, the point was to show that humans and AI found peace in the future which was the entire point of the story. So it was obviously necessary to show it, otherwise it would be an open ending where people could be extremely traumatized by the AI and chose to live without them. This was not the purpose of the story and the post-credit scene made that clear.
Aug 30, 2021 8:39 AM

Mar 2020
Doesnt really matter...The ending was underwhelming and rushed..
Mainly because the final song too was quite meh...compared to vivy s previous songs tbh
NOt to mention no good action or something like that happened..It wasnt emotionally elevating like episode 6 for example.., A satisying answer to what the heart was not even given tbh...There were so many things the writer could have pulled of but what ever i guess
Sep 7, 2021 3:17 PM

Sep 2019
The post-credit scene is logically consistent with the plot and common sense. It's not like Vivy died and was revived all of a sudden, she just had her data wiped. She is, after all, a machine.

And it's a perfect ending for this story because this Vivy is not the Vivy we know, but basically, just a seedling of her consciousness in the form of a somewhat vague "mission". They're laying it thick but this is a smart ending.
heitooSep 7, 2021 3:31 PM
Oct 16, 2021 9:50 AM
Feb 2017
Doesnt really matter for me, both ways can be impactful if done right. I don’t really have an opinion when it comes to the ending, it’s just there...Vivy as a whole for me was just there, barely had any impact, probably cuz I thought the series didn’t try to create anything new when it comes to AI apocalypse themes that we’ve seen thousands of times.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

257 by Nextella »»
Today, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Jun 19, 2021

369 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

165 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2021

235 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2021

295 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 10:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.