Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2021 9:23 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cestvs, you had to scream because you need to take a bloody pee? Well, you fought hard during the arena matches, so it's only agreeable that you have a good rest.

The Lucky Man Felix came to check on Cestvs's condition, and gave him some pep talk before he leaves and gets his share of money. Testing Cestvs's luck for the final time, and that's some supernatural force at work with both skill and luck.

Crushing an apple with your bare hands is total concentration of strength, and Master Zafar demonstrated with inhumane strength after years of training.

Syracuse in Sicily, and the slave boxers have reached their next destination, as is lots of elite boxing fighters from around the region in diversity. The reunion with Roxanne and the prince Ruska is nice, but times have outgrown themselves, and the belittling of Cestvs is but a start. Even Emden makes a revival in the new age.

An OK show if you don't account for the major haphazard of an adaptation.
KANLen09Jun 23, 2021 11:57 AM
Jun 23, 2021 12:05 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
WTF is it really the last episode? So they skipped 100 chapters at the beginning and they end the anime in the middle of interesting events right before the fights in Sicily hmmm, I just want to read the manga at this point, too bad the anime was like that because I love the story :/
Jun 23, 2021 12:18 PM

Jun 2019
Man... doesn't it feel bad when a decently good story got shot down just because of its bad adaptation. I feel bad for this story. Tho, it might've been pretty decent but the way the animation was ruined it for most of the people.

The finals are here at Syracuse, Sicily, and Cestvs along with many strong-looking guys have made there into the games. Cestvs had an encounter with Ruska and looks like they're not on the same page. Emden is also here. Nice to see him back. Overall, this show could've been a lot better without the CG, I mean most of the 2D animation looked quite good but then again, I can see why they didn't want to animate it in 2D. All the animation budget restrictions kicking in.

I enjoyed the story up to some point but not the animation. Will try to go through the source material. And from the comments, I think they skipped a lot more stuff. So I'm just go gonna go ahead and read the manga.

Good story...
Good OST...
Bad animation.
Pre_YumJun 23, 2021 12:22 PM
Jun 23, 2021 12:21 PM
Sep 2015
I want to drink Cestvs blood straight from the source...

Anyway, urinating blood indicate serious health problem, you can't just use "it'll eventually get better" to this symptom.

Zafar still have his upper body strength. I hope his lower body will be good enough to take me in.

So what's next for this franchise?
Jun 23, 2021 12:42 PM

Jul 2017
Well as expected this ep was just more of a teaser for next time rather than anything climactic. Good transition if there ever is gonna be a 2nd season

Overall it wasn't too bad a series. Obviously it seems to be a really poor adaptation so sucks in that front but at least from what was shown it was fairly nice. I will say I think the pacing on the fight scenes (the one against the simp and the one that just finished) were actually really well done so props on that front

Cestvs: The CGI Fighter/10
Jun 23, 2021 12:59 PM

Dec 2015
Weird ending. As if they actually planned to make a 2nd season with the main tournament and slow pacing. With this fast pacing they could have well even made it even more fasater ... finishing the main tournament. Or adding some OVA or special episodes.

If this really ends here without another season ... then it is super bad. Givin 6/10 for now and I am not really looking forward to more though. (Though this would be perfect to start with the main tournamen tin slow pacing.)

For people that don't know them yet: I'd recommend Baki and Kengan Ashura as better fighting anime with tournament-style stuff.
Jun 23, 2021 1:41 PM

Nov 2013
i liked this episode and even though the adaptation was absolute dog shit i still kinda wanna see season 2
BUT
WHY THE ANIMATION SWITCH AGAIN? WHY????
Jun 23, 2021 2:57 PM
Apr 2020
is it only me or does the animation look much better than the previous 10 episodes?
only good thing i can take from this season...kinda disappointed that they ruined the amazing character development that the mangaka showed us...
Jun 23, 2021 4:03 PM
Nov 2020
Though the show ended on bit of a cliffhanger I fairly enjoyed watching it and hope for a season 2. I haven’t read the manga but most people seem to be highly disappointed in this adaptation of it and the CGI animation that was used. I don’t particularly care for the CGI but it didn’t bother me as much as it seemed to bother others. Hope they can get another season to boost the show’s reputation.
Jun 23, 2021 6:21 PM
Jul 2018
Last episode and it looks like it's going to be continued by the preview of the episode that's already a good thing I really liked the fights more the 3D It was something that animated the fights, and the end was cool to watch.
Jun 23, 2021 10:03 PM
Jul 2014
That "preview" at the end was weird... like if they were planning to announce a second season, but they did not get green light so they put just a bunch of scenes of this season to fill that fragment
Jun 24, 2021 2:30 AM

Jan 2013
So now the series just has straight up magic.
Jun 24, 2021 3:18 AM

May 2012
I love the fights !!... I hope it gets 2nd season !!!

Jun 24, 2021 5:53 AM

Feb 2014
same, wish we get another season but meanwhile gonna just read the manga :)
Jun 24, 2021 12:34 PM

Sep 2019
this was so bad... glad it's finally over
Jun 25, 2021 7:10 PM

Oct 2008
oh man! final episode of this season and it just gets better!
so many different stronger fighters!
Cestvs is gonna have real trouble on each and everyone of them!
hope to see the continuation for this show!
5/5.
8/10.

Jun 28, 2021 6:00 PM
Apr 2020
Emden is in the tournament as well! I like him, he's my favourite character so it's great to see him back.

Seems like it ended where it did for a possible season 2 (which I kinda think is unlikely but you never know).

Also, am I the only who is confused with everything. Not like confused confused, but more like the plot seems all over the place and that certain events don't seem to line up? I haven't read the original source material but it seems like there is a pacing issue in this adaptation...
Jul 18, 2021 3:06 PM

Jun 2014
So they skipped a huge chunk of chapters in the beginning then end this season right before we were really about to get to the good stuff. This adaptation definitely got the short end of the stick. It had the potential to be decent but the execution was poor. Also, the back and forth switching between 2D and 3D animation was annoying. I wish they had just picked one or the other and stuck with it. I did eventually get used to the 3D fights though.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 20, 2021 3:56 PM
May 2020
I want to read the manga from episode 11 does anyone know what chapter I should start from and also if i should read the parts cut from the anime thanks.
Aug 4, 2021 2:35 AM

Jul 2015
Peeing blood must be absolutely terrifying for 'great eyesight' Cestvs. Disappointed it ended just when things got exciting with the whole tournament arc starting. Overall this series could've been better with higher production quality and not skipping lots of manga content in ep 2, but still decent watch.

Dec 16, 2021 10:32 PM

Nov 2013
Not as bad a series as the ratings would have one expect. Lots of good fighting techniques and psychology for winning. This last episode seemed like we're stopping just before the big event. Perhaps planning a second season?

More topics from this board

» In episode 2 we were in chapter 8-9 and episode 3 finished all the way in chapter 103!!!!!!

Elma_fer - Apr 28, 2021

13 by davidyodo24 »»
Oct 24, 2021 5:47 AM

Poll: » Cestvs: The Roman Fighter Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 16, 2021

11 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 4, 2021 2:16 AM

Poll: » Cestvs: The Roman Fighter Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 9, 2021

9 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 4, 2021 2:04 AM

Poll: » Cestvs: The Roman Fighter Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 2, 2021

9 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 4, 2021 1:34 AM

Poll: » Cestvs: The Roman Fighter Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 26, 2021

9 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 4, 2021 1:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.