Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 21, 2021 10:28 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
After episodes of the abridged OP, we return to the normal OP.

The bank heist begins with all players on hand, exactly as Dobu and Odokawa planned out with Imai under Yano and Sekiguchi's custody. As expected from yano, he has a keen eye of wanting to know whether the money is real or fake. A billion dollars in cold-hard counterfeit cash while Little Daimon instantly gives chase after both of them, and Dobu catching the REAL billion dollars for now.

The Yakuza head Donraku is obviously upset as the police investigation continues to pin him under the spotlight, and it CONFIRMS that Kuroda is his right-hand man.

The N-1 Grand Prix Losers' Bracket of the Homosapiens, Shibagaki and Baba's last effort to make things right with their usual gag comedy, all is going well...except that Shibagaki unknowingly exploded onstage to the dismay of the giraffe Satoshi.

Good that Imai got away scot-free, while both Yano and Sekiguchi were fooled by Dobu's act with Little Daimon, thinking that he's the trusty wicked older brother, so much so that Yano lost his cool to break his character. YOU NO RHYME ANYMORE Yano! Dobu's plan has succeeded with that ONE TRUE duraluminium case with 100 million, and Odokawa has changed his dash cam YET AGAIN, to the dismay of Dobu who goes searching for the rest of the 900 million.

Odokawa, wanting to find a chance to throw Tanaka off with the wireless GPS tracker, tags it on Dobu's getaway van, which is sneakily ingenious. And certainly, he was waiting for them on the spot, all disillusioned and rugged with Dobu's gun intact (that shouldn't have anymore of its 6 loaded bullets from the start). The lost Dodo owner is ready to kill Odokawa if he feels like it nilly-willy...

AND THERE IT IS: THE DONRAKU ERASER which Odokawa has on hand by chance.
AHAHAHA SHIT DOBU YOUR GAME IS UP: you're ditch-11! HOLYYY SHITTTT

OH SHIT...Tanaka has gone loose and shot Dobu, but Odokawa called his karma just desserts and left him for dead. The next step: Call Imai, gather back the 900 million...but first, evade from Yano and Sekiguchi's car chase after they booted Little Daimon with violence to his near-death.

The charm that Odokawa has hanging on his front mirror earlier in the show, Little Daimon has it...BUT notice when he says that the charm is given to them once they stop receiving payments from the foundation...FOR KIDS ORPHANED BY TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS. And that the person who gave this charm to Little Daimon is Dobu's boss. Big Daimon won't let that happen for sure.

Pretty exciting set-up episode to the finale!
KANLen09Jun 21, 2021 12:29 PM
Jun 21, 2021 12:02 PM

Jun 2019
The plan was pretty planned out and it went the same way Odoakwa and Dobu intended it to go. They managed to trick Yano and Sekiguchi with the counterfeit money and take the 900 million yen into another black car. But, Odokawa thought it would be great to see who's targeting him at the same time. So, he put a tracker in the black car.

Following the black car and the tracker in it, Tanaka who was targeting Odokawa for all this time because of what happened to his game character arrived at the spot and asked Odokawa for apologizing. A big revelation was that Dobu was the no. 1 player ditch-11 in that game and the whole Donraku eraser thing made him go beyond his insanity and he finally shot Dobu. He ran away after shooting Dobu.

Dobu lying in the parking lot with blood all over asked Odokawa for his help, but Odokawa abandoned him and left him there as Yano and Sekiguchi reached the parking lot looking for the car and now they're after Odokawa who's working with the police all this time. The chase is finally on which will end in the last episode of this show I'm assuming. But, before that Daimon brothers are here to catch the culprits for what they did.

I felt bad for Dobu. I know he's a bad guy but part of me says that he's a nice guy and I'm really attached to him with all these episodes we spent with him, now is not the time when we're going to abandon him like that. He passed out in the parking lot and I hope that he'll get the medical treatment right on time. He's a good villain. And, the whole Odokawa mystery is still unsolved. Will that be solved in the final episode? Who knows?
Jun 21, 2021 12:07 PM

Jan 2021
This has really thrown Yano off hahah, he has even started not rhyming his sentences

What?! And it seemed to have gone well for Dobu... Odakawa is a genius 0.0
Well, brother Daimon also had his reasons to help Dobu...

As always, EVERYTHING is connected, I love it. Now we have to deal with something unexpected called Yano 0.0
Jun 21, 2021 12:09 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Dobu was really Ditch-11???? That was so tense when he got shot, and that Odokawa's move with everything planned... that was incredible.
Seems like the Daimon's situation is really getting connected more and more but now I just can't wait to see the final episode
AshhkJun 21, 2021 12:13 PM
Jun 21, 2021 12:12 PM
Sep 2015
If things don't happened by chance, then the next episode will reveal the biggest surprise about Odokawa.
Jun 21, 2021 12:20 PM
Apr 2020
Odokawa has the same charm Older Daimon has in his car, which means Dobu's boss was his benefactor.
Can't wait for the final episode to see how it all connects!
Jun 21, 2021 12:24 PM
Nov 2017
The mysteries are being resolved and everything is intertwining, so it seems the mystery of odokawa's past is going to be another one of the events that is connected to all this chaos?

I'm curious to see how everything will end

Maybe the dobu boss is odokawa's benefactor? And how does this relate to their parents' accident, it was strange to put it in the newspaper as a 'forced suicide' and not just a normal car accident
Jun 21, 2021 12:38 PM
Jul 2016
NakolHira said:
So who's actually ditch_11 ?? It's not dobu for sure
https://imgur.com/gallery/k4rkjel

it's just another angle.
Jun 21, 2021 12:42 PM
Sep 2014
Dobu even openly admits it was him after seeing the icon.

As much as I love Yano, it was hillarious to see him losing his shit to the point of stopping rhyming.

Am I the only one kinda disappointed with the ending for Takana? I mean everything was fantastic until the moment he completely lost his shit and ran away screaming. Like, the wrtigin is not bad by any means but I just feel so bad for him, I wish he got some more optimistic closure. Hopefully we'll get something like that in the next ep, and if the preview is any indicator, we'll get at least SOMETHING about him, even if it's only a short scene.

This show desperately needs another OST, I'm already missing the tracks that played in the Tanaka scene this episode. Also at elast one more Yano music.
apokaliz500Jun 21, 2021 2:19 PM
Jun 21, 2021 12:49 PM
Apr 2019
Mowcdb said:
NakolHira said:
So who's actually ditch_11 ?? It's not dobu for sure
https://imgur.com/gallery/k4rkjel

it's just another angle.
Well Dobu says its him but the dialogues weren't matching that's why I'm thinking for an alternative
Jun 21, 2021 12:51 PM

May 2018
Dobu's plan was working so well...and than Odoakwa's wild card (luring the gacha game addict) played as pretty wild twist.
alshuJun 22, 2021 2:24 AM
Jun 21, 2021 1:08 PM

Oct 2020
Great episode, looking forward to seeing how the final one turns out to wrap up the season.
Jun 21, 2021 1:43 PM
Nov 2020
Big revelations this episode! That Dobu was ditch-11 and the Daimon brothers being orphans. The charm they get for when they stop being given payments from the “foundation” was given to Big Daimon by Kuroda it seems, which means he runs the foundation or plays a large part in the foundation. I think they reason he is a Yakuza member and had Dobu and Yano get money for him is so he can put it back into the foundation to support the orphaned children. That’s just my guess but with only one episode left who knows how many lingering mysteries the show can still answer! The two big ones are will we find out about Odakawa’s mind and who killed Mitsuya? And also on a slightly smaller scale what is up with the lucky ballpoint pen? Why is it wiretapped? What’s in Odakawa’s closet and who shot Dobu at Yano’s hideout? These are the mysteries the show needs answered in the final episode so I hope we get an explanation for them! Great episode as always 10/10!!!
Jun 21, 2021 1:52 PM

Sep 2019
The soundtrack that played when he was about shoot Dobu was so simple yet it worked amazingly, I loved it and it gave me goosebumps. I liked the wholesome moment between the brothers.
Jun 21, 2021 2:16 PM
Jul 2020
"yano san you're not rhyming" lmfao im fucking dead
Jun 21, 2021 2:23 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This episode was intense with so many suspenseful moments that left me at the edge of my seat. Too bad its all going to end next week.
Jun 21, 2021 3:00 PM
May 2020
Truly the best of Spring here.
This is the reason I watch Anime.
Hope others will binge it later.
Jun 21, 2021 3:08 PM

Mar 2020
10/10 episode. Odd taxy is delivering as expected.
check out odd taxi
Jun 21, 2021 3:27 PM

Jun 2020
Truly a sad realisation that the absolute greatness that is Odd Taxi ends next week. Dobu's fucking ditch-11 lmao wtf this story is interconnected in every way possible.
This anime shit is addictive
Jun 21, 2021 3:49 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, only 1 ep left!!! I hope that Odokawa will keep, or be gifted the last money-case he currently has in his taxi. The man deserves it, even if he refuses to have it (maybe he will end up giving it to Kakihana to pay debsts, and even to Shirakawa perhaps)
With the glance we have of the final episode, looks like Odokawa will have to face his fear of water, and likely will remember things he had forgotten (parents tragedy and the missing girl)
Brothers will likely arrest the rapper Yano and his buddy, while Dobu recovers from his injury but goes to jail; jail awaits the fox-manager of mystery kiss, and maybe singer-Ichimura too - but I hope they'll get light sentences since they didn't kill the black-cat-girl after all. Crazy eraser-guy should have run out of bullets this time for sure. I expect him to die under uncertain circumstances, or be arrested by the brothers for gun-violence in the club and for shooting Dobu.
The biggest mystery to me is what will Odokawa remember about a "cat, hiding in his house". Will it turn out to be just a normal cat (the one we see in the OP), or will it bring more light to the missing-girl incident??? Can't wait to see how much of my speculations will come true. Odokawa's doctor will likely give us the name of Odokawa's "illness" AND I wonder if we'll get a glimpse of HUMAN FACES, instead of animals in the end, when Odokawa finally remembers his past!
Jun 21, 2021 4:11 PM

Apr 2018
The big mystery now is who shot Dobu in the pier, as it was the only time we didn't see the shooter, as far as I remember. Or how else would the gun still have one bullet left?

So either Odokawa planned this from the beginning or someone else is screwing Dobu's plans.

The plot thickens, can't wait for the last episode!
Jun 21, 2021 4:34 PM

May 2021
darkling692 said:
The big mystery now is who shot Dobu in the pier, as it was the only time we didn't see the shooter, as far as I remember. Or how else would the gun still have one bullet left?

So either Odokawa planned this from the beginning or someone else is screwing Dobu's plans.

I thought that it was Little Paimon. At the start of the episode it was hinted that he was missing from job because of some issue with a gun. If my knowledge about cops that I got from watching absurd amounts of cop series is true, then he shouldn't got out so easily from shooting somebody with a gun without explaining his reasoning

Jun 21, 2021 4:34 PM
Oct 2020
darkling692 said:

Almost guaranteed that it's Little Daimon. You can tell it's one of the Daimons based on the arm holding the gun, and you know it's little Daimon because it's mentioned this episode that Little Daimon lost his gun, thereby implying that Little Daimon pretended to lose his gun so that the police don't know that he shot it.
Jun 21, 2021 5:14 PM

Mar 2020
This is the best original anime of this year so far, literally every episode has just been better than the last one.

"Yano-san you're not rhyming" my guy was so bamboozled that he just stopped rapping. Outplayed by Odokawa.

And then Dobu was doing so well until Odokawa lured GachaBro to the van and he shot Dobu. Odokawa is actually on some 400iq shit.

Side note: in the post-credits scene, when they show the scan of the brain, that is 100% a human brain, therefore even further confirming that everyone in the show is in fact human.
Jun 21, 2021 5:28 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
The best part is the gangster doing his "no rhyming" ..... lol. And of course the Erasure and the Dirty Harry bit with the counting of the bullets. Only miscounted by one silly bullet. Great episode!!
Jun 21, 2021 6:05 PM

Jun 2019
All very well connected. It worked out perfectly that Dobu was the one that “ruined” Tanaka’s life and took care of both of the problems while leaving Odakawa only with Yano to deal with. We should be getting answers to all of our Odakawa questions next episode and I hope the anime does a certain thing towards the end too.
Jun 21, 2021 6:31 PM
Jul 2018
first thing the episode was very good i'm surprised by the happenings of this show, dubo got shot it seems like odokawa wasn't worried about him it's hurting after he got shot, but he left a scene as a highlight in the episode i don't understand as Tanaka is a psychopath there must be something behind it all.
Jun 21, 2021 7:03 PM
Sep 2015
Judevin said:
This is the best original anime of this year so far, literally every episode has just been better than the last one.

"Yano-san you're not rhyming" my guy was so bamboozled that he just stopped rapping. Outplayed by Odokawa.

And then Dobu was doing so well until Odokawa lured GachaBro to the van and he shot Dobu. Odokawa is actually on some 400iq shit.

Side note: in the post-credits scene, when they show the scan of the brain, that is 100% a human brain, therefore even further confirming that everyone in the show is in fact human.

The brain scan does not confirm that they are humans, but this is an interesting theory. Dont know if there will be an answer though.

Also, I prefer Vivy, but it doesnt matter.
Jun 21, 2021 7:17 PM
Jul 2018
That Dobu/Ditch-11 revelation though. 🤯 Crazy how everything is connected like that.

It was lowkey sad that Yano stopped rhyming tho, as that is another reminder that the show is about to reach its climax. 😆
Jun 21, 2021 7:20 PM

Mar 2020
marcioma said:
Judevin said:

The brain scan does not confirm that they are humans, but this is an interesting theory. Dont know if there will be an answer though.

Also, I prefer Vivy, but it doesnt matter.
In a world where you haven't seen a single human so far, where did a brain scan of a human come from. Curious isn't it.
And there are multiple things pointing to the fact that they are humans and it's just Odokawa who sees animals. There is a whole thread discussing it here:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1923641

And I don't remember asking for your preference, not sure why you said that and then said it doesn't matter.
Jun 21, 2021 7:25 PM

Nov 2011
Actual insane episode...I hope so many people get arrested next week!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 21, 2021 7:34 PM

Mar 2010
Well shit.. Dobu getting shot. What is going to happen next? Hope Odakawa escapes. Everything is coming together. Daimon bros are cute.
Jun 21, 2021 9:23 PM

Aug 2013
Okay, I was being tolerant with the bullshit factor the story sometimes threw at us because it was just so good, but this episode kinda pushed it too far. Dobu being the one who conned Tanaka all those years ago is perfectly fine, they could have gone with the same nickname being only a coincidence, but him being the same ditch-11 in Zooden who's the global top player for FOUR YEARS STRAIGHT and he barely even remembers it or acts like it's no big deal? That's really not believable in the slighest. The fact that the whole of the plot is so brilliant make those small hiccups that they just shove aside really blatant and annoying.

And apparently we are really not getting any explanation to why Shirakawa was conveniently in the middle of nowhere to save Odokawa...welp.
Jun 21, 2021 9:32 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing script. This episode is very tense and has lots of identified. I didn't expect Dobu's death at all. Tanaka was insane until end.
Looks like Odokawa in preview says "goodbye" in a roundabout way. Well, what will happen now?
Jun 21, 2021 9:56 PM
Oct 2020
Satyr_icon said:
Okay, I was being tolerant with the bullshit factor the story sometimes threw at us because it was just so good, but this episode kinda pushed it too far. Dobu being the one who conned Tanaka all those years ago is perfectly fine, they could have gone with the same nickname being only a coincidence, but him being the same ditch-11 in Zooden who's the global top player for FOUR YEARS STRAIGHT and he barely even remembers it or acts like it's no big deal? That's really not believable in the slighest. The fact that the whole of the plot is so brilliant make those small hiccups that they just shove aside really blatant and annoying.

And apparently we are really not getting any explanation to why Shirakawa was conveniently in the middle of nowhere to save Odokawa...welp.

I don't think he barely remembered. He knew, but he realized what was happening and didn't want to set Tanaka off so he lied.
Jun 21, 2021 10:17 PM
Mar 2015
I love it when a plan comes together Now all the pieces are beginning to fit
Jun 21, 2021 10:18 PM

Mar 2012
Little Daimon confronting his bruised black-and-blue older brother was quite touching. Lil bro's grown up! He shows him both mercy and justice by abiding by the law and forgiving him because they're family. And the truth finally comes out. Older Daimon was protecting his little brother in his own way but still went about it wrong. I doubt he'll ever see his little brother as the naïve, meek one who only sees things as black and white ever again.
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Jun 21, 2021 10:31 PM

Aug 2013
davids0512 said:

I don't think he barely remembered. He knew, but he realized what was happening and didn't want to set Tanaka off so he lied.

Maybe, but the way the story portrays both the game and Dobu makes it so that him being the top player feels like a stretch. Tanaka spent the equivalent to $45k over 4 years and was still nowhere near the top; that shows that the game requires an insane amount of dedication and money to be at least decent at it. ditch-11 was the unwavering #1 player in the world for 4 years. I really can't imagine a character like Dobu spending millions and millions of yens on a mobile game and playing religiously for 4 years straight.

Also, Dobu says "I've played Zooden. I haven't played it so long that I've forgotten". He might still be lying, but if it's true, there's no way he could've still kept the #1 place. It's also weird that he would lie since he was so sure at first that the gun was empty. He had no reason to be so on the deffensive with Tanaka.

Frankly, I feel like they thought shoving it aside as a coincidence would be pushing our suspension of disbelief too far, but for me that would've worked better. The weirdest thing is that, if Dobu is saying the truth, he wasn't the original ditch-11 that conned Tanaka, which would've made a lot of sense, but instead they made him the Zooden ditch-11. I really can't understand this writing decision, I'm still baffled. So many things aren't adding up here...
Jun 21, 2021 10:52 PM
Oct 2020
Holy shit this is one of the best episodes of the series
Jun 21, 2021 10:54 PM

Jan 2011
This is easily the best show of the spring. My god... the plot is so fucking good it is crazy. I knew from the start what Odokawa planned. He was going to screw everyone. He fucking did it. I know he used the crazy gacha dude to kill Dobu because he knows Dobu kicks his ass. Him acting shock was for show. He wanted Dobu in the ground from the start. He played all of the bad guys. Odokawa is a fucking chad.

Also we finally learn why Big Daimon went dirty, it's crazy how something like that can change a cop. We see Yano lose his cool and break his Killer inspired rap verses. This episode has everything man. How will it end? I don't know and that's a good thing.

I don't see any way for a season 2 but sign me up for stories following other characters or a spin off within the same universe. The furries win again. God are we destined to get one good furry anime ever year?
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jun 21, 2021 11:14 PM

Feb 2010
The best show in this season definitely, sad it's underwatched.

We still didn't get the answer for who's the one that kill Mitsuya Yuki, why is Shirakawa in convenient place to save Odokawa and Odokawa's state. I hope all will be answered in next episode.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jun 21, 2021 11:41 PM

Jul 2020
This was quite the eventful episode.

It's always so relaxing listening to the Odd Taxi intro, it's really and gets me in a good mood. Tanaka is a certified maniac, that guy needs some serious help, and looks like Dobu and Yano-san both got tricked to their own demise. Really excited to see this series wrapping up next week.
Jun 22, 2021 12:15 AM

Oct 2016
Fantastic episode, shit just hit the fan. I wonder if that was the last we saw of our GachaBro Tanaka. And as we thought, Dobu was actually Ditch-11 and karma finally caught up to him. At first I thought Tanaka just got new bullets or something, but that wouldn't make sense. So it probably wasn't him that shot Dobu in the pier, it might have been Little Daimon because he lost his gun. He probably followed Odokawa anyway even if that area wasn't in his jurisdiction.

Sekiguchi pointing out that Yano lost his rhyming was fucking hilarious, it was pretty satisfying to see him lose his cool. Almost believed that Shibagaki snapping was part of their act, but that might actually become the reason for them to win. With that info we got from Big Daimon about the orphanage, Odokawa and Kuroda might not just be Sauna buddies. Really looking forward to see how all of this ends, I am sure they'll stick the landing.
Jun 22, 2021 12:33 AM

Dec 2020
i feel so bad for the bank guys😭😭 they were probably expecting a guy being all giddy and happy to get his lottery money but some mafia ass looking fucks came instead and one of them started rapping suddenly
Jun 22, 2021 12:57 AM

Jan 2021
Holy moly !

Yano stopped rhyming!! OMG!

Well its 10/10 for me til now. Definitely AOTS worthy
Jun 22, 2021 3:45 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
Great episode, odokawa's plan was amazing
Now all thats left is the conclusion. Oof the preview makes me excited

Jun 22, 2021 4:27 AM

Apr 2018
The brother Daimon convo broke my heart. Little Daimon wants to save him but he knows that the law won't approve that.. Odakawa's on the run from Yano. Can't wait for the next ep.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 22, 2021 5:50 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty solid build up for the finale, let's see how they wrap things up. Also I wonder if we'll get to see their real faces.
Jun 22, 2021 7:16 AM
Jan 2014
Aside from Rhymeless Yano, the other thing that really got to me was when Odokawa asked to see the icon, looked at it and went "yeah, it's him"

To which Dobu just looks baffled and then mentally facepalms "Oh, right, you can tell"

And the thing from The Foundation, Odokawa did tell the woman he lived with to return all the money, and all that stuff. He didn't seem to want their money, so he might've figured out who the person in charge was and decided to give the money back so as to not be tied to them. That'd somewhat fit with his character, given his general willingness to catch mobsters
Jun 22, 2021 9:38 AM
Nov 2020
can't believe the series ends next week. It'll be fun to rewatch it with all the pieces in hand and watching it all piece together with a new perspective!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2021

389 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 14, 2021

98 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 31, 2021

86 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 24, 2021

87 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 9:44 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 3, 2021

90 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 3:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.