Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 2021 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, Yuki and Machi. They are one of the more important character pairs this season so they deserved their spotlight. Machi also seems much more open now to Yuki. What an embrace and about time they kissed in this season.

Akito also looked much better than usual, without any source of malice.

Kyo looks like he's finally at peace from his past after visiting Kyoko's grave.

Jun 21, 2021 10:37 AM

Jul 2020
MACHI X YUKI WORKED OUT! What a tearjerker of an ending, had to take a few deep breaths man. The amount of feelings they portrayed from a minor character really is tantamount to the overall theme of fruits basket. Sad to see only one episode left, but its been a hell of a ride.

Machi and yuki meeting up tugged on my heartstrings, as yuki remember what he was told about love, the other person see's you in its entirety, blooming heck that's a message and a half. The rat running away from god as the last remaining link was brilliant, and marks the true ending of the curse. Imagine not being able to hug the opposite sex for the entirety of your life, only for you to be able to do it, the amount of emotions they put on yuki was brilliant. And the kiss, lets not talk about that before I go on a madness of how sweet this anime is.

Akito coming in as a girl shows that she's thrown away her prior duties and the weight she carried, but she's still not redeemable imo, and her acknowledging that just an apology won't change the fact that she instilled fear in others shows some self reflection but I do genuinely dislike her, and I have a feeling that she won't be punished properly for it. Like look at Bastard!! - the webcomic - and how they dealt with him, his character was much nicer but he still did the time as you physically cannot excuse the crimes they both committed. Sure one was aiding and abetting in murder and the other was psychologically and physically harming others thereby stunting their growth, but you get my point. Sure, one of fruits basket's message is that everyone deserves to be redeem, but it just irks me to see akito being as happy as she is without actually getting punished for her abusive and illegal actions, but that's just my two cents.

Kyo wanting to move on from the city was surprising, but I do get it but tohru following him was pleasantly shocking, thought she'd commute but it's tohru, she's a marshmallow of happiness. Kyo swearing to keep the promise was brilliant and led well into the flashback of her mothers last memories. As I said before that was heartbreaking. In a short 5 or so minutes it basically broke me, seeing her struggle and think about her child, not even herself and other material things or her dreams and aspirations, but her child that she was leaving alone really left an impression on me. Being a parent is a choice for life, like it or not, and the anime showed that as parents, we'll have to put someone else's life above our own because that's what true love is. Seeing her reunite with her husband was also a nice touch, as she got a quasi-good ending too, and we finally do understand that she said she won't forgive kyo, more as a reminder that he needs to protect tohru in her stead rather than a dying grudge. Crazy man.

What a banger of an episode, haven't really made an analysis this long in awhile, and I'm sad to see fruits basket nears its end but I'm also happy that it's ending, since life does move on whether we like it or not, and we all have to redeem ourselves after watching this.
LeviathanHWDJun 21, 2021 11:02 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jun 21, 2021 10:41 AM

Aug 2017
It looks like the ship worked at the end. Congratulations Yuki and Maki. But those people watching them is kinda annoying. Damn, Kyo misunderstood Kyoko's last words.
NurguburuJun 21, 2021 5:48 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 21, 2021 10:43 AM

Apr 2016
Dude they really picked the best possible spot for Machi and Yuki didn't they ? Lmao.

All the girls around were like "Kyaaaaaaaaa" :D
Jun 21, 2021 10:50 AM

Jun 2019
Yuki and Machi shared a really special moment there. Yuki didn't confess his feelings to Machi but that kiss did actually. I love their ship so much. Yuki also cried as he was the last one to cut ties with God. He cried at the moment while being sad and also happy that he's finally free.

Akito was looking good in that Kimono and she apologized to all her family members she treated so harshly up until yet. She also managed to go back to Shigure who was waiting for her all along this time. Everyone's finally going on to their own ways. Tohru also wants to tag along with Kyo wherever he goes.
Jun 21, 2021 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
Damn subs are hardly out and it already got 3 1/5 votes
Some people are really upset Fruits Basket passed or will pass their favorite anime
Jun 21, 2021 10:56 AM

May 2021
YES YUKI X MACHI!! yuki and machi realize they are miraculous for each other. yuki's curse also brekas as he confesses his true feelings.

kyo and tohru visiting kyoko's grave and kyo telling tohru about his future plans and she decides to go with him. after the confession, both kyo and tohru don't have to run away or hide from their feelings anymore. also a part where it flashbacks to the car accident and kyoko wanting kyo to protect tohru, as promised when he was younger.

this episode also showcased god (akito) with all the zodiac animals and kyo in a gathering and akito showing her true self to the others. she also tries to apologize but couldn't.

can't believe this anime is ending!!
n4ncyyJun 21, 2021 11:34 AM
Jun 21, 2021 10:58 AM

Jul 2017
ABOUT TIME that Yuki and Machi got their screentime to finish wherever they left off. The couple most wraught by their own personal troubles, finally become one with the long-awaited kiss. Yuki is the last of the zodiac family to be released from the bonds, while Machi slowly envelops in his life.

The entire Soma Family and Kyo coming together as per Akito's instructions, and Kyo at least looked better with the family now. Ayame is still one beautiful glamour of a Bishounen though, and Akito really has been better days with her natural true self, letting go of her malice, while contending with the condescending Shigure who's done nothing but bear her angsty character in a devilish manner. Even all that, the bonds have been broken as well.

Going a bit forward to Kyo and Tohru going to her mum Kyoko's grave, Kyo is starting to also look forward to his own future, and Tohru wants in. The promise made to Kyo right on the family grave, and for eternity, even if a long time has passed. The regret on Kyoko's part, and her trust instincts on young Kyo to take care of Tohru, the reconciliation made between two stranger souls, of a fight they've fought well.

Final episode to come...
Jun 21, 2021 11:01 AM

Jul 2017
Rhhdaiw said:
Damn subs are hardly out and it already got 3 1/5 votes
Some people are really upset Fruits Basket passed or will pass their favorite anime
Take it or leave it, this fandom like any other is toxic.
Jun 21, 2021 11:02 AM

Apr 2019
wow that ending scene gave me so many chills, what a wonderful episode.

Jun 21, 2021 11:07 AM
Sep 2015
OMG I thought this is the last episode. Imagine ending this anime on a tragedy accident event, that'd be a very refreshing experience!
Jun 21, 2021 11:08 AM
May 2021
And furuba makes me cry yet again... That ending with Tohru's mom was heartbreaking, and still nice to see she put her faith into Kyo. Of course we all knew she wouldn't have just said that she wouldn't forgive him or whatever.

Yuki and Machi was nice to see as well. Shigure and Akito... They fit well, both pretty flawed characters.
Jun 21, 2021 11:10 AM

Oct 2017
Yuki x Machi part was really sweet, their kiss too. Tohru x Kyo interactions were also really sweet. When Tohru said "Leaving everyone will make me sad but being apart from you will make me sadder." it melted my heart. And that last part is just playing unfair, why make us cry like this damn it.

Beautiful episode again, one more episode to go. I'm hyped for the finale.
Jun 21, 2021 11:10 AM
Aug 2019
I'm very happy about Yuki x Machi this episode the anime managed to blend their moment from 2 chapters perfectly well. And with that Yuki was the last for the curse to break. They were all invited to the last banquet, Akito looks so beautiful in that Kimono trying to apologize but she still couldn't say it in words since she doesn't want to seem like someone who was trying to get off the hook.
We finally get to see Kyoko's last moments of her life she didn't feel hatred towards Kyo but wished for him to keep his promise to protect Tohru while she's not there anymore. We also got to hear Katsuya still no face shown in the anime.
Next week's episode is the last episode I can't believe it's ending next week.

Jun 21, 2021 11:20 AM
Oct 2016
Comparable to the many heartbreaking episodes this final season I'm glad to get a mostly happy time here. With the episode focusing on three couples and what they will do for the future. Yuki x Machi, Shigure x Akito, and Kyo x Tohru all moving forward with their new freedom. Yuki confessing to March warmed my heart, it was so beautiful. His curse finally breaking as the last one, keeping that original promise till the end. Yuki breaking down in tears as he loses someone who's really been a burden this whole time but its still sad saying goodbye. I'm glad that Machi found him in the crowd, those two are perfect for each other. Supporting one another even though they both feel weak, finding one another was truly a miracle, someone who can let you be you.

Shigure seeming like he's going to leave causing Akito to be upset. Its good that she has accepted her full self. Not only being whom her father wanted her to be. But moving forward towards a new tomorrow. Shigure may be selfish and childish but he does care foe Akito. He's only wanted her to live her own life all this time. His scheming has lead to this with Akito becoming her own person. She looks great in the kimono too it was a nice gift from Shigure. Letting everyone go, letting them all be free to live their own lives. Saying sorry would seem like Akito is just trying to brush all that's happened aside so that's not really goof enough. She will have spend the rest of her life atoning. Shigure is right that it will be interesting to see how she does that.

Kyo wanting to leave makes a lot of sense. Go off on his own and use that new freedom. Not to run away like before but to go experience life. Working and training so that one day when he takes over Kazuma dojo he's ready. Asking Tohru to come with him of course. It might be far away from the people whom love her but if its with Kyo then everything will be ok. Together they are invincible after all. Kyo telling Kyoko he's taking Tohru away. Then we get an explanation as to why Kyoko said she would never forgive Kyo back when she died. It was her remembering whom he was and their promise. It did take him a long time but now he's kept the promise to keep Tohru safe. Kyoko doesn't have to worry anymore now.

Next episode will be a big one. The finale of all finales. The end of this incredible series. I'm both ready and not ready for next week.
Jun 21, 2021 11:22 AM

Dec 2015
I'm really Happy for Yuki and Machi and It was a really a good Episode again, I thought this was the last Episode but there is One more left, For the last part I thought I wasn't going to tear up on the last part but I was wrong, I still ended up to tear, It was a really sad scene, wasn't expecting that one. It was Really good Episode and I'm Looking Forward for the Last Episode.
Jun 21, 2021 11:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Episode was already great prior to the final moments of the episode but Kyoko-san's segment made it a masterclass. I knew it'd to be a misunderstanding like this, Tohru never budge on that!

Surprised to see Akito embracing her "true self" now but that's a positive change I'm sure, and the Akito x Shigure ship finally sails (not that I was gung-ho about it but I'm happy for the two nonetheless). Ritsu-san's reaction though, lol. Also, nice little moment between Isuzu and Hatsuhara xD, here's to hoping he doesn't get himself killed someday like this.

Momiji and Kagura certainly make a good team, lol.

Machi x Yuki moments in the middle of the road and getting all the spotlight, that's well-deserved lol. Great to have Kamiya Hiroshi-san appear for a line too, lol.

It's the last episode next week. Man, it's going to be a tearful Monday night next week...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 21, 2021 11:32 AM

May 2020
Oh my god, yet again another great episode. Kagura, Momiji and Kyo's moment was the best lmao.

I'm glad Yuuki and Machi are together as well seems like it'll be a happy ending for everyone. I wonder what will happen with Hatori, hopefully he ends up finding someone he loves again because what happened with him and Kana was really sad, maybe he'll get together with Mayuko?

Akito and Shigure are together as well, finding out what Kyoko really meant when she said "I'll never forgive you" was really sad and I can't wait for the next episode, unfortunately it is the last episode of the season, maybe the Fruits Basket another manga will get adapted into an OVA or something but wow, again, a great episode.
EmmuhzxJun 21, 2021 11:35 AM
Jun 21, 2021 11:33 AM
Nov 2020
dzmetal said:
And furuba makes me cry yet again... That ending with Tohru's mom was heartbreaking, and still nice to see she put her faith into Kyo. Of course we all knew she wouldn't have just said that she wouldn't forgive him or whatever.

Yuki and Machi was nice to see as well. Shigure and Akito... They fit well, both pretty flawed characters.
I thought I was the only one after watching anime for years after seeing that last scene I cried for the first time ever. This episode was a masterpiece.
Jun 21, 2021 11:35 AM
Apr 2012
Great episode but a bit sad that they left out small tidbits with Machi x Yuki. It wasn't really anything important that they skipped, just small interactions where you could see them growing closer.
Also sad that they skipped the Kyoko x Katsuya part, unless it's the last ep for some reason. It would make for a good OAV ep though so I'm still holding on to some hope.
Feels like we also won't be seeing the Meat Angel, though I guess it wasn't very important, just gave some depth to Kakeru and I've already seen a lot of people complaining about too many characters and side plots.
Jun 21, 2021 11:38 AM

Feb 2017
im SOOSOSOSOSOSo glad yuki x machi is a thing now and they finally kissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

akito finally reveals her true self to everyone but i still think she could have apologized. she doesn't need to ask for forgiveness, but a simple 'im sorry' would have sufficed. but at least she does recognize how much she's hurt everyone and i really do think she's grown. i'm kinda hoping she grows out her hair too now that everyone knows she's female

wow and so it was a big misunderstanding on kyo's part regarding kyoko saying 'i'll never forgive you'. i felt like it wouldnt have made sense for her to say that to kyo just like that, and im glad we finally have some context. watching kyoko realize she was about to die and leave tohru all by herself was so heartbreaking. kinda facepalming at all the people around her just screaming and yelling though

also last episode is next week and im NOT ready for this series to end

placeholder text
Jun 21, 2021 11:42 AM

Oct 2020
NEED more Yuki and Machi. Just 1 episode left…
AOTY of the year guaranteed.

Jun 21, 2021 11:42 AM

Jul 2012
So that's what Kyoko said to Kyo but he didn't get the full meaning. It hurts to be the only ones to know that, not Kyo nor Tohru. Seeing Kyoko's final moments crushed me. That was so sad.
Jun 21, 2021 11:45 AM

Jul 2017
the virgin Kyo being wishy washy with his feelings vs the chad Yuki insta confessing. Damn Yuki really went in with the kill there lol, man got no chill

also on another note, the virgin shoujo manga "I'll wait for you" heroine vs the chad "I don't want to wait for you" Tooru

but the interesting part is Akito's forgiveness. Even she herself admits a simple 'sorry' wouldn't really suffice after all the stuff she's done, but on the other hand it's difficult to find the right atonement for what she has done. Wonder if the final ep will conclude that bit or if the confession scene with Shigure is it lol
Jun 21, 2021 11:47 AM

Dec 2018
Machi and Yuki's scene was heartwarming. The credits scene got me tearing up, the fact that she thought about Tohru and hoped for her happiness to the very end and trusted her with Kyo gathered up all sorts of emotions all at once. I cried, I felt happy and I felt relieved during that moment because Tohru was under the care of the right people and she grew up to be a strong individual. Kyoko and Katsuya reuniting made me feel very happy. Kyoko's efforts paid off, her child grew up to be a great person and Kyoko to the very end gave Tohru her motherly love.
ScepifyJun 21, 2021 12:06 PM
Jun 21, 2021 11:49 AM

Jul 2019
The final scene was the saddest thing I've seen in my entire life
Jun 21, 2021 11:52 AM

Aug 2008
dear lord ...the final scene ...
The spider is watching
Jun 21, 2021 11:58 AM

Feb 2018
I still have some mixed feelings about Akito x Shigure, but more importantly Yuki and Machi! I love that pair.

The Kyoko scene was pretty gut-wrenching. Most of the Kyo stuff in that scene felt a bit contrived, though if I'm being honest.

Well, 1 ep left...
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jun 21, 2021 12:03 PM

Jan 2018
I feel like a broken record at this point but God I love this so much. My boi and girl, Yuki and Machi finally got together. Not just them but everyone can move forward now that the curse is broken. Akito then showing her true self in front of everyone. She knows that apologizing won't just erase the past. She looked beautiful in the kimono. Kyo and Tohru decided to stay by each other's side. Kyo again brings up his promise to Kyoko and swore again to absolutely keep it this time. And finally we got Kyoko's final moments. It hurts goddammit. Miyuki Sawashiro nailed it. We still didn't get to see Katsuya's face. I guess they are saving it for last(?) along with the Katsuya and Kyoko moments.

Yet another fantastic episode. Next week is the finale.
ARK-13Jun 22, 2021 2:32 AM
Jun 21, 2021 12:05 PM

Dec 2016
My heart was so much filled with happiness after seeing Yuki x Machi scene. Finally! =^w^= ... untill it showed Kyoko scene dying and then go to heaven TT^TT Come on, my happiness faded all away quickly and it's so unfair! What a rollercoaster of emotions that I almost cried ;_; At least we caught a glimpse of Kyoko's true words so we can undertand more clearly during her last moment.

Great episode as always! I will be very sad when this show ends since there's 1 more episode to go :(

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 21, 2021 12:07 PM

Sep 2019
Ah shit, my heart… it hurts. I wasn’t ready to cry after such a wholesome episode
Jun 21, 2021 12:12 PM
Dec 2020
The whole final scene was heartbreaking. Seeing Kyoko meeting her husband again made cry.😭
Jun 21, 2021 12:16 PM

Aug 2020
i'm so happy yuki x maki finally happened, and at that exact moment as well made it perfect.

akito wearing a kimono also was a beautiful sight to see, even though she couldn't fully apologise.

i started bawling my eyes out at that end part with kyouko and tohru's father. it was so touching.

so sleepy...

did you need something?

Jun 21, 2021 12:16 PM
Oct 2016
Yuki x Machi finding each other, so beautiful. someone who loves even their weak side

Jun 21, 2021 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
Such a beautiful episode. The Yuki/ Machi scene got me more than I thought it would; I always found her character kind of random but I am glad Yuki found someone who loves him. He has grown so much as a character it's pretty amazing.

Akito AHHH I love her I don't care what anyone says. This was such an important episode for her, and Shigure, also those kinds of formal kimonos can cost thousands of dollars so whatever else he may be at least we know he's not cheap with his girl 😂

I loved seeing all the zodiacs together joking around, their group dynamic is hilarious, and they expected Akito to come in and get pissed at them but she surprises them instead.

I always found the whole 'I won't forgive you' thing kind of silly, like we know enough about Kyoko to know she wouldn't say that to Kyo, it was obviously fabricated to create drama but I'm glad he was able to move on from it, with Tohru's help of course. So glad they will be together, it's nice she gets to move to the countryside instead of sticking to her plan of getting some random crappy job in the city just to pay rent, no one wants to live like that for more than a few years if they can help it trust me.
Jun 21, 2021 12:18 PM
Senpai

May 2021
My heart can't take it anymore. So wonderful...
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jun 21, 2021 12:20 PM

Feb 2014
The Yuki x Machi scene was as good as I hoped it would be. It was a touching moment as god said goodbye to him, which helped push him to go in for a spectacular kiss with Machi and in front of a small gathering of passers-by, no less!

Not just that, but we also got some closure with Akito and Shigure. The tension between them was still high, but in the end, Akito went with her true feelings and Shigure was happy to return them. I do like how Akito admitted that simply saying sorry for causing all the other zodiac members so much suffering wasn't going to be good enough as it can be hard to find the right thing to say or to do in this scenario. Either way, she took a step in the right direction and I'm happy for her. =)

Tohru and Kyo's moment by the Honda grave was powerful, as Tohru was adamant with her resolve to be with Kyo, no matter where he would go with what he wants to do when he graduates high school. It was really sweet, but it led to the final part of the episode, after the credits rolled on by and that was with Kyoko.

We got her full POV as she on the ground, dying after getting hit in the traffic accident and hearing her worries about Tohru being left all alone was depressing. All she could muster from what remained of her strength was to utter those words to Kyo, which led to the original misunderstanding from his part, but her intentions of wanting him to find and be with Tohru was powerful. The final scene where she's in the sea after she passed away in the real world, where she meets up with Katsuya again damn near broke me completely. What a bittersweet way to end the episode.

Speaking of which, next week is THE final episode, which leaves me feeling sad, but happy at the same time. MAL scores don't matter to me that much, but this is an exception, since this season is ranked above a 9.00 so far. I hope it stays there for a long time, especially for a series like this. =D
Jun 21, 2021 12:26 PM

Aug 2015
that ending DESTROYED me. jesus christ
Jun 21, 2021 12:28 PM
Jan 2019
Ah I really do love Fruits Basket’s ability to weave different characters and emotions together, we’ve got the heartfelt Yuki and Machi having found each other, Akito allowing a part of herself to show that she’s always hidden, comedy as always when we see many of the 13 together, back to sweet with Kyo and Tohru and ending with heartbreaking as we flashback to Kyoko’s death; an event that despite arguably leading to the events of the series and happy endings, is very sad and we shouldn’t forget that. One more episode left, but I don’t think I’m ready to say goodbye yet.
Jun 21, 2021 12:40 PM

Aug 2018
After credits scene really hit hard...

I feel blessed for having watched what I could call an amazing remake. Remember already when it started airing in 2019 and now, here we are, with all the answers and explanations we could evere speculate on. Next episode will definitely make me sad, to part ways with Fruits Basket remake.
Jun 21, 2021 12:42 PM

Dec 2020
its been a while since ive shed a tear
Jun 21, 2021 12:57 PM

Sep 2008
This one was a bit of a cluster to sort through, notably with the opening scene. This episode mainly adapted Chapter 132, the final few pages of Chapter 134, and Chapter 135; as well as scenes from Chapters 125, 130, and 131 that involve Yuki and Machi's relationship, development with Akito's character, and a major scene with Kyo and Tohru. The stuff adapted from 125, 130, and 131 pretty much combines bits of scenes from all three chapters together to resolve Yuki and Machi's developing relationship while the remaining chapter content is largely faithful to what was adapted from the manga beyond some dialogue removal and a few minor scenes being cut. Here were changes I took notice of within this episode:

-The opening scene with Machi and Yuki actually combines parts of both of the scenes where they met from Chapters 125, 130, and 131 as parts of their meeting from 125 play out first, followed by stuff from 130 and 131 as the Sohma curse breaks. Their first meeting in Chapter 125 originally took place after school while Tohru was still hospitalized. The two met to have a gift exchange where besides Machi’s gift to Tohru, she also gave Yuki garden fertilizer and Yuki gave her a Mogeta doll he got from a store earlier before their meeting. This meeting was the point where both realized how important they were for each other, with Chapter 125 ending with the two holding hands.
-The anime removed part of Akito’s narration in the opening scene adapted from Chapter 132 that showed her staring at a suitcase that Shigure had given to her and opening it up, with Akito acknowledging she wanted Shigure to look at her.
-During Ayame’s conversation with Kyo, a small bit of the scene was cut from the anime where Yuki thought about Ayame still indirectly insulting Kyo as he typically does.
Jun 21, 2021 12:58 PM

Dec 2018
My Rat finally did it! He finally got his moment, I'm so happy.

Akito looked cute in that Yukata.

Also, Kyo saying "Yo" to Kagura caught me off guard xD
Jun 21, 2021 1:07 PM
Jun 2021
Keyar said:

Also sad that they skipped the Kyoko x Katsuya part, unless it's the last ep for some reason. It would make for a good OAV ep though so I'm still holding on to some hope.
Feels like we also won't be seeing the Meat Angel, though I guess it wasn't very important, just gave some depth to Kakeru and I've already seen a lot of people complaining about too many characters and side plots.

Actually i thought about the last season before it was out and since it was going to be shorter than the other season; I did think that the best approach was to cut Katsuya-kyoko story out of all the other stories. The only relevant part of K/K's love story was how Kyoko's deep grief impacted Tohru's character. The back story of that isn't essential to the story.

I'm am so happy that we still have one ep to go. I guess most of you know that the all manga collection of Fruits basket was reedited in honor the remake of the anime in 2019/2020. New scenes were added, I really deeply hope that we will have a beautiful goodbye scene of Tohru and Kyo taking off together. I felt it really was missing in the original work.

Anyway, the episode was beautiful, the cutting was a bit rough jumping from a scene to an other but i guess they had no choice with so much content left. I think they really did a beautiful job in 23 minute of time.
TalyaSanJun 21, 2021 1:12 PM
Jun 21, 2021 1:20 PM

Nov 2016
The ship's are sailing, but I'm most delighted for Akito x Shigure. She looked stunning.

But goddam, the post credits scene was absolutely hearbreaking.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 21, 2021 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
Tohru really matured as a character, I love her
Jun 21, 2021 1:29 PM

Sep 2019
This was a pretty good ep. Despite the cuts and all, I think they did a good job of handling it and ngl it felt weird jumping one scene to another. But who cares, I still enjoyed it. I hope the remaining chapters gets adapted next week or put into an OVA, I’ll accept either way.

Yuki and Machi. THE SHIP HAS SAILED. Their kiss was utterly sweet and soothing. It was really nice somehow. Yuki’s curse breaking was visually presenting and really sets the tone. Then Akito. Akito really regretted everything huh. I still don’t forgive for what she has done, but I really like how she’s moving forward and gave the zodiac members the freedom they wanted. Kyo and Tohru had to really hit me again. Damn, Kyo’s geniune feelings about the future almost make as a proud mother y’know and it made me truly happy. Also, we get to see Tohru becoming a bit more mature, her words were really wise and sweet.

Finally, Kyoko. THE PAIN DOUBLES. Her inner monologue really broke my heart and I’m so happy we get to see this scene. As how much I do not like Katsuya, I’m glad TMS blurred his face and the whole ocean scene (AGAIN) beautifully done.
Jun 21, 2021 1:31 PM

May 2020
I think someone was chopping onions in my room again.
Jun 21, 2021 1:43 PM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
beautiful episode, i'm glad my boy yuki is getting some happiness as he and machi most definitely deserve.
it was also great having a bit of levity again with the entire sohma gang coming together and cracking jokes before akito's apology, or lack thereof i guess.
we got to see kyoko's final moments and inner monologue which was incredibly powerfull, she indeed fought hard and will be remembered forever as best anime mom for sure (imo), i'm happy that tohru insists(correctly as we know) in front of kyo regarding kyoko's intentions behind her words. i'm a bit conflicted on them moving away, as i'm happy for kyo and support tohru no matter what, but it will be sad seeing her part with uo-chan and hanajima, i hope they get some screen time next episode, along with some others like rin, kisa and i guess i just love the characters of this show too much.

honestly i don't know what i'll do after next week, seriously i have no idea what to look forward to after this, but i guess i'll start with buying the spin-off manga to see what that's about and support the original creator a bit.
Jun 21, 2021 1:53 PM

Jan 2018
Woah, Machi and Yuki are so cute omg congrats to both of them! <3, they both really shared a beautiful moment together and Yuki crying sounded really sad and was done beautifully!
Kyo and Tohru together in Kyokos grave and Kyo asking Tohru to come with him was done really good! And them holding hands and putting their heads together was really cute! <3
Honestly Akito looks really cute wearing a kimono and her finally embracing her true self was just perfect!
And the ending of the episode was just really emotional and made me tear up, it really broke my heart and the pain in her voice because of her losing her treasure was really sad and painful for her, and her saying losing someone hurts as much as leaving someone was just heartbreaking cause honestly it can be true at times :(
As always fruits basket has always in my opinion has had perfect episodes and they never disappoint me, this was a perfect 5/5 episode

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

317 by ducvub10 »»
Yesterday, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

169 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2021

165 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2021

158 by Kris08 »»
Mar 5, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

209 by PokefanPT »»
Dec 30, 2023 5:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.