Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 14, 2010 10:22 AM

Mar 2007
llamaben said:
That was possibly the best ending to a season 1 of a multi-season anime that I have seen...

This.

It was truly a fantastic way to end the first season of this series. I was going to give it a 7/10 as well, but with this kind of end I can't do anything other than give it a 9.
Apr 16, 2010 5:53 PM

Mar 2009
Okay so, really? The ending was pretty interesting (though I kind of saw it coming in a way) but it took way too long to get there. I was really disappointed with the amount of filler that took place in this show, even though it technically never undermined my expectations as I kind of expected there to be filler.

Overall, its a good story, but there was way too much time invested into it. I don't think it should have ever even needed a second season had they done it right.

Glad to see some answers concerning Gauche though, I suppose.
"There are four lights!! THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!!!!" - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Apr 21, 2010 11:48 PM

Apr 2007
Good ending. Overall this was adapted very well, but the fillers just ruined it. Really, they were bad. The only ones I found to be the least bit interesting were the two that focused on Zazie. He didn't have much focus in the manga so they were nice.
I'm still looking forward to season 2! Hopefully there won't be many, or better yet, ANY fillers...

AND YES I figured out who voiced the "shadow man". That was going to bug me so much D:
Apr 28, 2010 9:33 AM

Mar 2008
What a beautiful ending ç__ç
I have so many questions >.<
I hope the season 2 will have less filler than 1st >>

avatar and banner made by Arkanta
Apr 30, 2010 7:18 PM

Nov 2007
The ending was adequate I guess.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
May 4, 2010 4:31 AM
Apr 2010
cliffhanger ending..................................................

GAUCHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Badge
May 23, 2010 11:00 PM

Mar 2010
More Gauche in season 2? I'm in. I just hope they don't have so many fillers again. It made the series feel way too long.

Jun 13, 2010 5:07 PM
Mar 2010
Jiynnx said:
wow, the end actually made me feel really sad.
Poor Lag T-T Hurry up, Season two! Dx

kerobear said:
Gauchee! <3 can't wait to see u in season 2!
Jun 20, 2010 10:46 AM

Mar 2010
Ok,I cried.so much. XD
Gauche..I was surprised,he just jumped in the scene.I wasn't expecting him to forget everything.But yeah,it's normal cuz he lost his heart.Roda was indeed so cool.And Lag was,ofcourse full of tears,just like me. :D btw Im ok with the fillers,some of them are about people who are related to main characters,but not all of them,anyway we'll see in second season,I guess.
Oh and I was mad at Noir,but I can't hate him since I love Gauche.ANYWAY :D.I liked this episode,since it's my fav anime too.
Aug 14, 2010 3:55 PM

May 2008
Finally finished the show. Good thing I put this show on hold months ago (because of the huge chunk of fillers in the middle of the season) so the wait for season 2 doesn't seem too bad. Overall I enjoyed Letter Bee. 7/10 for me, could have been an 8 or 9 if not for the fillers.

My most recent life lesson: you know you're sleep deprived once you start daydreaming of dinosaurs..with whips.
Aug 16, 2010 9:40 PM

Jun 2009
That was a pretty good ending, but all the fillers made not like this anime as much as I would've.

7/10 because I'm feeling generous.
Aug 28, 2010 12:30 PM

Nov 2008
That was the most evil cliffhanger I HAVE EVER SEEN !!!!!!

That was so sad D; Poor Lag

And Gauche DX DX DX
Plus how the hell did Roda turn into a humen ?
Sep 16, 2010 1:59 PM

Aug 2009
That was just such a perfect cliffhanger ending! It definitely shot up my score a little as well. I still think they could of made this season shorter. The filer really killed me in this
strong 8/10
Oct 15, 2010 9:34 AM

Jun 2009
Gaucheee!!! I miss you! how the hell did Roda turn into a human? Yeah I cry at the end when Lag laid on the snow ;_; Going to watch the second season!! Though Im the one who's late ^^;

Oct 22, 2010 3:48 PM

Jun 2008
Can't believe I waited this long to finish this. Time to jump into the second season! I'm late for that too hahaha
Dec 23, 2010 4:39 PM

Aug 2010
I loved this last arc because of the way it blended Zazie's, Anne's and Hunt's story all into one.
Dec 31, 2010 6:29 AM

Apr 2010
Definitely need more Niche and Lag, so I'll watch the second season though it's obviously stretched in its length. I'm okay with it.
7/10
Jan 24, 2011 9:53 AM
Jul 2010
Well, this anime was pretty good but it could have been a whole lot better if it had been shorter. Really, I was never bored and thought the fillers were enjoyable... in an average way that is. In a way that's entertaining but not amazingly engaging as the first 9 or 10 episodes were. I'm just glad the last 4 were also great. Especially this last one. I loved the conclusion of the arc and I was stunned by the revelations about Gauche that came from Hunt and Sarah's memories. Too bad the wind was so strong. I really wanted to know what's up with Sylvette's legs... And why is Roda a human? Wired thing... Moreover, they revealed quite a few new things real quick. Like when Gauche/Noir called himself a Marauder. No idea what that means. Anyway, I'm really curious about the "Reverse" organization and about why the call themselves "people who couldn't become a spirit". Also, this episode got me even more eager to know what happened in the "Day Of the Flicker". Besides, it was really sad to see Lag get shot by Gauche... It made me cry. Especially when followed by those flashbacks that showed instead of the preview.

Overall, this anime had lots of potential. A great story, amazing characters, awesome setting and atmosphere and great artwork, especially the color palette. The CG bugs looked awful at first but even though it took some time, I eventually got used to them. So the Gaichuu's design was the only flaw I found at first and for the first 9 episodes I thought this was gonna be a masterpiece. Too bad it lost its way in the middle. An amazing return isn't enough to make it great when it only happened in the last 3 episodes... This anime was still definitely a good watch and earns a 8/10 from me. It made me really eager to watch the second season though^^
hontobakaJan 24, 2011 10:09 AM
Feb 25, 2011 11:52 PM

Aug 2009
Wow, that town sure is full of ungrateful dickheads.
Ann ax Zazie (~_^)
As for the series, now I'm glad I'd been postponing it for ages since after such a cliffhanger I don't have to wait for the second season to air but simply start watching it right away.
metamorphiusFeb 25, 2011 11:57 PM
Sep 19, 2011 8:36 AM

Sep 2011
saxophone15 said:
Can't believe they ended the first season with a cliffhanger...not really a bad thing, I'm just really looking forward to what happens next.

He said it all. Can't wait for next season :/
Sep 22, 2011 6:47 PM

Jul 2011
Zazie!! T~T

Nice cliffhanger... read the manga so it ain't too much of a surprise, but I'll be watching season 2.

9/10. Only because of the damn fillers... (not the Zazie ones.) :3
Jun 9, 2012 4:23 AM

Jun 2011
This series trolled me so hard... I guess I would've been fine if I only watched the first 10 episodes, then maybe ep 14 (where the Doctor is introduced) and the last 5...

It was very absorbing over the first few eps, then incredibly boring in the middle and average at the end... At times it was painful to watch (all the retrospectives and scene recycling).

Guess I'll go and see if Reverse is any better...
Aug 28, 2012 7:34 AM

Aug 2010
teh anime was really boring teh middle but teh end was so cool...
i'm surprised Roda became a girl but shes really pretty and i like her outfit...
i wonder how Lag knew it's Roda....
i've been waiting to see how Gauche looks like 5 years after...i'm not sure if i really like he's appearance i prefer the older one...
it looks like Guche lost he's memories i don't think he was just ignoring Lag....
Feb 18, 2013 1:40 PM
Aug 2011
anime: See you in season 2!

me: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU-
Feb 21, 2014 1:44 PM
Mar 2012
I liked Roda better when she was a dog. Why another humanoid girl?

I wonder what happens when a human is shot with a heart bullet.
Apr 19, 2015 11:20 PM

Dec 2012
Ugh, those townspeople...

Holy smokes, this episode has definitely hyped me up for Reverse. Roda in human form, Gauche gone rogue, and a representative of Reverse. Many hints pointed towards Gauche having a falling out with the Bees, but to have taken a new name and treating Lag so coldly just blew me away.

Overall this really turned out to be a very unexpectedly pleasant surprise. I only noticed this after browsing through some FMA recommendations and watching the OP on a whim. The synopsis was like a puzzle and I wasn't sure what was going to happen. I loved the atmosphere and it heavily reminded me of the surreal fantasy feel that came with Sunday Without God. I've thoroughly enjoyed Lag's adventure thus far, both his quest to catch up to Gauche as well as his various jobs as a Bee kept my unrelenting attention.

8/10, Reverse is definitely high priority now.
Dec 30, 2016 4:58 PM

Jun 2013
This was a pretty annoying way to end a season finale, and with that, a season. Gauche appears in the last 5 minutes and he's Shadow The Hedgehog now. This seems like a joke instead of a payoff, and it makes me question if it was worth the wait and watching all the filler episodes, which was already a wildly mixed assortment.

A frustrating finale, but I've had worse. At least there's a season two, though I'm not sure if I'll bother with it.
LeeTailorDec 30, 2016 5:02 PM
Dec 26, 2018 8:21 PM

Dec 2015
a good story almost ruined for me by fillers and slow pace narration that last episode is epic tho
Aug 6, 2019 12:11 AM

Mar 2017
congrats zazie, you acquired a potential girlfriend haha.

wtf happened to Gauche tho ;w;
Didn't like some of the episodes cause they were kind of boring but overall this series was good.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Oct 8, 2019 6:38 PM

Oct 2015
I see Hunt and Sarah have decided to change their ways, more like Sara though, and thanks to Lag. I liked their backstory, it was emotional especially how Hunt gave away his hands for Sarah's freedom. But more importantly, how they were able to encounter Gauche and deceive people. I was actually disappointed that the Gaichuu never destroyed Hunt's heart, wanted to see for the first time how does it kill a person. Also I was puzzled by how that mob changed its tune after the word "money" was mentioned:-D. I see also Zazie is in love there with Anne, I was surprised and glad at the same though, I hope they will see each other on the second season. The highlight of the episode was of course Gauche and his mystery. Like what/who is reverse and what do they want with him? "Noir", is that Gauche or someone possessing him? That is his body though, but the way he acted so cold and distant to Lag, something must've been done to him. What was up with that hot new appearance by Roda, and why was she taunting Niche? Those sudden appearances left me really hanging and intrigued to the story progression.

Beside the nice cliffhanger, this wasn't that enjoyable for me. But it certainly was good as a time passer. But I'm looking forward to how Lag is going to meet his mother and how he's going to deal with the whole Gauche situation. Most of all if he's going to be the head Bee or not! The stories were lukewarm and predictable in a sense. The MC was a cringey cheesecake who always wants to do good, and go lengths for people. His left eye was creepy AF, reminded me of those kids in horror films. Niche was nice except she had a role of a back character. The story focused too much on Gauche and it was tiring sometimes. Some stories made me want to whack the screen. The animation was basic, the plot set up was a nice idea except it wasn't well executed. It was too soft, everything had to end in a happy ending! But I will check out season 2 if I feel like it someday though.

6/10.
lihle808Oct 8, 2019 6:49 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 3, 2021 11:18 PM

Aug 2017
Looks like a memory loss again. It's a shame that Gauche was used like that twice.

Season 1 is over. One of the worst anime from Fall 2009/Winter 2010 along with So Ra No Wo To, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, Ookamikakushi. While Baka to Test failed in the ending, So Ra No Wo To in SOL parts and Ookamikakushi in the mystery, Letter Bee fails with the pacing, excessive fillers and flashbacks. I'm going to watch S2 later but S1 is terrible. 4/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 30, 2022 12:03 AM
Nov 2021
Awsome child hood anime
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tegami Bachi Episode 18 Discussion

good-time - Feb 6, 2010

25 by Nichi-Ni »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:27 AM

Poll: » Letter Bee Episode 16 Discussion

Nakei - Jan 23, 2010

37 by UnoVerzum »»
Jan 3, 2023 8:01 PM

Poll: » Letter Bee Episode 6 Discussion

garfield15 - Nov 7, 2009

49 by UnoVerzum »»
Dec 19, 2022 7:32 PM

Poll: » Letter Bee Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Oct 17, 2009

80 by UnoVerzum »»
Dec 17, 2022 7:05 PM

Poll: » Tegami Bachi Episode 24 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 20, 2010

31 by Nurguburu »»
Jul 3, 2021 10:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.