Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 19, 2021 6:37 AM

Nov 2019
I don't do it a lot I just do it when the anime is super slow and I'm waiting for it to get to a certain point.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 19, 2021 6:42 AM

Oct 2020
Nope.

And i never see myself doing it. I prefer to watch my anime with my full attention.
Except for long-running shounen's tho. I watch 'em while doing something else, such as eating and opening my phone.

"ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴜɴɪᴛᴇᴅ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴀʀʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ɴᴏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ..." -Aigis
Jun 19, 2021 6:48 AM

Sep 2020
No, I haven't. When I was asking the correct way to watch Jojos, somebody said if i wanted to get through it faster, i could watch it at x2 speed, which just sounds weird to me.
Jun 19, 2021 6:51 AM

Jun 2010
What's the point? You can't appreciate the VA performance, OST, the atmosphere, etc. And the animation also looks comical.

If you just want a quick overview over what's happening in a title why not read a summary and call it a day?
Jun 19, 2021 6:51 AM

Oct 2018
I forced myself to watch a horrible anime in 2x. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to finish.
It was only the 2 last episode.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jun 19, 2021 6:52 AM

Aug 2018
No, if I don't like an anime I won't watch it or put something on in the background (like music)
_______I like rocks__

Dec 2020
sometimes i'll watch episodes in 1.5x speed if the characters annoy me
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dec 2015
I've never done that, never thought doing that and I will never do that
If Ufotable makes an anime remake of the Fate route and Tsukihime I can say that I lived a full life.

Sep 2020
You smell that?... I smell LIES. Well, bois and gurls time to sharpen your pitchforks and ready to light the torches. We have here a heretic.

Jun 19, 2021 6:54 AM
May 2018
I watch One Piece at 1.5 speed as I m binging it right now. Personally I think they make animation and VA speak slower as they have just 1 chapter for 1 ep and thats very little material. So watching it at 1.3,1.4 speed won't harm ur exp very much
Jun 19, 2021 6:56 AM

Mar 2019
I watched Aku no Hana in 1.5x speed.

I'll never do it again. Regret i finished the anime in first place.

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Jun 19, 2021 6:59 AM

Dec 2016
No that's just dumb, if the anime is slow I just drop it lol
한 번만 살지만 제대로 하면 한 번이면 충분해요
Jun 19, 2021 7:01 AM

Oct 2010
3 years too late, this thread was interesting but not anymore
Jun 19, 2021 7:03 AM

Oct 2019
Sometimes.... I watched record of Ragnarok in 1.5 speed so it would feel less like a slideshow.
Jun 19, 2021 7:05 AM

Nov 2020
Yea but only for One Piece and Naruto fillers. I also done it for rent a girlfriend because it was just so hard to watch. I only done it for some of hxh ant arc as that arc was just so slow. That’s pretty much it.
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
Jun 19, 2021 7:06 AM

Dec 2015
You're either watching the anime with the intended speed or you're just fooling yourself into thinking you've watched it. This isn't a class where all you need is understand what's being said, this is an audiovisual product that must be consumed the exact way it was intended to be.
Jun 19, 2021 7:07 AM

Nov 2019
aPleb said:
You smell that?... I smell LIES. Well, bois and gurls time to sharpen your pitchforks and ready to light the torches. We have here a heretic.

Forgive me for I have sinned (meeboo?)
Jun 19, 2021 7:07 AM

Nov 2019
Catalano said:

What's that supposed to mean? (Frog)
Jun 19, 2021 7:08 AM

Apr 2020
Watched over a 1000 episodes in 2x speed because it was fun experimenting and mostly I don't give a dn about va, ost.most of the va's are super Annoying especially female ones. Only story matters .
Jun 19, 2021 7:10 AM

Nov 2019
thiago52192 said:
You're either watching the anime with the intended speed or you're just fooling yourself into thinking you've watched it. This isn't a class where all you need is understand what's being said, this is an audiovisual product that must be consumed the exact way it was intended to be.

I only did it to get to a certain point where I would go back to watching it normally
Jun 19, 2021 7:13 AM

Apr 2019
Regularly. Life is shorter than the character limit.
Bleach is best consumed with your ears open and your eyes closed.
Jun 19, 2021 7:14 AM

Jan 2020
Nope, The OST gets butchered, The voice actors turn to chipmunks, The animation gets way weaker because timing is no more, Any type of atmosphere is weakened, Editing's weakened, Way harder to appreciate story or dialogue when your brain is going at double the speed (Most of the time you just ignore what you missed)

And if a show makes me lost interest in all the previous factors, I do this neat little trick, I'll let you in on it just because you're my friend, But don't tell anybody

I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Jun 19, 2021 7:18 AM

Apr 2020
thiago52192 said:

Not everything and everyone has the same point of view. Watching in 1.5-2x speed can actually help you a lot if the anime is in their snail pace on purpose like One Piece or any long running show whenever they get close to source material.
Jun 19, 2021 7:24 AM

Dec 2018
I almost never do it unless it's a recap ep.
Jun 19, 2021 7:33 AM

Oct 2015
My friend suggested me to do this last year when he was recommending me one piece since he's a "die hard" fan. Lmao, I can't call myself a die hard fan of something that I'll watch x2 speed. Anyways, I'm planning to start it next week and I'm never gonna do that..... And I'm
Jun 19, 2021 7:35 AM

Jun 2014
Nope, never.

This reminds me of that MAL user who bragged about watching anime at 3x speed all the time, lol.

Jun 19, 2021 7:39 AM

Dec 2015
Z_Pest said:
thiago52192 said:

Not everything and everyone has the same point of view. Watching in 1.5-2x speed can actually help you a lot if the anime is in their snail pace on purpose like One Piece or any long running show whenever they get close to source material.

That's 100% the adaptation fault for choosing to hurt the intended speed and consequently making the anime a bad product, instead of being on a hiatus or inserting non-canon episodes like any good adaptation. But increasing the speed would barely make it an watchable experience, with dialogues, soundtrack and probably even some animated scenes becoming extremely jarring. This would hurt the experience far more than just a slow arc. The right thing to do is read the manga on those specific arcs, because they have the pace that the author intended to have.
Jun 19, 2021 7:54 AM

Apr 2020
thiago52192 said:
Z_Pest said:

That's 100% the adaptation fault for choosing to hurt the intended speed and consequently making the anime a bad product, instead of being on a hiatus or inserting non-canon episodes like any good adaptation. But increasing the speed would barely make it an watchable experience, with dialogues, soundtrack and probably even some animated scenes becoming extremely jarring. This would hurt the experience far more than just a slow arc. The right thing to do is read the manga on those specific arcs, because they have the pace that the author intended to have.

exactly. So how you’re gonna fix that? Watch it in your own pace not in their snail pace. Not everyone likes to read manga, it just depends on your preference.
Jun 19, 2021 7:59 AM

Nov 2018
Yeah, many times. I don't think it was ever hard to watch for me.
This style, I usually use for boring shits which're hard to get.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Jun 19, 2021 8:00 AM
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓞𝓷𝓮

Jul 2020
I see more and more people say they watch not only Anime, but youtube videos, tv series, and regular movies at increased speed (whether it be 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x or more).

Personally, I watch at regular speed whenever I do my workouts, but when I'm just sitting in my chair and have my full attention to the screen, if I feel like the series is boring or too slow I'll watch it at 2x, otherwise 1.25x or 1.5x. I'm a busy person so I don't get as much free watching time as I used to, so that allows me to watch more episodes within a certain time frame. And yeah, I'd rather watch more episodes within an hour than only 2 and a half. That's just how I like to do things now, it may change in the future, who knows.

In the end, I think it's everyone's personal choice to watch media at normal or increased speed.

anime list -~~- manga list
Jun 19, 2021 8:02 AM

Oct 2010
Bitesthedust777 said:
Catalano said:

What's that supposed to mean? (Frog)

this bait was made 3 years ago, it was a fad on the forums. now it's too stale
Jun 19, 2021 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
I just completed Kakegurui Season 2 at 2x speed cause it was too dragged out but I also wanted to know what's gonna happen next. I don't think I've ever done that before.
Jun 19, 2021 8:11 AM

Aug 2017
When you watch anything, the director meant it to be at such a pace, be respectful of his work.

If you're not if the mood, you can always go for another show or activity.
Jun 19, 2021 8:14 AM

Aug 2020
I only watch the monogatari series at 2x because I am an highly intelligent human being who is capable of high level multitasking.

I plan to do the same for Tatami galaxy too.
Jun 19, 2021 8:15 AM

Dec 2015
Z_Pest said:
thiago52192 said:

exactly. So how you’re gonna fix that? Watch it in your own pace not in their snail pace. Not everyone likes to read manga, it just depends on your preference.
Except that doesn't fix anything. It only would if slow pace meaned slow motion. That's precisely why I mentioned those problems. All that might do is trick you into thinking you fixed something. If you rather fool yourself, it's your choice. But that doesn't mean I'm going to admit this is a valid option of consuming audiovisual entertainment. Specially with people literally doing this with every type of work (even those with perfectly fine pace). It's as insulting as those people changing the animation from 24fps to 60fps.
Jun 19, 2021 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
I've experimented with increasing the speed of anime and YouTube videos just to see how the experience is. I prefer watching it at a normal speed. I just don't feel as immersed into a show if I'm having to watch it at an increased speed.
Jun 19, 2021 8:16 AM
Jan 2021
In case of subs I watch it at normal speed(tbh I'm a slow reader & want to enjoy animation). But in case of dubs i usually increase the speed. (English is a fast language as compared to Japanese or many other languages - dubs at normal speed sound weird)
It is shocking to find how many people do not believe they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.
Dune
Jun 19, 2021 8:17 AM

Jul 2007
I'm a gentle person. I tend to wish for peace and harmony.

But people who watch anime at increased speed... I just want to clinch my weak arthritis withered fist and softly punch them in the fucking face!
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jun 19, 2021 8:24 AM

Apr 2020
thiago52192 said:
Z_Pest said:

Except that doesn't fix anything. It only would if slow pace meaned slow motion. That's precisely why I mentioned those problems. All that might do is trick you into thinking you fixed something. If you rather fool yourself, it's your choice. But that doesn't mean I'm going to admit this is a valid option of consuming audiovisual entertainment. Specially with people literally doing this with every type of work (even those with perfectly fine pace). It's as insulting as those people changing the animation from 24fps to 60fps.

Fool myself? I dont get what you’re talking about? It is my own preference. Stop twisting my words. I watch it that way because of its snail pace rather than reading the manga without voice and animation but I don’t do that normally. I think you’re misunderstanding something. I don’t watch any regular show at 1.5-2x speed. I watch it normally as you imply but for shows with snail pace and nonsense dialogue and powerpoint animation I do that and it’s usually the long running show that have that.
Jun 19, 2021 8:25 AM

Nov 2014
Catalano said:
Nah it was already discussed to death 3 years ago.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jun 19, 2021 8:27 AM

Sep 2020
I did it with one piece WCI, man it was boring as hell.
Jun 19, 2021 8:28 AM

Oct 2017
No, what's the point of watching it fast forward. Do you understand anything that happens?
Jun 19, 2021 8:29 AM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
There's absolutely no reason to watch anime double speed - except if all you want to do is to gain more series watched, which makes no sense. It's just impossible to get entertainment out of something that's not enjoyed as it should be
Jun 19, 2021 9:57 AM
May 2020
I would rather skip boring parts than watching it in 2x speed.
Jun 19, 2021 10:37 AM

Nov 2019
EndlessMaria said:

But people who watch anime at increased speed... I just want to clinch my weak arthritis withered fist and softly punch them in the fucking face!

This entire thing aside your account just spoiled an event in umineko that I'm not caught up to.
Jun 19, 2021 10:39 AM

Jul 2007
Bitesthedust777 said:
EndlessMaria said:

This entire thing aside your account just spoiled an event in umineko that I'm not caught up to.

I'm sorry about that. What spoiled you?
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jun 19, 2021 10:40 AM

Jun 2020
Not 2x but I pretty much watch most anime at 1.25x now. 1x dialogue is unnaturally slow and 1.25 just improves my experience overall and that's all I care about. Now something like Odd Taxi or Monogatari or Tatami Galaxy with faster flowing dialogue is good for 1x. Even 0.8x for Tatami lul
This anime shit is addictive
Jun 19, 2021 10:42 AM

Oct 2019
Bro why would you ruin the experience for yourself like that
Jun 19, 2021 10:53 AM

Apr 2014
No.

That's all I wanted to say but there's a 30 character limit.

Jun 19, 2021 10:57 AM

Nov 2019
EndlessMaria said:
Bitesthedust777 said:

I'm sorry about that. What spoiled you?

bruh really your name and those pictures tell me that Maria becomes a witch I didn't know.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - 30 minutes ago

4 by Catalano »»
2 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 8 hours ago

24 by rohan121 »»
8 minutes ago

» What else would be in your Favorites if you had MAL Supporter? (10 additional slots)

IpreferEcchi - 11 hours ago

7 by TRC_Randy »»
11 minutes ago

» The nicest chest you've seen on a male or female character

IpreferEcchi - 1 hour ago

8 by mizukasa »»
23 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 4 hours ago

23 by Leer »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.