Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2021 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think this show is trying Maam against opponents way bigger than her size on purpose LOL

Not going to lie, watching her fight was painful especially when she got physically tortured.
Jun 18, 2021 6:02 PM

Sep 2018
A much much better episode than previous one. Solid 5/5 for me
Next week is a recap episode (episode 37.5) so we will have to wait more two weeks for Leona new outfit. That's sad! And I bet they will change Leona's outfit in episode 38's ending song XD
Jun 18, 2021 6:05 PM

Dec 2020
DragonKnight92 said:
Next week is a recap episode (episode 37.5) so we will have to wait more two weeks for Leona new outfit. That's sad! And I bet they will change Leona's outfit in episode 38's ending song XD

I didn't like this episode at all. IMO the worse from the begining
Low animation, Bad drawing, Slow rythm, Bad adaptation....

And all this shit about Maam's pant censorship and we have my big blue grandmother pant instead...

2 weeks wait ? Oh shit !

I'm salty this week ...
Le-ConteurJun 18, 2021 6:12 PM
Jun 18, 2021 6:11 PM

Sep 2018
Le-Conteur said:

And all this shit about Maam's pant censorship and we have my big blue grandmother pant instead...

2 weeks wait ? Oh shit !

I'm salty this week ...

Nah the animation is good, no it's great! Much much better than last week
About Maam's pantsu, I have no idea lol XD
Jun 18, 2021 6:24 PM
Jul 2020
Le-Conteur said:
DragonKnight92 said:

2 weeks wait ? Oh shit !

I'm salty this week ...

Not sure what you're talking about, but in this episode the animation was pretty good. Topping every episode in this arc so far, maybe except for one.
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?tags=dragon_quest%3Adai_no_daibouken_%282020%29
WhooKatoJun 18, 2021 7:26 PM
Jun 18, 2021 6:30 PM

Sep 2018
Ok let's talk about Toei's weird censorship
> They censored Maam's legs with black tights
> But now they show Maam's superman-panty...lol
Now Maam is Superman v2 lmao XDXDXD

Jun 18, 2021 6:33 PM
Jul 2020
DragonKnight92 said:

Ehh, it's more on Tv Tokyo, the station DQ airs on it and its timeslot. It's weird on what is allowed or not
Jun 18, 2021 7:36 PM

Jun 2015
Something I like about Dai no Daibouken is how all the minor enemies (or even some of the main) seem to have humanity in them.
Anyway, Maam time is blessed time!
Jun 18, 2021 7:37 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was great. The action was freaking good. Maam kicking major butt in this episode was fun to watch. That Refractor fist is very deadly which Maam was chosen to have. Though the wekaness of it is that it is used on the fists, and should the hands be blocked it can't be used. Maam and Popp buys enough time for Dai to be given the opportunity then managed to deliver the final blow. Zamza eventually giving his knowledge and results to his father. The Sword of Champions was a fake which is why it shattered so easily, and the real one is offered to Hadlar which makes things worse than it has too. Zamza deep down wanted his father's love. Now Zaboera finally has the results he needed, and now is using everything he can for Hadlar.
Jun 18, 2021 7:39 PM
Oct 2016
Nice end to this arc with Zamza defeated by a nice group effort. Maam has shown how powerful she's become after that training. The flashback scenes this episode were funny with their master obviously faking his illness for whatever reason. Which I hope we find out why or something. His technique did make a lot of sense though. Basically overload a body with healing magic to the point of crumbling. I'd honestly never thought of that before or even seen it used in a battle story before. A great idea which worked wonders on even a superior being. Its sad to look at the whole picture of who Zamza was. Merely wanting to be loved by his father who is too caught up in his selfish nature. Sending that data he'd collected, as well as I'm sure the info from this fight, to Zaboera is a huge problem for Dai. Hadlar in his bacta tank being even stronger along with that sword of champions will only become harder to defeat. Recap/break next week but hopefully we get some info about where things will go.
Jun 18, 2021 7:40 PM

Jun 2015
DragonKnight92 said:

Oh well, that's awkward :P
Jun 18, 2021 7:41 PM
Oct 2016
Le-Conteur said:
DragonKnight92 said:

2 weeks wait ? Oh shit !

I'm salty this week ...

Its really weird and childish how y'all complain about Maam panties every week. It really makes me question your priorities here. Like why such a focus on such a minor thing. If that's honestly your biggest and most consistent complaint then I'd say the anime/adaptation is doing a pretty good job.

But go ahead and keep whining about panties of all things
Jun 18, 2021 8:10 PM

Sep 2018
Dukino said:
Nice end to this arc with Zamza defeated by a nice group effort

No this Holy Sword Arc is far from ending XD 6 more eps!
As I said before, Maam or Hyper Demon are not main plot for this arc. Keep your eyes wide open for

Jun 18, 2021 8:19 PM
Sep 2015
I think the worst thing is that the next episode is a recap, even if it makes sense because we're already past 1/3 of the story (38% to be exact), but it still upset me. We'll probably have another recap episode around episode 70.

Though this tournament arc is not much of a tournament, reminds me of Dragon Ball tournament arc where things are normal for only one or two episodes and then suddenly a situation beyond control happened that destroy the tournament.
Jun 18, 2021 8:46 PM

Jan 2009
they made suggestive sexual angles on Maam there eh

so the grand martial arts technique of Maam is an OverHeal a lost art it seems

and Dai learned how to efficiently use his power now and not all go full 100% at all times to make his stamina longer

looks like Hadlar will be the complete Superior Being then
Jun 18, 2021 10:20 PM

Jan 2012
So is next week's episode actually counted as 38 if it's gonna be nothing but recap? Guess we'll see...
Jun 18, 2021 11:05 PM

Nov 2007
animefan88001 said:
So is next week's episode actually counted as 38 if it's gonna be nothing but recap?
no It won't be. it's a special ep. / recap ep.
特別編
総集編

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VbeZ0c_BWQ
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 19, 2021 12:21 AM

May 2015
It's 2021, why are recap still a thing.
Feels like a bad thing, Most of the time, recap episodes either mean a lack of budget or that they reached a point where they're very late on production and must stall. I hope it's not.
Jun 19, 2021 12:48 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's sad for Zamza how he was manipulated by his father... but well that was a good fight anyway, RIP even though I disliked him obviously
Jun 19, 2021 1:13 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay explanations over Maam glowing fist power. So its Overheal basically. Well, its kinda weird with all of those Maam blue panty shot. More like Superman? Couldn't aggree more about that! Dai finally blew some good hit, ultimately defeating Zamza on the right spot. But, the sword actually a fake one? And its already dropped to Zaboera's place? That's explain why Zamza took zero interest to those sword. Then, oh, that's quite emotional end for Zaboera's son. Its still expected, tho, considering his research being served all the way to his dang father. Idk how its works out, why little Zaboera can having son like Zamza. But, nevermind that, its give Dai some good moral lesson about his own father, Baran. So, yeah, can't wait for the next arc to roll out, with a glimpse of Hadlar trying to be ready for some action in the future. However, looks like the next week will be getting another break (possibly seasonal break) and spare some recap episode for filling out the time slot. Okay, then!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 19, 2021 1:16 AM

Jan 2009
Turtles_Hunter said:
It's 2021, why are recap still a thing.
Feels like a bad thing, Most of the time, recap episodes either mean a lack of budget or that they reached a point where they're very late on production and must stall. I hope it's not.

recap episodes is a sign of the production schedule getting bad for sure
Jun 19, 2021 1:18 AM

Dec 2020
Dukino said:
Le-Conteur said:

2 weeks wait ? Oh shit !

I'm salty this week ...

Its really weird and childish how y'all complain about Maam panties every week. It really makes me question your priorities here. Like why such a focus on such a minor thing. If that's honestly your biggest and most consistent complaint then I'd say the anime/adaptation is doing a pretty good job.

But go ahead and keep whining about panties of all things

You didn't understand at all !!!
I was ironical !

All those polemics all weeks about panties and people had the panties in this episode !
Jun 19, 2021 2:40 AM

May 2012
The worst part in this episode is the recap preview. We have to wait two weeks to see Dai again !!

Maybe they need more time to animate the upcoming huge fight.....

The King mention that Sword of Champions is made from same material as Crown of Champions.... Crown of Champions is the prize that Dai got from the king after defeating the fake heroes in episode 1
thepathJun 19, 2021 10:01 AM
Jun 19, 2021 3:04 AM

May 2018
I hope Maam punches me like that as well Hnnngh

Now Dai can use his crest power effectively
Jun 19, 2021 3:41 AM

Nov 2020
Great episode, good fight, funny dq jokes and in the end even Zamza did want something more.

About the recap, well, is a good point for doing it I suposse, I think that after the Hyunckel saga we did have a week without episode too, right? If is for the best, I don't care so much, still, two weeks of wait... xD.
Jun 19, 2021 4:14 AM

Sep 2018
I feel like Toei and Bandai are trolling manga fans lol
Manga fans: "Why censoring Maam legs? Where's her pantsu???"
Toei: "Ok, so you want pantsu? Let her wear pantsu over tights like superman!"
What's worse? Bandai Namco has just updated some new Maam's cards on Xross Blade game. You will have two versions of Maam:
- Censored Maam: Less HP, Magic, Attack, Speed, Defense stats
- Uncensored Maam: More powerful in every stats!
lmao XDXDXD

Jun 19, 2021 4:45 AM

Aug 2018
IMO one of the best episodes of the series and a surprisingly very good ending for a mediocre mini-arc. I don't know why some manga readers keep complaining every single episode.
Also, censorship or not, Maam's outfit in the anime is way better than in the manga anyway
Masha-maJun 19, 2021 4:50 AM
Jun 19, 2021 9:55 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Dai finally beat Zamza even tough he had a little bit of stamina left. Too bad the Sword of Champions that Dai had was a fake and the real one is in the hands of Hadlar. Next episode is going to be a recap so no new Dai episode next week.
Jun 19, 2021 12:59 PM
Apr 2021
This episode was FIRE 5/5 but damn is the next episode gonna be filler???
Jun 20, 2021 12:39 AM

Oct 2008
Zamza did not die in vain...oh man looks like the fall of Zamza will power-up hyper dark Haldar!
5/5.

Jun 20, 2021 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
maan's fights are still good i liked the highlight in the episode very fun to see the fights during the episode it seems that something very terrible is going to happen by this end of the episode.
Jun 23, 2021 6:17 PM

Sep 2018
Xross Blade: Three cards with manga's arts have been released! These are so amazing!!!

Jun 24, 2021 8:32 PM

Jan 2012
tsubasalover said:
animefan88001 said:
So is next week's episode actually counted as 38 if it's gonna be nothing but recap?
no It won't be. it's a special ep. / recap ep.
特別編
総集編

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VbeZ0c_BWQ

Why did MAL never alert me to this response? I just happened to notice entirely by chance days later.

Well regardless thanks. I'll know I can avoid it then.
Jul 4, 2021 6:25 PM

Mar 2010
Ah yea maam is more likeable now

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 6, 2021 11:09 PM
Oct 2019
i see what you did there Toei, making weird angles on Mammu.

wow in the Manga Mammu didn't wear any stocking at all.
well can't avoid the censorship.

Mammu did great and Dai used Aban Sutorasu once again and it looks amazing.
Oct 9, 2022 11:20 AM

Feb 2016
I suppose this time is as good as any to drop the show. It got so much worse after Dai's father was introduced.
その目だれの目?
Oct 9, 2022 11:34 AM

Dec 2020
Lucifrost said:
I suppose this time is as good as any to drop the show. It got so much worse after Dai's father was introduced.

You should not OMG

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.