Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 25, 2021 1:07 AM

May 2009
ThirteenEleven said:
bastek66 said:

He's there for a second so it's clear indication that he survived.

Or you know, it's just a way of anime showing that he is being missed? Such thing often happens when one character thinks they saw someone dead just to turn around and be disappointed. At least to me it's rather clearly such case in here.
And honestly, there is no reason for him to survive: his reason of dying was explained and seemed unavoidable. Then nothing happened that could work some miracles or w/e - no space magic, no friendship power - they just beat the bad guy. Him suddently being better would be extreme asspull or even plothole (based on earlier explaination).

We will know for sure when sequel will be out
Dec 10, 2021 2:24 AM

Aug 2017
I think I enjoyed Gridman more, this was ok. The characters made the show for me, Yume development was pretty good and other characters like Koyomi, Yomogi and Chise were pretty fun to follow. Had not that much interest in the plot though until the last few episodes, but even then I found it pretty meh. Still an enjoyable ride.

6.5/10
Feb 6, 2022 12:17 AM

May 2020
Personally, I'm not really sure how to rate this. Personally, I think Gridman was better than this, especially in the story department and the fight scenes. The only solid thing in Dynazenon's favour are the characters, who are just as underdeveloped as the Gridman characters but a bit more likable for me.

A decent show but I'm definitely excited for the next installment. It's going to be hella interesting to see what they're going to do next.
Feb 16, 2022 1:41 AM

Jan 2021
This was atrocious. I sat through 12 episodes of nothing happening. The secondary plot that permeated nearly every episode about Yume's sister never got resolved. The NEET's constant flashbacks to the bag of money had no payoff. There was no resolution to him dating the married woman. I have no idea what the kaiju users' end goal was, why Gauma betrayed them 5,000 years ago, or how they got revived. No explanation for how Yomogi could seemingly be a kaiju user himself or where this power came from. The whole thing was a mess of loose ends. The antagonists seemed interesting by being morally grey throughout the show, but in the end, no, they all just merged into one monster to try to destroy everything. Very disappointing. Not a single character other than Gauma was remotely likeable. I do not believe for a second Yomogi liked Yume. She has less personality than a dead rock. She always has the same dumb blank expression on her face and speaks in a flat monotone voice. Even when she was falling off the flood gate she didn't emote anything. There is zero chemistry between them. I'd say it's a case of it was the first girl in his life that paid attention to him but that's not the case because he already had female friends. I have no idea what he sees in her. Yume was a bland blank slate of a character and being dragged along for 10+ episodes waiting for her sister issue to be resolved and still never finding out what happened despite the red herrings of the choir club member and the boyfriend being suspicious just made me angry. I feel like it wasted my time. In the end the show was all style and zero substance.
Feb 24, 2022 6:45 AM
Feb 2022
Wait so what was the third thing to never forget?
It was promises, love, and i never heard the third
Mar 16, 2022 8:51 PM

Oct 2020
I loved this! Part of me was worried they'd botch the finale, but they definitely didn't. Everything more or less got its own resolution.

I also loved the Yume x Yomogi romantic payoff, even if it was short, it's pretty much confirmed they're dating with Yomogi calling Minami by her first name and them holding hands on their way to the cafe. I also saw someone mention how Yomogi was dressed as a mummy (like Gauma) and Yume was dressed as a princess (like the princess Gauma loved).
Their relationship was handled so well and, despite the series being only 12 episodes, developed at a very natural pace. I'd honestly say their romance was handled better than most actual romance anime I've seen.
Apr 3, 2022 7:26 AM

Apr 2011
Sad to see Dynazenon, Gauma, and even the Kaiju users gone. It was an epic battle.

...wait I Gauma right before they leave. Wat...?

It has its dull moments, but I enjoyed the show. Glad that its over.
Apr 13, 2022 4:59 PM
Jan 2022
does anyone know if there is a manga for ssss dynazenon and where i can read it
Apr 16, 2022 8:06 AM

Jun 2012
I really liked the ambience of the quiet moments in this show. Felt real.
Jun 2, 2022 8:36 AM

Mar 2013
That was a lonely ending but I love it nonetheless. I guess Yume and Yomogi are going out with each other now seeing that they're calling each other by their given name. Such sweet relationship. I was hoping for more!

Chise and Koyomi are still friends as ever, glad to see them both okay.

Overall, I would give this a 8/10! but since there will be a collaboration between this and Gridman, I gave it a 9/10.

P.S. I wonder why is Dynazenon working and moving in that "cliffhanger" lol! I'll be looking forward to that Movie collab... but they could've just made it a series. lol

Sol_Ou said:
I really liked the ambience of the quiet moments in this show. Felt real.
I solemnly agree!
CrazyButNot4UJun 2, 2022 11:02 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 26, 2022 6:02 AM

Jun 2021
Epic final episode. For a moment I didn't recognize Koyomi there (looking pretty handsome). Personally I don't think Dynazenon as a whole was better than Gridman as some stuff felt unfinished (damn Gauma never told us the third thing), but still a great series.
Dec 27, 2022 10:40 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
This anime was a mess. It felt like I was watching two different anime plots in one goddamn anime and the Mecha power rangers half was the bad half of each episode.
Jan 30, 2023 12:09 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I feel like I finally got the Kaiju genre with Dynazenon, this might be better than Gridman, at least for me.
Feb 8, 2023 5:38 PM
Nov 2018
it was fine, there are several things that pissed me off, they way the characters reacted to becoming dynazenon pilots and fighting kaijus, like it was some kind of minor inconvenience and not a life or death situation, and the way they talked often monotonous and inexpresive no matter what was being discussed, and in the same way the emotional moments didnt do much for me and the show could have benefit from more episodes to explain some thing like: what are kaiju users? how does one become a kaiju user? yomogi being one all of the sudden felt like a plot convenience, besides that, the battles and transforming sequences were really cool, and the animation quality was good, overall i liked it.
Apr 5, 2023 9:57 AM

Aug 2020
Wouldn't compare with gridman since gridman was more of a plot driven and mystery series where the ending made a lot sense with the way they ended it while dynazenon ending is just so satisfying because of giving conclusions to almost every character and that's why it makes it completely character driven series.
Really loved that fight and that conversation between suzumi and yomogi was my fav part of this eps.
May 27, 2023 4:05 AM
Sep 2015
personally enjoyed this series more than gridman, as someone else mentioned while gridman focuses on the overall story and world-building - dynazenon is character driven, more of a character study. and personally i enjoy that more, but they use two different kind of story-telling so it's difficult to compare the two.
it was a nice ride and i really enjoyed the way it interacted with the characters and how it'd let there just be silence at times.
Oct 24, 2023 9:01 PM
Oct 2023
aplusooooooooooooooooos
subarashiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
gracias TRIGGER por entregarnos esta maravillosa obra y pareja canonia
Oct 25, 2023 4:59 AM

Dec 2022
Dynazenon was surprisingly good; having the chemistry, motivations, and general depth of setting that Gridman was painfully lacking in. Moreover, it never forgot the role the antagonist was supposed to play throughout the anime, which was a welcome sight. Even the kaiju battles were improved, with much more vigour and fluidity to them, as well as some cool transformation scenes.

Shaded Horizon

Nov 13, 2023 10:21 PM

Aug 2011
Exactyl like sss gridman the story doesn't pick itself up until near the ending of the episodes but I think like gridman more. Mujina is the best.
Jan 6, 10:36 AM

Jul 2016
*lots of loose ends and unanswered questions still remaining*
Final episode: "hehe, big kaiju fight with tons of mecha combinations goes brrrrrrrrrrrr"

Underwhelming finale but I was half expecting a resolution like this after noticing the amount of unaddressed plot points the show was carrying throughout its runtime. Some of them being: Yomogi somehow being able to use "Instance Domination", the Princess' identity and how she and Gauma became lovers, the Kaiju Eugenicists' ultimate goal, the cast never addressing the numerous deaths each confrontation with Kaijus provoked, the deal with Koyomi's old classmate and her behavior towards him, Chise's unexplored background, etc.
Not to mention that Yume's sister's death being a mere accident all along makes me think those 9 episodes of buildup pointing at something greater were nothing but a huge waste of time for me.

5/10 - This said, I still think Dynazenon is slightly better than Gridman, but only because Dynazenon does it better at exploring interpersonal relationships as well as giving interesting character study moments from time to time.
Jan 27, 3:49 AM
Mar 2016
If someone is up for an argument with me. then I'm game. try to persuade me to rate this anime 8/10 (don't bother with 10/10 because that's for jujutsu kaisen or hunter x hunter 2011 level). I would rate this anime definitely 5/10 at the best I can. First thing first, I see kaiju destroy multiple giant building. I assume there are a lot of people living in there and it is not for show, right? Why nobody show any concern about those people is crushed in the building. each building is like 500 - 1000 people living in there.
Secondly, With that many destruction. Yet, no millitary involve to stop the threat. WTF!? So like if Dynazenon is not there then the world is destroy. The two reasons I just mention like that is already make this anime not worth rate it even for 1/10 let along rate it 5/10.
Conclusion: as much as I hate to say it. even if this anime meant for kid or something like that. A Robot hero instead of base on real technology like Gundam. And they gone all out of having like no one in the building for kid to watch a hero robot. Gidman case is different. I remember like no one have see anything except those choosen one.
Feb 25, 11:53 PM

Dec 2022
love it felt great damn gonna miss Goldburn and gonna miss Gauma he was the realest of real AND I LOVE THAT DYNO REX!!!
gannoncannon55Feb 25, 11:56 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2021

106 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 25, 11:06 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2021

63 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 25, 10:41 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2021

58 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 25, 10:08 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

58 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 25, 9:43 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2021

80 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 25, 9:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.