Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2021 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode kinda played out like fate, almost like everything was destined to happen in such a way.

And in terms of firewpower, Sophia make a hell of an impression. Perhaps exceeded anyone's expectations. Oh and Ariel really is something. In these latest episodes, she's really shown why she's lived up to her title as a Demon Lord.

Jun 18, 2021 6:24 AM
Jun 2020
thats it the anime gets from me a 6/10 more does it not deserve i mean robots in a fantasy world? thats so stupid and those 2 sophia and wrath are so cocky their arrogance knows no bounds it triggers me so hard just because they were reincarated as monsters they act all high and mighty especially sophia who was back outside and inside ugly ass hell is still ugly inside
Jun 18, 2021 6:55 AM

Jun 2019
No Kumoko in this episode sadly. Just her human form glance after the credits. But, we got to see the fight going on through the human's side. Shun is handling himself quite well against Hugo and Hugo looks pretty weak against Shun because of his stats. Hugo is losing and he deserves that.

On the other hand, Sophia is really cocky but she has every right to be so cocky when she's that strong. Sophia is taking on Shun and his friends by herself until the last moment when Kyouya arrived on the battlefield to give his assistance. He's really strong as well. Sophia's really showing why she's the Demon Lord after all. We'll see how the last episode goes.
Jun 18, 2021 6:56 AM

Jul 2017
Of course, all of this is the "tip of the iceberg" act that intertwines in the most fucked up way possible. From the Demon Lord's army of Hugo (human) and Ariel (demon) leading the way to exterminate the Elf village, to even Oka-sensei heself as the daughter of Potimas having insider interpersonal rivalries. The whole thing was a cutthroat set-up.

The fight betwen Shun and Kengo, it's obvious that the former is stronger, and part of the plan that Shouko has been hiding all along with the other Demon Lord commanders (for which Merazophis is one). Hugo was just a tool for Sophia to exact the true plan, and the allied "power of friendship" humans and Oka-sensei must defeat them...by getting over the self-aware Sophia first, with her powers definitely exceeding expectations.

Fei requesting for surrender may be the last of the choices that Shun and Co. may live up to the late hero Julius to defeat a Demon Lord...but even against Kyouya, the newly resurrected 8th Demon Lord Commander Wrath, there seems to be no way that Shun and Co. are able to make it out alive, even when elve reinforcements arrive to their aid and fire at will.

The last thing that this show needs: mechs for weapons. What is becoming of this convoluted world? And Ariel is ready to bring havoc onto Potimas's way.

YELP...confusion rings in the brain...
Jun 18, 2021 6:57 AM
Dec 2017
At the very least this ep doesn't look like it was outsourced few days before airing date. Maybe it was done by those who are responsible for Kumoko's parts?
Maruseru93 said:
thats it the anime gets from me a 6/10 more does it not deserve i mean robots in a fantasy world?

It's not like there could be a reason for it, right? Don't think, jump to conclusions!
Jun 18, 2021 6:59 AM

Feb 2019
The human only episodes>>>>>

Love seeing their perspective. But I hate the CGI used for the Shun v Hugo fight. I’ve seen a lot of people praise kumo’s CGI use, but I think it’s awful. Luckily, the story is good enough to make up for any of that.

The fact the hero and everyone else combined have no shot of taking on Sophia shows how OP she is. Good call by Fei to hold off on doing anything rash. Kyouya being with the demon army is pretty cool. I was wondering if any of the reincarnations got the opportunity to go to the other side.

That scream by Shun at the end was pretty gut wrenching. Gonna be interesting to see how they wrap this first season up next week. With the success this show’s had and the LN’s sells, I don’t think s2 is far away.
Marinate1016Jun 18, 2021 7:06 AM
Jun 18, 2021 6:59 AM

Nov 2019
Ah yes, it would only make sense that the Elves' secret weapon in a fantasy world would be ARMED MECHAS.

But seriously though, why the sudden genre change?
Jun 18, 2021 7:03 AM
Jun 2020
Pre_Yum said:
On the other hand, Sophia is really cocky but she has every right to be so cocky when she's that strong. Sophia is taking on Shun and his friends by herself until the last moment when Kyouya arrived on the battlefield to give his assistance. He's really strong as well. Sophia's really showing why she's the Demon Lord after all. We'll see how the last episode goes.

if i was reincarnated in this world i would butcher them to death those 2 for being so cocky

TheCeeJayz said:
Ah yes, it would only make sense that the Elves' secret weapon in a fantasy world would be ARMED MECHAS.

i think author though this would improve the story but i think its shit
Jun 18, 2021 7:03 AM

Jul 2010
It's not a genre change. Not sure if they'll explain the mechs in the last episode. But the whole world ending thing that everyone with max Taboo, including Ariel knows about is a lot more in depth than just a normal apocalypse.

Read the WB or LN if you're interested.
Or if you really don't care about spoilers, msg me and I'll explain everything.
Jun 18, 2021 7:11 AM

Apr 2018
Mecha genre joined in the middle of nowhere in an isekai world lol, okay I guess..
Kyouya's design is fucking cool, man looks like a samurai. The fight between Sophia and Shun and Shun vs Hugo was alright, animation was just horrible but I still love the anime. Hopefully we'll see Kumoko next ep.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 18, 2021 7:28 AM
Jul 2014
Millepensee has single handedly ruined this adaptation
Jun 18, 2021 7:31 AM

Feb 2014
Bad episode, bad CGI, bad plot, I love kumoko, but this present part is really stupid.
Jun 18, 2021 7:34 AM

Jan 2013
This show simply aggressively refuses to make any sense whatsoever. They didn't bother to explain even the basics about the world, and now they just switched to mecha which they aren't going to explain either. That's rich worldbuilding for you. Buy the novels hoping they are going to make sense.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jun 18, 2021 7:34 AM
Aug 2019
It seems anime decided to introduced the technological nature of the elven civilization right away.

In the LN, there was a much slower development, there we there given some insides of this, before the full scale introduction (which happened in later volume). Until then, as I can remember, we had one scene with Potimas and Sophia which still didn't happened in the anime, and an order to deploy the "Glorias" against the demon army. Without any actual mechas. Which made the introduction to this side of the world more easy and natural, and what those mechas exactly are was also explained.

But here we have mechas out of nowhere. We don't know what they are and where did they come from. So I can understand the anime-only people who are confused and irritated. All I can say is, where is a good reason for mechas being in this fantasy world, and it connects organically to the bigger picture.
Jun 18, 2021 7:35 AM

Feb 2020
"So, I didn't show up, but who cares?"

Only hoomans this time. Well, it was an okay episode. CGI wasn't so impressive though.
Jun 18, 2021 7:36 AM

Oct 2017
Well the action scenes were alright. Hugo's taken cared of which is nice. Those machines are quite troublesome but I'm sure it won't be that much of a challange to the demon army higher ups.

I wonder what the actual truth is, what are the elves planning and why do the demons need to kill them.

Once again no Kumoko in this episode and only one more episode to go. Looks like we'll see her in the final scene at best. Looking forward to the finale.
Jun 18, 2021 7:36 AM
May 2015
They really went there, some choices in this episode is surprising and the finally will be interesting
Jun 18, 2021 7:46 AM

Oct 2017
Another full episode wasted on the boring human side, ugh...
WTF is this crap?!
Jun 18, 2021 7:48 AM
Aug 2020
I can't wait for spider chan action next ep she's badass in present timeline
Jun 18, 2021 7:49 AM
Jun 2021
RainyShadow said:
Another full episode wasted on the boring human side, ugh...
WTF is this crap?!

An anime that follows the story.
Jun 18, 2021 7:54 AM

Oct 2017
groudonvert said:

They could have reduced the boring part and add more of what is the selling point of all this - Kumoko!
Jun 18, 2021 7:57 AM
Jun 2021
RainyShadow said:
groudonvert said:

They could have reduced the boring part and add more of what is the selling point of all this - Kumoko!

They did. Anime skipped LN1 entirely and most of LN3. But the most important part (LN5) had to be in it, nonetheless.

Besides, when I watch The Lord of the Ring, I want to see the guy who sells the movie... So why Sauron never appears ???
Jun 18, 2021 8:07 AM

Jan 2014
Looked wonky in parts for sure, but certainly wasn't bad. Did quite enjoy it. Can't believe the last ep is already next week.
Jun 18, 2021 8:08 AM

Nov 2014
Underwhelming animation aside...

I'm so fed up with Shun's cheesy hero act. Someone kill that kid already, please.
Wtf is with ppl triggered over some mechs? Even reincarnations were surprised, so the whole point of them is to be out of place. It's obviously a lead to Potimas doing some shady stuff, like importing them from another world or w/e.

Based on after credits part, next episode looks promising. Shame it will be the last one. There is still way too many things I want explained.
Jun 18, 2021 8:11 AM
Jan 2021
I want spider to come and fight the 'good guys' and I want to know how Ariel 'defeated' her
Jun 18, 2021 8:12 AM

Jul 2009
I was rooting for Sophia.

Shun's group is cringe.
Jun 18, 2021 8:14 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
So, the animation wasn't that great, Shun's hero role feels generic and the mechs felt kinda out of place to be honest. At least this episode featured more on the vampire girl and the other guy, which makes it better than the last human centric one already. Nevertheless, Kumoko is Kumoko, these episodes can't beat that with a cast whose names I've mostly forgotten at this point.

I'm giving it and Ok, not much else.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 18, 2021 8:15 AM
Jul 2015
3D element in this episode is so crappy. The use of 3D camera movement is so not necessary. I would prefer if they keep using 2D only.

And shun's dialogues are cringey. Feels just like a kid crying for peace, not a hero fighting for peace.
Jun 18, 2021 8:23 AM

Jan 2018
I dont like it. I dont like it. A whole episode without Kumo is shit episode. 2/5
Jun 18, 2021 8:25 AM

Jan 2018
Panzer92 said:

I'm so fed up with Shun's cheesy hero act. Someone kill that kid already, please.
Wtf is with ppl triggered over some mechs? Even reincarnations were surprised, so the whole point of them is to be out of place. It's obviously a lead to Potimas doing some shady stuff, like importing them from another world or w/e.

Based on after credits part, next episode looks promising. Shame it will be the last one. There is still way too many things I want explained.

Lmao, hope that Shun really die and let the human side be a side story.
Jun 18, 2021 8:28 AM
Mar 2011
Well, now it looks as if they really are trying to finish the story in the one season. By dropping most of the story, huh. Especially the "what happened to Sophia, where Rage came from, how White appeared and where is Kumoko, how the 3-sided-battle Maou-Kumo-Julius went, what are these machines and why elves have them" parts...
Too bad. It deserved a better adaptation.
Jun 18, 2021 8:29 AM
Feb 2017
Maruseru93 said:
thats it the anime gets from me a 6/10 more does it not deserve i mean robots in a fantasy world? thats so stupid and those 2 sophia and wrath are so cocky their arrogance knows no bounds it triggers me so hard just because they were reincarated as monsters they act all high and mighty especially sophia who was back outside and inside ugly ass hell is still ugly inside

Why do you think it is fantasy?
Jun 18, 2021 8:29 AM
Jun 2021
Iroha_Pixie said:
Panzer92 said:

Lmao, hope that Shun really die and let the human side be a side story.

Well Shun is the cliché of the hero who think that everything is possible because he's the hero and he has the power of friendship...

But it's Kumo Desu Ga Nani Ka, not a generic Isekai World, as Sophia says to him, this kind of thing doesn't work because he doesn't know how the world actually works.
Jun 18, 2021 8:31 AM
Feb 2017
TheCeeJayz said:

Maybe it was sci-fi all along.
Jun 18, 2021 8:35 AM
Jul 2018
The adaptation continues from the rock-bottom, although i guess this week's one is just very slightly above last week's shitshow. And we get the continuation of the battle in the Desert of Elves but discriminate against Kumoko by not showing the continuation from the previous episode's battle with Ariel.

The blue-haired guy finally fully becomes the embodiment of shounen protagonists with his "Win with the power of friendship" and "Even if we lose, we cannot back down and will keep fighting until our HP drops to 0" crap. Well, in this case since Sophia can't kill the reincarnators, the blue-haired guy can just keep on fighting with his friends without fear of death, which would just result in a stalemate anyway.

What in my mind should have been quickly covered in 2 epsiodes max ended up being dragged to the last episode. I bet there wouldn't be much love for Kumoko's story next week either. Oh well, at least we finally get the "Wrath join the battle!" part. (Don't know why but I always assumed his character to be the serious, stoic, somber type rather than the adaptation's joyful character...)

p.s. no extensive rant about stereotypical-isekai-hero(LOL) male character this time since it would just be a repeat of the same things from my previous comments (cos he hasn't changed at all)
removed-userJun 18, 2021 8:40 AM
Jun 18, 2021 8:41 AM
Jun 2020
[/quote]Why do you think it is fantasy?[/quote] well magic, dragons and swords thats are some elements of a fantasy world
Jun 18, 2021 8:42 AM
Sep 2019
I liked the Episode but the 3D art and the manipulation of the anime is something I don't like and I want to see kumoko in the original timeline
Jun 18, 2021 8:44 AM

Mar 2021
Perfect episode in my opinion. Ever since this series began, every episode ends with a cliffhanger.... i mean, even if you feel like this story is getting pretty boring, the cliffhanger ending covers it up. I wanna see that "whaaaaa......!!!???" face from the humans in the next episode when kumoko introduces herself.....
Jun 18, 2021 8:44 AM

Aug 2018
That Sophia is one little hot blood sucker! Loved her time in the spotlight.
Jun 18, 2021 8:45 AM
Feb 2017
Why do you think it is fantasy?[/quote] well magic, dragons and swords thats are some elements of a fantasy world[/quote]
D gave Kumo a cellphone and GuliGuli also knew what it was.
Jun 18, 2021 8:45 AM
Jun 2020
Inugirlz said:
I was rooting for Sophia.

Shun's group is cringe.
sophia and wrath are more cringy losers in the old world and reborn as craty powerfull monster edgelords in new world acting all high and mighty and looking down on the other reincarnations so cocky
Jun 18, 2021 8:46 AM
Jul 2020
Wasted the original manga, with nonsense story and even worst animation.
Jun 18, 2021 8:47 AM

Apr 2018
Shiraori talking is the only thing I really liked here.

Stubborn Shun doesn't realise that Sophia and Kyouya are literally wasting time since they "can't kill reincarnators" and his idea that being a hero with friends will make him win is really a bit too much... hope this development does justice to the last episode.
Jun 18, 2021 8:48 AM

Dec 2014
Seriously, I am not satisfy with this episode, I'd expect Sophia to at least take away one hand of Shun and then do the talking to drag the fucking show.

This is super boring where Shun always happy go lucky.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jun 18, 2021 8:49 AM

Apr 2020
Ulas_Sar said:
Millepensee has single handedly ruined this adaptation
wrong bro
cruncyroll did
its a cruncyroll original
Jun 18, 2021 8:50 AM
Sep 2016
TheCeeJayz said:

Without much spoilers, this was never a fantasy world.
Jun 18, 2021 8:51 AM

May 2016
Sadge no Kumo no me.
Jun 18, 2021 8:53 AM

Mar 2016
I'm I the only one who enjoys BOTH time lines? Yeah, Kumoko it's a kawai little spidey and that, but there's valuable content in the story of the humans and a lot of people here complains about this part, this makes me think half of people who watches this doesn't like to think, give them kumoko and they'll be happy.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 18, 2021 8:58 AM
Jan 2021
TheCeeJayz said:

No genre change:
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. (Arthur C. Clarke)
You can also state that in reverse:
Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.

The genres of Science Fiction and Fantasy have myriads of examples of crossovers: Witch World, Darkover, and many more.

Go back and really look at the Taboo infodump and you'll see a clue towards this.
Jun 18, 2021 8:59 AM

Jan 2021
This entire episode felt like padding. If the fight animations are going to be that awful, at least don't make us experience so many of them when they're of absolutely no consequence whatsoever. We already knew Sophia is out of their league.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

366 by Rimuru_11407 »»
Apr 21, 6:07 AM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

331 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 5, 2:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.