Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 17, 2021 8:07 PM
Jan 2021
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Funimation hasn't uploaded on time... that's a bummer. Well, I'll just prep this discussion post in the meantime.

Edit: Episode is now up on Funimation.

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
anime-primeJul 14, 2021 5:28 AM
Jun 17, 2021 11:41 PM
Nov 2020
This show has set a whole new level for cliffhangers, however basic of a plot device it may be. I was expecting the ending but it still gave me the creeps.

At this point in the storyline, it's important to think about the overall direction that it will take. So far, events have been organized in a mission-per-arc format with interspersed hints of a larger plot. This approach has been tried and tested throughout the animation and overarching entertainment industries and it is fine to use for Link Click. On the other hand, there are a few episodes left (better be three), meaning that the story needs to get concluded and preferably in a well-defined manner that ties up any last strands and resolves any questions. Note that the mechanics of the world do not have to be fully explained since we as viewers can just assume them to be the surrounding framework of the actual sequence of events, the latter of which we should actually concentrate on.

In short, the next few episodes are critical to establishing a cohesive ending. My opinion of this show will hinge on what's next for the photo-diving team.
Jun 18, 2021 1:15 AM

Jan 2021
God, I didn't think he wasn't going to take the job, although I understand, it could be a problem for Cheng Xiao Shi...

Nah man, we've been left without a happy ending, I wonder who it will be (μ_μ)
Jun 18, 2021 6:20 AM
Oct 2019
I think the blond guy in a cap will be the main antagonist.
Jun 18, 2021 8:57 AM
Nov 2020
Just to add that there is a convincing theory for the plot. Spoilers below.

ilalocheziaJun 18, 2021 9:01 AM
Jun 18, 2021 10:10 PM

Jan 2013

Cheng Xiaoshi, stop messing with the timeline!

Seems like the mysterious caller (the killer perhaps?) could be the lead the gang into the case to find the killer. Lu Guang, plz just let Xiaoshi know the truth. We need the last 2 episodes to solve Emma's case!

Also it seems that Qiao Ling doesn't exactly know how Cheng's and Lu's power works? Or like, why they can do what they do or how. The power thing definitely won't be explained anytime soon (or ever).

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
anime-primeJul 14, 2021 5:37 AM
Jun 19, 2021 1:24 AM
Oct 2016

Seems like the mysterious caller (the killer perhaps?) could be the lead the gang into the case to find the killer. Lu Guang, plz just let Xiaoshi know the truth. We need the last 2 episodes to solve Emma's case!

Also it seems that Qiao Ling doesn't exactly know how Cheng's and Lu's power works? Or like, why they can do what they do or how. The power thing definitely won't be explained anytime soon (or ever).

I was quite confused as to why they kept it to themselves, probably safety reasons since her memory also got altered when she saw cheng Xiaoshi in the past (doudou episode), nor did she snap to them about changing the past and making her friend do all those things.

I believe that the dude has been studying them for a long time, to be able to mess things up that bad, I wonder how will it all play out.

Can we talk about the music good people? Like damn that was a banger! Well, in general this ona has great music and backround music as well, my anxiety skyrockets every single time!

Im glad to see from the first interaction in this episode that Cheng Xiaoshi is not distant from Lu Guang but instead he said that he trusted his judgement, it shows that they wont suddenly break apart. However the Emma revelation will be quite dramatic, I suppose

This episode was great as always, not only because it ended where it started, with the promise of a massive enemy approaching but because it also gave us some depth to the character lives, well, that they've been basically glued since school at least

What are y'all thinking about the finale?

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
anime-primeJul 14, 2021 5:39 AM
Jun 19, 2021 2:41 AM

Dec 2014
What was written in the text messages which was sent by the villain at the end of the episode? They weren't translated into English so I am confused.

I really wish this show had like 30-40 episodes so we could really explore the universe, characters, history, and time-traveling power in detail. Even though I am thoroughly enjoying the series, everything feels super rushed without any explanation. I highly feel they would be wrapping the show in just 3 episodes and not have a season 2 of it considering the style of delivery they are opting for.

Sigh, this show is super dependent on art, delivery, suspense, and music. Otherwise, I don't see it being this highly appreciated as it is.
Saaaniya ja nai, Sun-ee-ya da!
Jun 19, 2021 2:44 AM

Dec 2014
ilalochezia said:

That would be really cool. I hope it is like that!
Saaaniya ja nai, Sun-ee-ya da!
Jun 19, 2021 3:24 AM
Oct 2019
ilalochezia said:

Wow, I didn't consider that the blond guy could've possesed that glasses guy and try to use chloroform on Cheng Xiaoshi. This sounds very likely.
Jun 19, 2021 4:48 AM

May 2011
Hmm, likely it might be due to Cheng Xiaoshi's action that resulted to this outcome. This show's having cliffhanger every episode.

I'm surprise Qiao Ling doesn't really know about their power too.

Edit: I read about some people mentioning there might be a chance of a second "time traveler". I'm kinda skeptical about that, but we'll see.

ChaosK9 said:

That exact sentence cross my mind every time xD.

snaieem said:

I really wish this show had like 30-40 episodes so we could really explore the universe, characters, history, and time-traveling power in detail. Even though I am thoroughly enjoying the series, everything feels super rushed without any explanation. I highly feel they would be wrapping the show in just 3 episodes and not have a season 2 of it considering the style of delivery they are opting for.

Eh, who knows, maybe we'll have episode 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5.

/s

snaieem said:
What was written in the text messages which was sent by the villain at the end of the episode? They weren't translated into English so I am confused.

> "线索收到"
"Clue received"

> "我的新朋友"
"My new friend"

jr_paperbagJun 19, 2021 5:15 AM
Jun 19, 2021 6:00 AM
Oct 2019
The whole time i was like: " Bro i hate seeing some love dovely stuff, gimme something exciting" and than BAM the ending. Now it is confirm that whenever Cheng Xiaoshi changes time even a bit time the mystery killer appear although it is obvious anyway
Jun 19, 2021 7:51 AM

Mar 2008
Há! Talk about hearts beating fast!

At this moment a lightning fell in my mind.
"She is one of the victims?!"
Remember episode 6?

I thought, "she is the seventh case that was missing!".
No, we know that she is not, but at the same time it is! Because Xiaoshi intervened thinking that he would prevent a murder, he actually created the conditions for another murder! It was Xu who was actually the seventh case, but it was missing because the conditions for her death weren't still fulfilled? I had thought first that the seventh case was missing from the file because of the murderer, because he had some way to know and interfere with the investigation, or because he is aware of the Main Duo powers and he himself may have some super natural power, but now it seems it was just a temporal inconsistency/paradox?
Will my mind remain blow the fuck out all the way to the moon until the next episode?

FOOOOOOCK!
This thriller is as good as Odd Taxi.

It's a shame IMO that some times the series have this need to "remember" that "it's an anime too", but thinking about it it's only the second time in 9 episodes that this happen. Even so this don't diminish all the good and punches.

Now, it's very probably that there's more people with super natural powers out there beyond Lu and Xiaoshi? If even Qiao don't know about Lu's powers I have to assume that other people keep their power as secret as he.

PaninaManinaJun 19, 2021 7:57 AM
Jun 19, 2021 8:02 AM

Mar 2008
Something to discuss.
If the Murderer is aware of Lu and Xiaoshi, why is this?
Why would he go after Xu despite Lu apparently trying to stay away? Why would he "provoke" the two going after Xu? Because of the messages he sent of Xu phone and the call we must assume that he is aware that those three work together, right?

My explanation is the photo the detective showed Lu.
By his own powers Lu can see into the photos, he must had seems a bit into the photo with Emma's corpse and a bit into the photo of the security camera that caught the murderer. What if the Murderer "felt" Lu presence when he looked the photo? Could this be one of the reasons why he is aware of the main cast?
Jun 19, 2021 8:24 AM

Mar 2008
HelerWz said:

Im glad to see from the first interaction in this episode that Cheng Xiaoshi is not distant from Lu Guang but instead he said that he trusted his judgement, it shows that they wont suddenly break apart. However the Emma revelation will be quite dramatic, I suppose

If Xiaoshi had followed "Lu's judgment" strictly Emma wouldn't have died, he has no one to blame bu himself. I hope he'll understand this and that Lu is keeping the secret because they can't change past again (they have no means to change).

ilalochezia said:

---

The antagonist is another time traveller.

Hum, I had not thought about this specifics?
Yes, it's a possibility that the murder is out there acting indirectly like Lu works.

I believe that the doubt about hiding the eyes is wrong, this is just normal to no reveal the ways to keep the identity of a character hidden. But yes, would work that way.
What I noticed when I watched those scenes again is that there's a very great difference in behavior and small physical difference.
Pay attention to the way he moves when he is sneaking around. Does he looks like it's the same person who tried to hit Xu? To me don't. And besides this, look the parts of his face that we can see. His face is clean, but before and after when we see the "mamma boy" he actually has a light beard/mustache. Those facial hairs apparently disappeared while he was "possessed".

jr_paperbag said:

> "线索收到"
"Clue received"

> "我的新朋友"
"My new friend"

This reinforces my believe that yes, it's another person with super natural powers and he noticed Lu and got spooked by the possibility of Lu using his power to help the police get him.
That would be way he "called" Lu a "friend".
A friend in the sense that he identifies with Lu, because both have super natural powers.
And the "clue" is that via Xu he found their identities.
Jun 19, 2021 8:50 AM
Oct 2016
[quote=PaninaManina message=63537377]

If Xiaoshi had followed "Lu's judgment" strictly Emma wouldn't have died, he has no one to blame bu himself. I hope he'll understand this and that Lu is keeping the secret because they can't change past again (they have no means to change).

Yeah, I agree with you. I said it with the thought of 'they are not fighting right now'.
But then again in the new episode he, again didn't follow Lu Guangs words

Also about the theory of another time traveller existing would make sense at this time, I'm worried whether their ability works in a different way and how will they be approaching our main trio.
Jun 19, 2021 9:34 AM
Mar 2020
Hmm...If the serial killer has a possession ability like Cheng Xiaoshi, then it's possible that he was possessing the blond guy from episode 1, the client from the earthquake arc (when Qiao Ling was being grabbed from behind), as well as the guy following Shanshan in the alley. That would explain why the guy in the alley suddenly drugged himself and seemed to act in a completely different way, as if he was unaware of the situation he was in...maybe because the serial killer stopped possessing him once he knew that Shanshan was being possessed.
Jun 19, 2021 9:47 AM
Oct 2016
PaninaManina said:
Something to discuss.
If the Murderer is aware of Lu and Xiaoshi, why is this?
Why would he go after Xu despite Lu apparently trying to stay away? Why would he "provoke" the two going after Xu? Because of the messages he sent of Xu phone and the call we must assume that he is aware that those three work together, right?

My explanation is the photo the detective showed Lu.
By his own powers Lu can see into the photos, he must had seems a bit into the photo with Emma's corpse and a bit into the photo of the security camera that caught the murderer. What if the Murderer "felt" Lu presence when he looked the photo? Could this be one of the reasons why he is aware of the main cast?

He probably wanted to gain more intel of how their powers worked to set up his game?
Jun 19, 2021 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
Very lighthearted episode compared to before. New girl is so cute in every way. I admired her drama.
However, "crazy as always" cliffhanger again. Next arc will be more dangerous.
Jun 19, 2021 11:49 AM

Mar 2008
piaomy said:
Hmm...If the serial killer has a possession ability like Cheng Xiaoshi, then it's possible that he was possessing the blond guy from episode 1,the client from the earthquake arc (when Qiao Ling was being grabbed from behind), as well as the guy following Shanshan in the alley. That would explain why the guy in the alley suddenly drugged himself and seemed to act in a completely different way, as if he was unaware of the situation he was in...maybe because the serial killer stopped possessing him once he knew that Shanshan was being possessed.

I had said that the other day tha the scene was made that way to give us a clear view of his left hand, that it was meant of us to notice that he didn't have a marriage ring on his hand because at the end of the arc the past had changed and he married instead of remaining single.

But, now that we are discussing this, maybe there was another reason why the whole scene was framed that way.
Can we really assume that it was just a coincidence that it was during that scene that we received that information about a possible serial killer, and that he could be aiming woman? And that when he tried to touch Qiao his hand had this strange "artistic" glow to make it more ominous?

Now I'm suspicious of everything.
Jun 19, 2021 12:55 PM

Mar 2008
We're going into Donnie Darko territory now.

Jun 19, 2021 2:07 PM
May 2021
What's with the ending?? Shouldn't the suspect be arrested who was in the photo arrested?

Opinion on the episode: 10/10. The singing scene with Xu Shanshan was great. The voice singer of Xu Shanshan has a beautiful voice. It's nice to see some backstory to our characters, and the ending left me shocked as well.
Jun 19, 2021 9:21 PM

Apr 2015
Great episode. As expected, Lu Guang didn't take the case, but I thought he was going to have no choice but to take it sooner or later. I didn't expect it to connect with the current case and that the killer would make another move already by the end of this episode. Wow that ending gave me the creeps. This show is seriously killing it with the cliffhangers. Funny that the phone hanging up, creating the beeping sound, fit perfectly with the ED. Such a smooth move.

Ending aside, gotta applaud Xu Shanshan's VA for singing the Chinese song so beautifully. If anyone's curious, the song is called "Ru Hai" (Into The Sea) by Mao Buyi. Love his voice, pleasantly surprised they used a song by him.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jun 20, 2021 1:18 AM
Oct 2016
Esmera said:
Great episode. As expected, Lu Guang didn't take the case, but I thought he was going to have no choice but to take it sooner or later. I didn't expect it to connect with the current case and that the killer would make another move already by the end of this episode. Wow that ending gave me the creeps. This show is seriously killing it with the cliffhangers. Funny that the phone hanging up, creating the beeping sound, fit perfectly with the ED. Such a smooth move.

Ending aside, gotta applaud Xu Shanshan's VA for singing the Chinese song so beautifully. If anyone's curious, the song is called "Ru Hai" (Into The Sea) by Mao Buyi. Love his voice, pleasantly surprised they used a song by him.

Thank you! I really wanted to find that song. This series uses some truly great songs
Jun 20, 2021 7:13 AM

Dec 2020
the cute love story of course had to end like that. and oh our main cast are all in the same year? thought that qiao ling was older than them
Jun 20, 2021 7:34 AM
Mar 2016
Nooooo, i want to cry. Why did they have to do that to her. I hope she's okay. Thats was one of their best friends, if they caused this i really cant even imagine how they would feel. These poor babies ♡
Jun 20, 2021 12:45 PM
May 2021
Ahhh. It's a good episode ! Gave so much depth to our main characters! That phonecall gave me goosebumps. I can't wait for the ending (but the show is going to end soon :( ). About the message' clues recieved' I think that the villain had found something (It could be their powers), To him (the villain).. It felt like the main characters were drawing him in.. Almost like they giving clues to him. Maybe there were circumstances ( the previous episodes) were they were slowly giving out clues (info about the main gang) to him, Although I am not sure how this worked.One of my theories is that the murderer/villain has a superpower where he can locate other superhumans (just like in the anime charlotte xD) or maybe it's like a universal thing... Anyway the next message ' new friend ' has the reason listed above... Or One more theory coming up. The villain could have been killing people and Xu Shanshan was one of his targets. Maybe the murderer kinda stalks the person he is going to kill ? Could be. I believe he does so. This is also one of the ways where he found out about the duo.(When she visits Cheng Xiaoshi and Lu Guang).Also there's a spread on the internet related to them ( the cover). One question I had in the back of my mind was how in the world did the villain know about the meeting with Dong qui. You could say yeah he could have read the messages , sure. But he said ' I will come as promised'. The word 'promised ' bothered me.Along with the laugh. I am not sure about Xu Shanshan promosing to come but she might have said that too... But it would make more sense if the villain said that to Dong Qui instead of the trio.In my opinion the villain sees them as a play tool.

Anyways thank you for listening to my tedx talk! Keep the discussion going! Would love to see more theories!
Jun 21, 2021 2:52 AM
Oct 2019
Some spoilers for the upcoming episodes:

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
KarinaraMay 18, 2022 11:13 AM
Jun 21, 2021 9:07 AM
Oct 2016
eardun said:

I-
How when where. Are you a little time traveller yourself? Consider me dying with theories

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
KarinaraMay 18, 2022 11:13 AM
Jun 21, 2021 11:11 AM
May 2021
eardun said:

Lol

I was searching for these spoilers! Thank you! Looks like Lu Guang and Cheng Xiaoshi are in an argument. Now we have to wait for the episode Pv

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
KarinaraMay 18, 2022 11:14 AM
Jun 21, 2021 12:47 PM

Sep 2020
I have nothing to say; This was one of the weakest episode with strongest cliffhanger.
Jun 23, 2021 8:12 AM
Apr 2021
snaieem said:
Sigh, this show is super dependent on art, delivery, suspense, and music. Otherwise, I don't see it being this highly appreciated as it is.

just saying that's like 70% of what makes a good show. Story and character aren't as important if you want to simply enjoy a show, but they are definitely important in order to elevate a show beyond just being good.
I'd say the final episodes will really decide if the show will float or sink
Jun 23, 2021 11:58 AM

Feb 2021
That one song.. does anyone have the name to the song she sang at the karaoke? It’s a very pretty song, tbh all of the music in this donghua is so good
Jun 24, 2021 2:24 AM
Feb 2021
ilalochezia said:

I knew the serial killer case would come back eventually, not to mention he's a time traveller-murderer? Sounds plausible.

"I'll come for you" indicates they've been watching them all this time.

Though I wonder how they can wrap this up in 3 episodes..

Given that season renewals of donghuas depend only on source material sales, this series is fully original so we shall see.
Jun 24, 2021 7:19 AM
Sep 2014
Anyone feel like the pacing is all over the place? Like the first case was way too fast, then the Earthquake case was really slow, and then the last few cases were ok but still a bit fast. I'm not sure if it's just me :/
Jun 24, 2021 8:21 AM

Sep 2020
venus88 said:
Anyone feel like the pacing is all over the place? Like the first case was way too fast, then the Earthquake case was really slow, and then the last few cases were ok but still a bit fast. I'm not sure if it's just me :/
I think it's just you , the pacing is perfect.
Jul 12, 2021 10:49 PM
Apr 2020
Well this episode got me on the edge of my seat. It's also the first one that didn't make me cry, so hoorray. Very very curious if Lu Guang is going to tell the truth to Cheng Xaoshi about Emma.. though I can see why he would keep it from Cheng Xaoshi. Also it seems that Qao Ling isn't even aware how the guys gather clues from the photographs, which is interesting. I'm curious if there's going to be an explanation in regards to how they got those powers and perhaps a bit more backstory in terms of how they became aware that they can do what they do etc.
Jul 13, 2021 5:27 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I thought it would be a random romance case but damn that end, seems like she has been kidnapped or something like that!
Jul 13, 2021 2:51 PM

Apr 2018
A tragic love story with a bad,bad ending.. Attacker 2 comes into the story.
Oh and the moment when the first attacker knocked himself out was way too funny LOL. (seems like he was possessed)
The comedy is pretty good for a dongua..
SideCharacterKalJul 13, 2021 2:55 PM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 14, 2021 5:27 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This episode thread has been properly formatted.
Jul 16, 2021 9:25 PM

Aug 2017
Wtf that League reference lol

It looks the murderer is aware of Lu and Xiaoshi now.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 8, 2021 9:23 PM

Aug 2011
Plot hole? I thought Cheng takes the place of the person who took the picture, but a classmate took the picture on the phone yet he didn't turn into him.
Aug 9, 2021 11:23 AM

Aug 2012
Watching this in the middle of night. I miss my university life. :(
Oct 1, 2021 2:52 AM
Nov 2019
Radwimp said:
Plot hole? I thought Cheng takes the place of the person who took the picture, but a classmate took the picture on the phone yet he didn't turn into him.

He entered through selfie not through that duo photo.
Oct 1, 2021 9:04 PM

Jul 2021
all i gotta say is my jaw dropped lol
ella hace todo por seducirme
Nov 2, 2021 12:57 PM

May 2021
Another cliff hanger also the time line is changing to much
Inhales oxygen
Nov 22, 2021 1:42 PM

Mar 2021
watching it in the middle of the night and that last scene with the call kinda scared me 🚶‍♀️ gotta go watch some comedy shit
but it was a great episode anyway
Dec 5, 2021 12:07 AM

Sep 2020
yeesh when i heard that deep voice on the phone it spooked me lol
Dec 13, 2021 11:05 PM

Jul 2015
if after six goddamn years, that guy did NOT SMASH, he's a [freaking] dork. why do these people act like high schoolers when they're suppose to be in college?

filler episode.
TrustACDec 14, 2021 4:26 PM

Jan 17, 2022 6:29 AM
May 2019
I'm a little confused, did Cheng Xiaoshi's actions while being Xu Shanshan lead to her photo being published online? What would have happened in the original timeline if Xu Shanshan did not intervene (which I believe she didn't since she was blackout drunk)? I am assuming that would have led to her photo NOT being published - but wouldn't that mean the past was changed, which Lu Guang says is nigh impossible? Or is Lu Guang only referring to major nodes in the timeline?

Also, how long ago did the party take place? I am assuming that it was just the night before?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stardew - Apr 30, 2021

168 by UtamiQQ »»
Apr 17, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ilalochezia - May 13, 2021

57 by Mjohlnir »»
Apr 10, 8:44 PM

» Some logic questons

TheMageDalamar - Apr 1

11 by Soffy321 »»
Apr 6, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mystrias - May 20, 2021

152 by x340 »»
Apr 4, 8:54 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ilalochezia - Apr 30, 2021

77 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 27, 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.