Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 50 Discussion


Mar 28, 2010 10:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 1245
suigetsu00 said:
Remus_Lupa said:
Isn't she called Olivia? as Oliver would be a name for a male... And they sound pretty much the same. Not that I really care.

Mustang was useless. Again. x'D
But it's great seeing those old faces again.


lol her name is olivier.....its been debated a long time among manga fans but arakawa said its olivier :)
ArnoldK said:
Remus_Lupa said:
Isn't she called Olivia? as Oliver would be a name for a male... And they sound pretty much the same. Not that I really care.

Mustang was useless. Again. x'D
But it's great seeing those old faces again.


Her name is spelled like this in Japanese:

オリヴィエ

That's O-ri-bi-EH.

If it was supposed to be "Olivia" it would be spelled like this:

オリヴィエア (O-ri-bi-AH)

I fail to see why there's any confusion about this at all. If they wanted it to be "olivia" the katakana would be different.
alexcampos said:
ArnoldK said:
Remus_Lupa said:
Isn't she called Olivia? as Oliver would be a name for a male... And they sound pretty much the same. Not that I really care.

Mustang was useless. Again. x'D
But it's great seeing those old faces again.


Her name is spelled like this in Japanese:

オリヴィエ

That's O-ri-bi-EH.

If it was supposed to be "Olivia" it would be spelled like this:

オリヴィエア (O-ri-bi-AH)

I fail to see why there's any confusion about this at all. If they wanted it to be "olivia" the katakana would be different.


Actually her name is O-ri-vi-e. This (ヴィ) is a rarely used katakana which is (vi) not (bi).

When translated to English (remember none of the characters in FMA are Japanese, they're supposed to be from Europe) her name is Olivier.


THANK YOU FOR CLEARING THAT UP FOR ME! THAT MAKES SENSE! ~<3
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
 
Mar 28, 2010 10:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 106
Holy f*ck, those things are creepy.
 
Mar 28, 2010 11:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2435
New OP next week!!!!! =)
 
Mar 29, 2010 2:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 863
New OP and ED next week along with a good ass ep i saw the preview im hyped cause

Olivia is fighting Sloth O SHIT!!!!!! and i loved thi ep my girl ross back woooooooooooooooo and havoc lookin cool as ever

5/5
 
Mar 29, 2010 4:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 800
ro said:
New OP and ED next week along with a good ass ep i saw the preview im hyped cause

Oh really?
Hope they're better than the previous two then because personally I think it's unfitting garbage xD

Great build-up episode with plenty of old familiar faces, but nothing spectacular if you ask me. I'm much more exited for the next episode and the so called "immortal" army =D
Though somehow I got the feeling that the line 'mors vincit omnia' will apply to them as well ;)
 
Mar 29, 2010 5:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 849
EternalDreamer said:
ro said:
New OP and ED next week along with a good ass ep i saw the preview im hyped cause

Oh really?
Hope they're better than the previous two then because personally I think it's unfitting garbage xD

Great build-up episode with plenty of old familiar faces, but nothing spectacular if you ask me. I'm much more exited for the next episode and the so called "immortal" army =D
Though somehow I got the feeling that the line 'mors vincit omnia' will apply to them as well ;)



id really wanna know wat ur favourite OP & ED themes are....and see how fitting they really are....:):):)
 
Mar 29, 2010 5:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 319
It's really good.
This episode is like the preparation before the great war. XD.

Next ep is the critical num 51, where some anime finished. Keep goin on fma. Lol

 
Mar 29, 2010 7:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 21
omg it's evul ed


loved the episode. The screams in the end of the episode gave me goose bumbps.
 
Mar 29, 2010 9:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1862
Mariaaa x)
HAVOOOC x3 I've been waiting for his awesome comeback, yup. Good to see him again.
Olivier kicks ass, like she always does xp
The Cyclops Army is finally on the loose, SHIT IS GOING DOWN.
I want my Mustang scene D:
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.


Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
 
Mar 29, 2010 9:39 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 49
Getting better day by Day WOah!

Maria and Havoc are BACK!
 
Mar 29, 2010 10:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 800
cnaw said:
EternalDreamer said:
ro said:
New OP and ED next week along with a good ass ep i saw the preview im hyped cause

Oh really?
Hope they're better than the previous two then because personally I think it's unfitting garbage xD

id really wanna know wat ur favourite OP & ED themes are....and see how fitting they really are....:):):)
There are loads of openings and endings that are much better in every way compared to the one's we've seen in this version of FMA.
Right on top of my head I can at least name a few. I'm too lazy to find out the exact name of the songs though so I'll just list the animes ;)
Higurashi no naku koro ni
Ghost In The Shell
Lucky Star
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya + S2
Ichigo Mashimaro
Clannad After story

All of the above have good memorable OP and/or EDs and I'm positive there are plenty more out there that I've not yet even heard that still is better than the FMA OP xD
I don't know but it's something about it that make me want to mute the sound every time it plays^^
 
Mar 29, 2010 10:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 849
^^
besides the higurashi themes , i really don't like any of those anime themes you've mentioned . . I always skipped thru most of them when i watched the respective anime . .
It just depends upon the choice of an individual . . You like themes , which i don't like , and i like themes , which you don't like . . . . I wouldn't have cared if you'd targeted any other op . . . But you targeted PERIOD . . . . Its my favourite OP THEME of all time . . . Ha ha ha . . And nothin can beat PERIOD for me :) :) :) :)

and i know this is the wrong place to ask this question , but i really wanna know . . anyone knows where noteDhero is . . . .
Modified by lafuria_sux, Mar 29, 2010 10:36 AM
 
Mar 29, 2010 1:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 3911
Pretty good episode, I like how they're pacing it so far.
 
Mar 29, 2010 2:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2578
lol i loved this episode drama suspense and humor all in one ! XD

what i though was funny is havoc's beard ha ha ha he looks so much older then expected with a beard lol XD
“We are all like fireworks. We climb, shine, and always go our separate ways and become further apart. But even if that time comes, let’s not disappear like a firework, and continue to shine forever.”


 
Mar 29, 2010 10:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 305
Good episode as always, but not as good as I expected.
Still, next one will be great.

Lol @ pervert Hoenheim XD
 
Mar 30, 2010 1:24 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 3610
omg I got scared when the puppets started to scream.

This is getting ridiculous!! Every episode I'm like wtf!?!? So awesome.
 
Mar 30, 2010 2:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 7062
Mmmmm Sloth in preview.
 
Mar 30, 2010 2:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1400
Hohenheim is still a badass mofo.

Scary voices!!! o.O
 
Mar 30, 2010 6:08 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 100
Why do you guys get excited about opening and endings?

I don't even care about it, I fast forward the opening and ending.
 
Mar 30, 2010 6:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 849
@^^^^
i'm glad i don't forward em . . . .
 
Mar 30, 2010 7:29 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1374
Good shit as usual. The current opening isn't too good, hope the next one is.
 
Mar 30, 2010 7:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 843
So.
Much.
Awesome.
<img src="http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e297/kitsu_ayame/Untitled-6.png" />
 
Mar 30, 2010 7:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 13
Best.
Episode.
Evah.
 
Mar 30, 2010 9:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 15
HAVOC.

NUFF SAID.

Man those white zombies are much more creepier animated. Can't wait 'til Olivier whoops Sloth next episode. xD
And I'm really excited for the new OP/ED. The current ones are my favorites (Especially Shunkan Sentimental) and I really hope Sid can top it.
 
Mar 30, 2010 9:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 14
It was better in the manga, but for now best episode!

And one more thing:
Havoc = epic win.

 
Mar 30, 2010 12:21 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 416
BEST Episode so far!!

So full of awesomeness
 
Mar 30, 2010 1:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 158
Yes, I loved this episode!! Perhaps indeed the best episode so far!
 
Mar 30, 2010 2:09 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2687
I love Olivier, she's so badass and awesome. Also, Pride is just gets creepier with each episode, and I wonder what is he telling Father in Morse code or whatever it is. x__x God, he's creepy. And omg! Maris Ross and Havoc are baaaack. Awesome.


 
Mar 30, 2010 4:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2829
...and hell break loose!!!
 
Mar 30, 2010 4:47 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5114
The first part was a real letdown, unrealistic and excessively mushy to please the shonen audience. The second part was a bit better but it was a disapointingly slow and uneventful episode overall. They lost themselves with secondary characters and uninteresting subplots, and that's a shame after 10 or so fantastic ones.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
 
Mar 30, 2010 4:48 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 9
Does anyone know how many episodes this is going to run?
 
Mar 30, 2010 5:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4367
I was bored by this episode. Nothing really stood out besides Oliver.
 
Mar 30, 2010 6:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 807
noteDhero said:
I was bored by this episode. Nothing really stood out besides Oliver.


The return of Havoc and Maria Ross did nothing for you?

 
Mar 30, 2010 6:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4367
They're no Lan Fan. Havoc was on a phone, and Maria drove a truck. They were never important enough for me to care or miss them. Hence why I forgot about her other blonde partner last week.
 
Mar 30, 2010 6:45 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 354
noteDhero said:
They're no Lan Fan. Havoc was on a phone, and Maria drove a truck. They were never important enough for me to care or miss them. Hence why I forgot about her other blonde partner last week.


I'm glad I'm not like you:D It must suck not being able to enjoy lots of things as much as others do. And don't take this as an offense. Ppl are just different like that.
 
Mar 30, 2010 7:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4367
Hahaha. No, I see what you're saying, but I found that I just enjoy different things to a different degree than other people. Even if this episode did nothing for me, there are parts of this show that I find more enjoyable than other people.
 
Mar 30, 2010 7:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 793
CPIZZLE said:
Does anyone know how many episodes this is going to run?


63

ArnoldK said:
noteDhero said:
I was bored by this episode. Nothing really stood out besides Oliver.


The return of Havoc and Maria Ross did nothing for you?


thats what i was thinking but to each their own, i guess....i mean love ran fan but i dont compare everyone to her lol
 
Mar 30, 2010 7:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4367
It was the impact of their re-entry that I was comparing. Not the characters, since I don't really care for Lan Fan as a character. But she came in and did a job that not anyone else could have done.
 
Mar 30, 2010 8:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 346
Doesn't stop getting better!
 
Mar 30, 2010 10:58 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 327
ZOMBIE RUSH! Favorite part of manga! what this is around chap 90-100 wow its almost caught up to the manga


True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
 
Mar 30, 2010 11:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15702
Olivier awesomeness on this episode. "I'm not as soft as the hero of Ishbal". You go girl. Love seeing the scared faces on those useless old men.

Well Mustang's army spreading chaos was amusing, next episode looks to have even more development. Anyway Full Metal Alchemist always means good time spend.
BTW Pride found a way to notify "father". Al stop being an idiot and tale your head back. Why did you let it there as a toy.
 
Mar 31, 2010 12:24 AM

Online
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 7228
Anyone have any idea what W.C stands for, my heads spinning as I couldn't figure out. Who could be it?

Great Episode is Great. 10/10
Great to see Ross and Havoc back. Next episode will be OMG /me's head's spinning

 
Mar 31, 2010 12:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 492
Finally things starting to get awesome!
Olivier is one hell of women...headshot the useless army officer & challenging Sloth..can't wait her start kicking Sloth ass :)
Ed pretending to be chased by Scar & owned those guard is funny lol.
Holy shit those immortal army is freaky....lot's of shit gonna happen next ep.
 
Mar 31, 2010 5:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1301
BOOM Headshot! Olivier is badass. :D
 
Mar 31, 2010 6:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 290
Olivier, still as awesome as ever, if not more so. :)
 
Mar 31, 2010 7:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 793
dPsychc said:
Doesn't stop getting better!


trust me it gets tons better :P

kkmaster1337 said:
ZOMBIE RUSH! Favorite part of manga! what this is around chap 90-100 wow its almost caught up to the manga


this ep ended in the middle of chap 90 i believe

shanimebib said:
Anyone have any idea what W.C stands for, my heads spinning as I couldn't figure out. Who could be it?


where'd you see that?
 
Mar 31, 2010 7:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 807
suigetsu00 said:

shanimebib said:
Anyone have any idea what W.C stands for, my heads spinning as I couldn't figure out. Who could be it?


where'd you see that?


The scene with the Briggs army hiding right before making their move.

"W.C" are the letters found on Izumi's slippers.

 
Mar 31, 2010 9:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 15
I was wondering what the significance of Pride tapping the helmet was, at first I thought he was gonna create a spark hitting the wood against metal to create light for his shadows, but oh noes he's contacting father..

Great ep and those dolls really creep me out! :o
 
Mar 31, 2010 12:29 PM
Manga Moderator
歌は愛♡歌は希望

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 2804
ArnoldK said:
shanimebib said:
Anyone have any idea what W.C stands for, my heads spinning as I couldn't figure out. Who could be it?
"W.C" are the letters found on Izumi's slippers.
Haha, I never noticed. I thought they saw a sign for a toilet. xD

BEGINNER
 
Mar 31, 2010 1:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 849
This series is brilliance at its brilliant best . . . . And this episode just made it better . . . . Awesomeness . . Roy taisa is so cool . . . So are the others . . . Loved every bit of this episode . . . Can't wait for the next episode . . . BRING ON MORE FMA BRILLIANCE :)
 
Top
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »