Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 16, 2021 9:39 PM
Feb 2019
So, after I finished watching the first season, I decided I would wait for the movie to come out, which was already announced at that time, and then I'd switch to the manga; well, several months after watching the movie and for some reason I didn't catch up to the manga, then now that we finally got a confirmation of a s2 and a 2022 release date... It's a good idea to read the manga now? Or should I hope for the season to premiere?
Jun 17, 2021 12:31 AM
Jun 2016
It's difficult to say since, well, the season is not out yet. We don't know how it will turn out (I certainly hope it will be as fantastic as the previous adaptations, but anything can happen), so recommending one over the other right now is just a matter of what you usually want to experience. Reading the manga first will "spoil" what will happen in the anime, but in return you should be more hyped about it and maybe enjoy it even more because of the added colour, music... If you wait for the anime, you will experience everything for the first time there. Some plot points/twists will for sure be more shocking that way (and believe me, there's some really f*ed up sh*t coming).
Jun 18, 2021 4:39 PM

Jul 2020
I've been reading the manga for years and, I recommend you to stick with the anime. The biggest issue of the manga is Tsukushi takes an eternity to release a chapter. It's hard to be invested in the story of this series. That's why I'm planning to put the manga on hold once the current arc finishes.
I'll binge it when the manga reaches the end.
MinosSoraJun 18, 2021 4:42 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2021 7:26 PM
Jan 2020
Definitely wait for the anime. This season is best experienced all at once. I would honestly even tell you to wait for the second season to finish and then binge it all. I think you will get the most out of it this way. This second season isn't as good if you only view it episodically.
Jun 23, 2021 10:58 PM

Apr 2021
If you want to read the manga be sure to read the official, as the fan translated releases have too many translation errors.
Jul 13, 2021 10:11 PM

May 2019
mafd12 said:
So, after I finished watching the first season, I decided I would wait for the movie to come out, which was already announced at that time, and then I'd switch to the manga; well, several months after watching the movie and for some reason I didn't catch up to the manga, then now that we finally got a confirmation of a s2 and a 2022 release date... It's a good idea to read the manga now? Or should I hope for the season to premiere?
MinosSora said:
I've been reading the manga for years and, I recommend you to stick with the anime. The biggest issue of the manga is Tsukushi takes an eternity to release a chapter. It's hard to be invested in the story of this series. That's why I'm planning to put the manga on hold once the current arc finishes.
I'll binge it when the manga reaches the end.
Belafu said:
Definitely wait for the anime. This season is best experienced all at once. I would honestly even tell you to wait for the second season to finish and then binge it all. I think you will get the most out of it this way. This second season isn't as good if you only view it episodically.

100% agree. Wait for the anime. The manga is a mess. If my first contact with MiA was the manga and not the 1st season of anime, probably i would not like this series the much i did.

Again. The Manga is a mess, and is not fault of the hiatus.

The last arc (which will be covered by this new season) just finished right now, few days ago, with chapter 60 (FINALLY!) after 4 years.

The mangaka Akihito made a brilliant series, BUT the anime adaptation still have the job of polish it, because the author have serious problems of storytelling and about how to make clear scenes.

For exemple for the fans who deny all this flaws:

SPOILER, of course.

Rob7Jul 13, 2021 10:18 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2022

258 by Toooooooooohru »»
Apr 15, 10:25 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

404 by Prupel1 »»
Apr 13, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2022

138 by Toooooooooohru »»
Apr 12, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

300 by owonism »»
Mar 31, 11:20 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2022

206 by owonism »»
Mar 31, 5:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.